J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft

In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : Here's a good article on his concerns and why it should concern you: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-cole_janoris_jenkins_pot_children_corneback_draft_022612 Also according to the police report he hit the guy because he thought he was grabbing for his gold chain. Thinking a guy is reaching for your gold chain is not self defense. Also doesn't explain why he punch another player on the field last year.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I'll take a very key piece( atleast to me ) from the article here it is " This is not a morality play. How Jenkins and the women he has been with choose to live is their business. Perhaps Jenkins, like some young athletes, simply wants to have children at a young age. Maybe he’ll realize the responsibility he has taken on and be a good father regardless of circumstance. And the truth is Jenkins is hardly alone in the NFL when it comes to having multiple children by multiple women." 

Just because one AFC exec doesn't believe in him, means the kid is a cancer to the organization that might draft him. As I mentioned before give him a break, give him a chance to prove that he has learned from his mistakes. That all of his off-field issues won't affect his play, to me that's the true fear of most GM'S in the league that are leery of drafting him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft

In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : I'll take a very key piece( atleast to me ) from the article here it is " This is not a morality play. How Jenkins and the women he has been with choose to live is their business. Perhaps Jenkins, like some young athletes, simply wants to have children at a young age. Maybe he’ll realize the responsibility he has taken on and be a good father regardless of circumstance. And the truth is Jenkins is hardly alone in the NFL when it comes to having multiple children by multiple women."  Just because one AFC exec doesn't believe in him, means the kid is a cancer to the organization that might draft him. As I mentioned before give him a break, give him a chance to prove that he has learned from his mistakes. That all of his off-field issues won't affect his play, to me that's the true fear of most GM'S in the league that are leery of drafting him.
    Posted by leonardo0110[/QUOTE]

The article also sights an NFC exec too. I've read plenty of articles sighting GM's and league sources that there are major concerns about Jenkins. Now they all might be 2 guys saying that but what are the odds that so many sources are just 2 guys?

These are major red flags that have lead to more busts and problem children around the league then successes. As most say the draft is a cr@pshoot, so why add more risk with a kid that can't keep his nose clean in hopes that he will? If he fell to the very back end of the 2nd or into the 3rd then sure take a chance on the kid, at that point if you kick him off not a big deal. However, with a 1st rounder I wouldn't touch him. Just think about the 06-09' years and how those drafts set back the team, how wasted picks in the first couple days can affect the team long term. When you have so many holes to fill you need players who won't be busts because of off the field issues. It's not the path you want to head down. 1st rounders are expected to be starters (even though some are busts). Spending a 1st on a character riddled player only increases the risk that a high valued pick is lost for no reason. Look at the teams that typically take the risks on character risk kids in the 1st: Browns, Cinn, Raiders, Det, Dal, Jets. There is a reason that they are constantly picking in the teens or lower.

BTW, I don't think the statement that this locker room can handle it is accurate. BB cleaned house over the last couple years to remove problem players. Obviously BB didn't feel that the locker room could handle character concern guys after the locker room was lost. Even Kraft mentioned how much better the locker room is now and how they are like a family. If I were BB I'd want to continue to build with players that fit that mentality not players that you are hoping can change

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

Wouldn't you take him with the 31st pick? or would you rather take him with the 48th if he falls? I mean the players that BB has cut or traded because of problems in the locker room were because they weren't producing on the field ( big albert, meriweather and moss comes to mind, moss after the 08 season showed his true colors) you think jenkins cannot produce positive results on the field? And he will have people here in NE that could give him some advise (hernandez, jermaine and spike)have someone he can lean on,the leadership on this TEAM is outstanding. To me NE is the best case scenario for him to land, I think that sentiment is league wide.

I would draft him with the 31st pick if gilmore and kirkpatrick are off the board but to ignore his talent just because he has made some questionable decisions on how he lives his life is unfair. The kid has admitted to everything that has been said about him, he's not denying it that atleast shows that he owns to his mistakes and will try to improve from the lessons learned. What makes you think that he's not a team player and that he will not buy into the "patriots way"? we can't never know if we dont try it, it's a high-risk, high-reward investment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats have drafted plenty of Busts who've kept their noses clean. I dont live with these guys so give me a guy with a checkered past and the ability to play some damn football in the secondary and I won't care how many kids he has. Hell, if he gives us 3 ggod seasons b4 getting stuck on stupid, we can trade him to the Raiders of Bengals for a 2nd round pick in 2015.
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]
    I'm not asking for Tebow straight-arrow.  I though Hernandez was quite ok -- pot is less dangerous than alcohol except maybe for the organized crime factor, and alcohol was illegal too in the 1920s.  Meriweather kicked some guy's head in college.  BB's guys have been caught doing roids before, and the stuff isn't safe. 

The line is drawn when the guy is a perpetual idiot off the field.  Jenkins takes the cake already.  Miami just unloaded a good wideout who messed up off the field all the time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Wouldn't you take him with the 31st pick? or would you rather take him with the 48th if he falls? I mean the players that BB has cut or traded because of problems in the locker room were because they weren't producing on the field ( big albert, meriweather and moss comes to mind, moss after the 08 season showed his true colors) you think jenkins cannot produce positive results on the field? And he will have people here in NE that could give him some advise (hernandez, jermaine and spike)have someone he can lean on,the leadership on this TEAM is outstanding. To me NE is the best case scenario for him to land, I think that sentiment is league wide. I would draft him with the 31st pick if gilmore and kirkpatrick are off the board but to ignore his talent just because he has made some questionable decisions on how he lives his life is unfair. The kid has admitted to everything that has been said about him, he's not denying it that atleast shows that he owns to his mistakes and will try to improve from the lessons learned. What makes you think that he's not a team player and that he will not buy into the "patriots way"? we can't never know if we dont try it, it's a high-risk, high-reward investment.

No I wouldn't take him at #31 or #48 and why is it unfair that no team takes him because of off the field concerns? Don't the teams spend millions and use a pick that could have been another player on them? Don't you expect the teams to get back on their investment? Look at Leshoure, how much do you think Det thinks they will get back on that investment? If they knew he was going to be busted twice for pot related offenses they would still have taken him? How about Byrant? His antics were so bad that Dal almost thought of releasing him outright this past off-season. How about Ryan Leaf? All those red flags, don't you think SD wishes they didn't overlook them? No one owes anything to these kids. They put themselves in these situations in the first place which causes the issues. Why should someone else take the risk for their problems? How about Ricky Williams and what NO's gave up for him? Our own Meri, do you think that was the right call taking him even with his red flags similar to Jenkins (fighting on field and off field) I don't think they got back what they invested. Brandon Marshall, Pacman Jones, Soward, Wendell Bryant, a good chunk of the Vikings D the list is almost endless.

From the players taking responsibility, look at two players on the Pats that have turned the corner. Mallet was considered a top 15 QB maybe even a top 10 and he fell all the way to the bottom of the 3rd. Don't you think if he could go back and change things he would? Why is it that no one called his name with all those QB needy teams? Hern had early 2nd round talent and he fell all the way to the 4th because of a couple drug failures. All that money he cost himself, don't you think he wish he could have Gronk money right now?

Fair or unfair owners are risking millions on these kids and it's up to the kids to keep themselves clean and red flag free if they want to cash in. How many stories have we heard of high talent red flag kids that fail in the league? It happens more often then successes.

To your last point, when was the last time BB to a high risk and high reward. BB's always been about minimizing the risk and maximizing the reward. Why would he change now? The few times he took higher risks/reward players (Meriweather red flags, Maroney system based concerns) nether worked out all that well. BB won't risk a 1st rounder on a kid that might not have his head fully in the game (family concerns ala Henry or Cro) or might be thrown out (arrests or drug related). Doesn't mean BB won't take those risk but only when the value far outweighs the risk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : No I wouldn't take him at #31 or #48 and why is it unfair that no team takes him because of off the field concerns? Don't the teams spend millions and use a pick that could have been another player on them? Don't you expect the teams to get back on their investment? Look at Leshoure, how much do you think Det thinks they will get back on that investment? If they knew he was going to be busted twice for pot related offenses they would still have taken him? How about Byrant? His antics were so bad that Dal almost thought of releasing him outright this past off-season. How about Ryan Leaf? All those red flags, don't you think SD wishes they didn't overlook them? No one owes anything to these kids. They put themselves in these situations in the first place which causes the issues. Why should someone else take the risk for their problems? How about Ricky Williams and what NO's gave up for him? Our own Meri, do you think that was the right call taking him even with his red flags similar to Jenkins (fighting on field and off field) I don't think they got back what they invested. Brandon Marshall, Pacman Jones, Soward, Wendell Bryant, a good chunk of the Vikings D the list is almost endless. From the players taking responsibility, look at two players on the Pats that have turned the corner. Mallet was considered a top 15 QB maybe even a top 10 and he fell all the way to the bottom of the 3rd. Don't you think if he could go back and change things he would? Why is it that no one called his name with all those QB needy teams? Hern had early 2nd round talent and he fell all the way to the 4th because of a couple drug failures. All that money he cost himself, don't you think he wish he could have Gronk money right now? Fair or unfair owners are risking millions on these kids and it's up to the kids to keep themselves clean and red flag free if they want to cash in. How many stories have we heard of high talent red flag kids that fail in the league? It happens more often then successes. To your last point, when was the last time BB to a high risk and high reward. BB's always been about minimizing the risk and maximizing the reward. Why would he change now? The few times he took higher risks/reward players (Meriweather red flags, Maroney system based concerns) nether worked out all that well. BB won't risk a 1st rounder on a kid that might not have his head fully in the game (family concerns ala Henry or Cro) or might be thrown out (arrests or drug related). Doesn't mean BB won't take those risk but only when the value far outweighs the risk.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE

You bring up mallet, and herni they both have had off-field issues. How have they worked out for the pats? herni is one of the best hybrid TE in the league, mallet could be our future QB. Don't you think jenkins can also turn the corner as did mallet and herni? I was never high on meriweather, I find jenkins way more talented than him, neither I did maroney too soft to be a feature back, he danced too much and shied away from contact. I'm not talking about the owners not wanting to take the risk of signing such a player with more personal issues than what they can handle is their money so they can do as they please. There's going to be one team that is going to take that risk because they think he's worth it. Are they wrong? we don't know that yet, only time will tell but they're going to risk their money and their pick on him based on his undeniable talent. But I'm talking about FANS who are knocking on him just because he has 4 kids with 3 different women, that's what most of them bring up to support their argument. You're right, there are alot of players that didn't pan out for their respective teams with a troubled past, but there're also players that you would like your daughter to marry that have been busts too. Most of them have been drafted way higher than what jenkins is expected to be, heck we even have one, former #2 overall pick Robert Gallery.

with what pick would you take a chance on him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : No I wouldn't take him at #31 or #48 and why is it unfair that no team takes him because of off the field concerns? Don't the teams spend millions and use a pick that could have been another player on them? Don't you expect the teams to get back on their investment? Look at Leshoure, how much do you think Det thinks they will get back on that investment? If they knew he was going to be busted twice for pot related offenses they would still have taken him? How about Byrant? His antics were so bad that Dal almost thought of releasing him outright this past off-season. How about Ryan Leaf? All those red flags, don't you think SD wishes they didn't overlook them? No one owes anything to these kids. They put themselves in these situations in the first place which causes the issues. Why should someone else take the risk for their problems? How about Ricky Williams and what NO's gave up for him? Our own Meri, do you think that was the right call taking him even with his red flags similar to Jenkins (fighting on field and off field) I don't think they got back what they invested. Brandon Marshall, Pacman Jones, Soward, Wendell Bryant, a good chunk of the Vikings D the list is almost endless. From the players taking responsibility, look at two players on the Pats that have turned the corner. Mallet was considered a top 15 QB maybe even a top 10 and he fell all the way to the bottom of the 3rd. Don't you think if he could go back and change things he would? Why is it that no one called his name with all those QB needy teams? Hern had early 2nd round talent and he fell all the way to the 4th because of a couple drug failures. All that money he cost himself, don't you think he wish he could have Gronk money right now? Fair or unfair owners are risking millions on these kids and it's up to the kids to keep themselves clean and red flag free if they want to cash in. How many stories have we heard of high talent red flag kids that fail in the league? It happens more often then successes. To your last point, when was the last time BB to a high risk and high reward. BB's always been about minimizing the risk and maximizing the reward. Why would he change now? The few times he took higher risks/reward players (Meriweather red flags, Maroney system based concerns) nether worked out all that well. BB won't risk a 1st rounder on a kid that might not have his head fully in the game (family concerns ala Henry or Cro) or might be thrown out (arrests or drug related). Doesn't mean BB won't take those risk but only when the value far outweighs the risk. Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE You bring up mallet, and herni they both have had off-field issues. How have they worked out for the pats? herni is one of the best hybrid TE in the league, mallet could be our future QB. Don't you think jenkins can also turn the corner as did mallet and herni? I was never high on meriweather, I find jenkins way more talented than him, neither I did maroney too soft to be a feature back, he danced too much and shied away from contact. I'm not talking about the owners not wanting to take the risk of signing such a player with more personal issues than what they can handle is their money so they can do as they please. There's going to be one team that is going to take that risk because they think he's worth it. Are they wrong? we don't know that yet, only time will tell but they're going to risk their money and their pick on him based on his undeniable talent. But I'm talking about FANS who are knocking on him just because he has 4 kids with 3 different women, that's what most of them bring up to support their argument. You're right, there are alot of players that didn't pan out for their respective teams with a troubled past, but there're also players that you would like your daughter to marry that have been busts too. Most of them have been drafted way higher than what jenkins is expected to be, heck we even have one, former #2 overall pick Robert Gallery. with what pick would you take a chance on him?

I mentioned Hern and Mallett because of how far they fell. Their talent far outweighed their red flags at that point and nether had as many red flags as Jenkins currently does. They were low risk high reward picks when they were taken. Picking Jenkins in the late 1st doesn't even come close to a similar value. If Jenkins fell to the 3rd I'd be first in line to welcome him to Foxboro, but then again if he screws up at that point not a big deal. They can just dump him and it only cost them a 3rd. If they take him with a 1st and he doesn't work out it's Meri all over again, much bigger risk.

The thing is bust happen all the time but I'd much rather a bust on a player that just can't keep up then one that gets thrown out of the league. Because, with those that don't keep up you know they are struggling and you can get other players to fill the role around them. If a player gets suspended for 6 games during the season it's a little hard to compensate for the sudden disappearance of a starter. That's also not to mention, those that bust because they can't play don't press contract issues, those with off-field problems they need to address with money tend to make more waves when it comes to contracts.

I'm not saying don't draft the kid, I'm saying I wouldn't touch him until the value is enough that I'd be willing to give up another kid with that pick to take him. For me that starts at #63

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

who would you like the pats to draft from pick #27 to #63?

Let's end the debate on a high note: Without all the off-field drama jenkins is a top 10-15 pick to me he's the best cover corner in the draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]who would you like the pats to draft from pick #27 to #63? Let's end the debate on a high note: Without all the off-field drama jenkins is a top 10-15 pick to me he's the best cover corner in the draft.

He's the best cover corner in the draft to me too, just to much baggage for me to take early.

At #27 or #31 I'd take a long look at Branch, Curry, McClellin, Reyes, Brockers, Barron. Short of them I'd look to move back into the next tier of players: Wolfe, Dennard, Martin (both S and DE), McNutt, Josh Robinson, Boykin, M Jones types

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : He's the best cover corner in the draft to me too, just to much baggage for me to take early. At #27 or #31 I'd take a long look at Branch, Curry, McClellin, Reyes, Brockers, Barron. Short of them I'd look to move back into the next tier of players: Wolfe, Dennard, Martin (both S and DE), McNutt, Josh Robinson, Boykin, M Jones types
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

This would be my dream draft ( I know your take on jenkins in the first round)

#27 my first choice would be to trade this pick, with the colts exclusively for a 1st next year and a second this year maybe throw a third in there. If not I would like brockers/cox/worthy/still/konz (if healthy)

#31 jenkins/gilmore/kirkpatrick/branch/perry/mercilus/hill

#48 smith/shea/chandler jones

#62 robinson/dennard/hosley/hayward/wolfe/thompson/irvin

#93 any 6'0-6'3 wr from Quick/Jones/Toon/Childs/McNutt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : How many current and former players haven't been arrested multiple times for marijuana possession? The first arrest for fighting was in self-defense( his version, haven't heard anything else to believe otherwise ) the second arrest was two years after his first. I haven't heard or read anything about him failing a drug test unless you're refering to his arrest for possession of marijuana, that was the reason why he was dismissed from the gators. Four kids with 3 different women is nothing compared to killing a person while driving drunk (stallworth), I know is more of irresponsibility for having those 4 childrens than being a bad person. Now is he not taking care of those 4 kids? Do we know the circumstances that led him to end his relationship with the mother of his 2 kids? There are alot of people in this world that have multiple kids with different women and we don't hold it against them, heck even brady has a kid with his x-girlfriend. Most people in this world deserve a second chance to redeem themselves( I don't believe those who kill innocent people, little kids, family, etc... deserves a second chance) besides that I believe in second chances. The pats locker room is strong enough to handle him, matter of fact is strong enough to handle any distraction. BB can always cut him if the team chemistry is in jeopardy, although is going to be a wasted pick but he's worth the gamble.

Leonardo
    All these problems taken together add up to an "Impulse Control Disorder". These guys are not easy to manage as they cannot manage themselves. Impulsive behavior controls their life and ultimatey effects everyone around them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Wouldn't you take him with the 31st pick? or would you rather take him with the 48th if he falls? I mean the players that BB has cut or traded because of problems in the locker room were because they weren't producing on the field ( big albert, meriweather and moss comes to mind, moss after the 08 season showed his true colors) you think jenkins cannot produce positive results on the field? And he will have people here in NE that could give him some advise (hernandez, jermaine and spike)have someone he can lean on,the leadership on this TEAM is outstanding. To me NE is the best case scenario for him to land, I think that sentiment is league wide. I would draft him with the 31st pick if gilmore and kirkpatrick are off the board but to ignore his talent just because he has made some questionable decisions on how he lives his life is unfair. The kid has admitted to everything that has been said about him, he's not denying it that atleast shows that he owns to his mistakes and will try to improve from the lessons learned. What makes you think that he's not a team player and that he will not buy into the "patriots way"? we can't never know if we dont try it, it's a high-risk, high-reward investment.

I'm sure Jenkins smoked TONS of pot with Hernandez when they were gators together, Cunningham could be cut, and Spikes has had several maturity red flags even after leaving his sex tape past behind him down in Florida

Sooooooo

just teasing you here, but don't you think there are other palyers on the 53 man roster who would give him better 'advice' than his 23-24 year old former teammates?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : This would be my dream draft ( I know your take on jenkins in the first round) #27 my first choice would be to trade this pick, with the colts exclusively for a 1st next year and a second this year maybe throw a third in there. If not I would like brockers/cox/worthy/still/konz (if healthy) #31 jenkins/gilmore/kirkpatrick/branch/perry/mercilus/hill #48 smith/shea/chandler jones #62 robinson/dennard/hosley/hayward/wolfe/thompson/irvin #93 any 6'0-6'3 wr from Quick/Jones/Toon/Childs/McNutt

Agree with the players you mocked

that Colts trade would have ZERO chance of happening, c'mon

they are going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL next year, so sending a sure-fire top 10 pick in '13 just to move up from 34 to 27 this year?? Yikes!

I'd take the Colts 3rd rd pick this year to move from 27 to 34 if there are not any players there we couldn't turn down, or if there are multiple players (say Still, Worthy, Reyes) at the same position where we have a 99% chance to get one at 31. I'd take their 4th or 5th/6th to move from 34 to 31 (maybe they'll strongly feel they need to skip the teams picking 32/33 for some reason, esp NY if Fleener is on the board)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

id take him at 27 if i had to.
    regarding other teams concerns, im counting on it. its the only reason he isnt a top 10 pick and the only reason we MIGHT have a shot at touching him.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

i know the rams and the colts had him in

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : Agree with the players you mocked that Colts trade would have ZERO chance of happening, c'mon they are going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL next year, so sending a sure-fire top 10 pick in '13 just to move up from 34 to 27 this year?? Yikes! I'd take the Colts 3rd rd pick this year to move from 27 to 34 if there are not any players there we couldn't turn down, or if there are multiple players (say Still, Worthy, Reyes) at the same position where we have a 99% chance to get one at 31. I'd take their 4th or 5th/6th to move from 34 to 31 (maybe they'll strongly feel they need to skip the teams picking 32/33 for some reason, esp NY if Fleener is on the board)
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I know the colts trade is a long shot, a very long shot at that, but a guy can dream no? The whole team is depleted, they need to add weapons for luck and if they feel the pressure to give luck a smooth transition to the NFL why not do anything for their new franchise QB? they might be tempted to do that trade because the giants and the niners might take fleener( who has raise his stock considerably since the impressive combine he had, probably is the best TE in this whole draft) And because of the colts being a bad team next year, the pats should try it, is their best chance to land a top 10 pick unless you think the raiders have a higher % to make this trade that would land us a top 15 pick or early 20's.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: J JENKINS VS AJ GREEN 4/42, JENKINS VS JULIO JONES 4/19, "BEST CORNER IN THE DRAFT" mds per pft : I'm sure Jenkins smoked TONS of pot with Hernandez when they were gators together, Cunningham could be cut, and Spikes has had several maturity red flags even after leaving his sex tape past behind him down in Florida Sooooooo just teasing you here, but don't you think there are other palyers on the 53 man roster who would give him better 'advice' than his 23-24 year old former teammates?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

rameakap I said hernandez and spike because of their age and their own experience. Don't you think is easier for jenkins to rely on hernandez, spikes and cunningham than say Tom Brady? or any other veteran? Is like a freshman H.S kid in class going to talk to a senior when he has a former Jr High friend in the same class, he'll feel more comfortable talking to his former, now current classmate. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

ALL:

Alright this "It's a sweet idea using a 1st Round Selection on Janoris Jenkins" Overall insanity, has gotta end...

It's not so much his 3 arrests, however many children b-s.  Honestly, WhoTH cares if he smokes p0t and has a few kids?  I don't...  Sheez, I'm the guy who's favorite player in the league is James Harrison, and on NE is Brandon Spikes (or DMC, who's an unfitting to my greater point right here & now).  Seriously, I WANT more psychopaths on my team.  In my opinion, Belichick should actually try to TARGET psychopaths... 

There's a difference though.  Spikes, Harrison, minus only pretentious old white conservative male's issue with Spikes filming himself sleeping with a chick while he was a 19 year old in college- With Spikes & Harrison, you DO NOT hear about their off-field issues, beit at home, or in the lockerrom, or on the sideline bench, Affecting their passion, their drive, their team chemistry, as it relates to the actual football related aspects of themselves.  These guys get bad raps for trying to kill people...But ALL their desires and passions are weighted towards being the best, the hardest, the toughest, and the most passion-filled (and inspired) players on that gameday field of play.  There are ZERO noteworthy conflictions in their personal life vs. their ability to play and shed blood (their's or someone else's) for their football squad.

And yet, we're not even getting anywhere with the hopes that Jenkins supporters might hope to recognize some greater quality found within a guy's true love (or lack thereof) and passion to play the game of football at the highest level possible, As it relates to one's continued and unfaltering professionalism and dedication towards this, the most critical of desires, Upon a football player stepping off the field at any given time.  And good grief (with jenkins), it wasn't simply his arrests that gave Myer fits at U of F, it was his locker room persona that keeps getting noted as the final straw which led to him being dumped...  At what's the issue now with jenkins, The guy hasn't even been drafted and now there's news about his agent not liking him to the point where Jenkins had to end things with that agent and find another one?!?  Man...

And, lmao...Nope, even that doesn't even remotely do it for me. <Also, here I'd like to add the sorta relevant question of: WhyInTH would we be packaging draft picks in order to move up so NE can target the position of...1st Round CORNERBACK this year? /> 

But no...  Nope.  Jenkins is- well, he's not-hmmm, "Good."  No...  He might get back to BEING good (a definate probability in light of all his off-field issues).  Jenkins was pretty good verses 2 future 1st Round NFL Wide Receivers, Julio Jones & AJ Green.  But that was in 2010...(2008-2010 Florida Gators- NOT a too shabby collection of players on that Offensive and Defensive Team overall)   And yet, HERE is 1st Round Pick Janoris Jenkins' 3 year stats while at Florida (39(!) Games btw...starting 36 of them and playing heavily in the other 3 that he didn't actually start in=39 GAMES):

3 Years and 39 Games (including Bowl Games and SEC Championship Games):
    121 Total Tackles (Combined Solos and Assists)
    25 Passes defensed
    8 Interceptions

In 2011-12, Jenkins "schooled" oppossing wideouts in DIVISION II...with a stat line at N. Alabama of: 53 TTs (decent...division II), AND for his pass d against Dividion II wideouts?  4 PDs and 2 INTs. 
    If ya need quick math help, As it relates to every game that's just about I believe now: 3/4's of 1 PD for each 1 Game, 1 in every 5 Games He'll get an INT, and finally now- How many TT's on average per game...?  A: Just about 3...3 as the grand total after you Combine Solo Tackles and Assists together.

Not enough?

Alright...here's some videos of how he performed verses The other noteable draftworthy Seniors (this year...2012...couple months ago).

#1. Day 1 Practice 1 for the South Squad at Senior Bowl Practice Week:
    <play #1-Jenkins stays at home, and gets knocked back with his rock feet-Late throw (too slow, and terrible read and react balance in off-man)- Count on that being a certified pass reception in the pros/play #2-Jenkins gets right up on the line, and actually plays extremely physical press-man coverage...before falling right down to the ground upon the wideout shrugging him off & returning just half the physicality Jenkins was using on the same wideout himself (this quality of passing defensive plays result in 20 yard gains and touchdowns in the pros) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ6gMmOPEok

#2. Practice 2- Play 1: Jenkins best play @ 1:10 while defending wideout Jeff Fuller (sort of a problem though- It might become an issue, when Jenkins isn't able to turn his head to make any sort of idk- "minor glance" at the actual ball when it gets to the WR in the NFL <ya know, just turn his head to make a play on the pass right as it's getting to the WR? /> NFL wideouts WILL have the agility to turn that underthrown ball into a catch IF and when the CB that's covering them, isn't even skilled enough to turn his head to the ball in the flight. 
    Play 2: @ 5:35...LOL!  Not only does Jenkins get beat...really, REALLY badly.  But, On an underthrown ball...a ball so underthrown that the receiver can't stop in time to actually be able to make the simple catch after burning Jenkins, Jenkins actually feels the added need to turn that bad pass, into a WOULD-BE, NFL Pass Interference call, which would've resulted in a 1st and Goal at the 5 upon the 40 or more yard PI penalty being awarded (they call this a PI in the pros when you're hitting the receiver's arms down, even if just for a fraction of a second prior to the ball getting to them).  So he first got burned, then second- turned a bad pass that wouldn't have resulted in a catch, IN-to a would-be 1st and Goal.  Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ame-J9iqZ8&feature=relmfu

#3. Day 3- How'd Jenkins do here?  Luckily, when he got caught flat-footed & slow in his QB pass-direction to WR-read & react ability on this one...it was only a pass play that went for a shade over 50 yards.  Hopefully NFL QBs won't be hitting their pro wideouts in full stride, resulting in TDs when he sees the big-time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U-J5gwllC0&feature=related

#4.  The Game itself...1st TD of the game?  Given up by Jenkins (purple helmet tumbling out of bounds while his receiver makes the TD catch @ the :40 second mark).  Play 2: Jenkins making a successful special team's tackle on the oppossing side's PR man, after the return man making a 40 yard return @ the 1:56 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2J57oxOMjU&feature=related

Finally, final play of the Senior Bowl Game (North's RB Isiah Pead, skirting down Jenkins' sideline, and Jenkins completely whiffing on Pead's juke @ the final 3:50 plus mark <5 seconds to the exact end of the clip />):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBk6TqQdCHA&feature=related

~~~

There, that's the CB we should we package picks together in order to trade up for in the 1st Round.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'd rather pray for Barron's hernia to cause him to fall, or see them get Harrison Smith

But I could live with Janoris Jenkins, assuming we hire a competent secondary coach.  The current staff literally ruined a perfectly good Devon McCourty with whatever it is they taught him over what he was doing when he was still fresh out of Rutgers, and he doesn't know how to turn and look for the ball anymore, either.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather pray for Barron's hernia to cause him to fall, or see them get Harrison Smith But I could live with Janoris Jenkins, assuming we hire a competent secondary coach.  The current staff literally ruined a perfectly good Devon McCourty with whatever it is they taught him over what he was doing when he was still fresh out of Rutgers, and he doesn't know how to turn and look for the ball anymore, either.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

separate issue nick.
    first we do need a real db coach. good luck with that. bb does trainees as coaches.

2nd, the guys you named are safeties. we still can use a top corner.
    and picking a guy who is known to be able to handle top receivers is better in my mind than hoping another guy can (bb has missed a lot on dbs)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thanks to rotoworld I just remembered a kid who's stock fell like a rock because of off-field issues (namely a twitter account about his sex life, drug use, and getting in fights over his bling). Will Hill was a blue chip coming out of HS and had a decent but not great college career and bombed at the combine. Coming out of school everyone thought he'd be a 1st rounder because he had that much talent. If it weren't for his tweeter posts (because he was never arrested) he would have been a late day 2 early day 3 pick but he didn't even get a sniff as a UDFA. Jenkins is in the same boat, the only difference is that Jenkins had a better college career and a good (not great) combine with an average senior bowl. If you didn't think these off-field concerns were an issue Will Hill is a great example of why they are