It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r. Show Hammah29r's posts

Re: It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..

In Response to It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..:
    OK Gang.. How is this game going to go on Sunday. I'm predicting more rust from both teams. Pats make it more difficult than it needs to be, but they win. A typical hard fought close AFC East division game. Pats 24 Jets 20
    Posted by justme2

PATS 31
    Jets  10

Brady and his weapons will be too much for leon's buttcheeks.
    after the game the jets coach comes out to the middle of the field, takes a knee and proceeds to kiss Bills ring! Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

I think the defense learns from their mistakes from week 1 and and buckle down harder on the ny pets. I see a few screens and a few runs getting past us, but not to many if any deep plays.

Pats by a 100

but seriously though.. 31 - 21 Pats

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Pats defer--Pats blitz and hurry sanchez--3 and out. Brady no huddle-- dink  dunk and run, wear the defense down on the first possession use up a lot of time. Keep the rookie on the bench getting antsy. Brady to randy---TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Pats 24-Jets-13

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RiceintheHall. Show RiceintheHall's posts

Jets 31 Pats 17.   I don't have allot of faith in our D.  I think the Jets time has come.  They have a punishing defense and a QB who looks like the real deal.   The Pats D looks disorganized and were pushed around pretty good by a aweful, truely aweful Buffalo Bills team.    Jets have a very good O-line to boot.  I think this one is going to be ugly. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

PMike, I am here posting cause I am at work today. I was home with her yesterday making sure she was all set and I didnt check this web site once, i didnt even know about Mayo's knee till this mornings drive to work. But here at work I am posting when i have down time. But thanks for assuming I would be such a D bag lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

who knows? we'll find out how this game goes sunday at 1 o'clock PM

GO PATS!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonJetsLeon. Show leonJetsLeon's posts

Jets in a laugher!

28 to 3 for the boys from New York!Shortly there after the NE faithless will be questioning BB and wondering just who is the pats backup QB??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to Re: It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..:
    I HOPE I AM WRONG but I think the Jets are a little further ahead of the Pats right now.  Their defense is down right nasty, they're playing with a lot of swagger, and being at home will have the advantage. GULP!  Jets 27 - Pats 20
    Posted by deluxbury

The Jets D was nasty and swaggered against the Texans. The Texans are a decent team. the Patriots are a lot better. I have tremendous respect for Ryan's defensive schemes, but he does not have Baltimore's defensive personnel to execute them. The Jets defense is good, but not great.
    I do not see the Jets having the same success against Brady, et al. By the third quarter, the swagger may well be gone, too. The Pats rolled up over 400 yards last week and Moss/Welker had 24 catches between them. The Patriots left a lot of points on the field by not finishing successful drives. The only time the Bills really made a great stop was Schobel's terrific athletic interception on the attempted screen.
    Close in the first half, pull away in the second. Pats 31-17.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots74. Show Patriots74's posts

Yeah Pats will win, but it will be close. I have a feeling the offense will be a little tighter than last game but the D remain full of holes. 24-21

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NE-decade-of-my-dreams. Show NE-decade-of-my-dreams's posts

I forsee a very high scoring shootout.

Pats-42
    Jets-31

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

The Jets and their fans have spent too much time planning their Super Bowl parade and Marc Sanchez' Hall of Fame induction speech to worry about preparing for the Patriots because they beat a team that has never had a winning season:

Pats 35
    Jets 14

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The Jets fans are known for jumping the gun.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonJetsLeon. Show leonJetsLeon's posts

You all seem very defensive this fine eveing.Deep down you are questioning everything BB is doing?

By sqeaking a win out against the Bills, where Luck was a major factor,you will keep your thoughts to yourself this week but come next week you will all be questioning everything the pats do or don't do.The polar opposites of New York fans.

Prediction-Brady gets knocked out for the year and (fill in the blank)comes in throws 3 int's for TD's.Not to be redundant but the Jets in a laugher 28 to 3  Maybe even 40 points or more for the Jets.BTW-The Jets are Leons Lock of the week!Last week I had the Jets also for a dime!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

I predict Leon bugboy will get get some actioin from the family dog tonight

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..:
    I HOPE I AM WRONG but I think the Jets are a little further ahead of the Pats right now.  Their defense is down right nasty, they're playing with a lot of swagger, and being at home will have the advantage. GULP!  Jets 27 - Pats 20
    Posted by deluxbury

They beat the Pats 1st game last season and it got them where?

NY JETS 40 YEARS AND COUNTING!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

Jets 31 Patriots 27

Fifteen receptions for Dustin Kellar plus 200 yards rushing for Jets.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatrickMcFinn69. Show PatrickMcFinn69's posts

I predict Leon bugboy will get get some actioin from the family dog tonight
    Posted by Evil2009

LOL,LOL,LOL!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Patriots - 24   A-holes - 20

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

35 Pats,19 Jets.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Leon, can you tell us some stories?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Year in and year out the Jets always come out for this game with the thought this is the game they are going to dominate and win.  Plus, there were a few years in which many thought just so.  Remember last year and Cassel's first start?  There was a lot of talk about the Jets pressure and blowing him away. We know the result.

The Jets looked real good their first game and the Pats looked rusty except for that final 5 minutes and change.  That, IMHO, is the key.  As a result, too many are thinking the Pats aren't as good as advertised.  Well, The Pats O woke up and this game will not look like the Bills game.  Pats will win, comfortably covering the spread and then some.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The score of the game will be determined by what Patriots offense comes to play. If we get the 1-3 quarter version the game will be 21-17 Pats. 

If we get the '07 version I'll go 34-17. The Jets can't out duel us in a shootout. We just have to stop the run. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Pats 38
    Jets 14

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbeAnderson. Show BobbeAnderson's posts

The Pats will win, but the Jet won't lay down and let it happen.  We will have to work for every point.  The final score will be 27 - 21.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chaucer. Show chaucer's posts

In 2007 the teams that played the Patriots tough and could have, perhaps should have won were Baltimore and Philadelphia.  Then the Giants managed to win the super bowl obviously.  All three used the same formula on defense and that is exactly what the Jets are now doing under Ryan.  The Pats may have enough to win with Brady but the O line will need to play much better, the backs will have to block well and run better, and Galloway will have to take some pressure off of Moss and Welker.  That may be asking too much.  The defense is simply not experienced enough in BB's schemes to make life too difficult for Sanchez to read.  Still, I like the Patriots to win but I am realistic to the point that the Jets could play well enough to win.  They are better than Buffalo and more disciplined.  They had a good team last year and are better this year.  They did beat the Patriots in New England last year.  It is not disloyal to the team to recognize that the Patriots will have their hands full with this talented and highly motivated team

Sections
Shortcuts