It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaacee. Show jaacee's posts

Re: It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..

BB must be getting old. He is beginning to forget things- like signing a backup QB in case Brady can't go. Hoyer is no backup, just a trainee. He also forgot to replace Vrabel and Bruschi. With Mayo out and Guyton looking completely lost vs Buffalo, both against the run, and the pass. Fortunately, Ninkovich(who??) arrived from out of the blue, that leaves Thomas, Banta Cain, Woods, and Alexander. What happened? He passed of many LBs in the draft, and free agency. Again, like last year , the LB position is hurting. All those draft choices----. The D line also appears to be "lacking" a pass rush just like last year. I was so disturbed watching the Buffalo game, turned it off when they were down 10( or 11?). Ok, it's game #1 , supposed to be an easy one. If its a measuring stick, my predicted Win-loss record was a conservative 10-6, initially, But now, suspecting BB is in a stupor, whatever, and will make liittle or no improved ersonnel changes, I have ammended my predictions, to 6-10. No longer, "in Bill we trust". Nothing lasts forever!!!!    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlm140. Show rlm140's posts

JETS 35 - PATS 17
    RYAN's Defense kills the PATS aand Sanchez BURNS the PATS linebackers and secondary.
    I am not happy about this but based on performances to date - It is what it is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Pats 20, Jets 17

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..:
    [QUOTE]Oh my brother, am I calling you exactly that. You are everything that a fair-weather fan is. I'm going to turn my youngest son into a Packers' fan and and call him Tas, out of respect for you, you inveterate deusche. . . . No. Seriously. I get that you think Green New Jersey can win. I know you think you''re being rational. You're a coach. How else could you be? But you have to understand, we actual true Pats fans will always believe that we will beat Green New Jersey 42-10 (and we will), while you rational, half-@ssed, kind-of fans will wait for that beat down and then say, "I knew it all along," even though you and I both know you believe no such thing. You believe what Leon believes. Admit it. You have fear. You do not belong. Mark Sanchez frightens you. You make me sick.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

What a stupid, rambling post. You on drugs? Maybe need to get a job?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: It's that time. Pats / Jets predictions and prognostications..:
    [QUOTE]Jets 31 Patriots 27 Fifteen receptions for Dustin Kellar plus 200 yards rushing for Jets.
    Posted by JimKe[/QUOTE]

15 receptions in how many games?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

Hey guys.... this is going to be a low scoring game. The defense had better come to play. Fat Rex and the boys are not going to give up 35 points.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 671Chay. Show 671Chay's posts

Pats 38... Jets-10

Jets are providing more bulletin board materials.

Can't wait for Sunday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

The Pats D did OK, I thought, against the Bills hurry-up.  It wasn't until the second half that they were gassed and giving up points.  Still, they gave up just 17.  Not great, but not as bad as some would make it seem, especially with this offense to offset the 17 points.  And the DBs were hitting in a way I have not seen since 2003/2004.

My big concern is the O-line.  They are letting Brady take a beating again. The runing backs had no holes. Light is getting burned by edge-rushers.  Ryan is going for blood and I worry that Brady could get injured.  Watch for BB to work on this next draft.

Living in Illinois, I did not see the Jets game.  But I watched five games this week and all ten teams looked very rusty, same as usual.  The Pats being rusty was no surprise.

As for discounting the Bills, remember that they are usually a tough team in September. They made a good showing last year, the year before, etc.   It is latter in the season that they sputter. They have great special teams and some offensive weapons.  They made some good plays on the D, too.  I think they are better than many would believe.

I expect the Jets to try a hurry-up, if Sachez is smart enough to run it.  I expect a lot of teams to try the hurry-up against the Pats, until it seems ineffective. 

This game could go either way.  Not seeing anything but highlights on the Jets, I am expecting the Pats to struggle, but win.  The O should be clicking and the D out for blood because of all the Jets' talk.  

Pats 31, Jets 23. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Tough call - The Jets looked good week one, especially on Defense. Sanchez did not play like a rookie; he looked pretty poised. However, the Pats were able to move the ball on Monday (scoring not withstanding), and in the closing moments, Brady looked like he crossed the threshold. The OL came together for the Pats as the game went on as well.

However, in the end, I like Brady and the Pats O over the Jets D more than Sanchez and the Jets O over the Pats D. Coaching and special team advantage goes to the Pats. I think it will be an intense game. Hopefully injuries will not continue to mount for the Pats D...

Pats 23, Jets 19

Sections
Shortcuts