Jamele Hill = Racist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Jamele Hill = Racist

In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : You could argue that this country taking over Texas, away from Mexico, is a form of slavery even to this day. Mexicans lost a lot of land in that war.

Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

Not sure how you conclude that Texans gaining independence from Mexico equates to slavery?  But anyway if Mexico still controlled Texas it would be an impoverished wasteland like most of the rest of that country.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That's all that matters.  I wouldn't either.

These are the kinds of questions, the politically correct ESPN, should be more concerned with, instead of pretending they don't have a blatant racist on their payroll.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Not sure how you conclude that Texans gaining independence from Mexico equates to slavery?  But anyway if Mexico still controlled Texas it would be an impoverished wasteland like most of the rest of that country.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Because we took land away from them. Oil, etc. Disagree completely.  Huge land mass, more trading ports, railway access, and like I said, oil.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Good post.  I do agree JJ and Sharpton have the intentions that mean something for the assistance of blacks, but I think  iin 2010, their policies and initiatives are also, how do I frame this without making it seem  like I am not naive that racism still exists..... "outdated"? Not sure what the word is. And that's my issue with Hill here. What is the point of bringing that in, when we know the idea of the NFL is to win and make money? Jesse Jackson is a horrendous liar, so I have very little respect for him as an American or person. But, I do agree, his causes were to help blacks move forward in society. I sort of wish they sought the same thing for ALL miniroties, instead of JUSt blacks, though. This is my issue with JJ and Sharpton.  Sorry to say, but they are racists as well. If just once they fought for hispanics or some other minority group, I'd think differently. Anyway, I very much respect that take. 

Thanks. 

Racism exists, and if you let small minded people set you back then you're just as small minded as they are.

No need to give you all my life history, but I was a kid who grew up poor in a rich town and who needed a kick in the behind at times to "get it".  The easy thing was to hang with the fellas in places I shouldn't.  The hard thing was to be self motivated to make something of myself.  It wasn't by luck or charity that I made something of myself.

Jamele Hill may feel the way she does.  I don't agree with her, but I can only go off of my own life experience.  And I think JJ and Sharton's words were necessary 30 years ago.  But anyone who tells you that minority status is a ball and chain just isn't a very motivated person.     

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]So, if you're caucasion - and object to the article....why are you so offended? Second, if you're caucasion - and object to the article - have you been a victim of racism? And, if so, did you have these experiences throughout the majority of your life?
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Because I am a football fan and know the business is about winning and money.

That's why.

She plays the readers/fans off as fools.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : If things are hard for you instead of quiting you work harder to better yourself. Do You know how many hours there  is in a day to get ahead if you do not drink or do drugs.
    Posted by whitetrashgang[/QUOTE]

All I want in this life, Is the simplicity & truth in the singular and straightforward convictions and beliefs that some of you guys take for granted...  You're very lucky people imo.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Thanks.  Racism exists, and if you let small minded people set you back then you're just as small minded as they are. No need to give you all my life history, but I was a kid who grew up poor in a rich town and who needed a kick in the behind at times to "get it".  The easy thing was to hang with the fellas in places I shouldn't.  The hard thing was to be self motivated to make something of myself.  It wasn't by luck or charity that I made something of myself. Jamele Hill may feel the way she does.  I don't agree with her, but I can only go off of my own life experience.  And I think JJ and Sharton's words were necessary 30 years ago.  But anyone who tells you that minority status is a ball and chain just isn't a very motivated person.     
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for you (and would never try to pretend I know what it's like through someone else's eyes), and I know it's clearly more of an uphill battle for minorities, but I do think it's improving.

The sad reality is, racism will always exist.  I think we can agree here and Jamele Hill needs to get over it. We know it exists.

It exists here, there, everywhere.  To some degree, it will sadly exist.  But!  But!

In the NFL, where teams are desperate to win in the cap era?  Sorry, not buying it.

We could deeper into a discussion thread about why racism exists, with my theory tying into the basic concepts of Darwinism, but that'd be for another forum.

Anyway, nice job on proving it's about YOU and not your skin color.  I wish Hill grasped this concept.

We can't hide the past, but it's pretty clear this country can and will progressively move forward.

Peace.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Are you related to Rush Limbaugh by any chance?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Are you a victim of incest?

Are you serious with that question?  Really?

YOu call me a racist, assuming I am white (which I am), but your premise assumes I am white, because in your small little whacked brain, I can't call someone out who makes racist comments?

I think Limbaugh and Hill's comments are unnecessary and racist.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Well, ask yourself which race owned slaves.  Then, when you answer that, and if you happen to be a member of that race that held slaves, ask yourself if that makes you feel proud. I happen to be white and am embarassed knowing that members of my race owned slaves less than 200 years ago.  So, for a white person to call someone that is black "racist" is kind of "silly", don't you think?  This is the kind of thing they'd run on Fox News to incite the bigots.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

What's even more embarrassing is that it was enshrined in the Constitution, where for the sake of apportioning electoral college electors and congressional seats, every slave was counted as three fifths of a person, a fact that gets ignored when we rhapsodize about our constitution.  This was changed after the Civil war off course but the wording is still in the original Constitution.  How does America deal with its slavery past?  We ignore it and blame the victims. 

However, I will say that the article written by this author is way off the mark, race has nothing to do with the troubles of these Q.B.'s, performance.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Thanks.  Racism exists, and if you let small minded people set you back then you're just as small minded as they are. No need to give you all my life history, but I was a kid who grew up poor in a rich town and who needed a kick in the behind at times to "get it".  The easy thing was to hang with the fellas in places I shouldn't.  The hard thing was to be self motivated to make something of myself.  It wasn't by luck or charity that I made something of myself. Jamele Hill may feel the way she does.  I don't agree with her, but I can only go off of my own life experience.  And I think JJ and Sharton's words were necessary 30 years ago.  But anyone who tells you that minority status is a ball and chain just isn't a very motivated person.     

BR,
       They are very few if any of us who identify themselves as black on this board. Below is a link, if time permits, read it and tell me what you think. This applies to anyone else who chooses to read it. By the way, welcome back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Unfortunately, the topic of racism isn't black and white (pun intended). In addition, it's not a merit-based society - that's only what big brother and big business want you to think.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Racism is much more complicated than black or white, granted.  So you're telling me that since it's bigger than just black or white my opinions as a black man are not valid?  You're the one asking about the race of posters.  If you think getting ahead these days isn't about your abilty to produce and do your job, then maybe you work in one of those vestigial job sectors that actually have quotas or affirmative action policies.  Tell my boss that he should hire a minority and he'd tell you that if he's the most qualified he gets the job, which is just what I want to hear.    

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Because we took land away from them. Oil, etc. Disagree completely.  Huge land mass, more trading ports, railway access, and like I said, oil.

You understand that there was no taking over of Texas by the U.S. right? Texans fought for and earned their independence.  Remember the Alamo, Sam Houston and all that?  Texas became part of the U.S after that. Then there was war with Mexico and the U.S. took even more land (California, etc.). But Texas had its very own revolution.

Mexico has enormous mineral and oil wealth and it's a third world country. Why would it be any different if they controlled more such land? It would just be a bigger mess. It's a corrupt and backward country. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : What's even more embarrassing is that it was enshrined in the Constitution, where for the sake of apportioning electoral college electors and congressional seats, every slave was counted as three fifths of a person, a fact that gets ignored when we rhapsodize about our constitution.  ...

Posted by Dessalines[/QUOTE]

I feel like I'm teaching a history class here.  You realize why they did this don't you?  This thing could have gone either way, it could have easily fallen apart due to infighting, various state gripes, etc.  The only way to keep it together was to ensure the southern states would participate, so this was the compromise they came up with.  The expectation was that it would get remedied at some point (and it did, just took a lot more time and violence than anyone thought) but that it was necessary in order to get the constitution ratified. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : BR,    They are very few if any of us who identify themselves as black on this board. Below is a link, if time permits, read it and tell me what you think. This applies to anyone else who chooses to read it. By the way, welcome back. http://humanrights.change.org/blog/view/can_black_people_be_racist
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree, the author is sort of confusing class with race.  Racism is a bias, (a bias is a belief held on scant or no information), based on a racial difference.  Of course blacks can be racist.  I'm not saying that they all are anymore than all whites are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

What she said is absolutely true. So why would anyone have a problem with it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

In Response to Jamele Hill = Racist:
    [QUOTE]Yet again, we see Jamele Hill being paid to showcase her racist sentiments. Super. When will a racist like this wake up??? http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hill/101123

hmm.  Why are 90% of NBA players black?  Why are 98.5% of NHL players white?  Why are there no world class black swimmers?  Why are there no world class white sprinters?  Why was there a major movie entitled "white men can't jump"?

The answer is a thing that we are not allowed to say or think in this stupic PC world.  The answer is that different races have different attributes.  You could probably get away with saying that "because blacks are generally stronger physically they excel at basketball".  But you could never get away with saying that whites have a superior ability to make decisions and throw a football.

It all goes back to the regions that the races have developed.  In northern regions (with winter) people must do much more planning and thinking to prepare for winter.  In Africa you must be stronger and faster to hunt the animals that are there all year long.  You must have greater endurance.

I'll take the example of S. Korea vs Thailand.  In S. Korea you have a very hardworking people.  They work and go to school 6 days a week.  The have had to do that for thousands of years to prepare for winter.  In Thailand people are very laid back.  Coconuts and bananas are falling off the trees year round.  I hate to have to say a true thing but Koreans are smarter than Thais.  Even the bees in Korea work harder.  They import Korean bees to Thailand so they can make honey.  After a couple generations in Thailand the bees become useless.  They no longer bother to prepare for winter and save honey as there are flowers all year long.

Black QBs have (on average) better physical attributes than white ones.  White QBs (on average) have better organizational and decision making skills than black ones.  In northern regions people must be able to work together as a team.  Not so much in tropical and subtropical regions.  There it is survival of the physically fitest.  Fighting over an antelope is great and all, but..........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

Back to football - these QBs are multi, multi, multi millionaires.  The GMs and coaches hired/chose them and pay them boat loads of money.

If racism exists amongst humans around this world of ours, I think that there are probably better speculative examples that could be chosen as examples by journalist instead of multi millionaire QBs.

The article is written to bait all of us (all races) to click on it and argue about it so the writer and corporation can make money off of our emotional response.  This article manipulates all of us and if we let it control our emotions and minipulate us, then the writer and corporation win - nobody else wins and zero benefit to any race comes from this article.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Obviously this has next to nothing to do with football or the Pats, but you understand that there was no taking over of Texas by the U.S. right?  Texans fought for and earned their independence.  Remember the Alamo, Sam Houston and all that?  Texas became part of the U.S after that.  Then there was war with Mexico and the U.S. took even more land.  But Texas had its very own revolution. Mexico has enormous mineral and oil wealth and it's a third world country.  Why would it be any different if they controlled more such land?  It would just be a bigger mess.  It's a corrupt and backward country. 

It's debatable.

Mexico saw what is now Texas as part of Mexico.

US declared it as an independent territory and Mexico didn't like that, hence the war in 1846.

Same deal with California.

There was a battle for what is not modern day Texas. Texas didn't get its independence, technically, until Zachary Taylor, Sam Houston, et al, bitchslapped.   It was a state that formed out of the territory that two countries didn't see as claimed.

That land once belonged to Spanish explorers and Mexicans. And Indians/natives.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : BR,    They are very few if any of us who identify themselves as black on this board. Below is a link, if time permits, read it and tell me what you think. This applies to anyone else who chooses to read it. By the way, welcome back. http://humanrights.change.org/blog/view/can_black_people_be_racist
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

Paob

I only self identify in certain instances, and in this instance it seemed to warrant it.  I never post here anymore but today is a vacation day!  Might be months before I'm back again. 

I agree with the article, blacks cannot be racist because the definition of racism implies that you have the power to suppress by sheer numbers, and clearly blacks and Hispanics are among the minority.  But I believe all races can be bigots and prejudiced. 

I only weighed in because I've spent my whole adult life mentoring young black kids who think the door is closed to them before they even knock.  Guess what?  I ain't buying it.  I decided to spend some of my life giving back to kids to show them the right path and open some doors, just like other people did for me.

Thanks for the link. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I feel like I'm teaching a history class here.  You realize why they did this don't you?  This thing could have gone either way, it could have easily fallen apart due to infighting, various state gripes, etc.  The only way to keep it together was to ensure the southern states would participate, so this was the compromise they came up with.  The expectation was that it would get remedied at some point (and it did, just took a lot more time and violence than anyone thought) but that it was necessary in order to get the constitution ratified.       

Of course I know why, I'm a historian for Christ's sake.  Do you think the average Joe knows that fact about the three fifths rule?  Your post is besides the point, the verbiage is in there and it means what we all know it means, that people were seen as property and they put that in.  I don't condemn them for it, I understand the context but it is still racist and the fact that it was put in as a compromise doesn't change that one wit.  Maybe what we all need to do is realize that race and racist are simply words, like a lot of other words that many don't like to see used in public or used to describe us.  The words can't hurt you, the hatred can and I'm not saying you hate.  I hope I'm clear. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : It's debatable. Mexico saw what is now Texas as part of Mexico. US declared it as an independent territory and Mexico didn't like that, hence the war in 1846. Same deal with California. There was a battle for what is not modern day Texas. Texas didn't get its independence, technically.   It was a state that formed out of the territory that two countries didn't see as claimed. That land once belonged to Spanish explorers and Mexicans.

Can you please tell me when and where there were no wars between groups of humans?  The simple truth is that since our existence we have been at war on every continent and in every generation.  I know some morons seem to think that George Bush invented war and Al Gore invented the internet, but let's get back to reality.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Paob I only self identify in certain instances, and in this instance it seemed to warrant it.  I never post here anymore but today is a vacation day!  Might be months before I'm back again.  I agree with the article, blacks cannot be racist because the definition of racism implies that you have the power to suppress by sheer numbers, and clearly blacks and Hispanics are among the minority.  But I believe all races can be bigots and prejudiced.  I only weighed in because I've spent my whole adult life mentoring young black kids who think the door is closed to them before they even knock.  Guess what?  I ain't buying it.  I decided to spend some of my life giving back to kids to show them the right path and open some doors, just like other people did for me. Thanks for the link.

May I ask you a sidebar question? From your experience, do you think they are taught that by their parents?

Just curious.

I can see why, but I don't quite understand why in recent years. It's not perfect, but I think this country has made progress the last 25-30 years.

Sections
Shortcuts