It's starting, and from my OWN son!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It's starting, and from my OWN son!!

The trash talking!

My son and many of his friends here in Maryland have jumped all over the trash talk about how the Pats HAVE NOT defeated a team with a winning record this season. For this reason, the Ravens, (presuming they defeat the Texans) will march into the Razor (presuming the Pats defeat the Broncos) and be the AFC representative in the SB.  To him and his friends, it doesn't matter what their record was at the time the Pats played them, just what their season ending record is.  I counter with the fact a GOOD TEAM does not lose to teams with a losing record, which the Ravens have done twice.  Their counter, the Ravens have won "gut check" games against "good teams".  So, living here in the land of the purple is going to be interesting these next few weeks.  The good, I was out at the post office with my Patriots hoodie and got a "Go Patriots" shout out!!  (-;

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: It's starting, and from my OWN son!!

Mention the Ravens are a .500 team on the road, while we are 7-1 at the Razor. That should put them into a little tailspin.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: It's starting, and from my OWN son!!:
    [QUOTE]Mention the Ravens are a .500 team on the road, while we are 7-1 at the Razor. That should put them into a little tailspin.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    But...  they HAVE beaten teams with WINNING records, they say...  losing to losers does not matter!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

"losing to losers does not matter" hahahahahaha

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if they can stop rice then patriots roll, if not then probobaly not a good result for the pats

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's starting, and from my OWN son!! : But...  they HAVE beaten teams with WINNING records, they say...  losing to losers does not matter!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

A .500 team on the road. No getting around that.

Five common opponents: Ravens - 4-1; Pats - 4-1.

We had 6 wins against 8-8 teams. So they are clinging to a statistical technicality with the "winning team" whine. They're petrified and they should be with their road record.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to It's starting, and from my OWN son!!:
    [QUOTE]The trash talking! My son and many of his friends here in Maryland have jumped all over the trash talk about how the Pats HAVE NOT defeated a team with a winning record this season. For this reason, the Ravens, (presuming they defeat the Texans) will march into the Razor (presuming the Pats defeat the Broncos) and be the AFC representative in the SB.  To him and his friends, it doesn't matter what their record was at the time the Pats played them, just what their season ending record is.  I counter with the fact a GOOD TEAM does not lose to teams with a losing record, which the Ravens have done twice.  Their counter, the Ravens have won "gut check" games against "good teams".  So, living here in the land of the purple is going to be interesting these next few weeks.  The good, I was out at the post office with my Patriots hoodie and got a "Go Patriots" shout out!!  (-;
    AGC, CONTRARIAN lives in the baltimore (inner harbor area) part of maryland, whereabouts are ya?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]They've handled him many other times. Not saying he's easy whatsoever, he's one of my favorite players to watch at that position.  But, he's like 80% of their offense.  Torry Smith is the other. I just wouldn't expect a repeat of a Baltimore slapping of NE like 2 years ago. I heard Kiper, a Balt native, on the way in to work this morning and I just chuckled. Any Ravens fan thinking NE is like that team is a flat out moron to the nth degree.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Obviously, the sudden loss of Welker threw that team into a flux. Having Welker and Gronk/Hernandez is a whole different ballgame.

The Ravens have stank on the road and we have some guys looking for revenge. I like our chances. But we have to deal with Tebow first. Looking past them would be foolih.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Mention the Ravens are a .500 team on the road, while we are 7-1 at the Razor. That should put them into a little tailspin.

Think this matters? Go check out the 2009 season and the 8-0 home record. Now, what team put up 24 early/uncontested points against the Pats in that year's playoff game? 

I doubt if playing in Foxboro really matters to the Ravens, especially with Ray Lewis, nearing teh end of a HOF caliber career, wanting to add to his legacy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's starting, and from my OWN son!! : A .500 team on the road. No getting around that. Five common opponents: Ravens - 4-1; Pats - 4-1. We had 6 wins against 8-8 teams. So they are clinging to a statistical technicality with the "winning team" whine. They're petrified and they should be with their road record.
    Without their losses to the Pats, they are "winning" teams, aren't they?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It's starting, and from my OWN son!! : AGC, CONTRARIAN lives in the baltimore (inner harbor area) part of maryland, whereabouts are ya?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Living the good life on Kent Island... on the north side of Tolson Creek at its head waters...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's starting, and from my OWN son!! : Without their losses to the Pats, they are "winning" teams, aren't they?

Sure are.

You might also mention the Ravens were 6-4 outside their division, an 3-3 against the AFC outside their division.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

You need to make a crazy bet with him. Something to the extent if he's so confident that the Pats will lose that he'd be willing to shave the Pats logo into the back of his head if the Pats win.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]You need to make a crazy bet with him. Something to the extent if he's so confident that the Pats will lose that he'd be willing to shave the Pats logo into the back of his head if the Pats win.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]
    hmmmm...  he has less hair than I do!  LOL  I'm not a betting person, fortunately for me and my wallet.  We'll just trash talk away.  By the way, the last time the Ravens played the Pats in the playoffs, 2010..  I flew to Honolulu that day and arrived about 5 minutes into the game.  Both my sons were there at my US Navy son's place watching the game.  I got to his place and it was already 14 - 0.  Boy, did they trash talk when I walked in!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's starting, and from my OWN son!! : hmmmm...  he has less hair than I do!  LOL  I'm not a betting person, fortunately for me and my wallet.  We'll just trash talk away.  By the way, the last time the Ravens played the Pats in the playoffs, 2010..  I flew to Honolulu that day and arrived about 5 minutes into the game.  Both my sons were there at my US Navy son's place watching the game.  I got to his place and it was already 14 - 0.  Boy, did they trash talk when I walked in!!

ouch that hurts. Hopefully it's the other way around thi year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

First...let's beat the Broncos.

Second...let's see if the Ravens can beat the Texans.

Third...let the Pats/Ravens trash talk begin.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]The trash talking! My son and many of his friends here in Maryland have jumped all over the trash talk about how the Pats HAVE NOT defeated a team with a winning record this season. For this reason, the Ravens, (presuming they defeat the Texans) will march into the Razor (presuming the Pats defeat the Broncos) and be the AFC representative in the SB.  To him and his friends, it doesn't matter what their record was at the time the Pats played them, just what their season ending record is.  I counter with the fact a GOOD TEAM does not lose to teams with a losing record, which the Ravens have done twice.  Their counter, the Ravens have won "gut check" games against "good teams".  So, living here in the land of the purple is going to be interesting these next few weeks.  The good, I was out at the post office with my Patriots hoodie and got a "Go Patriots" shout out!!  (-;

Move a little closer to DC. The fans here get really excited for about five games before they stop talking about the SB and start discussing how bad the Redskins are.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"They talk a lot for one win in nine years"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Joe Flacco: 57% & 25 turnovers

Mark Sanchez: 55% & 18 turnovers

That's right, Joe Flacco is worst than Mark Sanchez

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's starting, and from my OWN son!! : Think this matters? Go check out the 2009 season and the 8-0 home record. Now, what team put up 24 early/uncontested points against the Pats in that year's playoff game?  I doubt if playing in Foxboro really matters to the Ravens, especially with Ray Lewis, nearing teh end of a HOF caliber career, wanting to add to his legacy.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

Abrupt loss of Welker in 2009 made it all bets off. There is no such wild card in the deck this year and Brady isn't coming back from a season lost to injury.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's starting, and from my OWN son!! : Abrupt loss of Welker in 2009 made it all bets off. There is no such wild card in the deck this year and Brady isn't coming back from a season lost to injury.

*knock on wood*

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Abraham and Isaac.  Just sayin', gotta at least weigh & consider even those commonly-held, Extreme & Drastic Measures.  The reasons behind the motive in that particular event were largely tentative and certainly ambiguous at the very best...unlike the utter contempt in the insolent behavior we're witnessing right here {"rationalize", "justify", "absolve"=oftentimes ALL very, very close synonyms of one another}...  

Sections
Shortcuts