Jags/ Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Jags/ Pats

Mallet looks great. Thinking BB might end up grooming Hoyer for the quality trade and keep Mallet for the Brady successor type role (thinking well ahead)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I think they'll keep Edelman. He worked out all off-season with Brady so surely that would translate, right? I think so.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

...funny thing is that Vereen was the RB catching Mike Reiss' attention before he was injured.  The RB corps. this year could be extremely dynamic.....not to get carried away - but looked good tonight.

Only negative was ball protection early.....especially with Hernandez.  He looked like he was moving just fine though!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

In Response to Re: Jags/ Pats:
    Wow.  Both QBs impressive.  Think I like Mallet better, though.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Me too. If one gets cut it's Hoyer for sure even though Hoyer is more game ready. If I were GM on another team I'd be waiting in line to pick up Hoyer if the Pats don't hold 3 qbs. 

Oh nice missed tackle there Butler. He's looking like a lost cause. He's doing nothing to prove he should make the cut. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Mallet looks great. Thinking BB might end up grooming Hoyer for the quality trade and keep Mallet for the Brady successor type role (thinking well ahead)
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

love the Avatar....that lady makes me want to gouge out my eardrums.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Richard made that sack while engaged with 2 linemen.  Sweet

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

So far for me stars of the game so far: Price Ridley Solder Fletcher Needs work: Love - being moved off the C position in the 1st quarter. As a NT he can't let the C dictate where he goes Butler - blown coverage after blown coverage Cunningham - he's been solid and unlike Butler hasn't missed an assignment yet but, if he's going to be the primary edge rusher he needs to develop a couple more moves and take advantage when the interior rush drives the QB out of the pocket. He's been pushed around the QB and stopped dead to many times. He either needs to drive the blocker back into the QB or develop a move to prevented being pushed around the QB
    Posted by PatsEng

I agree, Cunningham needs a compass to find the QB...you can't just go upfield and think the QB will be there. He did the exact same thing in college! Every time I see pressure it's coming from Anderson, he's nowhere near perfect, but he's getting there more often than not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Wow, Pats are impressive.
    Hoyer and Mallet look great.
    I think Mallet will be a keeper. The real deal.
    Hoyer definetly has starting QB for another team written all over him.

I have never really seen Ridley play, but WOW, really impressive night.
    Him and BJGE, Woodhead, and Ridley, the team is stacked at RB. Looks like Faulk may have a hart time making this team.

Price looks nice as does Hernandez.

For a game after 7 practices t his team looks several notches above the other teams playing in the NFL tonight.
    Give Belichick and the coaching staff some credit.

This looks to be a VERY good team after 1 preseason game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It's just Butler being Butler.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Maybe but he'd have to hold 3 qbs which he doesn't normally do in a year where they have so many talented players. I think the only reason to hold Hoyer after seeing this show by Mallet is that he's more game ready in case of a Brady injury not to groom him to get a draft pick. At this point Mallet looks like he can back Brady up so Hoyer could be a tough cut but necessary. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In Response to Re: Jags/ Pats : Me too. If one gets cut it's Hoyer for sure even though Hoyer is more game ready. If I were GM on another team I'd be waiting in line to pick up Hoyer if the Pats don't hold 3 qbs.  Oh nice missed tackle there Butler. He's looking like a lost cause. He's doing nothing to prove he should make the cut. 
    Posted by Macrawn

The Pats will keep 3 QB's. No way Hoyer or Mallet get released. They are too valuable.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

From what I've seen, your team looks great.  The QB's are playing nicely and the running back (they only really have shown offense on NFLN) looks like he's got a motor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Ridley was a reach. lmao
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Top-shelf whiskey is a reach too . . .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Well, if they only go with 2 qbs, edelman will most likely stay.  I cant see letting one go, but they need some space for their 10 rbs and 19 d linemen.  YES, I'M EXAGGERATING.  well, not about the d linemen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Run it up Boys

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sweet Arm

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Maybe but he'd have to hold 3 qbs which he doesn't normally do in a year where they have so many talented players."

He doesn't normally do it but I think he'll find a way this year. First off, Mallet isn't ready to be a #2 just yet and second Hoyer is going to be a valuable trade chip I think.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

" Maybe but he'd have to hold 3 qbs which he doesn't normally do in a year where they have so many talented players." He doesn't normally do it but I think he'll find a way this year. First off, Mallet isn't ready to be a #2 just yet and second Hoyer is going to be a valuable trade chip I think.

Agree.
    Ridley is pretty quick and shifty w/power. Looks to have all the tools a RB needs!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Why did the Pats waste their picks on running backs again? LOL

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Patriots look awesome tonight. Mallet is the future.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

YEAH BABY!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

I have to agree with all the great comments you guys have made... mallet looks like a pro the way he's running the offence.. he's making look very easy..

see jets that's how you draft QB's lets go pats

Sections
Shortcuts