Jaime Collins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Jaime Collins

Who does this guy remind you of? When they drafted him he reminded me of a young Lawrence Taylor with his frame and explosiveness - they are the same height and I hadn't seen too many guys burst off the edge like they both do. Then I was thinking Von Miller...same size...another one of those freakish explosive types off the edge.

The (physical) comparison between Miller and Collins are interesting...

Miller ran a 4.53 at 246lbs at the combine...Collins ran a 4.6 weighing 250.

Arm length (Miller 33 1/4)  (Collins 33 3/4)

10 yard split (Miller 1.57)   (Collins 1.58)

Bench press (Miller 21 reps)   (Collins 19)

And this is where it gets a little interesting...

Broad jump  (Collins 11 feet!! 7 inches!!)  (Miller 10 feet 7 inches)  Collins holds the combine record for the broad jump. How the explosive do you have to be to jump like that? At that weight? Amazing. Collins jumped a foot further than the number 2 overall pick in the draft.

Vertical  (Collins 41.5 inches!!!!!)    (Miller 37 inches...which is pretty good in his own right) Think about this for a second...Collins jumped 4.5 inches higher than Miller...that's a lot. I wonder how many 250 pound guys have ever had a 41.5 vertical?

We already know that Collins is a much different player than Miller - he can play in space and cover like few guys can, but it looks to me like he has the skill set to play off the edge and make a serious impact. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a chance to see a lot more of that from him this season, because guys that are as explosive as him (with his size) can get after the quarterback. I saw him show signs in the post season that he could be an absolute nightmare for opposing quarterbacks, I'd love to see more of that. I'm thinking this guy will get 8 sacks this year and I think that's a conservative number. What do you think? Of course he may be forced to play out in space and cover a lot...it's a passing league and our other linebackers can't cover, but I can dream.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Jaime Collins

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

I am going to pull a lack of reading comprehension Cupcake move right there..watch this:

"COllins = Lawrence Taylor" - Mt Hurl, 2014

bawhahahhaha!

That is what you, TFB12 or one of your toolish buddies would do if I made a skill set and physical attribute comparison to Lawrence Taylor, even though it is very clear Taylor is not being compared to Collins.

Then, you'd lie for years and years saying I made such a comparison, comparing the two players statuses or careers in the NFL.  

Just thought I'd accurately point that out.

Collins reminds me of a faster, shorter, more athletic Charles Haley. I said this last year.  Haley was 3 inches taller, but the body build and skill set is uncanny with some very small differences.

Collins should be able to add some girth to his lower body as he grows more, so I can see him being moved to OLB when BB wants to use the 3-4.

Well see the difference in what I wrote, compared to what you write is quite different, I'll give you some examples...

Smith is a better quarterback than Brady.

Brady = Tony Romo

Cunningham is a better player than Carlos Dunlap will ever be.

Merriweather is the 3rd best safety in the AFC.

Arrington is the best slot corner in the nfl.

Curtis Martin can NOT catch footballs.

jake Ballard is basically Dave Thomas

Adrian Wilson will change our defense and play at an all pro level in our big nickel...he will never have to come off the field.

Ocho Cinco's career was ruined by Brady.

This is the best receiving core we have ever had - even better than 07___said during the 2011 off season, two months before any of those guys even had a single practice (they were all cut before their fifth training camp session).

All I was pointing out is that at a very young age Collins has the freakish ability of a young Lawrence Taylor...he plays for the same coach that developed Taylor...Belichick sang this kid's praise like I have never heard him before. Now I'm not saying Collins will be Lawrence Taylor, but rest assured if he doesn't have that type of career you'll just blame it on Brady. It's all you're capable of. Taylor had freakish raw strength - Collins doesn't have that - but he's got the other freak qualities about him...and he will get stronger. We are talking about a kid with rare ability, working with a coach who is the best...this is a lot different than an undrafted, limited free agent, working with the best coach. This is real.

And Collins is nothing like Haley, last year you said Chandler Jones reminded you of Haley...I know because you wrote it on a thread I started...and I agreed with you. You dipping into the pain meds a little early today?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I am going to pull a lack of reading comprehension Cupcake move right there..watch this:

bawhahahhaha!

That is what you, TFB12 or one of your toolish buddies would do if I made a skill set and physical attribute comparison to Lawrence Taylor, even though it is very clear Taylor is not being compared to Collins.

Then, you'd lie for years and years saying I made such a comparison, comparing the two players statuses or careers in the NFL.  

Collins reminds me of a faster, shorter, more athletic Charles Haley. I said this last year.  Haley was 3 inches taller, but the body build and skill set is uncanny with some very small differences.

Collins should be able to add some girth to his lower body as he grows more, so I can see him being moved to OLB when BB wants to use the 3-4.

[/QUOTE]

Well see the difference in what I wrote, compared to what you write is quite different, I'll give you some examples...

Brady = Tony Romo

Adrian Wilson will change our defense and play at an all pro level in our big nickel...he will never have to come off the field.

This is the best receiving core we have ever had - even better than 07___said during the 2011 off season, two months before any of those guys even had a single practice (they were all cut before their fifth training camp session).

All I was pointing out is that at a very young age Collins has the freakish ability of a young Lawrence Taylor...he plays for the same coach that developed Taylor...Belichick sang this kid's praise like I have never heard him before. Now I'm not saying Collins will be Lawrence Taylor, but rest assured if he doesn't have that type of career you'll just blame it on Brady. It's all you're capable of.

And Collins is nothing like Haley, last year you said Chandler Jones reminded you of Haley...I know because you wrote it on a thread I started...and I agreed with you. You dipping into the pain meds a little early today?

[/QUOTE]

I never said any one of those examples, though. The best lie is the Meriweather one. I could not stand his low IQ and high tackling flaws, yet somehow I, me, said he was the "3rd best in the NFL"? Laughable. To this day, LAUGHABLE.  The Pro Bowl coaches that selected him as the back up to Weddle 2 years in a row pointed to him being the 2nd best in the AFC in 2009 and 2010, yes. That's an indisputable fact just like 2+2 does not equal 5 like you think it does or Brady is a god in the postseason since 2005 and everyone else has ruined his legacy like you think it does.  LOL

You just proved my point perfectly. Thanks!

Chandler Jones has some Haley in him, too.  Neither Collins nor Jones are a perfect match for what Haley did, height for starters.    Each is very much a hybrid/jack of all trade kind of a player. Absolutely. Just like Haley.

The rangy frames are the closest things within their physical make up which remind me of a Haley kind of player. Haley had a very unique skill set, which is why it's hard to categorize players like that.

Keep lying, though, Cupcake and enjoy your golden steering wheel on your crappy Camaro. lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bawhahahhaha!

[/QUOTE]

Brady = Tony Romo

All I was pointing out is that at a very young age Collins has the freakish ability of a young Lawrence Taylor...he plays for the same coach that developed Taylor...Belichick sang this kid's praise like I have never heard him before. Now I'm not saying Collins will be Lawrence Taylor, but rest assured if he doesn't have that type of career you'll just blame it on Brady. It's all you're capable of.

[/QUOTE]

I never said any one of those examples, though. The best lie is the Meriweather one. I could not stand his low IQ and high tackling flaws, yet somehow I, me, said he was the "3rd best in the NFL"? Laughable. To this day, LAUGHABLE.  The Pro Bowl coaches that selected him as the back up to Weddle 2 years in a row pointed to him being the 2nd best in the AFC in 2009 and 2010, yes. That's an indisputable fact just like 2+2 does not equal 5 like you think it does or Brady is a god in the postseason since 2005 and everyone else has ruined his legacy like you think it does.  LOL

Chandler Jones has some Haley in him, too.  Neither Collins nor Jones are a perfect match for what Haley did, height for starters.    Each is very much a hybrid/jack of all trade kind of a player. Absolutely. Just like Haley.

The rangy frames are the closest things within their physical make up which remind me of a Haley kind of player. Haley had a very unique skill set, which is why it's hard to categorize players like that.

Keep lying, though, Cupcake and enjoy your golden steering wheel on your crappy Camaro. lol

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe how far off you are...do you watch football? You ever see Haley play safety? You ever see Haley run 30 yards down the field covering backs and tight ends? How about receivers? Because that's what Collins did last year and in college. Haley was a 43, hand in the dirt end...I can see the comparison to Chandler, sure, but nowhere near Collins (different build, different height, different position).

And you did say all of that stuff...and more. Hey if you ever want to see if you can make it in Massachusetts I have an apartment you can rent from me, you just need to fill out your Section 8 voucher. Lol!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

bawhahahhaha!

Brady = Tony Romo

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I can't believe how far off you are...do you watch football? You ever see Haley play safety? You ever see Haley run 30 yards down the field covering backs and tight ends? How about receivers? Because that's what Collins did last year and in college. Haley was a 43, hand in the dirt end...I can see the comparison to Chandler, sure, but nowhere near Collins (different build, different height, different position).

And you did say all of that stuff...and more. Hey if you ever want to see if you can make it in Massachusetts I have an apartment you can rent from me, you just need to fill out your Section 8 voucher. Lol!

[/QUOTE]

Your reading comprehension is just awful as proven again here. I never said Collins is a perfect or direct match for Haley. This is just proving my point.

Also, Arrington was the best rated nickel in 2012. That's a fact.  PFF had him rated the best in the AFC in his snaps at the position.  It's not hard to figure out. He's a superb nickel.

As for Alex Smith, yes, in 2011 his TD/INT ratio was VASTLY superior to Brady's as Brady was on pace to shatter his own personal INT rate in 2011 heading into November. Christ, he threw 3 dropped INT's vs the Jets, one by your favorite 1st rd draft pick, Kylie Wilson, remember?

LOL

Haley was ABSOLUTELY NOT just a 4-3 DE with a hand in the dirt. Did you really just say that? LOL!!!!

I can still hear Madden drooling over how many different positions he played in SF and Dallas.  Yep.  Leave it to you to completely expose your lack of knowledge.  Priceless.

Did you just claim to be a landlord now too?  Gee, you sure claim to be a lot of things.  A Home Ec teacher, a slum lord and some briliant football analyst.  

Try getting to a local community college so you can see how dumb you've been mocking BB in the cap era, as he's blown away the field since 2000 putting out 12 win teams every year based on his teambuilding strategies, not just because of Brady.

"Collins = Lawrence Taylor" - Mt Hurl, 2014

LMAO

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

bawhahahhaha!

Brady = Tony Romo

jake Ballard is basically Dave Thomas

All I was pointing out is that at a very young age Collins has the freakish ability of a young Lawrence Taylor...he plays for the same coach that developed Taylor...Belichick sang this kid's praise like I have never heard him before. Now I'm not saying Collins will be Lawrence Taylor, but rest assured if he doesn't have that type of career you'll just blame it on Brady. It's all you're capable of. Taylor had freakish raw strength - Collins doesn't have that - but he's got the other freak qualities about him...and he will get stronger. We are talking about a kid with rare ability, working with a coach who is the best...this is a lot different than an undrafted, limited free agent, working with the best coach. This is real.

[/QUOTE]

If the Bean Queen hadn't actually said all of those things, it would be funny.  Instead, it's pathetic.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Collins reminds me of Jack Ham. Good coverage LB, who can do almost everything, now does he use the ole noggin to get better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

"A versatile defensive player, Haley began his career as a specialty outside linebacker, eventually progressing to pass-rusher and finally full-fledged defensive end."

LOL @ Mt Hurl proclaiming Haley was only a one dimensional 4-3 DE. 

It's just pee your pants comical.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Collins reminds me of Jack Ham.

[/QUOTE]

Just curious, but how so?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

He covers good, very important, slender and tall. Will blitz and do a good job. I just hope he gains intelligence at one of the most important Positions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

He covers good, very important, slender and tall. Will blitz and do a good job. I just hope he gains intelligence at one of the most important Positions.

[/QUOTE]

I think he is much faster and way more athletic than Ham was.  Ham had great IQ for the position, sure.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Russ last year he covered Thomas the WO on a number of plays, that's what I'm talking about. Athletic, now just get smarter, he'll be complete package.

Ham was fast for a LB. No problem with TE's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Collins reminds me of Jack Ham. Good coverage LB, who can do almost everything, now does he use the ole noggin to get better.

[/QUOTE]

I certainly see the Jack Ham comparison. Ham was smaller then Collins though but he had some speed and could certainly cover. Good call!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

"A versatile defensive player, Haley began his career as a specialty outside linebacker, eventually progressing to pass-rusher and finally full-fledged defensive end."

[/QUOTE]

I don't care that you googled Haley and found some meaningless quote - Charles Haley is known as a pass rushing defensive end. Yeah he played outside early in his career, but his true position was defensive end. You can say the same about Willie McGinnest...you can call him a linebacker, but he was more of an end/elephant position player. You can say the same for fifty other guys who played an elephant roll and were asked to cover ten yards to the left of them, it's not the same as what Collins did last year and in college.

If you think Haley played like Collins - who actually played safety in college at one point - you are nuts...certifiable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Collins and Von Miller comparison is interesting too.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

I don't care that you googled Haley and found some meaningless quote - Charles Haley is known as a pass rushing defensive end. Yeah he played outside early in his career, but his true position was defensive end. You can say the same about Willie McGinnest...you can call him a linebacker, but he was more of an end/elephant position player. You can say the same for fifty other guys who played an elephant roll and were asked to cover ten yards to the left of them, it's not the same as what Collins did last year and in college.

If you think Haley played like Collins - who actually played safety in college at one point - you are nuts...certifiable.

[/QUOTE]

How many times did I say above that the skill sets are NOT a direct match?  EVen you referencing Lawrence Taylor proves that, but I see where you're going with that.

Just like you should see guys like Aldon Smith, Chandler Jones and yes, even the rangy and still growing Jamie Collins, as versatile as what Haley was.

Why is deeper thinking so difficult for you?  Inbreeding like Bustchise?

What they share is versatility and not losing quality of play. BB even had Chandler at DT at times.  Get it?

Veratility on top of their body style is where the similarities lie with these kinds of players. You were the one who claimed Haley was only a 4-3 DE, which is embarrassing for you to get caught up in, since that couldn't be any further from the truth.

The definition of "versatility" has a picture of Haley next to it in the dictionary.

If Haley was not versatile, Googling that word and Haley would yield no results, dummy.

Just walk away...You've been shown up again, but only after you tried to show me up with it now backfiring, which is always what happens when you try to talk down someone clearly more intelligent and more knowlegdeable than yourself on these topics.

Enjoy!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How many times did I say above that the skill sets are NOT a direct match?  EVen you referencing Lawrence Taylor proves that, but I see where you're going with that.

Just like you should see guys like Aldon Smith, Chandler Jones and yes, even the rangy and still growing Jamie Collins, as versatile as what Haley was.

What they share is versatility and not losing quality of play. BB even had Chandler at DT at times.  Get it?

Veratility on top of their body style is where the similarities lie with these kinds of players. You were the one who claimed Haley was only a 4-3 DE, which is embarrassing for you to get caught up in, since that couldn't be any further from the truth.

The definition of "versatility" has a picture of Haley next to it in the dictionary.

If Haley was not versatile, Googling that word and Haley would yield no results, dummy.

Just walk away...You've been shown up again, but only after you tried to show me up with it now backfiring, which is always what happens when you try to talk down someone clearly more intelligent and more knowlegdeable than yourself on these topics.

Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Oh now I see the comparison...they both play football. Come to think of it I'm probably a good comparison as well, I'm 6'2" and play hockey. Very similar! 

Nice work moron.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

QUOTE]

Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

Oh now I see the comparison...they both play football. Come to think of it I'm probably a good comparison as well, I'm 6'2" and play hockey. Very similar! 

Nice work moron.

[/QUOTE]

You don't play hockey.  I would skate circles around you on the ice.  I can tell. You're some overweight quasi athlete who lives in the past.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

Last time I checked, Collins hasn't done anything in the NFL yet.  Hopefully, he will develop into something decent - because our defense sure does need help.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

There have probably been hundreds of guys that had the exact same combine numbers as Lawerence Taylor over the years, but none of them ever became Lawerence Taylor. Collins showed some interesting diverse skills at the end of last season but did he remind anyone of the best defensive player in the history of the NFL?? Come on. Let the kid develop hopefully he will be a productive player. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Last time I checked, Collins hasn't done anything in the NFL yet.  Hopefully, he will develop into something decent - because our defense sure does need help.

[/QUOTE]

The dude dominated when finally given the chance, Heck he single handedly ruined the Colts.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3953710. Show user_3953710's posts

Why does this forum always have to turn into a b***h fest between everyone instead of talking about football.  I know I don't have 10000 post like most of the people here but I have been reading these for years. It would just be nice to see one topic start on a football topic and stay the  course instead of all the high school drama back and forth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He did nothing?? He only looked like the best cover linebacker we have had in a decade, then towards the end of the season they rushed him off the edge and looked like the most explosive guy on the roster. I'd say that is a little more than nothing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to user_3953710's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why does this forum always have to turn into a b***h fest between everyone instead of talking about football.  I know I don't have 10000 post like most of the people here but I have been reading these for years. It would just be nice to see one topic start on a football topic and stay the  course instead of all the high school drama back and forth.

[/QUOTE]

Why does it always turn into a giant argument?? You said yourself you've been reading the forum for years...ever hear of rusty? He's the first person that chimed in on this thread and ruined it before it even began, in fact he's single handedly ruined this entire forum. Things are different over on the Bruin's forum, there they control him and cast him out, here most people leave or let him bully them. 

Sections
Shortcuts