It's the GM.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

It's the GM.

Dowling, McCourty, Cunningham, Spikes, Chung, Brace, Butler, Wheatley, Crable and Meriweather; almost an entire defense of high draft picks taken by this team in the last 5 years, and the D still sucks.

Jackson, Tate and Price all drafted high in the last 6 years and we don't have a deep threat. And don't even get me started on what a bust 85 has been. Why is this man still here? Oh yeah, he has friends in high places.

This kind of incompetent team building has already likely wasted away the remaining Brady years. And the buck stops in only one place.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: It's the GM.

In Response to Re: It's the GM.:
    [QUOTE]real gm help, better talent evaluation (better people evaluating talent). legit coaches not guys in training. bb wants to do it all, but if he just coached (wiht input on everything) wed be in better shape. if he does it all we are above average, but that wont equal pitt's past and future rings. we coulda been historic in rings (all time. still could maybe, but its slipping away, historic for brady-bb-franchise. as it is, we ruled a decade).
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. This one man show just isn't getting it done. This D and lack of a deep threat is embarrassing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Yes it is very frustrating. BB needs help on the defensive side. Yes they went 14-2 last year and are 5-2 this year but does anybody have any faith in this defense being able to stop anyone when it counts if Brady hasn't lit the place up in a crucial game. Brady is a HOF QB and 1 of the top 3 of all time. He should be retiring with 5 superbowl rings not 3. Get him some help on defense and he will deliver another 2 rings before he retires - but do it quickly please

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

real gm help, better talent evaluation (better people evaluating talent). legit coaches not guys in training.

bb wants to do it all, but if he just coached (wiht input on everything) wed be in better shape.

if he does it all we are above average, but that wont equal pitt's past and future rings.

we coulda been historic in rings (all time. still could maybe, but its slipping away, historic for brady-bb-franchise. as it is, we ruled a decade).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rotorhead. Show Rotorhead's posts

I am not saying talent evaluation is poor but it has been, if Pioli was still here we would not be having these issues. Sure he was here for the Chad Jackson's and Bethel Johnson's of the world but damn. I am a die hard but we saw the last of Brady and these pats in the Super Bowl in Arizona and BB knew it and when for it all, and unforunately we lost. This team is a shell of itself and it is sad to see the dynasty of greatness start to dim in Foxboro, when Brady hangs them up so will BB, and the dark ages of the 80's begin again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In Response to It's the GM.:
    [QUOTE]Dowling, McCourty, Cunningham, Spikes, Chung, Brace, Butler, Wheatley, Crable and Meriweather; almost an entire defense of high draft picks taken by this team in the last 5 years, and the D still sucks. Jackson, Tate and Price all drafted high in the last 6 years and we don't have a deep threat . And don't even get me started on what a bust 85 has been. Why is this man still here? Oh yeah, he has friends in high places. This kind of incompetent team building has already likely wasted away the remaining Brady years. And the buck stops in only one place.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree totally. Bellichick is a great coach but I feel he is a control freak also and perhaps a borderline Narcisist IMHO - I can do it all myself? This is BS. When I look at the drafts except for the last 2 he fails miserably. The man needs help  on coaching and a legit front office GM with equal power and an improved NCAA scouting team. I feel sure Mr. Kraft must have had a talk with him after losing 2 AFC playoffs in a row. In the off season Bellichick changed all the D schemes and employed an aged defense. The Steelers dominated that aged defensive D line yesterday. The D backfield is a disgrace right now.

Yes Babe, too bad the Brady years are going down the tube fast. Without Tom Brady this coach is good but only mediocre based on the decisions Bellichick has made in the draft and lately Game planning - which surprised me. This past game with the Steelers made me re-think the ' Trust in Bill' hoopla. Kraft has got to force him to improve the coaching aspect.

Your a good contributor to the forum Babe. Don't worry about getting creamed on here, that happened to me the first day last week...hahahhaa
    It's a forum! Just expressing our own views like it or NOT!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to It's the GM. : Yes I agree totally. Bellichick is a great coach but I feel he is a control freak also and perhaps a borderline Narcisist IMHO - I can do it all myself? This is BS. When I look at the drafts except for the last 2 he fails miserably. The man needs help  on coaching and a legit front office GM with equal power and an improved NCAA scouting team. I feel sure Mr. Kraft must have had a talk with him after losing 2 AFC playoffs in a row. In the off season Bellichick changed all the D schemes and employed an aged defense. The Steelers dominated that aged defensive D line yesterday. The D backfield is a disgrace right now. Yes Babe, too bad the Brady years are going down the tube fast. Without Tom Brady this coach is good but only mediocre based on the decisions Bellichick has made in the draft and lately Game planning - which surprised me. This past game with the Steelers made me re-think the ' Trust in Bill' hoopla. Kraft has got to force him to improve the coaching aspect. Your a good contributor to the forum Babe. Don't worry about getting creamed on here, that happened to me the first day last week...hahahhaa It's a forum! Just expressing our own views like it or NOT!
    Posted by palookaski[/QUOTE]

re "Yes I agree totally. Bellichick is a great coach but I feel he is a control freak also and perhaps a borderline Narcisist IMHO - I can do it all myself? This is BS. When I look at the drafts except for the last 2 he fails miserably. The man needs help  on coaching and a legit front office GM with equal power and an improved NCAA scouting team. "

i have written quite similar to this in the past. its almost as if you wrote my exact words.
    its refreshing to read someone not afraid to use their own brain and speak what they see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's the GM. : re " Yes I agree totally. Bellichick is a great coach but I feel he is a control freak also and perhaps a borderline Narcisist IMHO - I can do it all myself? This is BS. When I look at the drafts except for the last 2 he fails miserably. The man needs help  on coaching and a legit front office GM with equal power and an improved NCAA scouting team.  " i have written quite similar to this in the past. its almost as if you wrote my exact words. its refreshing to read someone not afraid to use their own brain and speak what they see.
    Borderline? He crossed that line decades ago.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to It's the GM.:
    [QUOTE]Dowling, McCourty, Cunningham, Spikes, Chung, Brace, Butler, Wheatley, Crable and Meriweather; almost an entire defense of high draft picks taken by this team in the last 5 years, and the D still sucks. Jackson, Tate and Price all drafted high in the last 6 years and we don't have a deep threat . And don't even get me started on what a bust 85 has been. Why is this man still here? Oh yeah, he has friends in high places. This kind of incompetent team building has already likely wasted away the remaining Brady years. And the buck stops in only one place.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Babe, I hate to say this, but I must agree. The lousy draft picks discussed above are taking their toll...and have prevented this team from further championships.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's the GM. : re " Yes I agree totally. Bellichick is a great coach but I feel he is a control freak also and perhaps a borderline Narcisist IMHO - I can do it all myself? This is BS. When I look at the drafts except for the last 2 he fails miserably. The man needs help  on coaching and a legit front office GM with equal power and an improved NCAA scouting team.  " i have written quite similar to this in the past. its almost as if you wrote my exact words. its refreshing to read someone not afraid to use their own brain and speak what they see.

Agree 100%! BB the coach..great. BB the GM-HORRIBLE! The proof is in the results. I don't know what it is with him but enough is enough. If Kraft can't see it or BB can't accept the fact that he can't do everything then maybe the time has come to part ways. This team as ist stands now with win 11 or 12 games in spite of it because of Brady but will go nowhere come playoff time...Another year wasted with the best QB in the NFL at the helm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Russ ran out of kool-aid last night.  Thank God there was a 24 hour supermarket around the corner.  He's back and he's on fire. 

1st question from your comments - how many points did the team that won superbowl 42 score and doesn't that run counter to your comment?

Are you saying Brady threw his teammates under the bus? 

nugget of the day - the first step to admitting a problem is admitting it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]real gm help, better talent evaluation (better people evaluating talent). legit coaches not guys in training. bb wants to do it all, but if he just coached (wiht input on everything) wed be in better shape. if he does it all we are above average, but that wont equal pitt's past and future rings. we coulda been historic in rings (all time. still could maybe, but its slipping away, historic for brady-bb-franchise. as it is, we ruled a decade).

Its the parcells shop for the groceries mentality.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Well if he keeps making decision like going for that stupid on side kick, and going for it with a fake punt in January and the 4th and 2 against Indy, i dont know if we can keep saying great coach. he is a great football mind, knows everything in football, but his curious decisions in big games is getting a little suspicous. We all know the defense is bad, but if you are gonna totally ignore the fundamentals w/regards to the defense, why even field a defense. He is basically saying he doesnt trust them to get 3 stops on 3 straight runs...??
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    shiz = don't you remember - Russ told us that belichick read a book which said he should always go for it.  It has nothing at all to do with not trusting his defense. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Food for thought - In the Patriots SB years, the following players were non-belichick players. 

You might call them critical to the pats success:

Vinatieri
    Faulk
    Brown
    Woody
    Rutledge
    Mitchell
    McGinest
    Johnson
    Bruschi
    Law
    Milloy
    Jones

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's the GM. : Agree 100%! BB the coach..great. BB the GM-HORRIBLE! The proof is in the results. I don't know what it is with him but enough is enough. If Kraft can't see it or BB can't accept the fact that he can't do everything then maybe the time has come to part ways. This team as ist stands now with win 11 or 12 games in spite of it because of Brady but will go nowhere come playoff time...Another year wasted with the best QB in the NFL at the helm
    Posted by smorgan86[/QUOTE]

LLLLLLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Yeah man we should fire Bill Belichick

LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL

Thank you for that. I was a little depressed after that game but the laughing helped.

Seriously thanks man.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Spikes and Chung have been some of the only contributors to this D so far this year so I wouldn't lump them in with the rest, but the shear amount of wasted early round picks is leaning on the obscene in the last 7 years or so.

Of all these early round picks from 06-10' (this years crop, to early to tell) we've basically gotten:

Spikes - a good solid starting ILB but isn't a play maker
    Gronk - star in the making
    Chung -  a solid starting SS on the verge of pro-bowl caliber
    Vollmer - a solid T but not quite a pro-bowl caliber T
    Mayo - pro-bowl caliber LB who was a top 15 pick

McCourty - has taken a turn for the worse but can still turn it around

So 5 starters with a 6th that can either become another Butler or a solid contributer depending on how he reacts to the sophomore slump.

The problem being that we've had 4 1st round picks, 9 2nd round picks, and 6 3rd round picks in that time period. out of 19 picks in the top 3 rounds over 5 years we've hit on about 25% that could jump to 33% if McCourty works out. Even average drafting teams tend to hit at least 33% of their first 3 round picks. Even if you break it down to only 2nd and 1st rounders then you hit on less then 50%. It's scary to realize the shear amount of wasted picks over the last half a decade. All those picks and nothing to show for it. Top 15 picks might not be guarantied but I think they have a higher shot of hitting then 25%. It might be worth moving up to the top 15 instead of collecting massive amounts of picks and trading for value every year

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Well if he keeps making decision like going for that stupid on side kick, and going for it with a fake punt in January and the 4th and 2 against Indy, i dont know if we can keep saying great coach.

he is a great football mind, knows everything in football, but his curious decisions in big games is getting a little suspicous.

We all know the defense is bad, but if you are gonna totally ignore the fundamentals w/regards to the defense, why even field a defense.

He is basically saying he doesnt trust them to get 3 stops on 3 straight runs...??

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

With respect to all, you can't seriously blame the offense for the Steelers loss.  Look at the time of possesion, right there that tells you that the defense couldn't get off the field.  Did they play bad?  I think they're playing as well as they can, look at the line, you got Wilfork and a cast of characters that no other team wanted.  Haynesworth, Carter, Warren, etc.  You got Spikes and Mayo (hurt) as your linebacking corps and you got Chung and McCourty in your secondary.  That's five guys the Pats drafted and the rest are spare parts that probably couldn't make another teams roster.  Be realistic and lay the blame squarely at BB's feet.  He drafted, signed, released and molded this roster.  I'm sure in New Orleans they think Peyton is a genius, Green Bay thinks the world of their Super Bowl coach, etc. etc.  Let's look at it for what it is and honestly say that the man has not done the job around here for a long time.  Blame Brady, you've got to be kidding me.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Wrong Russ - The 4th & 2 was not executed.  If it was, they would have called it as such.  Regardless, Belichick could have challenged, right?  Oh wait, he couldn't.  That's right, because the team blew their last time out coming up with the play that failed. 

BTW - maybe the problem is Brady.  Maybe his contract is too big - highest per year contract in the league.  Maybe the pats are strapped for cash. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

t is hard to defend what I saw yesterday and have seen before.  A defense that is consistently presented with third and long that allows the opposing offense to convert almost seemingly at will is not a defense on a team that is super bowl bound.

We have been saying that this defense will get better but is that happening?  No, it isn't, the same issues that were present last season are still present and now the release of Bodden and sending Dowling to IR, must raise questions about the secondary for any fan.  If you say no and present some other analysis based on whatever stat, you are whistling past the grave yard. 

Will the defense look better on other occasions?  Probably.  However, it is the quality teams like Pittsburgh, the Ravens and the Packers that the PATS must beat in this league to be successful at the highest level.  With this defense, that is unlikely to happen.  That this is to be laid at Belichik's door is obvious, as he buys and cooks the groceries.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]No. Everyone and their mother knows the spot was incorrect. Officiaiting in this league is atrocious. Time to start getting younger people into the league as refs. Ones with good eyes and a feel for the game.  It's ATROCIOUS way too much every week.  Don't make me post that youtube clip again and embarrass you, troll. Your team is a laughingstock.  Leave the board once and for all.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

wrong Russ. 

Sections
Shortcuts