it's texans ... so start the process

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: it's texans ... so start the process

Schaub will not beat the Pats if Foster is contained/limited/neutered......

I don't know why anyone would badmouth Irish Mob....that's how I get all my liquor.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I expect a fairly close one. The Texans should be better prepared this time and they won't be so overconfident. Pats got some lucky bounces in that game too. Hopefully we get some snow.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good to know quickly...  Like the matchup.  Snow showers...?

[/QUOTE]

The first order of business for BB to show his team films of the 45-3 win over the Jets in 2010...and follow that up with that stinko playoff loss several weeks later to the Gothams, 28-21. You have an identical scenario here. Houston was embarrassed on their last trip to Foxborough...and the Patriots will be heavily favored. They need to remember what happened with the Jets in 2010...and make sure that history doesn't repeat itself.

If New England brings their "A" game, they win. Job one and two for them is to shut down Arian Foster, as a runner, and a receiver, coming out of the backfield.  Stop Foster, and you stop the Texans. Job three is to prevent J.J. Watt from disrupting their offense. If the Pats can take an early lead, as they did several weeks ago, they should win easily. If not, it going to be a rough, tough, physical battle...like last years' AFC title game with the Ravens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

most likely won't be a blowout like the last one but i def love the matchup.

i'm guessing we will see some controversial ref calls in the ravens vs colts matchup and the colts end up in denver.

[/QUOTE]

I also get the feeling that a Colts 

Denver game would be more profitable 

for  the league than Denver

Balt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I say Pats win, and avoid the 2010 Jets rematch debacle, but I think it will be closer. 34-21 Pats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Play it close to the vest, use your tightends, run the football, create manageable first downs, when they bunch up spread them out, PROTECT THE FOOTBALL!!!

This team is built to win, unlike the finesse teams of the recent rebuilding past.  

Time to nut up and crush these fools like Conan.  This is the year that McDaniels proves that balance is the difference between winning and losing.

Game on!

Go Pats!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Depends if Brady got back in sync with Hernandez and Lloyd, that's the actually difference between next week and when we played them a month ago. 

Brady gave up passing the ball to Lloyd and Deion Branch was playing 2nd WR last week. Hern lost confidence and now Brady doesn't pass to him anymore. If you think we can do anything passing the ball to Welker 100 times again, we're in for something else. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

What's happened to this point is irrelevant, play to win, no more holding back... we can beat anyone and should.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Branch sucks and Hern is the most dynamic receiver on the team. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:
    [QUOTE]

most likely won't be a blowout like the last one but i def love the matchup.

i'm guessing we will see some controversial ref calls in the ravens vs colts matchup and the colts end up in denver.

[/QUOTE]

That game will be fascinating...  Like either team will have a chance to upset Denver... Except would like for Indy to dispatch Baltimore ... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They need to do a better job on Watt than last time. Watt had 0 sacks but he got some hits in there. HOU got Graham back, so I expect them to be better than last time with their 2 TE sets. We get Gronk back, so I still don't expect a close game. Maybe not 42-14, but like 38-20. 

Honestly, my biggest worry would be the Pats not taking these guys seriously. But after what happened in 2010, I don't expect that to happen.

Aqib Talib vs Andre Johnson will be interesting. Talib may be a bit rusty...but it should be good practice in preparation for D. Thomas

[/QUOTE]

big worry should be is talib and dennard healthy enough to give us an "a" effort against the hou receivers

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

its best if the Patriots can jump on the Texans quickly again. Dont let them have any ideas about making it a game. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good to know quickly...  Like the matchup.  Snow showers...?

[/QUOTE]

The first order of business for BB to show his team films of the 45-3 win over the Jets in 2010...and follow that up with that stinko playoff loss several weeks later to the Gothams, 28-21. You have an identical scenario here. Houston was embarrassed on their last trip to Foxborough...and the Patriots will be heavily favored. They need to remember what happened with the Jets in 2010...and make sure that history doesn't repeat itself.

If New England brings their "A" game, they win. Job one and two for them is to shut down Arian Foster, as a runner, and a receiver, coming out of the backfield.  Stop Foster, and you stop the Texans. Job three is to prevent J.J. Watt from disrupting their offense. If the Pats can take an early lead, as they did several weeks ago, they should win easily. If not, it going to be a rough, tough, physical battle...like last years' AFC title game with the Ravens.

[/QUOTE]

"  The first order of business for BB to show his team films of the 45-3 win over the Jets in 2010...and follow that up with that stinko playoff loss several weeks later to the Gothams, 28-21"

love it.

ne, including josh, need to bring their a game

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I hope that Watt is made to look like the second coming by the media again...I think it makes Wilfork play better.

A couple of things I'm worried about...Schaub can't possibly play as bad as he did last time, and they have Reed back. Other than that I don't think their offense is all that good...it should be cold, it's a home game.

We should win in a close game and if our offensive line plays well, it won't be all that close. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Play it close to the vest, use your tightends, run the football, create manageable first downs, when they bunch up spread them out, PROTECT THE FOOTBALL!!!

This team is built to win, unlike the finesse teams of the recent rebuilding past.  

Time to nut up and crush these fools like Conan.  This is the year that McDaniels proves that balance is the difference between winning and losing.

Game on!

Go Pats!!!

[/QUOTE]

"Play it close to the vest, use your tightends, run the football, create manageable first downs, when they bunch up spread them out, PROTECT THE FOOTBALL!!!

Time to nut up and crush these fools like Conan."

love it!

"This is the year that McDaniels proves that balance is the difference between winning and losing."

as long as josh remembers that

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Which means Brady best not throw any early INTs or do continous 3 and outs due to a finesse shotgun spread preference.

No offense to the Washers, but BB will load up to stop Foster, take out Daniels in the middle and roll the dice elsewhere, making them go to the perimeter, just like last time.

This means, OUR offense needs to not be morons with Gronk back. Ugh.

So annoying watching Bdbreu and his dumb commentary.   Fact is, Brady is superior to Schaub and if Brady under-performs vs Schaub we deserve to lose. 

Good news is this is the healthiest NE has been probably all year, Gronk and Branch (yes, I said a healthy Branch) are back, as is Bolden, and BB has had 2 weeks to get ready.

It will be a closer game, but if Brady doesn't melt down with awkward decisions, NE wins and heads to Denver or hosts Baltimore.

[/QUOTE]

I like how a week before the game you're already ready to place the blame on Brady if we lose. You make no mention of the fact that he will be playing against a much tougher defense than the one Schaub will be facing. 

You say we are healthy on offense, but in reality any moron could see that Gronk was holding his arm by his side like it was an old woman's purse and don't evn go there with Branch (he is older than sand). The fact that you are going to compare two quarterbacks (who will be faced with totally different challenges playing in this game) shows just how much of a dumbo you are.

And I also love how you come up with your little game plan, as if you have a clue. Yeah, we'll just pound it against the Texans and dump the spread! Because teams are just so good at running on the Texans.

And are you really calling our offense morons?? You're a fan huh? Our moron of an offense has only scored the 3rd most points in NFL history this season and I can assure you they will be faced with a much more difficult task than our lowly ranked defense. You are a tool. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

Last time I checked NE's D is every bit as good as Houston's right now. Houston has lost 3/4 to end the year and lost to Indy.

The coaches telling Gronk to hide his arm and take caution doesn't mean Gronk has a broken arm, 7 weeks later, dummy. My god are you stupid or what?

I do have a clue and nail the gameplan every week. The gameplan will be the exact same. The fact is, Houston ain't coming into NE in the cold with Schaub and beating NE unless, somehow, Brady gets reckless.

The offense needs to be patient, because Houston can't match up.  Dobbins is out, Gronk and Branch back?  Just not a good match up for Houston and they know it regardless of Foster mouthing off as they eek by Cincy at home.

This means, Brady does not need to screw it up.

[/QUOTE]

This means the D needs to play better than a .912 DPR for once.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

Last time I checked NE's D is every bit as good as Houston's right now. Houston has lost 3/4 to end the year and lost to Indy.

The coaches telling Gronk to hide his arm and take caution doesn't mean Gronk has a broken arm, 7 weeks later, dummy. My god are you stupid or what?

I do have a clue and nail the gameplan every week. The gameplan will be the exact same. The fact is, Houston ain't coming into NE in the cold with Schaub and beating NE unless, somehow, Brady gets reckless.

The offense needs to be patient, because Houston can't match up.  Dobbins is out, Gronk and Branch back?  Just not a good match up for Houston and they know it regardless of Foster mouthing off as they eek by Cincy at home.

This means, Brady does not need to screw it up.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah the coaches told Gronk to run around the field holding his arm by his side...good one dumbo. Can you read? I didn't say his arm was still broken, I was noting how it is not fully healed and how you act like we are "the most healthy we've been in years". Our best weapon's arm was dangling by his side.

You nail the game plan every week? The only thing you nail is your Patrick Chung blow up doll. Lol!

Sections
Shortcuts