Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week?

We shall see.  I generally haven't whined in the past when the Colts lost to the Patriots, but it's been such a long time that my memory might be failing me...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CORRADJ. Show CORRADJ's posts

Well, we are at home - hopefully that counts for something. At least there'll be no artificial crowd noise.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week?:
    [QUOTE]Well, we are at home - hopefully that counts for something. At least there'll be no artificial crowd noise.
    Posted by CORRADJ[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't know.  I wouldn't put a scrumbag move like piping in crowd noise beyond BB and Kraft...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PerryM. Show PerryM's posts

[QUOTE]We shall see.  I generally haven't whined in the past when the Colts lost to the Patriots, but it's been such a long time that my memory might be failing me...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Maybe you have a Tu-Mah

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CORRADJ. Show CORRADJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Oh, I don't know.  I wouldn't put a scrumbag move like piping in crowd noise beyond BB and Kraft...

Considering the Colts have already done that, what does that say about them? Hmm. That was a pretty dumb move on your part - insulting another team over something your own team has been previously guilty of. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Considering the Colts have already done that, what does that say about them? Hmm. That was a pretty dumb move on your part - insulting another team over something your own team has been previously guilty of. 
    Posted by CORRADJ[/QUOTE]

The Colts?  Oh, no, they wouldn't do that.  That sounds much more like a BB misinterpretation of the rules...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Hit Peyton Manning.  Hard.  Often.  That is the key to Peyton.  If it means you give up a few easy touchdowns early, fine.  Smack him.  Crush him.  Box him in, beat him up.  MAKE HIM THINK ABOUT IT AGAIN.  He is way to comfortable the last times we played him, and we need to stop that.  I think the team was rebuilt to beat him, and I think we will.  But we can't let him just sit there and look around.  We must stunt, blitz, and whatever it takes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

Manning drops back and throws a 45 yard incompletion but wait there's a flag.
    That is Manning's big play and he has one just about every game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hey, Jules...  don't you just hate it when the Colts most famous play in their playbook is "throw it long, balls falls incomplete, receiver waves arm up in air looking exasperated, yellow flag follows..first down!"  By the book.

Say all you want it is a Patriots' fan thing.. it is all around the league and you just refuse to admit it.  Basically, and I don't blame you at all as it is your team that benefits, you can laugh all the way to the bank with the W because your team has it and no whining in the world, rightfully or not, can take it away from the Colts.  There is no reason to admit any favoritism towards your team.  Take every W you can.

PS - you whine too as you mentioned the "brady tuck rule, cheating etc...  "  you are no different than a Pats fan.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CORRADJ. Show CORRADJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : The Colts?  Oh, no, they wouldn't do that.  That sounds much more like a BB misinterpretation of the rules...

Ignorance is bliss I guess.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

I put the over/under on pass interference calls at 1.5. On roughing the passer .5. These odds are for the Pats only. The Colts are free to hit as they like.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The Clots won't get anything...the zebra bandwagon has a woodie for the Jest this year

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I love it!  This is what makes coming here so satisfying.  The whining about the calls.  Every team in the league has some bad calls go in their favor, and the...".   ~JulesWinfield

Nothing need more be said Jules...

Every year...
    Every year...
    For 10 years...
    Only 1 X, when Indy was something like #8 from the bottomost 32nd team-Bottom 5 Team in the League...
    For Penalties called against...
    And Penalty Yards docked...
    Every year...
    For 10 years...
    Every single other one of the 32 NFL Teams, move up and down in terms of how many penalties & penalty yards which they get called against them, Year by year-Bad years, good years, mediocre years...All over the spectrum in how they fare here...
    Every single NFL Team changes...
    Except the Colts...
    Every year...
    Bottom 5-At LEAST Bottom 5 in Penalties & Penalty Yards called against them...
    For 10 years. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]Hey, Jules... PS - you whine too as you mentioned the "brady tuck rule, cheating etc...  "  you are no different than a Pats fan.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Apparently you didn't bother to read what I wrote very closely.  No whining here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]" I love it!  This is what makes coming here so satisfying.  The whining about the calls.  Every team in the league has some bad calls go in their favor, and the ...".   ~JulesWinfield Nothing need more be said Jules... Every year... Every year... For 10 years... Only 1 X, when Indy was something like #8 from the bottomost 32nd team-Bottom 5 Team in the League... For Penalties called against... And Penalty Yards docked... Every year... For 10 years... Every single other one of the 32 NFL Teams, move up and down in terms of how many penalties & penalty yards which they get called against them, Year by year-Bad years, good years, mediocre years...All over the spectrum in how they fare here... Every single NFL Team changes... Except the Colts... Every year... Bottom 5-At LEAST Bottom 5 in Penalties & Penalty Yards called against them... For 10 years. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

You're right.  The Colts have been an amazingly disciplined team for many years. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : You're right.  The Colts have been an amazingly disciplined team for many years. 

Definately...Definately extremely disciplined-through vast player changes, coaching changes, schedule changes, schematic changes, even rule changes to the very game that they play so methodically.  I DO hope you Indy Fans realize just how fortunate you are to be witnessing such ordered control and systematic restraint in game of reckless chaos...and by scores of different personell too! ...AND under such different & varying circumstances ...every season  ...for a decade.  Extremmmmely disciplined. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Definately...Definately extremely disciplined-through vast player changes, coaching changes, schedule changes, schematic changes, even rule changes to the very game that they play so methodically.  I DO hope you Indy Fans realize just how fortunate you are to be witnessing such ordered control and systematic restraint in game of reckless chaos...and by scores of different personell too! ...AND under such different & varying circumstances ...every season  ...for a decade.  Extremmmmely disciplined. 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Oh, I think we realize how fortunate we are.  The lack of penalties are the hallmark of a well-coached team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stupideeediot. Show Stupideeediot's posts

I expect to see plenty of pass interference and roughing the passer calls... 

You know I ahte watching basketball for the most part outside of the Celtics. The rest of the league is all about marketing and giving gift calls to superstars.   Some guys just run right into other players and as long as they do it flashy enough they get max contracts and championships.  It's all about offense, scoring , and selling merchandise.

I thought MLB was different but they completely ignored rising offensive stats for the last couple decades until books started being written about it.   In contrast ... in 1968 MLB had the best pitching stats in decades and THE NEXT YEAR they changed the height of the pitching mound to negate it.  Simply put, offense is sexy and sells stuff.... my MLB is just another NBA

So I figured at least the NFL would be different..... It's the league of 'men'. It's all about performance and being tough.  It's about playing in pouring rain and -10 degree weather. Its about "team" where every player is needed to win a game and no one is above the team or game. So there's no way my NFL is gonna turn into another merchandise factory right ?? right ?

WRONG.  Enter the passing era where scores start climbing and every young QB who comes in the league is suddenly a start because he's throwing on 60% or 70% of the team's downs.   The league sees this and starts passing rules left and right to protect QB's and their stats. 

Pass interference allows the ref to negate a bad QB throw and gift him 40 unchallengable yards. 

QB's can throw the ball away anytime they can make it outside the tackles which essentially is every down. Woops, forget about pass rush..... what's the point if the guy can chuck the ball in the stands on every down?

You breathed on a QB ? 15 yards for unsportsmanlike breath !

A running back lowers his helmet and hits a linebacker in the helmet to get an extra yard.... 15 yard penalty on the linebacker for being in the way of that back's helmet ! And a fine and suspension after the week for daring to play defense.

Face it folks .. sports nowadays are about offense and $$$$$$$$$$$.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PSRyan. Show PSRyan's posts

The point here is simple...all the commentators keep saying "Manning figured out Belichick" after 2004...no, the rules change made the game tilted in Manning's favor. Period. It's not a coincidence. The Polian rules change for illegal contact has increased scoring for the entire league; but it most influenced Manning as his most gifted ability - timing throws, was maximized.

So it's not just the penalties; it's the rules change that is at the heart of the swing from advantage Pats to advantage Colts the past few years.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Next question: How many complaints by Pats fans about Ref calls this week?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]The point here is simple...all the commentators keep saying "Manning figured out Belichick" after 2004...no, the rules change made the game tilted in Manning's favor. Period. It's not a coincidence. The Polian rules change for illegal contact has increased scoring for the entire league; but it most influenced Manning as his most gifted ability - timing throws, was maximized. So it's not just the penalties; it's the rules change that is at the heart of the swing from advantage Pats to advantage Colts the past few years.
    Posted by PSRyan[/QUOTE]

Two problems with the above spilth: 1) your marquee QB and your team benefit from those rules as much as the Colts, and 2) the committee system precludes any one person from changing a rule by himself.  Every rule change would have to have to be approved by the committee.  Unless you have some great insight into Polian's championing of the rule, you're just taking a wild stab by pinning it on him.  Kind of a wussy move, since you watch your team benefit from the rule and then blame your favorite target for creating it.  Having your cake and eating it too.  (Although I dont know what the h3l! else you're supposed to do with cake!)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

[QUOTE]The point here is simple...all the commentators keep saying "Manning figured out Belichick" after 2004...no, the rules change made the game tilted in Manning's favor. Period. It's not a coincidence. The Polian rules change for illegal contact has increased scoring for the entire league; but it most influenced Manning as his most gifted ability - timing throws, was maximized. So it's not just the penalties; it's the rules change that is at the heart of the swing from advantage Pats to advantage Colts the past few years.
    Posted by PSRyan[/QUOTE]

wow, the competition committee really is powerful. 

I didn't realize that they had a hand in making the pats defensive players get older and greedier.  Just think how good Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Johnson, McGinest, Law, Milloy, Harrison, Samuel and others would be today if Polian and his minions hadn't been conjuring this sort of witchcraft. 

Oh, and that illegal contact rule - silly thing - it was already a rule.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : wow, the competition committee really is powerful.  I didn't realize that they had a hand in making the pats defensive players get older and greedier.  Just think how good Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Johnson, McGinest, Law, Milloy, Harrison, Samuel and others would be today if Polian and his minions hadn't been conjuring this sort of witchcraft.  Oh, and that illegal contact rule - silly thing - it was already a rule.
    Posted by Indylove[/QUOTE]
    The scummbag Polin goes whines everytime the Pats win and tries to get a rule change...but I wouldn't expect you to see that most imbreed hicks are slow..."go Colts...now where is my sister Im hornyy"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

There will be calls on both teams that will make Pariot and Colt fans scream in disgust.  If the Pats do their job, a call or even 2 shouldn't matter.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Next question: How many complaints by Pats fans about Ref calls this week?
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Depends how many egregious calls go against the team.  Personally, I prefer officals that know the rules and don't make up calls because they are bored.

What about you?

Sections
Shortcuts