Jaguars @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Re: Jaguars @ Patriots REPORT CARD

Tex, Once Again your Grades are Spot on.

Good Solid effort across the board.... 

I would give a game ball to MOSS.... 3 TD's and a beast in the Red Zone.....

Nice to See Sanders, Springs and Taylor Contribute.... this seems to be a different team of late.....

Also one other Point... The 20-10 Carolina Win is looking better by the week!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Tex, it was also nice to see the Pats target a receiver other than Wes or Randy this week!  Timely 1st downs to Baker, Edlemen, Watson and Aiken!

It seems that they have stopped playing Vanilla on both sides of the ball....   Gives me some hope..... although, on the road in the playoffs will be tough!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAT-from-India. Show PAT-from-India's posts

The best part is without thier best players on DL Wilfork & warren they were able to contain MJD....

Hope they keep playing this way....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Maroney, imo, had crossed the plane before the ball was ripped out BUT because of the ruling that it was a fumble BB had no choice but to hold him accountable for yet another long drive that ended with nothing.

Welker is to the Patriots as Manning is to the Colts. Patriots record without Welker would be 5 - 10. Welker = MVP

Sammy Morris appears to be back to his old self just in time for the playoffs and Vollmer needs to stay in there, Kaczur needs to stay injured, the OL is WAY BETTER with Vollmer over Kaczur.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

3 TD's any week deserves a game ball.

Great Report Card.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Justin71. Show Justin71's posts

I think Brady is finally fully fit, his throws were great and he seemed to be making progressions easily.  The Pats traditionally hit a lot of recievers, as they did in this game, if this is not a fluke performance I think the team is playoff ready.  The D is gelling, I'd like to see Wilfork and Warren back, but I think the biggest potential playoff changer would be if a certain OLB would pick up his play.  That said Merriweather /Mayo are amazing to watch, they will hit you from the other side of the field.  I am a little worried about our secondary versus the Colts, but I think they have the character to keep it fair.

Game Ball goes to Moss. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

A blow out win is always good,but i wouldnt call the jags a great team.there defense is ranked 21st in the league.27th against the pass,and 16th against the run.and there offense is ranked 20th.but i will take the win regardless.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjhenne. Show rjhenne's posts

Right on with your grades Tex, best game of the season. Meriweather should get a game ball as well, the stop on 3rd down and one was huge early in the game.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Very good grades and completely agree, unlike you I have not liked LM.  He hasn't fumbled much before because he only saw limited time due to injuries or better RB play from other guys.  He is built for short yardage, if he fumbles like this he cannot be trusted to punch it in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

This was a good matchup for the Pats because the Jags have an awful pass rush. If Brady stays upright and is not hit, he can kill you. Great to see the Pats running now - not sure why we have started that so late.

Is it just me or does Fred Taylor look really smooth running forward and breaking in and out. I know he fumbled but Maroney looked good too.

I am careful not to get too excited about a game against the Bills and Jags. We match up well against those teams. But a win is a win and it felt nice.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Tex, I think your grades are right, provided it is clear that the average performance by each unit in the NFL every week is a C.  So in other weeks when the team "only" plays average but still manages to win, they deserve our praise and admiration.  But it's also nice to acknowledge when they stand out above the pack.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I have to agree this was probably our most complete game (on Offense - passing and running - and on Defense) discounting the Tennessee game (might as well have played the local high school team).

Jaguars, though not a great team this year, was absolutely decent and were playing for a shot at the playoffs. MJD is a one-man army and Garrard is a decent QB.

Was a marvelous (belated) Christmas gift. And Indy laying down was the icing :-)

Excited about the playoffs.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I guess I would rank this game as best of season so far- because it was a complete effort. The Jags came to play the Titans were waving the white flag early on in that blow out- and given the ups and downs of this season- it really looked like the team and coaches were firing on all cylinders. Most of all they played all 60 minutes. Nice.
    Feeling more hopeful for the post season.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

This was a great win, and I think as some have posted as well as you TP seeing 60 MINUTES of dominant football in all phases of the game.  The Tenn win was great as well, but that team looked like Foxboro high at the time.  NE does match up well against NE, but this was a playoff game for both teams, and only one showed up.  That is telling.  Brady's performance was outstanding, and it reminded me more of 2003 with the precision passes from 10-30 yards, not just going over the top every other series.  Add to that the mix of the running game, and the ball hawking defense.  I would also give a game ball to James Sanders, as his play on the 4th down was tremendous, and Merriweather seems to play with more confidence with his veteran presence back there.  I am not punching the ticket to Miami just yet, but neither SD or Indy want to see NE head to their place in the 2nd round. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

My vote for best game would be the first 3 quarters against the Colts - the Patriots were dominating the Colts and looked like they could beat the world

They lost more than the game in the 4th quarter of the Indy game, they lost their swagger - they really looked like they might have gotten some of it back yesterday - it really looked like men against boys vs the Jags - who came in with a rep for tough, physical play.

I have a bigger question: do the Pats play all the healthy starters next week and build on the momentum they generated this week?

Spot on grades as usual

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

C.) SPECIAL TEAMS: Didn't give up any big plays, but didn't make any, either. Kick-off returns are still awful...and punting efficiency bears watching:
    GRADE: C;

I hate seeing Wes out there for punts.  Put Faulk out there with the sole purpose of making a fair catch.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

TP, speaking of Pollard.... 

I may have the movie wrong, I think it was the "Final Yard", in which the o-line lets the defender come in clean only to have the QB throw the football right at the players gonads!  Is that justice for Pollard or what??!!

Sections
Shortcuts