It's SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! A celebration of football. Enjoy it!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It's SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! A celebration of football. Enjoy it!

Even though we don't have a horse in this race today, as a football fan, this is a day to celebrate.  Enjoy some great times with family and friends, eating and drinking wayyyyyy too much, watching the commercials and see which team gets crowned the best in the NFL for the past season.  If you are an NFL football fan, this is what you do on Super Bowl Sunday.  Yah, not seeing the Pats in it, coming oh so close bites, but, it is football.  Whether you got an ax to grind against the team who beat the Pats to get to the SB or simply couldn't care less, you've got to enjoy the over the top day this has become.

Put the beer on ice, order the pizzas, get the wings nice and hot, finger foods everywhere. It is Super Bowl Sunday, ENJOY IT!  I am certain every one of us has family or friends who are rooting for one of the teams today, be happy for them!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: It's SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! A celebration of football. Enjoy it!

Thanks Ags,  have a great one yourself and enjoy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Very nice post agcsbill !!!

Pats fans...Root for the 49ers...we are the West Coast Bay Area !!!

In addition to being a Boston teams fan, Celts, Sox & Bruins too, as I spent 1st 21 years in Maine, I'm a local fan too living now in SF not usually thought of as a sports town like Boston, Philly, Detroit, Pitts, Balt etc. Will be something to have a SB champ along with world series victors, SF Giants, and GS Warriors too to be strong, better than the hated Lakers, in the playoffs.

I want the 49ers to get revenge for the Pats as the Pats did not do last year when Giants luckily beat Niners on 2 bonehead fumbles. Then Pats lose the 2nd SB to NY in 3 years. Happy they did not make the playoffs at 9-7 as they did last year.

I really wanted a 49er-Pats SB as I did last year too. I think Pats would have beaten Alex Smith last year but if not, the loss would not have hurt as much as the 2nd one in 3 years in SBs with the dredded Giants. But this year, I don't think Pats would have beaten SF.

Some commentaries make fun of Jim Haubaugh being a little too "Rah Rah" sort of like Pete Carroll of Seattle. Brother John is a bit more reserved. Belichick is more reserved, stoic and seems unemotional.  Personally, I don't mind Jim's antics on the sidelines.

Here's the problem with the Pats and I know I'm simplifying this. All year they would usually score 35-40 points so defense was not a major issue. If some of you are Celtic fans it is similar to a problem Boston has had for a number of years, weak in rebounding but if they shot 45-50%, rebounding was not an issue. Many posts cited Welker's dropped pass as being the deciding factor. But, I felt the lack of a pass rush was what did Pats in with no pressure on Flacco.  Again, not a big issue if you can score 40-35 points and outscore the opponent but when you have a miserable offensive game, the defense can still rescue a team. SF was down 7-0 and 14-7 to Green Bay. They were down 17-0 to Atlanta and 24-14 at half.  In those 2 games in the 2nd half only 7 points were scored by GB when SF was up by 21, 45-24, in last meaningless 2 minutes and Falcons were held scoreless. When people think of SF, other than in the last 2 weeks with Kaepernicks ability to run, what do most people think first about SF's team...DEFENSE !!! If Pats had scored 35-40 pts Welker's drop becomes a non-issue. Pats main objective should be to draft linemen who can get to the QB & good defensive backs.

Anyway, my $02 Cents !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Well, at least two posters like this!  Thanks.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Really don't care much, but would like to see Randy get a ring and the ratbirds get humiliated.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

With Pats not in game Im not a nervous wreck on every play....So I guess I can actually enjoy the game..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Even though we don't have a horse in this race today, as a football fan, this is a day to celebrate.  Enjoy some great times with family and friends, eating and drinking wayyyyyy too much, watching the commercials and see which team gets crowned the best in the NFL for the past season.  If you are an NFL football fan, this is what you do on Super Bowl Sunday.  Yah, not seeing the Pats in it, coming oh so close bites, but, it is football.  Whether you got an ax to grind against the team who beat the Pats to get to the SB or simply couldn't care less, you've got to enjoy the over the top day this has become.

Put the beer on ice, order the pizzas, get the wings nice and hot, finger foods everywhere. It is Super Bowl Sunday, ENJOY IT!  I am certain every one of us has family or friends who are rooting for one of the teams today, be happy for them!

Thanks - you too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

And DONT be the guy who brings the GF to Superbowl Party...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Section136's comment:

Thanks - you too!

Hey, what is the course and golf hole pic from?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I guess I am a super sore loser as I really don't care if I catch the game, even though i am sure I will.  I read Pats all day EVERY day and follow Boston sports closely.  I will eat and drink today with my family as I have a few Shock Top Lemon Shandys in my fridge, and I really want to get some chicken (have not been to Boston market in sometime, or Roscos if the old woman wants to take a drive) 

The only thing I care about today is Reed having a huge game, so when he comes to the pats he is geared up.. see what I did there... and hopefully Randy gets his first ring.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

it's a bittersweet day for sure. i hope niners put the smack down on the head hunter crows,and ruin ray lewis's day

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I'd like to see Pollard get flattened on at least 3 occasions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

I'd like to see Pollard get flattened on at least 3 occasions.

i''d like to see him get nailed in the head about as many times as he's injured a Patriot.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

completely agree! i watch and enjoy it every year regardless if my team is involved or not

sometimes have a big rooting interest other times pick a team based on something (always liked that team or a friends favorite or a player i like) or just watch somewhat neutral

SU Sunday should really be an American holiday-hell everyone basically watches even non fans, it's always been a big event and now it's become a spectacle and everyone calls in sick monday anyway! (second most call-in sick day)

so enjoy all-even u pats fans! should be a great game

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

42AND46... I also believe the day after the SB sees a significant rise in either sick days or vacation days taken.  Goes to show how this game alone has become a celebration to be enjoyed by many who pay for it the next day!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Up yours! I wish that there were a way for both these teams to lose! I'm enjoying the day with the family. I hate both of these teams, almost equally.

I guess I'm eating from the same batch of sour grapes as Marshall Faulk, Bill!!!

LOL!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Why do you hate them...because they both beat the Pats. They are teams who can win without scoring 35-40 pts because they have better defenses than the Pats. Hopefully our draft will produce some pass rushers & defensive backs !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Up yours! I wish that there were a way for both these teams to lose! I'm enjoying the day with the family. I hate both of these teams, almost equally.

I guess I'm eating from the same batch of sour grapes as Marshall Faulk, Bill!!!

LOL!!!

Wow, i don't if we should take you seriously? Iwish no ill will to the Niners, but to the Crows yes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Yep looking forward to watching this game and just think it's only 6 months til August!  Go 49 ers!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

LOL!!!

TP.. it is a game, isn't it?  Enjoy the festivities to the max if you care regardless of the teams as it is about the "event".  No, you are no where near Marshall when it comes to sour grapes, if I have ever seen you express sour grapes when the Pats lose.  I find it amazing he truly believes the Pats cheated given how an NFL game goes.  Oh well!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

LOL!!!

TP.. it is a game, isn't it?  Enjoy the festivities to the max if you care regardless of the teams as it is about the "event".  No, you are no where near Marshall when it comes to sour grapes, if I have ever seen you express sour grapes when the Pats lose.  I find it amazing he truly believes the Pats cheated given how an NFL game goes.  Oh well!

Damn Buzzards!