Jamele Hill = Racist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Jamele Hill = Racist

Just out of curiosity, how many posters objecting to the article....are white?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist:
    [QUOTE]"Just out of curiosity, how many posters objecting to the article....are white?" If they are the majority, isn't that racism?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I don't know. However, I think if posters are going to make a big to do about this article - it would be interesting to know their racial background when making their statements. It certainly may glean some info on their perspective and life experiences.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitetrashgang. Show whitetrashgang's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I'll underline the reciprocating part you should perhaps reflect on, at least somewhat: " People, c'mon now- Let's get this straight once and for all...  Even bein' a white person, I Myself can easily understand the truth of the matter:  No, jesus African Americans do NOT have to be twice as good at something just to be considered equal with Whites...that's imbec!lic.  Black people simply have to usually have to go through twice as much in order to get to be once, or twice, or whatever as good at something than white people...  I mean, IF ya think growin' up in suburbia in New England, ya had to persevere in order to raise yourself up from the same slums, added crime, accesibility to drugs, far less safe recreational outlets, much worse living conditions, infinitely less employment opportunities, terribly worse assets thrown towards basic civic maintenance (education being a huge one),  And then the broken families & peer pressures falling victim to these and thus heaping it's own broken & corrupted failed dreams and lives back on the persons in these areas, in order to start the process anew ...  Sure, ya gotta be ten-times the average person in order to raise yourself up from that type of freakin' cellar (and if you're a white person thinkin' you don't; Ya, good luck with that blindness)...  But to even say that An African American has to be TWICE as Good At Something, if and when they DO get there...well, that's just a b#llsh#t cop out ." Love that most people growing up nowhere near affected to or subjected to any number of these things, believe almost with singular righteous conviction, That They themselves would have zero problem & the undoubtable strength to raise themselves up out of this situation...  And when 1 person doesn't (or very many), simply cannot get up from this, and those ill-affects come back hoome to roost, then these people are now subject to their very own ill-deeds from their very own people & problems, and thus entirely or even in the majority culpable for their own conditions...  good reasoning.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]If things are hard for you instead of
    quiting you work harder to better yourself. Do You know how many hours there  is in a day to get ahead if you do not drink or do drugs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : No, I'm not a fool.  A white person has NO right to call someone that was oppressed by their race "racist".   Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Anyone who actually is a racist is fair game to be labelled as such by anyone who recognizes racism for what it is, rather than simply categorizing people into neat little pigeonholes that fit their predetermined agenda . . .

as you appear to do.

Oh, and incidentally, I'm still waiting for that expalnation as to how things that happened hundreds of years ago are "our fault."

How's that coming along?

Any chance we're going to see that anytime soon?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

[QUOTE]"Just out of curiosity, how many posters objecting to the article....are white?" If they are the majority, isn't that racism?

Let me be clear, as a long time poster and black man, that every time Jamele Hill writes articles like this she sets race relations back a generation.  I didn't get to where I am in life because I had Al Shartpon or Jesse Jackson to speak for me.  I got to where I am because I was willing to work hard and a lot of people along the way guided me because they saw I was a hard worker. 

If you feel guilty for slavery, don't, that's just ludicrous.  Are you answerable for history?  No.  Do you discriminate?  I'll guess no.  Saying that blacks can't make it because the system is repressing us is a cop out, an excuse, or whatever term best relays the point.  I don't need white people, green people or purple people feeling sorry for me, thanks.   

It's a merit based society out there these days, and people saying that affirmative action and crap that is supposed to mitigate against racism are needed for me to succeed might as well say to me that I couldn't make it on my own.  And that has always motivated me. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I'll underline the reciprocating part you should perhaps reflect on, at least somewhat: ...  I mean, IF ya think growin' up in suburbia in New England, ya had to persevere in order to raise yourself up from the same slums, added crime, accesibility to drugs, far less safe recreational outlets, much worse living conditions, infinitely less employment opportunities, terribly worse assets thrown towards basic civic maintenance (education being a huge one),  And then the broken families & peer pressures falling victim to these and thus heaping it's own broken & corrupted failed dreams and lives back on the persons in these areas, in order to start the process anew ...  

Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

None of the claptrap that I'm reading explains how things have regressed so much for one segment of society in the last 40 or so years despite all the progressive attempts to "fix" all the problems. Could it be maybe it's the fixes that caused the problems?  Nah, let's just throw more money at it and maybe we can get the out-of-wedlock rate to 80% by the end of the decade.  We're on pace.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]Are you saying only black people should be able to comment on story's about race? really? pretty one sided if you ask me. If  black head coach benches a white QB would anyone scream racist? I highly doubt it. Cause its not about race its about football.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Who said that? I never said that.

Like I said, it would be an interesting thing to know.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

She's doing her job.  Whether she believes what she writes or not, she's creating stories where there are none. 

She's a yellow-journalist.  What did people expect?  This is like whining over a tabloid publication; its goal is to sell "news" items. 

The more we whine about her or the subject matter, the more she's going to continue to write like this. 

We constantly tell people not to respond to trolls, but when we see one who trolls for a living, we bite?  Please.  She doesn't even deserve your time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist :   Am I black?  That's funny. It's great that you have an "MBA and a good job".  I have a Ph.D. and NO job.  That's great, too.  However, none of that has any bearing on how I feel about how MY racew treated blacks.  I don't care if it was 200 years ago.  We STILL have people treating blacks as sub-human.  I imagine if us whites were treated in a similar manner, we might put our feet in our mouths, too. The incident that I mentioned happenedat an Obama rally in 2008.  Some member of teh right wing showed up at a rally of his with a shotgun.  When whites quit acting like morons, then I will stop defending the actions of blacks.

you dont articulate very well for someone with an advanced degree... and it is difficult to believe you with your thought process on this matter...

i actually happen to agree with laz 100% its a struggle no matter what race you are...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Let me be clear, as a long time poster and black man, that every time Jamele Hill writes articles like this she sets race relations back a generation.  I didn't get to where I am in life because I had Al Shartpon or Jesse Jackson to speak for me.  I got to where I am because I was willing to work hard and a lot of people along the way guided me because they saw I was a hard worker.  If you feel guilty for slavery, don't, that's just ludicrous.  Are you answerable for history?  No.  Do you discriminate?  I'll guess no.  Saying that blacks can't make it because the system is repessing us is a cop out, an excuse, or whatever term best realys the point.  I don't need white people, green people or purple people feeling sorry for me, thanks.    It's a merit based society out there these days, and people saying that affirmative action and crap that is supposed to mitigate against racism are needed for me to succeed might as well say to me that I couldn't make it on my own.  And that has always motivated me.    
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

Good post.  I do agree JJ and Sharpton have the intentions that mean something for the assistance of blacks, but I think  iin 2010, their policies and initiatives are also, how do I frame this without making it seem  like I am not naive that racism still exists.....

"outdated"?

Not sure what the word is.

And that's my issue with Hill here. What is the point of bringing that in, when we know the idea of the NFL is to win and make money?

Jesse Jackson is a horrendous liar, so I have very little respect for him as an American or person.

But, I do agree, his causes were to help blacks move forward in society.

I sort of wish they sought the same thing for ALL miniroties, instead of JUSt blacks, though.

This is my issue with JJ and Sharpton.  Sorry to say, but they are racists as well.

If just once they fought for hispanics or some other minority group, I'd think differently.

Anyway, I very much respect that take. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]She's doing her job.  Whether she believes what she writes or not, she's creating stories where there are none.  She's a yellow-journalist.  What did people expect?  This is like whining over a tabloid publication; its goal is to sell "news" items.  The more we whine about her or the subject matter, the more she's going to continue to write like this.  We constantly tell people not to respond to trolls, but when we see one who trolls for a living, we bite?  Please.  She doesn't even deserve your time.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

This is a good point, as far as it goes, soups, but when you allow a certain segment of the Fourth Estate to get away with this kind of thing, while admonishing another for the very same thing, it can create more problems than the average "inflammatory" story.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist :   Am I black?  That's funny. It's great that you have an "MBA and a good job".  I have a Ph.D. and NO job.  That's great, too.  However, none of that has any bearing on how I feel about how MY racew treated blacks.  I don't care if it was 200 years ago.  We STILL have people treating blacks as sub-human.  I imagine if us whites were treated in a similar manner, we might put our feet in our mouths, too. The incident that I mentioned happenedat an Obama rally in 2008.  Some member of teh right wing showed up at a rally of his with a shotgun.  When whites quit acting like morons, then I will stop defending the actions of blacks.

I hold a BMF.  Does that count?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Let me be clear, as a long time poster and black man, that every time Jamele Hill writes articles like this she sets race relations back a generation.  I didn't get to where I am in life because I had Al Shartpon or Jesse Jackson to speak for me.  I got to where I am because I was willing to work hard and a lot of people along the way guided me because they saw I was a hard worker.  If you feel guilty for slavery, don't, that's just ludicrous.  Are you answerable for history?  No.  Do you discriminate?  I'll guess no.  Saying that blacks can't make it because the system is repessing us is a cop out, an excuse, or whatever term best relays the point.  I don't need white people, green people or purple people feeling sorry for me, thanks.    It's a merit based society out there these days, and people saying that affirmative action and crap that is supposed to mitigate against racism are needed for me to succeed might as well say to me that I couldn't make it on my own.  And that has always motivated me.    
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, the topic of racism isn't black and white (pun intended). In addition, it's not a merit-based society - that's only what big brother and big business want you to think.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : This is a good point, as far as it goes, soups, but when you allow a certain segment of the Fourth Estate to get away with this kind of thing, while admonishing another for the very same thing, it can create more problems than the average "inflammatory" story.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Here's a question: 

Would you respect Jamele Hill if you worked alongside her?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]She's doing her job.  Whether she believes what she writes or not, she's creating stories where there are none.  She's a yellow-journalist.  What did people expect?  This is like whining over a tabloid publication; its goal is to sell "news" items.  The more we whine about her or the subject matter, the more she's going to continue to write like this.  We constantly tell people not to respond to trolls, but when we see one who trolls for a living, we bite?  Please.  She doesn't even deserve your time.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

I don't think race baiting is "doing one's job".

Sorry.

If she called a female athlete a wh*re, and it drew attention (which it obviously would), would that be doing her job?

This is what she does.

The irony of her ancestors being possible slaves, yet she uses racism as a way to "do her job".

Unbelievable hypocrisy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Hispanics weren't generally enslaved by whites, but their Indian ancestors were merely wiped out by smallpox and other diseases.

You could argue that this country taking over Texas, away from Mexico, is a form of slavery even to this day.

Mexicans lost a lot of land in that war.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Also anyone else notice how only QBs bring out the race card? If a great black left tackle like say Mike Ogdon or someone like him got benched for playing poorly this "reporter" would have nothing to say about it cause its not flashy, cause it wont get her name out there, cause it wont help her boss make money. Its all about money folks. She can get people to read about racism and black QBs but does she care when a black WR gets benched for a white? Or a tight end? Or a DE? Or a inside linebacker? No cause no one noticed that. But a black QB and all of a sudden its a race issue. Its bull sh*t so she can get hits on her web site and make her boss more money.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Another reason why she is a phony.  Very good point.

And her logic is that it takes intelligence to play that position, but it also takes intelligence to play O Line positions, too.

I am just tired of the racial games. 

She's playing the reader off as a fool. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Maine lost a lot of land to Canada because of Daniel Webster.

Right and Native Americans and French Canadians were abused/enslaved.

See?

We can do this all day, Einstein.

Why on earth, your warped little brain would bring in the history OF ANY COUNTRY AND HOW IT WAS BUILT (not just this one), into a conincidence of some black QBs not playing well or being accepted as glorious champions, is beyond me.

If McNabb won a SB, he'd be a HERO x 1000 in Philadelphia.

It's that simple.

But, no, he spent time yakking in the huddle and lost his lone chance at a ring.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Here's a question:  Would you respect Jamele Hill if you worked alongside her?
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Judging by the quality of her work, I would say no.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

So, if you're caucasion - and object to the article....why are you so offended?

Second, if you're caucasion - and object to the article - have you been a victim of racism? And, if so, did you have these experiences throughout the majority of your life?

Sections
Shortcuts