It's the bye week

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wilforkfitinham. Show Wilforkfitinham's posts

Re: It's the bye week

The secondary would have better luck bringing in Troy Brown and Ty Law. Seriously they have no idea how to play zone. These kids just look confused out there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

It's the bye week

My theory on why the Pats played so poorly on Sunday is that the bye week hurt us more than it helped. Specifically on defense, I think the days off sort of ruined the momentum we had after beating the Jets and Cowboys.

Looks like the new CBA rule requiring 4 straight days off during the bye has affected a lot of teams. Teams off coming off a bye were 3-9 before this weekend. Granted, they were 5-1 this week so not trying to make excuses for the Pats but most of them teams had easy opponents.

You could see that the execution on offense was bad. On defense, it was a joke. It doesn't make sense to me how we can look so bad after 2 actual weeks of preparation when we look great after just 1. So unless the Pats play poorly again next week, I'm blaming this on the bye. Thoughts?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhblue. Show unhblue's posts

BB and his coaching staff use the bye week to do self-scouting on themselves. 

Obviously Pittsburgh did a much better job reviewing Patriots' game film than Belichick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from phsmith8. Show phsmith8's posts

Gronk was still flying high from that Bibi bang

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In Response to Re: It's the bye week:
    [QUOTE]BB and his coaching staff use the bye week to do self-scouting on themselves.  Obviously Pittsburgh did a much better job reviewing Patriots' game film than Belichick.
    Posted by unhblue[/QUOTE]

To be fair, I didn't think there was anything wrong with the gameplan. Belichick can tell the players what to do, but they obviously didn't do it. Or maybe both were bad, and I just noticed the worse of the two.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from unhblue. Show unhblue's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's the bye week : To be fair, I didn't think there was anything wrong with the gameplan. Belichick can tell the players what to do, but they obviously didn't do it. Or maybe both were bad, and I just noticed the worse of the two.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with the game plan?

Heath Miller starts the game with 5 or 6 consecutive receptions, left wide open and nothing is wrong with the game-plan?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's the bye week : Nothing wrong with the game plan? Heath Miller starts the game with 5 or 6 consecutive receptions, left wide open and nothing is wrong with the game-plan?
    Posted by unhblue[/QUOTE]

Making Heath Miller beat us is considered a good gameplan. Letting Mike Wallace score 50-yard TD's is a bad one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

What good did it do to stop Wallace from beating us deep when the game plan was to beat us underneath and control the game clock?

Sections
Shortcuts