Jabar Gaffney Released !!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Jabar Gaffney Released !!

Dolphins waived WR Jabar Gaffney.

Gaffney missed last week's game with a knee injury. The tea leaves suggest the Dolphins are ready to promote rookie Rishard Matthews to the fourth receiver role going forward. Gaffney managed just four catches for 68 yards in three games with the Dolphins. The Pats may kick his tires for depth.

If he is healty i will take a flyer on him if the greg salas experiment doesnt work .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Jabar Gaffney Released !!

In response to yakv's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dolphins waived WR Jabar Gaffney.

Gaffney missed last week's game with a knee injury. The tea leaves suggest the Dolphins are ready to promote rookie Rishard Matthews to the fourth receiver role going forward. Gaffney managed just four catches for 68 yards in three games with the Dolphins. The Pats may kick his tires for depth.   If he is healty i will take a flyer on him if the greg salas experiment doesnt work .

[/QUOTE]

What???  He was released by the Patriots due to injury and now the Dolphins due to injury.... You don't see a pattern here?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

I Think  He Will be healty in the next few weeks , why not bring him for a physical ,

if he passes i will sign him , or would you have branch back , injuries happen and they are a part of the game , he will be healty and when so the pats will call him .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think as we watch these aged WR's come and go thru injury, wear and tear and the simple loss of a step, Gaff, Branch, Stallworth, Gonzalez, Ocho, Plax, TO, Troy Brown, galloway, Moss and surely many others, we must remember our gleeful and thankful chant....in BB we trust....when it comes to signing Wes to 3 years or not

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

What part of the receiver core gives you pause enough to warrent bringing in a WR with knee issues that was not only released by a team most likely not to make the playoffs but also by us in the same year for knee issues?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Just once I'd like to see a player, any player, in the NFL get released and not see a thread here talking about the Pats taking a flyer on him.  They took a flyer on this guy in training camp.  Can't we let it rest there?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Agree totally with Eng & Mike-J-D.  Miami has arguably the worst recieving corp in the league.  Why would we want to be picking through their WR scrap pile? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

well, there is the thought that the Pats with out Gronk will be playing more 3 WR sets, and right now they have 2.5 healthy WR's plus Salas. In theory, if healthy, Gaffney could come in and know the playbook, have chemistry with Brady, and play right away at most likely a higher level than Salas.

Miami knowing it is not going anywhere this year, may be of thought that they want to play the young guys to see what they have next year, and made a gentlemens agreement with Gaff that if they were out of the playoffs, they would release him to maybe find a playoff team in need

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

well, there is the thought that the Pats with out Gronk will be playing more 3 WR sets, and right now they have 2.5 healthy WR's plus Salas. In theory, if healthy, Gaffney could come in and know the playbook, have chemistry with Brady, and play right away at most likely a higher level than Salas.

Miami knowing it is not going anywhere this year, may be of thought that they want to play the young guys to see what they have next year, and made a gentlemens agreement with Gaff that if they were out of the playoffs, they would release him to maybe find a playoff team in need

[/QUOTE]

If this thought was true then Branch is just a phone call away. I'd much rather have a WR that has been playing in the system the entire year without a knee problem who couldn't even cut it on a horrible WR core. Not to mention that Gaffney will likely miss the next couple weeks to begin with so you'd have him for what 2-4weeks at most which 1-2 weeks might be meaningless? Just doesn't make much sense. Branch would be the better option in that case

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If this thought was true then Branch is just a phone call away. I'd much rather have a WR that has been playing in the system the entire year without a knee problem who couldn't even cut it on a horrible WR core. Not to mention that Gaffney will likely miss the next couple weeks to begin with so you'd have him for what 2-4weeks at most which 1-2 weeks might be meaningless? Just doesn't make much sense. Branch would be the better option in that case

[/QUOTE]

I thought Gaffneys issue was his quad. He did play 51 snaps 2 weeks ago but was inactive last week, due to what I thought was not picking up the west coast offense. I thought him healthy, where as Branch is 3-4 weeks away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's done.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's done.

[/QUOTE]

He might be, but he might still be bett than Salas

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Who would you cut to bring him on anyway?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Mystery of Jabar Gaffney release by Miami Wednesday might be solved: He was suspended by NFL Thursday for next two games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What gets you 2 games?  A failed IQ test?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seymonster. Show seymonster's posts

weeed