J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft

They mention pacman jones, but that is a mistake. there is no comparison. they arent made of the same cloth. cant tell what fame and $ will do to jenkins. but the man has some humility and has learn some lessons of late (past year). those that dont like him at any cost i know. others, i hope bb does his due dilligence in this case to see if he will be a good pat.

Janoris Jenkins described as the best cover corner in the draft

Janoris+Jenkins+South+Carolina+v+Florida+JRoM7mi_CpjlGetty Images

We noted this morning that cornerbackJanoris Jenkins comes to the 2012 NFL draft with plenty of character questions. It’s also important to note that Jenkins comes to the draft with one of the best résumés of on-field achievement for any prospect in this year’s class.

Greg Cosell of NFL Films says that based solely on tape, Jenkins is best pure man cover corner in draft.

Jenkins finished his college career at North Alabama in 2011 after getting kicked off the team at Florida, where he had been a three-year starter. When Jenkins announced in early 2011 that he was going to stay at Florida instead of entering the NFL draft, many observers were surprised: Jenkins was viewed as an elite prospect last year, maybe even the best cornerback in the draft, ahead of Patrick Peterson, who went fifth overall to the Cardinals.

Jenkins’ subsequent problems (Florida booted him after two drug-related arrests in three months) don’t change the tape he produced at Florida. Particularly impressive were his games against Georgia’s A.J. Green, who managed just four catches for 42 yards against Florida, and against Alabama’s Julio Jones, who had four catches for 19 yards against Florida. Green went fourth overall in last year’s draft and Jones went sixth, so a cornerback who shut them down is obviously going to appeal to NFL scouts.

That’s what makes Jenkins so fascinating. Some coaches may be concerned that he’ll become a Pacman Jones-sized headache, but if he can keep his nose clean he’s going to be the steal of the draft, a Top 5 talent who will be available somewhere in the 20s or 30s.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft

The kid shadows the receivers, he's physical, and fearless. doesn't shy away from bigger wideouts, the only problem he has is the off-field stuff which I think can be managed in NE. If BB drafts him I think we're going to have a very nice group of db's in him,devin, and dowling(if healthy). We can even put devin in the FS and have jenkins and dowling as our #1 & #2 cb's.

pick #27 devon still/worthy
    pick#31 jenkins

that would be a nice 1st round.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft

In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft:
    [QUOTE]The kid shadows the receivers, he's physical, and fearless. doesn't shy away from bigger wideouts, the only problem he has is the off-field stuff which I think can be managed in NE. If BB drafts him I think we're going to have a very nice group of db's in him,devin, and dowling(if healthy). We can even put devin in the FS and have jenkins and dowling as our #1 & #2 cb's. pick #27 devon still/worthy pick#31 jenkins that would be a nice 1st round.
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

if dowling plays all year at one corner and jenkins at another, moore as the 3rd cb
    and devin mcc moves to safety or is just a backup, we will be 300% better in the def. backfield i believe.

if we also get a stud d lineman and lb or a dt and a de

along with an olineman and a huge outside receiver,

we will compete against any team in the nfl and wont have to rely on them to lose to other teams (or drop the winning touchdown) so we dont have to face them in the playoffs.

thanks for the post

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

will jenkins be eligible? who knows what he does and gets suspended. he could screw up our harmoneous locker room! no thanks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He is the best cover corner in the draft and with so many cb needy teams why is it that many feel he might fall completely out of the first round? You could have the most talent in the league but if you are a mess off the field you won't be playing on the field and that's why teams are pausing over Jenkins

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would not be unhappy if we grabbed him depending on who else is available.  If he somehow slipped to us in the 2nd, I would be very happy with that pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Bredbru:

This is either your 4th or 5th Janoris Jenkins thread

How many more you gonna fit in between now and Draft day (April 26th)?

I know you like the guy, but geesh

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Patriots have 2 first rd picks. When they stockpile picks the philoophy should be to use one on a guy like Jenkins b/c best case he is top 10 pick and an elite cover corner and worst case is he ends up being booted off the team... but I think it is more likely we get best case than worst and its a team with ONE 1st in the teens 20's who really can't afford to take such a risk

The Bengals have two 1sts as well and never shy away from these types of kids, but shouldn't that organization FINALLY decide that the mix of losing games and gathering together multiple immature personalities doesn't work?

At least NE wins games and has leadership, nobody is going to mess with our lockerroom. Jenkins can still fight in a bar, hit a woman or get caught with pot on him.... but then he'll be dropped and it won't effect the goals of the team or destroy future, since we have 3 other picks in the 27-62 range.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Considering how often the club turns a 1st into a non-impact 2nd rd pick and a future pick that DOES NOT help a 34 year old TB and a 59 year old BB win NOW, I would MUCH rather roll the dice on Jenkins than experience that letdown again.

Take a sure-thing front 7 player with no character concerns at 27. Then if Jenkins is there at 31 (and assuming Barron is not) then I'd scoop him up in a heartbeat.

If we then add to the front 7 again, whatever position we didn't fill at 27, with pick 48, our defense will be VASTLY improved.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft:
    [QUOTE]The Patriots have 2 first rd picks. When they stockpile picks the philoophy should be to use one on a guy like Jenkins b/c best case he is top 10 pick and an elite cover corner and worst case is he ends up being booted off the team... but I think it is more likely we get best case than worst and its a team with ONE 1st in the teens 20's who really can't afford to take such a risk The Bengals have two 1sts as well and never shy away from these types of kids, but shouldn't that organization FINALLY decide that the mix of losing games and gathering together multiple immature personalities doesn't work? At least NE wins games and has leadership, nobody is going to mess with our lockerroom. Jenkins can still fight in a bar, hit a woman or get caught with pot on him.... but then he'll be dropped and it won't effect the goals of the team or destroy future, since we have 3 other picks in the 27-62 range.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

lets not take this too far.
    dude never hit a wonman, a guy who stole some jewelry in a bar.
    had pot on him once and was in a car with a friedn who had personal amount of pot in his car
    good point otherwise

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Considering how often the club turns a 1st into a non-impact 2nd rd pick and a future pick that DOES NOT help a 34 year old TB and a 59 year old BB win NOW, I would MUCH rather roll the dice on Jenkins than experience that letdown again. Take a sure-thing front 7 player with no character concerns at 27. Then if Jenkins is there at 31 (and assuming Barron is not) then I'd scoop him up in a heartbeat. If we then add to the front 7 again, whatever position we didn't fill at 27, with pick 48, our defense will be VASTLY improved.

"Considering how often the club turns a 1st into a non-impact 2nd rd pick and a future pick that DOES NOT help a 34 year old TB and a 59 year old BB win NOW, I would MUCH rather roll the dice on Jenkins than experience that letdown again."

thats what i call solid reasoning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

bredbru...  One of the worst mistakes I see draft analysts making, come when they're highly sold on a player very early on, beit that collegians final year before he declares for The NFL draft, or as is the case with Janoris Jenkins right here, 3 years.  Taylor Mays- Great example- People overvalued his simply freakish size and just mutant superhuman triangle speed numbers, prior to the start of his final college year at USC's Safety spot...  More ya saw of his play though as it lead up to draft day, the more you recognized that his angles and play-diagnosis was borderline closer to a r#t#rded 2nd grader's 1st year on the pop warner C Team.

I am not making this parrallel in terms of skill-set wise between Mays and Jenkins...  I AM however, not sold on a guy whom shut-down a few top receivers 3 (or was it 4 now?) years ago while playing for Florida, then got arrested 3 or so times, then got kicked off the team to play for Northern Alabama, his basic stats all-the-while, rather than IMPROVING verses lesser skilled prospects at a college with a lesser quality opponent schedule, actually DE-clined...prior to finally: Getting blown up, in every specific mentionable and numerous match-up instances regarding his practice and game quality of play and 1 on 1 coverage abilities, while squaring off against College's other 2012 Top Seniors during The Senior Bowl a month and a half ago...

Where is their play RIGHT NOW:  If it ain't over the top great with their on-field performances, and IF there's already noteable worries regarding how said highly regarded draftee values his on-field and off-field lifestyle as it relates to the soon-to-be Professional Sport of Football.....?  Then, no- The guy should NOT be selected with a 1st Round Selection.  No way.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : lets not take this too far. dude never hit a wonman, a guy who stole some jewelry in a bar. had pot on him once and was in a car with a friedn who had personal amount of pot in his car good point otherwise
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not sure exactly what he's done, so my bad, thats more pacman stuff there, just knew it was at leats 3-4 incidents and bad enough to warrent being kicked out of a loosey-goosey school like Florida

Considering the upstanding citizen I am now at 30.... and that marijuana, friends and a vehicle were together in my life countless times from age 16-24, I really wouldn't hold that against him one bit...

Stuff like firing off guns in parking lots, brawling, running from and/or assaulting an officer, hitting or domestically fighting with women, etc are the real warning signs to me...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : Yeah I'm not sure exactly what he's done, so my bad, thats more pacman stuff there, just knew it was at leats 3-4 incidents and bad enough to warrent being kicked out of a loosey-goosey school like Florida Considering the upstanding citizen I am now at 30.... and that marijuana, friends and a vehicle were together in my life countless times from age 16-24, I really wouldn't hold that against him one bit... Stuff like firing off guns in parking lots, brawling, running from and/or assaulting an officer, hitting or domestically fighting with women, etc are the real warning signs to me...

yep, i listed the three arrests.
    he seems to have caught some humility this last year.
    lets see who gets him and what he does. i too would take the risk.
    hes not the "bad man" soem are making him out to be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19,

[QUOTE]bredbru ...  One of the worst mistakes I see draft analysts making, come when they're highly sold on a player very early on, beit that collegians final year before he declares for The NFL draft, or as is the case with Janoris Jenkins right here, 3 years.  Taylor Mays- Great example- People overvalued his simply freakish size and just mutant superhuman triangle speed numbers, prior to the start of his final college year at USC's Safety spot...  More ya saw of his play though as it lead up to draft day, the more you recognized that his angles and play-diagnosis was borderline closer to a r#t#rded 2nd grader's 1st year on the pop warner C Team. I am not making this parrallel in terms of skill-set wise between Mays and Jenkins...  I AM however, not sold on a guy whom shut-down a few top receivers 3 (or was it 4 now?) years ago while playing for Florida, then got arrested 3 or so times, then got kicked off the team to play for Northern Alabama, his basic stats all-the-while, rather than IMPROVING verses lesser skilled prospects at a college with a lesser quality opponent schedule, actually DE-clined...prior to finally: Getting blown up, in every specific mentionable and numerous match-up instance s  regarding his practice and game quality of play and 1 on 1 coverage abilities, while squaring off against College's other 2012 Top Seniors during The Senior Bowl a month and a half ago... Where is their play RIGHT NOW:  If it ain't over the top great with their on-field performances, and IF there's already noteable worries regarding how said highly regarded draftee values his on-field and off-field lifestyle as it relates to the soon-to-be Professional Sport of Football.....?  Then, no- The guy should NOT be selected with a 1st Round Selection.  No way.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

point taken. lets see what happens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

detroit and cincinnati, who others expect could be people who go after jenkins:

rang and bugler have detroit going o line
    and cinci going kirpatrick and gilmore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Send Daddy Jenkins to the Jets.

The best corner in the draft is the one that's the biggest draft bargain.  Wildcat quarterback Pat White in the second round wasn't a bargain, but wildcat quarterback Julian Edelman in the seventh round was.  Of course Edelman never played quarterback after college.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

How many Kids 4. He's going to the Jets for Cromartie to mentor.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats have drafted plenty of Busts who've kept their noses clean. I dont live with these guys so give me a guy with a checkered past and the ability to play some damn football in the secondary and I won't care how many kids he has. Hell, if he gives us 3 ggod seasons b4 getting stuck on stupid, we can trade him to the Raiders of Bengals for a 2nd round pick in 2015.
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

long as hes not committing violent crimes im with you.
    cunningham was a good "saint", play, not much.
    every football team has a mix of lifestyles.
    guy is not a criminal thug.
    read a of him.
    were not hiring him to raise your/my children.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

I don't know if having a few kids at an early age is something to hold it against him for the rest of his life. Is he responsible with his kids? Does he abuse them? Or their mothers? Is he shooting and fighting in night clubs? Come on, there are more teenagers that are doing worse stuff than this guy, some of you may even have friends worse than him, yet you dont treat them as bad as this guy or talk bad about them like most of you do against this kid. Give him the chance to prove that he has matured and learned from his mistakes. I bet there are alot of eagles fans very happy with Michael Vick, so give this kid a chance like the NFL has done with so many troubled players. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]I don't know if having a few kids at an early age is something to hold it against him for the rest of his life. Is he responsible with his kids? Does he abuse them? Or their mothers? Is he shooting and fighting in night clubs? Come on, there are more teenagers that are doing worse stuff than this guy, some of you may even have friends worse than him, yet you dont treat them as bad as this guy or talk bad about them like most of you do against this kid. Give him the chance to prove that he has matured and learned from his mistakes. I bet there are alot of eagles fans very happy with Michael Vick, so give this kid a chance like the NFL has done with so many troubled players. 

It's not just the kids it's everything as a whole. 3 arrests, multiple citations, fights on and off the field, failed drug tests, being kicked off the team, being suspended on new team, 4 kids in 4 years with 3 women. It all shows a pattern of poor decision making, lack of respect for authority and rules, and a lack of maturity. Any one by themselves as an isolated incident is not a big deal but when you add them all up it does become a big deal. And btw, the only people I know who have similar track records are either in jail or still stuck in the projects right now so not a good sign.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats have drafted plenty of Busts who've kept their noses clean. I dont live with these guys so give me a guy with a checkered past and the ability to play some damn football in the secondary and I won't care how many kids he has. Hell, if he gives us 3 ggod seasons b4 getting stuck on stupid, we can trade him to the Raiders of Bengals for a 2nd round pick in 2015.
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

They've also drafted players with questionable pasts that were busts too (Meriweather anyone?)

We've seen the importance of the locker room and BB has worked hard in the last couple years to get it straight again. Even Kraft has talked up how the locker room has changed for the better. Why would you want to become the Bengals or Raiders over what this locker room has morphed into by taking character issue guys with more talent over locker room guys with maybe a little less talent?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : It's not just the kids it's everything as a whole. 3 arrests, multiple citations, fights on and off the field, failed drug tests, being kicked off the team, being suspended on new team, 4 kids in 4 years with 3 women. It all shows a pattern of poor decision making, lack of respect for authority and rules, and a lack of maturity. Any one by themselves as an isolated incident is not a big deal but when you add them all up it does become a big deal. And btw, the only people I know who have similar track records are either in jail or still stuck in the projects right now so not a good sign.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

How many current and former players haven't been arrested multiple times for marijuana possession? The first arrest for fighting was in self-defense( his version, haven't heard anything else to believe otherwise ) the second arrest was two years after his first. I haven't heard or read anything about him failing a drug test unless you're refering to his arrest for possession of marijuana, that was the reason why he was dismissed from the gators. Four kids with 3 different women is nothing compared to killing a person while driving drunk (stallworth), I know is more of irresponsibility for having those 4 childrens than being a bad person. Now is he not taking care of those 4 kids? Do we know the circumstances that led him to end his relationship with the mother of his 2 kids? There are alot of people in this world that have multiple kids with different women and we don't hold it against them, heck even brady has a kid with his x-girlfriend. Most people in this world deserve a second chance to redeem themselves( I don't believe those who kill innocent people, little kids, family, etc... deserves a second chance) besides that I believe in second chances.

The pats locker room is strong enough to handle him, matter of fact is strong enough to handle any distraction. BB can always cut him if the team chemistry is in jeopardy, although is going to be a wasted pick but he's worth the gamble.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : How many current and former players haven't been arrested multiple times for marijuana possession? The first arrest for fighting was in self-defense( his version, haven't heard anything else to believe otherwise ) the second arrest was two years after his first. I haven't heard or read anything about him failing a drug test unless you're refering to his arrest for possession of marijuana, that was the reason why he was dismissed from the gators. Four kids with 3 different women is nothing compared to killing a person while driving drunk (stallworth), I know is more of irresponsibility for having those 4 childrens than being a bad person. Now is he not taking care of those 4 kids? Do we know the circumstances that led him to end his relationship with the mother of his 2 kids? There are alot of people in this world that have multiple kids with different women and we don't hold it against them, heck even brady has a kid with his x-girlfriend. Most people in this world deserve a second chance to redeem themselves( I don't believe those who kill innocent people, little kids, family, etc... deserves a second chance) besides that I believe in second chances. The pats locker room is strong enough to handle him, matter of fact is strong enough to handle any distraction. BB can always cut him if the team chemistry is in jeopardy, although is going to be a wasted pick but he's worth the gamble.

Here's a good article on his concerns and why it should concern you:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_janoris_jenkins_pot_children_corneback_draft_022612

Also according to the police report he hit the guy because he thought he was grabbing for his gold chain. Thinking a guy is reaching for your gold chain is not self defense. Also doesn't explain why he punch another player on the field last year.

Sections
Shortcuts