Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week?

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week?:
    The point here is simple...all the commentators keep saying "Manning figured out Belichick" after 2004...no, the rules change made the game tilted in Manning's favor. Period. It's not a coincidence. The Polian rules change for illegal contact has increased scoring for the entire league; but it most influenced Manning as his most gifted ability - timing throws, was maximized. So it's not just the penalties; it's the rules change that is at the heart of the swing from advantage Pats to advantage Colts the past few years.
    Posted by PSRyan

Absolutely. Polian assumed his presence as Chairman of the Competition Committee, got his votes and then met with the officals over lunch and tea.

I believe it was after 2003, actually.

That's why when Gomer looked WORSE in the 2004 playoffs in Foxborough, it was so hilarious.

The bottome line is, the Colts get privileges for Gomer and they play in a dome.

When they are outside the dome, they are a totally different team.

NE is not happy about also being controlled to play FOUR STRAIGHT games in Indy and being absolutely jobbed on 2 of them, most recently last year on the 4th and 2.

Expect a physical and angry team ready to exact revenge.  So tired of hearing how great the Colts are over and over when they barely eek by NE at home under mysterious circumstances.

I don't recall any funny business with calls in NE when Indy comes here. Ever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MonsterFan. Show MonsterFan's posts

Man I am tired of this 4th and 2 call. 

By writing "probably" it shows you know the truth.  That was a bogus spot.  Belichick made the right call for the simple reason that this photo doesn't lie.  He got the first down.  Are we to believe the moon is purple because someone says so? If I was a Colts fan I'd be embarrassed for thinking they won this game.  I can see very clearly that the ball is over the line.  Colts fans, just say thanks for the game - it was a gift.  It happens.  But all the talk about Bill making the wrong call is crud!  FIRST DOWN. END OF GAME.  GO HOME! 

I love the chips on your shoulders!  That's what makes these wins against the Pats so enjoyable.  I almost hope there will be some blatantly wrong calls so I can hear y'all blame the refs again .  Last year's 4th and 2 spot was perfect, because it was probably a correct call, but it was close enough that I got to hear the whiners in full force!  Very fun.
    Posted by JulesWinfield

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Sam - Should the pats win, I will not be saying if the colts were healthy they would have won, that's what people who whine about injuries do.  I will say the pats won straight up. 

that said, lets not discount the clear advantage the pats have because of the colts injuries.  agreed? 

Now, lets talk about this "good old fashioned trip to the wood shed Sunday. Straight up, smash mouth, up the gut tough physical home cooking" you describe. 

What makes you think that is going to happen?  If you say the colts are too thin at too many key positions, I'll grant you that is a factor, but what else beyond that makes you believe this?  Very interested in your serious assessment

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Hmmmm.  Didn't Peyton an the Colts win 27-20 in their last trip to Foxborough?  Must be my imagination.  Sam - if the Pats take the Colts to the woodshed this weekend I will come here and give the Pats their well-deserved pat on the back.  No crapping of the pants, especially on Peyton's part.  The #30 pass defense in the league rarely makes QBs crap their pants.  I could see the Colts' D being a little nervous - TB and your O were awfully good last week...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

By writing "probably " it shows you know the truth.  That was a bogus spot.  Belichick made the right call for the simple reason that this photo doesn't lie.  He got the firtst down.  Are we to believe the moon is purple because someones says so?  I can see very clearly that the ball is over the line.  FIRST DOWN. END OF GAME.  GO HOME! In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? :
    Posted by MonsterFan

Nice work. I usually post the video expecting the turds to look at it, but this is way more effective.

I might add this into every single reply to these Colts drips every time I respond to them.

I'd be flat out embarrassed beating my chest winning a game on an absolute incorrect call. But, Colts fans seem to think this has no bearing on who won or  lost last year.

They just totally discount this and act like it didn't matter as well as the "faceguarding" call in the 2006 AFC title game.

I'd feel a little weird knowing my only SB appearance with a win is tied directly to a rule that does not exist whatsoever in the NFL.

98.5 just had an Indy Star writer on there saying "the call blew up in his face".

Umm, no, sir, the official, who could not even see the ball made the incorrect call.

What's disturbing about this call is this:

1.  The side judge shouldn't have raced in pretending he saw final possession when he didn't.  He should have asked for help.   You can actually see the umpire looking at him almost saying "are you sure"?

2. The replay clearly shows he had final possession, worst case at the 30, because his left leg is on the 30 yard line.  The idiots who claim the camera angle isn't straight are priceless.  Let's all lie and pretend the yardage lines and hash marks just disappeared off the field while we look. Hilarious. 

3.  Where he finally spots the ball means the side judge thought Faulk had final possession and progression at the 29 yard line.

Totally botched call. Period.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

By writing "probably " it shows you know the truth.  That was a bogus spot.  Belichick made the right call for the simple reason that this photo doesn't lie.  He got the firtst down.  Are we to believe the moon is purple because someones says so?  I can see very clearly that the ball is over the line.  FIRST DOWN. END OF GAME.  GO HOME! In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? :
    Posted by MonsterFan

Monster - GREAT PICTURE!!

Looks like that camera might be at about the 20 yard line - not at the line of scrimmage or the first down marker, so its really not a great angle for making a call.  Did you know that if you tilted a watch sideways a bit, the angle may make you think the time is different than it actually is?  Get the picture?

Further - you do realize that the red line is the line of scrimmage and not the first down marker, right?  I mean, I can't tell from the picture whether or not he got the first down, can you?  And I think the refs are in a perfect spot to make the call.  

The great thing about the NFL today is that a coach has the ability a challenge a call just like this.  huh?  What do you mean Belichick didn't have a challenge available?  He was out of time outs?  What kind of crappy game management is that? 

skerewed?  I think not.  Unless you mean skerewed themselves. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Sam - Should the pats win, I will not be saying if the colts were healthy they would have won, that's what people who whine about injuries do.  I will say the pats won straight up.  that said, lets not discount the clear advantage the pats have because of the colts injuries.  agreed?  Now, lets talk about this "good old fashioned trip to the wood shed Sunday. Straight up, smash mouth, up the gut tough physical home cooking" you describe.  What makes you think that is going to happen?  If you say the colts are too thin at too many key positions, I'll grant you that is a factor, but what else beyond that makes you believe this?  Very interested in your serious assessment
    Posted by Indylove

No.  Absolutely not.

You beat your chest over Earthwind Moreland victories, ignore the 2006 title game bag job with faceguarding and last year's 4th and 2.

You are as dishonest a tooly little troll as it gets here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Oh, I think we realize how fortunate we are.  The lack of penalties are the hallmark of a well-coached team.
    Posted by JulesWinfield

No, they are the hallmark of Bill Polian.

Even Polian's kid looks like a horrendous doosch nozzle:

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Man I am tired of this 4th and 2 call.  By writing "probably " it shows you know the truth.  That was a bogus spot.  Belichick made the right call for the simple reason that this photo doesn't lie.  He got the first down.  Are we to believe the moon is purple because someone says so? If I was a Colts fan I'd be embarrassed for thinking they won this game.  I can see very clearly that the ball is over the line.  Colts fans, just say thanks for the game - it was a gift.  It happens.  But all the talk about Bill making the wrong call is crud!  FIRST DOWN. END OF GAME.  GO HOME!  In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? :
    Posted by MonsterFan

Yawn.  That photo doesn't show you the double-clutch, which anyone who watched the front-on view saw.  His foot is right at the 30 when he finally gets control, and since he's coming back for the ball it stands to reason the ball would be behind the 30.  At least I have the cajones to say that the exact spot can't be determined and that he either made it or missed it by 6".  Those of you who say the picture (lol) or even the video clearly show anything are absolute homers.  But they certainly seem to have made the correct call...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Yawn.  That photo doesn't show you the double-clutch, which anyone who watched the front-on view saw.  His foot is right at the 30 when he finally gets control, and since he's coming back for the ball it stands to reason the ball would be behind the 30.  At least I have the cajones to say that the exact spot can't be determined and that he either made it or missed it by 6".  Those of you who say the picture (lol) or even the video clearly show anything are absolute homers.  But they certainly seem to have made the correct call...
    Posted by JulesWinfield

He has final possession in that photo, dummy. Christ, you are the worst bunch of liars or you are really, really stupid. And arrogant.

Either way, they are all really bad characteristics of a human.

You idiots take the cake for NFL fans.  You really do.  There are people who HATE the Pats who say they got hosed on that call.

Look at the umpire in the middle of the field standing right there with a perfect view of the play.  I mean, you just can't make this stuff up.

lmao

The reality is, the officiating crews are instructed to give any close call in favor of Indy.

Or they just concoct calls like in the 2006 AFC title game.

I bet you think "faceguarding" exists, don't you?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i reall dont know julia well so I will leave her out... but udg5 seems very sensitive this week....  so be a little..... extra ....naaaah...

hammer him as usual ....hahahahahaha... right back at ya gomerlust

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : He has final possession in that photo, dummy. Christ, you are the worst bunch of liars or you are really, really stupid. And arrogant. Either way, they are all really bad characteristics of a human. You idiots take the cake for NFL fans.  You really do.  There are people who HATE the Pats who say they got hosed on that call. Look at the umpire in the middle of the field standing right there with a perfect view of the play.  I mean, you just can't make this stuff up. lmao The reality is, the officiating crews are instructed to give any close call in favor of Indy. Or they just concoct calls like in the 2006 AFC title game. I bet you think "faceguarding" exists, don't you?
    Posted by BBReigns

Actually, I'm not stupid.  I have advanced degrees...and I seriously doubt you have a high school diploma.  It's also poor salesmanship to mention that the ref has a perfect view, since the no replay or still photo shows clearly where the spot should be.  All you're left with is your lame conspiracy theory.  BTW, that does seem to be about where he was when he got final possession - do you have the spacial awareness to realize the ball is at best even with where his feet are and, more likely, behind where his feet are?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Sam - in response. 

1.  Mankins is a big help to the pats.  I could not believe how much time Brady had against pittsburgh, but that can't be all because of Mankins.  Freeney and Mathis will get pressure, the questions are how much and will it be enough? 

2.  I don't know if the Brady/Branch chemistry is impossible to defend.  If it is, why even worry about a running game, then?  Why not just keep taking 4-5 yards at a time? 

3.  The colts D is not great against the run, you are correct, and the pats have had success running against the colts over the last decade, but that success has not translated into wins in the last 5 years. 

4.  I love emotion as a reason for success.  I wonder if Belichick and Brady didn't care in 09 or 06 or 05. 

Here's what I believe - The pats clear advantage isn't on their offensive side of the ball eventhough it appears the colts will be missing 2 starting LB's and are on their 4th SS (who isn't even a strong safety). 

I believe the clear advantage is on the other side of the ball.  As young and green as the pats D is, they are well coached and coming on.  Injuries to Indy's two best RBs, two best TEs (yes - Tamme is hurt), Collie, and White limit what Manning will be able to do.  Additionally, Garcon has been awful this year and the Oline may be the worst Manning has had.  The young pats D should be salivating over the possibilities.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : He has final possession in that photo, Posted by BBReigns

What a crock.  How in the world from a still shot would you know whether or Faulk has final possession?  You are joke. 

Rusty - why didn't belichick challenge the spot?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

No, you don't, "Jules".  You have a GED and a degree from the University of Phoenix, at best. 

Trust me when I tell you I am more intelligent than you'll ever hope to be.  I have seen the way you write and try to articulate, and it's not pretty.

You're a little girl who moved to Kentucky, you wear a pink hat and bandwagoned yourself into Gomerland very recently.

Next, no one is buying your spin work here.  You don't even make sense either.

I have never seen anyone try to manipulate a still photo the way you are trying to do right now.

This isn't a subjective topic, like a piece of artwork.

That's a still photo with it showing final possession, where the possession is, where the two officials are who have the best views (the umpire clearly has a clean shot), and it shows why the official is wrong.

The fact you are making this a debate is hilarious to anyone reading this.

They missed the call on the field and the play needed to be reviewed and over-turned.

Any close call under 2 minutes needs to be reviewed. That's another sketchy factor.

Why wasn't that play reviewed?  Any reviewable play under is automatically reviewed under 2 minutes, except this one wasn't.

Really interesting, isn't it?

Funny how when the Colts need a break against the Pats, they always seem to get it and it only happens in Indy. Hmmm.

2006 - AFC Title game faceguarding alongside a very iffy PI call on Troy Brown before half., Gee, I wish NE could  have gotten that call in SB 42 when Steve Smith picked Brandon Merriweather.  Also, Reche Caldwell was flat out mugged in the corner of the end zone by Kelvin Hayden.  That's a lot of iffy or flat out blown calls agaisnt one team, isn't it?  Hmm.

2007 - 147 yards in penalties against NE.   This remains the most penalty yards ever against a BB coached team and it just so happened to come during an undefeated sesson.

2008 -  Matt Cassel and No Brady, only winning 18-15 at home. lmao

2009 - Phantom PI call on Butler down by 13 points late in the game and the 4th and 2.

These are the games that Indy has played against NE, with only NE winning in 2007, but only after 147 yards in penalties.  Polian tried!  Oh, did he try.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : What a crock.  How in the world from a still shot would you know whether or Faulk has final possession?  You are joke.  Rusty - why didn't belichick challenge the spot?
    Posted by Indylove

Match up to the video, then.  That's a freeze shot from the video itself, obviously.

I know the video.

You don't want to watch it, and we all know why.

Pause this at :03.   Watch it over and over until you come up with a new spin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OK3pa51v-Q&feature=related

He knocks the high throw down, which is also known as a tap in this case, knowing he'll get drilled, which was a very smart move, actually.

He then uses his chest for stability and the ball never, ever moved past that point.

He had it the whole way.

The reason why no Jets fan, Steelers fan or our Giants fan has chimed in here to agree with you and your toadwart little Gomerlust buddy is because they agree the Pats got jobbed there.

Check out the phantom PI call on Butler here. Absolutely not debatable.  I'd laugh because of how the flag comes out of the picture, but it's just so sad INdy has to do this to win against NE.

Scroll to 30 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9bJSkr5zo

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

They missed the call on the field and the play needed to be reviewed and over-turned. Any close call under 2 minutes needs to be reviewed. That's another sketchy factor. Why wasn't that play reviewed?  Any reviewable play under is automatically reviewed under 2 minutes, except this one wasn't. Really interesting, isn't it?
    Posted by BBReigns

LOL - you will lie about anything.  Why wasn't the play reviewed is a very very good question.  I'll tell you why - because the pats WASTED all of their timeouts.  They used their last one before their failed play.  That's why.  The play wasn't reviewed by the booth because it occurred outside of the final 2 minutes, so the responsibility was on the team.  Get your facts straight, tool.

3rd and 2 at NE 28(Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to W.Welker (J.Powers).  
     Timeout #3 by NE at 02:08.  
    4th and 2 at NE 28(Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to K.Faulk to NE 29 for 1 yard (M.Bullitt).  
    DRIVE TOTALS: NE 34, IND 28, 4 plays, 9 yards, 0:23 elapsed
    Indianapolis Colts at 2:00

06 - Gift Gaffney TD.  No way both feet come down in bounds (if you want to play the "we were skerewed because I speculate the call was bad" game, I can do that too. 

07 - So are you saying the penalties were bogus or just that it was the most they had had. 

08 - who won? 

09 - No hold on the 70 yd Welker return. 

See how this works - If I concentrate on making excuses, I can come up with the same valid points.  Imagine that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Ok, that's right. The play went off before the 2:00 minute warning.  That was just mroe sheer luck for Indy there, but the other calls I am referencing are in no way questionable.

Holding? The NFL doesn't call holding and we all know that. They could call it on every play, technically.

I am pretty sure being tackled in the end zone when the ball is in the air and not looking back for the ball is textbook PI, 

Or, made up calls or phantom PI calls when players aren't touched when the Colts are LOSING or LOSING BADLY ONLY AT HOME.

You reference some random potential holding call and pretend you'll walk into the courtroom with a strong case.

Laughable.

And no, you cannot play the "we got screwed" game because your team was handed TDs. 

Not just a questionable call here or there, but MULTIPLE TDs or had calls go against NE that resulted in ZERO poinits which would have been at minimum 3 points (Troy Brown phantom offensive PI before half in 2006).

These are all points that swing in FAVOR of Indy. This isn't "holding" on the 45 yard line. These are goal line situations.

Hmmmm.

You have no case here.

Faceguarding does not exist in the NFL.  Name me one penalty Indy was called for where the rule shouldn't have been applied.

You can't do this because it doesn't exist.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Actually, I'm not stupid.  I have advanced degrees...and I seriously doubt you have a high school diploma.  It's also poor salesmanship to mention that the ref has a perfect view, since the no replay or still photo shows clearly where the spot should be.  All you're left with is your lame conspiracy theory.  BTW, that does seem to be about where he was when he got final possession - do you have the spacial awareness to realize the ball is at best even with where his feet are and, more likely, behind where his feet are?
    Posted by JulesWinfield

they teach advanced degrees in gomerism??  prove it... oh wait you are

it seems you and udg are a little more blue collar because i have never seen anyone defend the dolts more than you two on an opposing team board

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : they teach advanced degrees in gomerism??  prove it... oh wait you are   it seems you and udg are a little more blue collar because i have never seen anyone defend the dolts more than you two on an opposing team board
    Posted by jcour382

They are both losers. He's a tool and she is probably ugly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Ok, that's right. The play went off before the 2:00 minute warning.  That was just mroe sheer luck for Indy there, but the other calls I am referencing are in no way questionable. Holding? The NFL doesn't call holding and we all know that. They could call it on every play, technically. I am pretty sure being tackled in the end zone when the ball is in the air and not looking back for the ball is textbook PI,  Or, made up calls or phantom PI calls when players aren't touched when the Colts are LOSING or LOSING BADLY ONLY AT HOME. You reference some random potential holding call and pretend you'll walk into the courtroom with a strong case. Laughable. And no, you cannot play the "we got screwed" game because your team was handed TDs.  Not just a questionable call here or there, but MULTIPLE TDs or had calls go against NE that resulted in ZERO poinits which would have been at minimum 3 points (Troy Brown phantom offensive PI before half in 2006). These are all points that swing in FAVOR of Indy. This isn't "holding" on the 45 yard line. These are goal line situations. Hmmmm. You have no case here. Faceguarding does not exist in the NFL.  Name me one penalty Indy was called for where the rule shouldn't have been applied. You can't do this because it doesn't exist.
    Posted by BBReigns

Squeak squeak. 

There's no luck in time.  It just runs.  Or it doesn't because it stops when a team calls its last timeout because they can't get organized.  LOL. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Depends how many egregious calls go against the team.  Personally, I prefer officals that know the rules and don't make up calls because they are bored. What about you?
    Posted by BBReigns

Not that this can't happen, but I'm guessing that's not the intent of the league; aren't these guys graded?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Squeak squeak.  There's no luck in time.  It just runs.  Or it doesn't because it stops when a team calls its last timeout because they can't get organized.  LOL. 
    Posted by Indylove

Squeak Squeak?  What does this even mean?

What is your opinion on why "faceguarding" was called when it does not exist in the NFL?

You've dodged this one for a while, but now it's time to answer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Indylove, one way or the other, I will be glad when the Colts and their entorage of supporting zebras leave town.  I hope that Randy Moss and the Titan's whip your butts good in the future!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Not that this can't happen, but I'm guessing that's not the intent of the league; aren't these guys graded?
    Posted by nhsteven

They say they are graded, but why can't we see that they give them for grades or why arent' they fined for horrendously blown calls?

What good is it if you are graded and nothing happens?

I think that GMs and Coaches on the Competition Committee have an influence with how they dictate the rules and the interpretations with regards to the officials.

Tim Donaghy admitted he took payoffs, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that officials call games in a certain way in the NFL.

We know holding is barely called likely because Goodell wants offense-- />ratings.

Sections
Shortcuts