it's texans ... so start the process

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: it's texans ... so start the process

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No, actually it means our HOF QB should't be under-performing against inferior QBs again.

[/QUOTE]

No  it means the Pats D doesn't need to send any more rookie or poor QB's to Canton any more.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Call me crazy, but I don't think it will be close. Maybe closer than the first one, but still a very convincing win in the ballpark of 38-13.

On offense, I think we're better suited to play them with Gronkowski back. Seeing as Gronk didn't the first time around, Houston will be unfamiliar with playing against the best tight end in football. We won't be getting the big chunk-play touchdowns like we did last time against Houston, but we are more unstoppable.

On defense, Big Vince and our SEC linebackers continue to limit Arian Foster. With Matt Schaub really falling apart the past couple games, I think he continues that trend in Foxborough, commits crucial turnovers, and fails to lead his team to many points. Also, I doubt Schaub is a good cold-weather QB, so I think our homefield advantage will really mess him up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No, actually it means our HOF QB should't be under-performing against inferior QBs again.

[/QUOTE]

No  it means the Pats D doesn't need to send any more rookie or poor QB's to Canton any more.

[/QUOTE]

I would suggest our own doesn't lead us to 14 or 17 points in SBs. His 14 point effort featured multiple HOF caliber players on his D.  You lost this debate many months ago. I would suggest washing that 7-11 shirt for that shift tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

I would suggest you learn the game.

The D lost the game by limiting possessions, staying on the field 2/3rds of the game and gave the O  zero chance to win. 

NO NFL defense with a .912 DPR has ever won a super bowl. 

That means no Offense that had a defense with a .912 has ever won a super bowl!    EVER!

Live with it!  FACT, NOT FICTION, CRUSTY!!!!!

You lost this argument a year ago.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Houston defeated the Bengals "only" 19 - 13 and that is facing an offense QB'd by Dalton.  It was said in the post game yesterday, those open receivers Dalton couldn't hit are going to be like shooting ducks in a pond for Brady.  Also, Brady does not hold onto the ball long and when a receiver is open, zip goes the ball.  If Houston was leaving receivers open like that against the Bengals, how are they going to suddenly change their tune against the Pats and the Pats have a better running game.  Granted, we can't presume a similar performance against the Pats, but, trends are trends and that first game against the Pats may result in a lot of pressing by the Texans to prove that game was a fluke.  Texans couldn't dominate the Bengals at HOME and they expect to march into the cold of Foxboro and stop the Pats?  Not saying they may not, but, the Pats are a current 9.5 pt favorite for a reason.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rusty.. IMHO, BB is going to release the hounds in these playoffs since there is no tomorrow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would suggest our own doesn't lead us to 14 or 17 points in SBs. His 14 point effort featured multiple HOF caliber players on his D.  You lost this debate many months ago. I would suggest washing that 7-11 shirt for that shift tomorrow.

[/QUOTE]

I would suggest you learn the game.

The D lost the game by limiting possessions, staying on the field 2/3rds of the game and gave the O  zero chance to win. 

NO NFL defense with a .912 DPR has ever won a super bowl. 

That means no Offense that had a defense with a .912 has ever won a super bowl!    EVER!

Live with it!  FACT, NOT FICTION, CRUSTY!!!!!

You lost this argument a year ago.

[/QUOTE]

The rest of us go by points and facts.  14 points or 17 points led by Brady ain't cutting the mustard.

[/QUOTE]

It cracks me up - here we are 13 years into this Brady lead dynansty and it's just another day of Brady bashing for you. Go away.

A new day...same results for Rusty the tylenol salesman.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

The Texans won the right to be trounced by the Patriots next Sunday

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Dear SCummy,

No one is asking the young D (that's taken 5 years to rebuild) to play lights out.

Facts are if they merely played "AVERAGE" the O could have won the game.

Average D's get turn-overs, average D's get 3 & outs. average D's get off the field in about 2 1/2 minutes per possession (they nearly doubled it for cripes sake), average D's force Punts in the opposition's territory.  Average D's dont have a 90+ DPR.  Just change on of those failures and chances are, they win.  Just one!

The Pat's D did NONE of this.  That's not average, it's pizz poor!!!!

What I don't expect, because it's totally psycho to do so, is having an offense score a ton of points with 1/3rd of there NORMAL possessions missing, due to the poor performance of the D, IN BOTH SB losses

Did you just say the other day that the Ravens should play the Broncs, "the right way" by keeping Gomer off the field?

Funny how you can recognize that keeping Gomer off the field would benefit the Ravens but are totally  clueless about that very thing, hindering the Pats O.

You are a phoney and a fraud.. FACTS NOT FICTION!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dear SCummy,

No one is asking the young D (that's taken 5 years to rebuild) to play lights out.

Facts are if they merely played "AVERAGE" the O could have won the game.

Average D's get turn-overs, average D's get 3 & outs. average D's get off the field in about 2 1/2 minutes per possession (they nearly doubled it for cripes sake), average D's force Punts in the opposition's territory.  Average D's dont have a 90+ DPR.  Just change on of those failures and chances are, they win.  Just one!

The Pat's D did NONE of this.  That's not average, it's pizz poor!!!!

What I don't expect, because it's totally psycho to do so, is having an offense score a ton of points with 1/3rd of there NORMAL possessions missing, due to the poor performance of the D, IN BOTH SB losses

Did you just say the other day that the Ravens should play the Broncs, "the right way" by keeping Gomer off the field?

Funny how you can recognize that keeping Gomer off the field would benefit the Ravens but are totally  clueless about that very thing, hindering the Pats O.

You are a phoney and a fraud.. FACTS NOT FICTION!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, by running the ball, they can keep Gomer off the field.  Yeah. We didn't commit to a run in the SB, moron! We throw it around 45 times and saw our QB take a Safety and throw a god awful INT, mixed in with 3 and outs galore!

Start with the Hardy Boys books if you need to, dumb-dumb.

[/QUOTE]

They did not have 3 & outs galore as once again you cannot tell the truth.

Wonder why the jints had no 3 and outs?  All teams have 3 & outs unless you are playing the Pats's D.

All NFL teams throw more when they are trying to score with limited possessions and limited time on the field when their own defense has the ball for 2/3rds the game and are giving up scores on 75% of their possessions. 

The only time they DID score effectively was on TB's 16 for 16, two touchdown performance.

A NFL SB record, BTW, as was their 92 yard TD performance.

Did you expect TB to break that record 3 times in one game?  92 yard TD's are a record for a reason, because it's never happened before.  Too bad the gints never had to punt from their own side of the field, giving the Pat's O poor field position on nearly every possession....  Dope!

Do you really think the Pats should have sat on the ball while the D is busy giving up score after score in the second half?  Do you think they should have taken the ball away from TB on his 16/16 2 TD run?  Only someone extremely demented would make that claim.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Too early to start a Game Day Thread!

Mike ReissMike Reiss @MikeReiss

Here is http://Weather.com  link 2 long-term forecast. Current projection for high of 49 on Sunday. http://wxch.nl/UCSaZZ  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Too early to start a Game Day Thread!

Mike ReissMike Reiss @MikeReiss

Here is http://Weather.com  link 2 long-term forecast. Current projection for high of 49 on Sunday. http://wxch.nl/UCSaZZ  

[/QUOTE]

That's tailgating weather :)

However, I would NOT mind if suddenly at game-time the temperature dropped to 20 degrees and there was an outright blizzard.  That would be perfect.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

This was published on Saturday:

Texans fans were dismayed enough when defensive captain Brian Cushing was lost for the season in Week 5, but Houston’s linebacker ranks have only thinned further since. Darryl Sharpton hit the injured reserve list this week, and now it looks like Tim Dobbins is doubtful to suit up Sunday. Dobbins has a sub-par 6.4 Pass Rushing Productivity and gives up a reception every 8.3 coverage snaps, but he earns his paycheck with a 10.6 Run Stop Percentage that ranks 12th among all inside linebackers with as many snaps.

If Dobbins can’t suit up, the Texans will look to Barrett Ruud to take his place. A starter for six years in Tampa, Ruud has since become a journeyman who’s played sparingly for Houston this season. Ruud collected a -18.2 grade in nine games for the Tennessee Titans last year, the fourth-worst mark among inside linebackers. He missed 10 of his 68 tackle attempts and was regularly pummeled by blockers on the second level. BenJarvus Green-Ellis’ 15.9 Elusive Rating is one of the lowest in the league, but he could do more damage in the open field if Ruud is out there.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/04/next-man-up-wild-card-weekend/

So, the two questions are whether Ridley/Vereen can run behind Gronk (and the rest of the O-line is all good right now), and whether some inside linebacker TBA, either the still-injured one who is third on the depth chart or the fourth journeyman guy on the depth chart, can cover Gronk.

More news:  Texans' LB Cameron Collins made his NFL debut on Saturday after being signed from the practice squad a day earlier.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is there a website out there where I can get a new JJ Watt jesey for this Sundays game? Now don't hold back. You people are the gear wearing champs of the world. Too bad your last SB jersey is from what 10 years old now?

Any website would help. Thanks in advance!

[/QUOTE]
    This is a pretty good website for sporting gear that I regularly buy from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEI03oOE6is

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time to nut up and crush these fools like Conan.  

[/QUOTE]

And hear the lamentations of their women.

Nice!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to Jets' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is there a website out there where I can get a new JJ Watt jesey for this Sundays game? Now don't hold back. You people are the gear wearing champs of the world. Too bad your last SB jersey is from what 10 years old now?

Any website would help. Thanks in advance!

[/QUOTE]

Wait until next week.The Texans will be eliminated and the jersey will be half price.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Time to nut up and crush these fools like Conan.  

[/QUOTE]

And hear the lamentations of their women.

Nice!

[/QUOTE]

No more finesse, time to drop an axe on them... 8 years has been too long.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to jri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well if it's gear your looking for...

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha!  Great picture!