Jags think they can win this one!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSFAN2. Show RSFAN2's posts

Jags think they can win this one!

As a Pats fan fan living in the south I have to listen to local sports talk radio. And it started early this morning. "Pats are not the team they use to be, they are beatable and we can beat them, get your playoff tickets" Tony Boselli"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Jags think they can win this one!

I hate to say it,but they are right.the pats this year are not the pats of years past.the next two games will be real hard for this years pats.if they play like they did against the bills on the offense side,and run defence.it will be two losse,s for them.the plus side is.if the pats win next week they can rest there starters in the final game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

As they should.  Pats aren't looking all that good. Jags aren't looking all that bad. I'm just glad we're playing at home.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Jags think they can win this one!:
    [QUOTE]As a Pats fan fan living in the south I have to listen to local sports talk radio. And it started early this morning. "Pats are not the team they use to be, they are beatable and we can beat them, get your playoff tickets" Tony Boselli"
    Posted by RSFAN2[/QUOTE]

The Pats are beatable unfortunately but Jacksonville is going to have to come up here in 20 degree weather to do that. Sounds like that loss to the Colts has made them pretty confident. They must think they can almost beat anybody now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]As a Pats fan fan living in the south I have to listen to local sports talk radio. And it started early this morning. "Pats are not the team they use to be, they are beatable and we can beat them, get your playoff tickets" Tony Boselli"
    Posted by RSFAN2[/QUOTE]

Really!? How could they think that!? A professional football team with playoff aspirations thinking they can win a football game. That is odd.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"Pats are not the team they use to be, they are beatable and we can beat them, get your playoff tickets"

Loser talk. Everyone is "beatable" if you have the talent and desire. Pats aren't what they used to be but Jaguars are the same as always...a "tough" team ( calling losing football players tough is like calling losing boxers courageous ) that "makes noise".
    Go Pats!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from number1troll. Show number1troll's posts

[QUOTE] ... "Pats are not the team they use to be...
    Posted by RSFAN2[/QUOTE]
    The problem is the Jags are the team they've always been. They would have to score first and run run run the ball to have a chance of beating the Pats. And Nelson needs to be replaced or Moss/Welker will have him for lunch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

In Response to Re: Jags think they can win this one!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Jags think they can win this one! : Really!? How could they think that!? A professional football team with playoff aspirations thinking they can win a football game. That is odd.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the insights EN - hence the heavy sarcasm from me as well.  This will be another tough game, and I like that.  Battle tested heading into January is not a bad thing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Posted by RSFAN2[/QUOTE]

OK, "get your playoff tickets" struck me funny because they wouldn't get a playoff game at home and if they did you might be able to buy walk up tickets. (just joking) :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

we just need to keep improving and with Taylor returning, it will be very difficult to stop the Patriots offense if they commit to running the ball the way they have lately.  i am concerned with the injuries though.  hopefully kaczur STAYS OUT.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

So the Jags and or the fans shouldn't be confident? Why not. They are coming off almost knocking off Indy and are in the playoff hunt. There isn't one team in the NFL that I would be 100% confident we would beat. It's just not that type of year for  the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Jags are a decent team not to be overlooked.  They have always played the Pats pretty hard and this is not a guaranteed win, sorry guys. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

The Jags will learn from what they did wrong against indy which was not playing them at the line and bumping or rerounting them.  They will not make the same mistakes against the Pats, this will be a tough game for the Pats to win. 

I agree with the talks that this game is in reach of the Jags. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What team, and their fans, wouldn't feel confident they can win, regardless of the odds?

Case in point..  the Carolina Panthers..  they lost to the Pats 20-10 last week and then go and dominate the Vikings last night.  You think Vikings fans saw that game and thought the Panthers would be toast against their dominating Vikings?  I guess Jags fans feel the effort put up against the Colts is one that can be repeated against the Pats.  Jags fans may also forget the Pats were quite short-handed yesterday.  Next Sunday is a totally different day!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

What they said is true.  They are not the team that won the super bowls 5 going on 6 years ago.  They are, and have been, beatable, and may have lost yesterday if they weren't playing a weak team with a young QB who outplayed Brady statistically yesterday. A winis a win, but if they do not get their players back in time, it will be a short year again.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

The spread opened up at eight and I think that's high. If we can run the same D as yesterday with Wilfork and Warren healthy I like our chances but the Jags are for real. They're a better team than the Bills and we need way more out of the offense in the second half.
    As for them thinking they can win, I still think the Pats can win the superbowl?

Isn't that what you do?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

A huge game if there ever was one for the Patriots this season.  Win against Jacksonville and give all the nicked-up starters a well deserved rest the following week.  I don't like the idea of the Patriots playing for their season in Houston.  Too much risk and the Patriots could use the rest.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Big game for the pats because of thec circumstances, not the team. Yea their a tough, gritty, blah, blah team. Sorry im not afraid of them. U shut down MJD, goodnite. Sorry dont mean to sound over confident, but their not gonna come in here n blow us out or blow out a candle. I luv it when teams come off a loss w/ a moral victory. Texans, thats a different story, last game of the year, home game, quick strike offense, and when healthy, I like their D.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

SICO, I gotta disagree. They have a few extra days to rest and prepare and if they play anything like they did in Indy the Pats are going to have a problem. Shutting down Drew is a big deal but it isn't all these guys have. Don't get me wrong I think they come out with a win but it isn't going to be easy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

and the Lakers with Jerry West still feel their team was better than the Celts when we beat them.  Losers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Jags hang around, as they often do, then Del Rio goes comatose, ahh...you know the  outcome...Jags on the road...2-3 turnovers for Garrard, Bironas makes it a game...they lose, get kudos for effort and heart, then plan on a blacked-out 10,000 fan "Homecoming"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

with fred adding fuel to the fire dosent help.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/22/del-rio-throws-barb-at-fred-taylor-before-matchup/

Sections
Shortcuts