Jake Long signs with Rams, sets the market for Seabass..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Jake Long signs with Rams, sets the market for Seabass..

8.5 mil per....

I figure seabass gets 6mi perl 10-14 mil gauranteed?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/18/jake-long-agrees-to-terms-with-rams/

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Re: Jake Long signs with Rams, sets the market for Seabass..

Doubt he gets that from us... Just my opinion.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

The Pats offer will be nowhere near that for Vollmer, doubt if BB will give him more than 6 millions a year for more than 3 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Im the REAL KING. Show Im the REAL KING's posts

No one will pay him 6mill a year

...He's too much a risk health wise. Most of his contract will be incentive based with the only guarentee being, 1 Asian massage girl twice a week from Gronks groupie pool! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

LT is 8-10M/yr for the top end. RT is 5-7M for the top end. With Vollmers health problems a team has to have a good back-up for 2 to 4 games every year so I doubt he gets more than 5-6M with incentives. I would guess the Pats offer is 5M with maybe a total of 10M guaranteed. He may get a better offer, but not necessarily. RT is home to failed left tackles and there are a fair number of failed LT.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

That's one of the problems.  Seabass isn't a failed LT as far as ability goes.  He can play that spot and this is what makes him valuable.  The main problem is his health and ability to stay on the field.  which hurts him whether you're playing LT or RT.     

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Given what Long got, I don't see Seabass getting a deal that isn't loaded with conditions re: his health from BB.  Perhaps elsewhere but not here.  Be surprised if it were $6 mil per.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Sounds like your opinion of smith is way higher then mine.  That guy isn't worth 3m per.  The true definition of a bust.  I think it took him 3 years to see the field he broke his foot twice I think.  He must have stepped in some Carson Palmer dust. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Phins and Eagles going hard on Vollmer

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

I see him getting $6 million gauranteed . . .  and a 4 year deal worth $25 million but more loaded on the back end so the team that signs him can back out if his back acts up . . . thought about this a week (weak) back!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

ESPN Boston believes the Patriots' "best hope" to re-sign free agent RT Sebastian Vollmer is on a one-year deal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

ESPN Boston believes the Patriots' "best hope" to re-sign free agent RT Sebastian Vollmer is on a one-year deal.

Wouldn't surprise me if this is what ends up happening.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Wouldn't surprise me if this is what ends up happening.

I agree, the only bad thing about this is it will be a big cap hit without being able to spread the money around for multiple years.  But then again, with his past injury problems a multi year deal might not be in the Pats best interest.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

LT is 8-10M/yr for the top end. RT is 5-7M for the top end. With Vollmers health problems a team has to have a good back-up for 2 to 4 games every year so I doubt he gets more than 5-6M with incentives. I would guess the Pats offer is 5M with maybe a total of 10M guaranteed. He may get a better offer, but not necessarily. RT is home to failed left tackles and there are a fair number of failed LT.

RT is home to failed LT? never heard that one before...why do u say this?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

The best tackles in college (as in the pros) end up on the left and the best of the best get drafted as LTs in the 1st round. When they do not make it on the left side as pros, they get shifted to the right side in hopes they will hold up better there. I belive a few of the highest paid RTs currently are still on their initial 'LT' rookie contracts (pre rookie cap.) Few RTs are ever shifted to LT unless like Martin in Miami were drafted as insurance for a LT but fill in at RT waiting for the LT opening.

Of course some players are specifically drafted as RTs and someone might try Vollmer on the left, but they aren't likely to pay him a LT premium based on a few games from early in his career.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

The best tackles in college (as in the pros) end up on the left and the best of the best get drafted as LTs in the 1st round. When they do not make it on the left side as pros, they get shifted to the right side in hopes they will hold up better there. I belive a few of the highest paid RTs currently are still on their initial 'LT' rookie contracts (pre rookie cap.) Few RTs are ever shifted to LT unless like Martin in Miami were drafted as insurance for a LT but fill in at RT waiting for the LT opening.

Of course some players are specifically drafted as RTs and someone might try Vollmer on the left, but they aren't likely to pay him a LT premium based on a few games from early in his career.

got it - sounds plausible

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think Vollmer is a goner. No way he gets paid near that level or close to it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

I don't see how an injured and released 1st rd pick ties to an injured FA 2nd rd pick RT. Seabass, Winston or Smith will set the RT market.

I'd walk away from Vollmer. Cannon was a steal in Rd 2 and they could use the money elsewhere.

Cannon was a steal in round two? Wow, for a football expert like yourself, you'd think you would know what round he went in...

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Left tackles get more money than right tackles-5 years at 32 million 10 guranteed with options for Pats to drop after 3 years.

Sections
Shortcuts