Jamele Hill = Racist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Jamele Hill = Racist

Yet again, we see Jamele Hill being paid to showcase her racist sentiments.

Super.

When will a racist like this wake up???

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hill/101123

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Jamele Hill = Racist

-- "Most African-Americans are familiar with the notion that we have to be twice as good just to be considered equal with whites." --

If this idiot worked for me, both she and the editor who allowed this into print would be fired.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

if a white person said anything close to this their career would be over

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

controversy sells

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

She has had to take her own columns down before or edit them.

I forget which one it was and what her premise was, but she's done this before.

She did it twice with the Celts:

1. She called the Celtics NAZIS in the Boston/Detroit rivalry of the 1980s (She is from Detroit, I believe).

2. She compared the Lakers/Celts rivalry as one for blacks (Lakers) and one for whites (Celts).

Incredible. Instead of focusing on the players, the differences in the cities (LA is flashy/Boston more blue collar/traditional), she uses race.

When are SOME black people going to learn what this world is about?  Why do they think this is a good thing??

When?

The Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton school of race baiting is NOT A GOOD THING.

And, I hope we can be mature enough here to speak about this without people flying off the handle.   But, my good god.

What I find despicable about this premise is, and this ties into any athlete who has been in trouble with the law (OJ, Ray Lewis, come to mind), is the fact this world is about MONEY.

Not color.  MONEY!

Yes, racism of course exists, but NFL owners want wins and MONEY!

They don't care what the color is!!!  No one entity that is motivated by money would!

Unbelievable.

I also find Shaun King and Doug William's comments disturbing. 

McNabb was never fully accepted in Philly because he NEVER WON A SB!!!!

Good lord.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Umm, what?

What does slavery 200 years ago have to do with this column in 2010?

Ridiculous statement. 

These athletes make millions to compete. If you aren't good enough to win, deemed by the coach, who makes that decision, then you aren't good enough!

Andy Reid starts Vick over Kolb because he feels Vick grasps that system better right now.

Are you telling me blacks can't be racist?

How is her premise not racist?  And how is SHE not that one inciting racism with her premise?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

you are an idiot

In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist:
    [QUOTE]Well, ask yourself which race owned slaves.  Then, when you answer that, and if you happen to be a member of that race that held slaves, ask yourself if that makes you feel proud. I happen to be white and am embarassed knowing that members of my race owned slaves less than 200 years ago.  So, for a white person to call someone that is black "racist" is kind of "silly", don't you think?  This is the kind of thing they'd run on Fox News to incite the bigots.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

am i responsible for the holocaust as well

[QUOTE]you are an idiot In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist :
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Well, ask yourself which race owned slaves.  Then, when you answer that, and if you happen to be a member of that race that held slaves, ask yourself if that makes you feel proud. I happen to be white and am embarassed knowing that members of my race owned slaves less than 200 years ago.  So, for a white person to call someone that is black "racist" is kind of "silly", don't you think?  This is the kind of thing they'd run on Fox News to incite the bigots.

Slavery existed as an institution a long, long time before the Triangle Trade became a going concern. Whites don't hold a patent on it. Are you suggesting that, because bad things have happened in the past, we should now all be allowed to do and say whatever we want?

That's pretty retarded, even for you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Patsfan~ Slavery exists all over the world in all cultures and by all races even black enslaving black. That said whites enslaving blacks in America was/is a terrible history to live with but remember we freed them as well and one of my ancestors had small part in encouraging Lincoln to emancipate the slaves his name was William Cullen Bryant.  So be sad that we enslaved them but also be proud the people of the North overcame that injustice and fought and died to free them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I'm still flogging myself for the Inquisition, I just can't move past it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

And she gets PAID for this.  Keep that in mind, too.

Most sane white people freely admit slavery was an atrocious part of history are embarrassed by it and try to move forward for the good of mankind.

I don't see how someone like Jamele Hill, straight  out of the Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton school of racism,  helps this concept.

Howard Bryant, former Bostonian who relocated to Plymouth, MA as a kid, who worked for Herald for years, also does this kind of thing at ESPN alongside Hill.

Personally, I think they both should be fired, but it's clear ESPN likes it.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]I'm still flogging myself for the Inquisition, I just can't move past it. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Hah!

Cool

I smell a Postie in this for you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Umm, maybe because I wasn't raised to be racist and a slave owner and it's 2010????

Are you serious?

Are all Germans or Turks, or maybe Cambodians, incapable of seeing someone who is racist because their respective cultures had leaders who slaughtered people in the 20th century?

Of course they can!

You sound like Johnny Cochrane, another racist.

I think when you use color as a premise or that is what your argument is, you are a racist.

You do realize blacks enslaved other blacks, correct?

What does slavery have to do with someone in 2010, pretending race is a detractor in competitive sports, where winning equates to making money?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : So let's DENY that North American whites EVER took part in it.

Who is denying it?

Are you just bored here playing contrarian, or are you serious?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I suppose you're not embarassed that it happened.

Are you okay?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe "racists like this" will wake up when we no longer have people showing up with shotguns at black presidential candidates' rallies.

Are you drunk?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Are you culturally illiterate?

No, I am not. At all.

I am well traveled, speak a foreign language pretty well since high school, have lived in multiple cities, have been to almost every state in this country, majored in History, have an MBA and have a good job.

I work with people from all walks of life and treat all with respect because that is how I was raised.  I look to see if someone is good person or not, white, black, yellow, blue, pink or green.

May I ask YOU a question?

Are you black?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Bringing up slavery makes no sense. Did YOU personally own slaves?  I doubt it.  And if you want to go back in history I am PROUD that my ancestors can be traced back to the Revolutionary War and others to include the CIVIL WAR where they fought for the right to FREE SLAVES.  I am 100% American first, but if you want to trace my roots - they go back to England and Ireland and Native American.  My Dad's side of the family came to Massachussets in the 1600's.   I am not embarrassed at all of whites owning slaves. I feel it was wrong and I am proud that my ancestors did somethign about it in fighting against the south.  
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

I have ancestry on my mom's side off the boat with the Pilgrim era as well.

Sections
Shortcuts