It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..

OK Gang..
    How is this game going to go on Sunday. I'm predicting more rust from both teams. Pats make it more difficult than it needs to be, but they win. A typical hard fought close AFC East division game.

Pats 24
    Jets 20

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

Re: It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..

In Response to It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..:
    [QUOTE]OK Gang.. How is this game going to go on Sunday. I'm predicting more rust from both teams. Pats make it more difficult than it needs to be, but they win. A typical hard fought close AFC East division game. Pats 24 Jets 20
    Posted by justme2[/QUOTE]

My crystal ball says Pats 24 Jests 17 with another 4th quarter comeback.  But lets make it with more time to spare this time.  Please?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

35-17 Pats....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Close game 27-24 Pats. I think we may struggle with Leon Washington running screens and getting out in the open. Also I think without Mayo we may struggle with Keller as well

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

28-27 due to the Jets missing an extra point attempt in the first quarter. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

I think it is another close one like the Bills game.

Patriots Win! 24-21

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Patriots 27 Jets 20

Brady doesn't throw a pick 6 this week and Kevin Faulk destroys the Jets again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Jets could very well win this game if Sanchez plays good. He does not even need to have a great game just a good one. After watching teh Bills games I am not very happy about the Pats right now. I think we could beat teh Jets but I also wouldnt be shocked if we lost. The Jets have a swagger that we do not have right now. Their team knows it, their fans know it, and their coach knows it. But my prediction will be the Pats win 21 to 13

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Killa you pathetic little fair-weather deuschebag.

I should have killed you when I had the chance . . .

ummmm . . .

Okay, so I never had the chance . . .

But the point is, the Pats are going to wreck Green New Jersey . . . bad.

To the tune of 42-10.

Write it down.

Call yourself a fan . . .

You should be ashamed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

From what I saw, Brady Moss and Welker worked the rust away. Defense held the other team to under 300 total yards and were pretty succesful against the run.

Patriots 34 Dirtbags 7!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..:
    [QUOTE]From what I saw, Brady Moss and Welker worked the rust away. Defense held the other team to under 300 total yards and were pretty succesful against the run. Patriots 34 Dirtbags 7!
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

What he said!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

PMike I picked the Pats to win and by the way saying that the Pats have a good chance for losing does not make me a fair weather fan. Fair Weather fans are the people who watch teh team and show up to games when we are winning and not when we are losing. The Pats could go 0-16 and I would watch every game so get off your high horse. I am not going to sit here and say I am not worried when I am. Do i think the Pats will smoke the Jets? Yes I do and I hope they do but do I think there is a chance that the jets shock some people and beat the pats yes i do think there is a chance for that. Clearly I think we have teh better team and I think we will smoke them but to sit here and say that after watching them barely beat a poor a ss team like the Bills I am not worried is fake and I am not fake. We should have droped 40 points on the Bills and we barely beat them so yes I am a LITTLE worried. But dont call me a fair weather fan Mike because that is not the case

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I think it'll be a close game until halftime. I think the Pats make some minor adjustments for the second half, as they're prone to do, and run away in the 3rd quarter. I think Sanchez will throw 2 interceptions and Brady will convert. I never look too much into one particular game but you still can't deny that Sanchez played well. Nonetheless, Belichick always toys with rookie QB's.

Once we go up by a good margin, we'll run them to death.

Part of the Bills game was rust, part of it was Brady's return overshadowing the game itself. I also think, to an extent, the Pats overlooked their opponent. You could sense some frustration when we weren't up by 3 touchdowns...

Lastly, all I see in every thread is SHEER PANIC that the Patriots are going to struggle if they play like they did on Monday night. That's the error in your logic, folks! The Pats NEVER play back-to-back poor games. And when I say poor, if you look at the numbers from Monday night, they weren't even that bad...

Anyway, Pats 35 Jets 17

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Oh my brother, am I calling you exactly that.

You are everything that a fair-weather fan is.

I'm going to turn my youngest son into a Packers' fan and and call him Tas, out of respect for you, you inveterate deusche. . . .

No.

Seriously.

I get that you think Green New Jersey can win.
    I know you think you''re being rational.
    You're a coach. How else could you be?

But you have to understand, we actual true Pats fans will always believe that we will beat Green New Jersey 42-10 (and we will), while you rational, half-@ssed, kind-of fans will wait for that beat down and then say, "I knew it all along," even though you and I both know you believe no such thing.

You believe what Leon believes.

Admit it.

You have fear.

You do not belong.

Mark Sanchez frightens you.

You make me sick.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from weeiweeiweei. Show weeiweeiweei's posts

Normally I would pick the Pats to win this game but times are not normal. I think the first few weeks of the season is an adjustment for all the top teams. Historically week #2 provides the most upsets on this week. The Montana 49ers played twice against teams that finished last that season and lost.

The rivalry is big but the Pats defense without Mayo and the vets who are departed will be fine eventually but give them time. I see Tom Terrific being more than sore, it will take a few games to get the oil draining into the veins consistantly

Jets 35
    Pats 31

Home team wins this game!

But I will be very happy if the Pats win.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rf24fox. Show rf24fox's posts

Life long Pats fan here, but I really liked what I saw from the Jets last week.

20-17 Jets

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

In Response to Re: It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..:
    [QUOTE]Oh my brother, am I calling exactly that. You are everything that a fair-weather fan is. I'm going to turn my youngest son into a Packers' fan and and call him Tas, out of respect for you, you inveterate deusche. . . . No. Seriously. I get that you think Green New Jersey can win. I know you think you''re being rational. You're a coach. How else could you be? But you have to understand, we actual true Pats fans will always believe that we will beat Green New Jersey 42-10 (and we will), while you rational, half-@ssed, kind-of fans will wait for that beat down and then say, "I knew it all along," even though you and I both know you believe no such thing. You believe what Leon believes. Admit it. You have fear. You do not belong. Mark Sanchez frightens you. You make me sick.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Jets 23 Patriots 13.  Leon Washington rushes for 150 against this pi55 poor defense and Sanchez throws for close to 200.  Brady puts the ball up 40 times because the run game is dead with old man Taylor and often injured Maroney hitting a green wall.  Brady is sacked 5 times with 2 interceptions.  Moss is a non factor with Revis covering him like an old blanket.  Welker gets his customary 2 yard passes until Scott lights him up crossing the middle and he leaves with an  injury.  Thank the Bills McElvin that you won't be starting the season 0-2.     

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dboss. Show dboss's posts

I think NE wins by a field goal.

On defense they must stop the the Jets from running the ball and Force them into passing situations where the inexperience of Sanchez could favor a defense that like to disguise and confuse their opponents.

The Jets defense is going to do everything they can to rush Brady.  Timely screens, draws and short passing plays will loosne up that defense for our vertical attack. 

I look for NE to come out with an attitude because (1) they were lackluster against the bills and (2) They must defend the honor of their coach. 

In another post i referred to this as the "Kiss The Ring Game"  I still do not understand why other teams talk smack.  Everytime that happens NE usually responds in a stellar way

That should make for interesting play in what should be a brutal hard hitting game.

I look to see better positioning by our defense and more pressure rushing the passer.  Expect several blitz packages to be unleased in an attempt to welcome Mr. Sanchez to the NFL.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 19andNo. Show 19andNo's posts

[QUOTE]I think NE wins by a field goal. On defense they must stop the the Jets from running the ball and Force them into passing situations where the inexperience of Sanchez could favor a defense that like to disguise and confuse their opponents. The Jets defense is going to do everything they can to rush Brady.  Timely screens, draws and short passing plays will loosne up that defense for our vertical attack.  I look for NE to come out with an attitude because (1) they were lackluster against the bills and (2) They must defend the honor of their coach.  In another post i referred to this as the "Kiss The Ring Game"  I still do not understand why other teams talk smack.  Everytime that happens NE usually responds in a stellar way That should make for interesting play in what should be a brutal hard hitting game. I look to see better positioning by our defense and more pressure rushing the passer.  Expect several blitz packages to be unleased in an attempt to welcome Mr. Sanchez to the NFL.
    Posted by dboss[/QUOTE]

That's funny.  Who you bringing in to do the blitzing against Sanchez.  Wilfork?  You seem to forget you need the players to blitz and right now the Patriots have nobody.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You hurt my feelings PMike! Seriously I get what you are saying and no i wouldnt say I knew it all along. I am just trying to look at things in a smart way thats all I dont want to over look anyone. If we win i will say boy am i glad I was wrong to worry. I am not a D bag Mike I wouldnt claim to "have known all along" I try to be fair. Sanchez if you remember was someone I was semi high on him coming out of the draft clearly I want to think he will be a bust but I am just not one of those fans who says that too early when i know he is a bust I will call him a bust anything else is just fandome. Sorry I dissapoint you by trying to stay level headed but thats what I do. Everyone thought the Pats would drop 40 plus on teh Bills and we didnt so it worried me a bit. If you want to bash me for it then I guess thats what you will do but that kind of s ucks that you are lumping me in with a bunch of pink hats cause i am not saying exactly what you want me to say.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, Tas, your last post contained the phrase "I was semi-high," which we all know is true, so you are forgiven.

But know this:

When the Pats ultimately do trounce Green New Jersey 42-10 I will be merciless in my decimation of all those who scoffed when I said . . .

ummmm. . . .

what did I say?

Oh yeah . . .

That it would be 42-10.

So . . ..

you know . . .

consider yourself . . .

like . . .

you know . . .

warned.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

HaHaHa ok I am warned then. If we beat them 42-10 I will be more then happy to say I was wrong. More then happy lol.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

I HOPE I AM WRONG but I think the Jets are a little further ahead of the Pats right now. 

Their defense is down right nasty, they're playing with a lot of swagger, and being at home will have the advantage.

GULP!  Jets 27 - Pats 20

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE]HaHaHa ok I am warned then. If we beat them 42-10 I will be more then happy to say I was wrong. More then happy lol.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I havenot yet decided what to make of the fact that you sit here, posting this nonsense with us, while you have yet to tell us how your ephemeral (I dare you to ask me what that means) fiancee' fared in her untimely battle with what we were led to believe was appendicitus (surely I have misspelled that).

You couldn't possibly be this insenstive.

Unless you were a closet Jests fan.

Or maybe it's none of our business . . ..

you know . . ..

ummmmm . . ..

whichever.