Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week?

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week?:
    Gomer is already making excuses for the injury depleted Colts, so I am going to say just one this year, with the over/under at 2. I don't think Polian can hide from another arrangement like he had with the faceguarding or the 4th and 2 spot call. The Butler PI call last year on Collie is something people forget about, but that turned the game around and allowed the 4th and 2 to called incorrectly in the first place. I just hope for a clean game this time.  I don't want two of the better teams to be affected by Bill Polian's longstanding influence on the Competition Committee. The question is, will Polian choke a ball boy or smash a table in the media room rooting for Pats injuries?
    Posted by BBReigns

Well, at least the despicable polian won't be able to woodshed the refs right  in their  locker room pre-game at Lucas Oil stadium but my money's on at least one peyton-ference call, handing a gift to the colts in a crucial situation. That has just become SOP. Maybe polian had it written into the rules.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Not that this can't happen, but I'm guessing that's not the intent of the league; aren't these guys graded? Regardless, ref calls in every sport are part of the game; calls go both ways, as a general rule; complaining about them is homerism, pure and simple. On sport talk shows (WEEI, etc), if a caller complains about refs, they usually cut them off, giving this reason.
    Posted by nhsteven

That's ludicrous.  There is nothing "homer" about the fact a call like "faceguarding" which doesn't exist in the NFL.

Subjective calls like PI calls, fine. I can see that being called in the eyes of a homer, but why is it these kinds of calls favor Indy in every situation?

You can't just mouth off like you are doing, generalizing about "homerism", yet ignore the facts.

Every game, each team usually has about 2 calls each on average where you say "that was iffy".

This is not the case with the Pats when they play @ Indy.  These are classic examples of very sketchy calls.

What is your opinion of Roethlisberger fumbling against Miami and Steratore's bizarre explanation of needing replay to confirm who walked out of the pile with the ball?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : They say they are graded, but why can't we see that they give them for grades or why arent' they fined for horrendously blown calls? What good is it if you are graded and nothing happens? I think that GMs and Coaches on the Competition Committee have an influence with how they dictate the rules and the interpretations with regards to the officials. Tim Donaghy admitted he took payoffs, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that officials call games in a certain way in the NFL. We know holding is barely called likely because Goodell wants offense-- />ratings.
    Posted by BBReigns

Regardless, ref calls in every sport are part of the game; calls go both ways, as a general rule; complaining about them is homerism, pure and simple. Corruption in general is not likely. On sport talk shows (WEEI, etc), if a caller complains about refs, they usually cut them off, giving this reason. As far as Goodell, there have been complaints about holding calls as long as I can remember; back in '69, I recall Gerry Philbin of the Jets saying "A high school kid can stop me if he's allowed to hold me". I also don't see you complaining about Patriot holds; are they pure?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Actually, I'm not stupid.  I have advanced degrees...and I seriously doubt you have a high school diploma.  It's also poor salesmanship to mention that the ref has a perfect view, since the no replay or still photo shows clearly where the spot should be.  All you're left with is your lame conspiracy theory.  BTW, that does seem to be about where he was when he got final possession - do you have the spacial awareness to realize the ball is at best even with where his feet are and, more likely, behind where his feet are?
    Posted by JulesWinfield

Uhh... "spacial" isn't a word in the English language, Professor.

The word you're looking for is "spatial", i.e., existing in space.

I guess spelling and vocabulary weren't included in any of your "advanced degrees", eh?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : That's ludicrous.  There is nothing "homer" about the fact a call like "faceguarding" which doesn't exist in the NFL. Subjective calls like PI calls, fine. I can see that being called in the eyes of a homer, but why is it these kinds of calls favor Indy in every situation? You can't just mouth off like you are doing, generalizing about "homerism", yet ignore the facts. Every game, each team usually has about 2 calls each on average where you say "that was iffy". This is not the case with the Pats when they play @ Indy.  These are classic examples of very sketchy calls. What is your opinion of Roethlisberger fumbling against Miami and Steratore's bizarre explanation of needing replay to confirm who walked out of the pile with the ball?
    Posted by BBReigns

Did fact checker say this? As far as the Roethlisberger call is concerned, that was a screwup. These guys are under a lot of pressure to get it right. (Remember the Brady tuck rule call?) You insult yourself by continually complaining about this. 

Here's a Pats-Indy issue where I'm anti - Indy. Remember the playoff game during the Colts SB run when the Pats blew a 32 point lead ( or approximately) in the 2nd half @Ind ? Remember how the announcers claimed it was warm in the building? I believe that was on purpose. The Pats D was tired, beat up, and missing players from their previous game; Manning was usually in no-huddle; they were winded in the 2nd half. Yet, there were few (if any) complaints about it. If not for this, PM may still have the gorilla on his back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Regardless, ref calls in every sport are part of the game; calls go both ways, as a general rule; complaining about them is homerism, pure and simple. Corruption in general is not likely. On sport talk shows (WEEI, etc), if a caller complains about refs, they usually cut them off, giving this reason. As far as Goodell, there have been complaints about holding calls as long as I can remember; back in '69, I recall Gerry Philbin of the Jets saying "A high school kid can stop me if he's allowed to hold me". I also don't see you complaining about Patriot holds; are they pure?
    Posted by nhsteven

Dude, how many calls that do not exist for NFL refs to call in the book, actually happen in the end zone in a Conf Title game, that you have seen?

You can't name one game in the histor of the NFL where a penatly was actually enforced even though it doesn't exist, because it's only happened ONCE.

NE @ Indy, 2nd half, 2006 AFC Title game IN THE END ZONE.

Get it?

I am not talking about "oh, that was a terrible holding call or PI call".

We can debate those all day long, but you can't pretend something as smelly as a made up penalty that only exists in college or high school, is the same thing.

Because it's not. At all.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Did fact checker say this? As far as the Roethlisberger call is concerned, that was a screwup. These guys are under a lot of pressure to get it right. (Remember the Brady tuck rule call?) You insult yourself by continually complaining about this.  Here's a Pats-Indy issue where I'm anti - Indy. Remember the playoff game during the Colts SB run when the Pats blew a 32 point lead ( or approximately) in the 2nd half @Ind ? Remember how the announcers claimed it was warm in the building? I believe that was on purpose. The Pats D was tired, beat up, and missing players from their previous game; Manning was usually in no-huddle; they were winded in the 2nd half. Yet, there were few (if any) complaints about it. If not for this, PM may still have the gorilla on his back.
    Posted by nhsteven

Umm, the Tuck Rule call was applied correctly within the NFL rulebook and had actually gone against NE earlier in the season against the Jets.

That's a terrible correlation.

The Pats blew a 32 point lead?   Umm, no.  It was 15 points at the start of the 3rd quarter. 

Indy scored to tie it at 21 shortly thereafter.

You do realize the game you are describing is the game where the "faceguarding" call happened, correct?

This is a FACT as is the FACT that the NFL not only handed Indy the ball on the 1 with a new set of downs, the NFL also quietly apologized to the Patriots with a letter, acknowledgening "faceguarding" does not exist in the NFL and they have no idea why the back judge called it.

Facts hurt. Yes, these are facts. 

NFL apology Colt comfort for Hobbs - N.E. Patriots - BostonHerald.com
    FOXBORO - Ellis Hobbs [stats] has insisted since the AFC title game loss to the Colts that he was improperly flagged for pass interference in the end zone.
    The league not only agrees with him, it let him know it.
    Hobbs received a letter during the offseason apologizing for the blown call, which led to the touchdown that tied the game at 21 in the third quarter.
    “It’s a little late for that now,” Hobbs said with a sigh.
    The penalty came on second-and-7 from the Patriots [team stats] 19. Colts quarterback Peyton Manning targeted a streaking Reggie Wayne down the sideline, but Hobbs stayed with him stride for stride, cutting short his pursuit to avoid the contact that would have resulted in a penalty. He watched Wayne’s eyes, slightly turned his head and leaped while the ball descended. It hit him in the left arm and Hobbs was immediately flagged by referee Bill Carollo.

TV analyst Phil Simms labeled it face-guarding - the act of not turning to look for the ball - which is no longer illegal. The play is only a penalty if Hobbs makes contact with the receiver, which he was careful not to do.
    Manning then hit former Patriots defensive lineman Dan Klecko with a 1-yard score, and the two-point conversion tied the game.
    Hobbs has insisted ever since that the call should not have been made, a point he made forcefully after the game.
    “I’ll say it publicly - that wasn’t pass interference,” Hobbs said. “I didn’t touch the guy. The ball hit me in the back of the arm. He put his hands up and I’m just trying to play through his hands. I didn’t look back, but I didn’t touch him. You make the call. Watch that replay and tell me if it’s pass interference.”

Note how Simms called it "faceguarding". Do you know why? Because he couldn't fathom why the ref saw it as PI.

That's why.

Sorry, but I expect clean games called in Conf Title games and the SB.

The SB is ALWAYS called with low amounts of penalties and called very well.

Why can't most games be like that? How hard is it to want games without contoversy?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Squeak Squeak?  What does this even mean? What is your opinion on why "faceguarding" was called when it does not exist in the NFL? You've dodged this one for a while, but now it's time to answer.
    Posted by BBReigns

the squeaking noise is the sound of your wheels when you backpedal.  But you knew that. 

As for the faceguarding - you never asked me to respond.  Horrible call.  But taking it away does not assume that the colts don't score.  It was 2nd and 17 from the 19 yd line.  Had it not been called the colts had two more plays to get a first or kick a FG.  Regardless, it was made up for on the following drive with the gift Gaffney TD.  No explaining how that could have been in bounds. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Can't believe that letter was never made public.  Wonder if its true?  I'll bet he never got a letter.  Did Tomose write that?  You guys love that guy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : the squeaking noise is the sound of your wheels when you backpedal.  But you knew that.  As for the faceguarding - you never asked me to respond.  Horrible call.  But taking it away does not assume that the colts don't score.  It was 2nd and 17 from the 19 yd line.  Had it not been called the colts had two more plays to get a first or kick a FG.  Regardless, it was made up for on the following drive with the gift Gaffney TD.  No explaining how that could have been in bounds. 
    Posted by Indylove

Ok, so now you finally admit it was a horrible call and one that changed the momentum.

What was a very good play by Hobbs was removed by the official. Anything close, Indy gets flags. That is what they are instructed to do.

7 points is more than 3 on that play, obviously.  Indy was struggling to get in the end zone in that game up to that point.

38-34, final score.  Gee, I really would have preferred to see it 34-34 and OT v.s. 38-34 from that play.

And this doesn't count Caldwell mauled.   Or a PI call on Troy Brown no one even saw. 

"Don't let NE score again before the half!"

PS Dork - Backpedaling, something you love to do here, is done swiftly and quietly. You're so dumb you can't even make a decent joke.

Pathetic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Can't believe that letter was never made public.  Wonder if its true?  I'll bet he never got a letter.  Did Tomose write that?  You guys love that guy.
    Posted by Indylove

It wouldn't have mattered. Everyone would have ignored it because it happeend to the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Dude, how many calls that do not exist for NFL refs to call in the book, actually happen in the end zone in a Conf Title game, that you have seen? You can't name one game in the histor of the NFL where a penatly was actually enforced even though it doesn't exist, because it's only happened ONCE. NE @ Indy, 2nd half, 2006 AFC Title game IN THE END ZONE. Get it? I am not talking about "oh, that was a terrible holding call or PI call". We can debate those all day long, but you can't pretend something as smelly as a made up penalty that only exists in college or high school, is the same thing. Because it's not. At all.
    Posted by BBReigns

Another screw up IMO; but there are other precedents for wierd plays, if not exactly in the same category. Remember the 39-38 SF/NYG PO game a while back when Tagliabue admonished the Refs for how they handled the finish? 

I'm a Giants fan, but, like I said, Ref calls are part of the game. Period.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Ok, so now you finally admit it was a horrible call and one that changed the momentum. What was a very good play by Hobbs was removed by the official. Anything close, Indy gets flags. That is what they are instructed to do. 7 points is more than 3 on that play, obviously.  Indy was struggling to get in the end zone in that game up to that point. 38-34, final score.  Gee, I really would have preferred to see it 34-34 and OT v.s. 38-34 from that play. And this doesn't count Caldwell mauled.   Or a PI call on Troy Brown no one even saw.  "Don't let NE score again before the half!" PS Dork - Backpedaling, something you love to do here, is done swiftly and quietly. You're so dumb you can't even make a decent joke. Pathetic.
    Posted by BBReigns

Never said it wasn't a bad call.  Doesn't mean the colts wouldn't have scored anyway.  I am sure your crystal ball sees it differently.  Completely untrue about scoring.  Colts scored on their 2 possession immediatly prior to the series with the faceguarding. 

Did not want to touch the gift gaffney TD, huh?  I understand. 

squeak squeak squeak.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Never said it wasn't a bad call.  Doesn't mean the colts wouldn't have scored anyway.  I am sure your crystal ball sees it differently.  Completely untrue about scoring.  Colts scored on their 2 possession immediatly prior to the series with the faceguarding.  Did not want to touch the gift gaffney TD, huh?  I understand.  squeak squeak squeak.
    Posted by Indylove

Fans usually complain about what goes against them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Another screw up IMO; but there are other precedents for wierd plays, if not exactly in the same category. Remember the 39-38 SF/NYG PO game a while back when Tagliabue admonished the Refs for how they handled the finish?  I'm a Giants fan, but, like I said, Ref calls are part of the game. Period.
    Posted by nhsteven

Yes. I remember that.

Has Goodell blasted the refs, ever?

No. We get some ref apologist and phony lawyer type (like Goodell) on the tv screen lecturing us why the call was "technically" correct or "ok".

You say it's part of the game, I say, if you don't; see a penalty, don't pull the flag!!

How hard is this?

The best is the flag that ends up on the ground and then they huddle for 5 minutes and explain there is no foul.

What planet am I on here?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Yes. I remember that. Has Goodell blasted the refs, ever? No. We get some ref apologist and phony lawyer type (like Goodell) on the tv screen lecturing us why the call was "technically" correct or "ok". You say it's part of the game, I say, if you don't; see a penalty, don't pull the flag!! How hard is this? The best is the flag that ends up on the ground and then they huddle for 5 minutes and explain there is no foul. What planet am I on here?
    Posted by BBReigns

That's usually the result of trying to get a call right, regardless of the initial assessment; isn't that what you're complaining about?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That's true, however, what caused them to quickly reach for the flag in the first place?

I could see if it happened once once in a blue moon, but it happens multiple times in every game every week!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

That's true, however, what caused them to quickly reach for the flag in the first place? I could see if it happened once once in a blue moon, but it happens multiple times in every game every week!
    Posted by BBReigns

The game moves faster than ever, and these guys aren't machines. Perhaps the way they are trained needs to be re-visited.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

As will Polian.  NE will provide Indy with the specified locations they choose to film from, as they are supposed to do under the rules. Glad I could help speak the truth with facts.
    Posted by BBReigns

But genius said that that was a gray area. My eight grade niece could comprehend that memo. Clunk!! $500K? Goodell "could fix stupid".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Dude, come on. The officiating has progressively gotten worse in the last 5-10 years than it was years ago.

They used to let them play and only call the egregious fouls.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

No question about it. No team gets calls like the Colts. It's not even close. Indy is 1, Pitt 2 in this area. HayseedLove still has not told of us of a time where a call was literally created during the game (2006 Colts winning 38-34 on the faceguarding call on Hobbs) to hand a team the AFC title before. It's very rare that such strange, perfectly timed calls occur anyway, but when they happen for Indy in the Colts/Pats tilts, it's definitely disturbing. Most people, who have no agenda, feel that 4th and 2 spot was clearly the wrong call on the field in the review booth.
    Posted by BBReigns

Where do you find these facts? give me a link. that's what I thought.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Did fact checker say this? As far as the Roethlisberger call is concerned, that was a screwup. These guys are under a lot of pressure to get it right. (Remember the Brady tuck rule call?) You insult yourself by continually complaining about this.  Here's a Pats-Indy issue where I'm anti - Indy. Remember the playoff game during the Colts SB run when the Pats blew a 32 point lead ( or approximately) in the 2nd half @Ind ? Remember how the announcers claimed it was warm in the building? I believe that was on purpose. The Pats D was tired, beat up, and missing players from their previous game; Manning was usually in no-huddle; they were winded in the 2nd half. Yet, there were few (if any) complaints about it. If not for this, PM may still have the gorilla on his back.
    Posted by nhsteven

your avatar. is that MM's 630' swing? he's my all time sport hero.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Posted by nhsteven

To support BBR on this one, the tuck rule evens up the pseudo Sugar Bear Hamilton hit on Stabler in Oakland. Sorry. I didn't like it either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Its the Colts..how many bailout calls this week? : Yes. I remember that. Has Goodell blasted the refs, ever? No. We get some ref apologist and phony lawyer type (like Goodell) on the tv screen lecturing us why the call was "technically" correct or "ok". You say it's part of the game, I say, if you don't; see a penalty, don't pull the flag!! How hard is this? The best is the flag that ends up on the ground and then they huddle for 5 minutes and explain there is no foul. What planet am I on here?
    Posted by BBReigns

Venus. With the Pat's cheerleaders.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Dude, come on. The officiating has progressively gotten worse in the last 5-10 years than it was years ago. They used to let them play and only call the egregious fouls.
    Posted by BBReigns

That last 5-10 years sounds like the Patriots run. Coincidence? 

Sections
Shortcuts