Jamele Hill = Racist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: Jamele Hill = Racist

In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : You make it seem like it happened just once in the history of the world. African slaves were taken by many races, sold by those many races, & bought by many races. If you look in to the history of African slavery, most of the world was involved, & that includes African countries run by black Africans.The King of Nigeria was horrified that slavery was abolished by one of the countries he sold slaves to, cutting off a major source of income. It's very convenient to act like it's all the fault of one race, in one country, at one time, then rely on that to blame every short coming of a race while not accepting blame for their own actions. Racism exists & will all ways exist. Only a moron would think otherwise, but it's a two way street. The imbeciles that believe legislation will remove human nature are the same people who think passing a bill that requires humans to not breath would also work.
    Posted by .406[/QUOTE]

And to further your answer, slavery does actually still exist, and to take it a step even further, genocide as well. Mostly, it's in Africa, involving people of the same color. It's also been going on in the old USSR, but the rest of the world seems to not care what happens in the old Communist super power amongst groups of struggling white people. Where do all those 14 year old prostitutes come from? Russia. And guess what, they don't want to be doing what they are. They're being bought and sold against their will to perform tasks they don't want to do. That's slavery. Funny how I don't hear complaining en masse from the people that actually still deal with it, but from the people that can't move on from horrible actions generations ago. More people need to look into Bill Cosby's point of view on this whole thing, he sees the #1 problem with the continued repression of black as...black people themselves. Oh, but he's an Uncle Tom...right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

[QUOTE] More people need to look into Bill Cosby's point of view on this whole thing, he sees the #1 problem with the continued repression of black as...black people themselves. Oh, but he's an Uncle Tom...right.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

You forgot the more contemporary view of Aaron McGruder's The Boondocks. An African American who tries to point out his races short comings, & has been blasted about it by anyone who doesn't agree with him showing the world how their actions are wrong & hurt their perception by the rest of the world. The man was blasted as a racist, imagine that, before black America found out he was a black American. Now they're just pissed at him for telling the truth & taking away their "slice of the pie". He's the equivalent of a magician giving away trade secrets & scorned for it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

OK, this thread has officially jumped the shark...can we turn off the ventilator already?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

"I'm also not overlooking the facts that Campbell played poorly in the games in which he was benched, that Young's antics in Tennessee are largely to blame for his problems with Fisher, and that Shanahan has had difficult relationships with plenty of white quarterbacks in the past."

I kinda think she did overlook all of this...  Plus McNabb's terrible 22 minute offense from his days with the Eagles that cost his team a Super Bowl

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

[QUOTE]Just throwing this out there, but... Black people sold their own people into slavery to the whites. Nobody really mentions that though. Still doesn't make it right on the white folks' part, but there's blame to go around. Anyway, I agree Jamele Hill is out of line. Unfortunately, you see this a lot in sports. Down here where I live, "the 2 live Stews" is a big radio show. It's run by two African-American brothers (they really are brothers - as in blood related). They are very entertaining and funny to listen to, but they always side with black players over whites. It gets old. At the beginning of the season, they listed who they thought were the 3 best QBs in the league. Their list, in this order, was: 1. Donovan McNabb 2. Peyton Manning 3. Drew Brees What has McNabb done to be viewed as better than the other 2? And why was Brady not on the list? They've also gone on record saying things like Roethlesburger shouldn't be allowed to play anymore, but Vick should. I like the dudes and all, but their bias is obvious.
    Posted by DynastyXXXVI[/QUOTE]
    McNabb? Come on. Are you sure it wasn't tounge in cheek? McNabb in his hayday wasn't even top 3.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

All right let me run in here and sets somethings straight.  I've been reading these forums for awhile now, but I never comment because well...I post on others and I'm lazy.  Draft info is always great though.  However, this sounds like the typical conversations from a bunch of white guys who know nothing about black people at all.  Its completely obvious from the way in which you're talking.  You make the assumption that black people actually have some affinity for the Sharptons and you keep referring to Cosby and others who talk down to black people as being some symbol of what needs to be said.  Essentially they are black mouthpieces that espouse the opinions of many whtie Americans.  Let this be said, Bill Cosby is held with disdain by African-Americans because he at the peak of his popularity wanted nothing to do with the issues of black Americans.  Then, he goes on TV and blasts them, meanwhile he never put anything in the context of society at large.  He is no representative of African-Americans and has never wanted to be.  Sharpton and Jackson have done much good in black communities as has Louis Farrakhan but the extent to which they are somehow "ringleaders" of the African-American community are greatly exaggerated...most view them as corrupt and advantageous.  Do all really have any black friends?  Educated black friends?

I'll get back to that debate but first off let's start with the definitiona of racism. 

"a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others"    OR "hatred or intolerance of another race or other races"

Do you know why black people hate when someone mentions them using the "race card?"  You've effectively handicapped them.  Because now whenever they allude to the fact that race has an affect on something (which it usually does) someone throws out the "race card" phrase and then your entire point can be ignored that injecting race.  It's done all the time to ignore what someone is actually saying.  People hate to mention race in this country despite the fact that every measurable statistic shows that race has a large affect in everything from treatment from police to hiring practices. 

Now, BBReign is obviously a guy who hates when people talks about race.  He posts as i he's a tough guy and I can see him as the type who would say "I don't care what your color is you can be black, red or green."  These people are the worst ones to discuss race with because they often don't realize their subconscious opinions and views that come about based on their race or experiences with different races.  I don't think you're a bad guy, but you like many BADLY misuse race and the term racist.  Hill doesn't think African-Americans are better than whites or anything like that.  She doesn't believe white are evil, etc.  Yet, you call her a racist because she says she believes that in order to succeed that African-Americans have to be twice as good?  THAT IS NOT RACIST.  Do you even know what the word means?  It's like you took what she said personally as an indictment on you because as many people do who are of the "majority race"...they take an indictment of American society as an indictment on them personally.  I find that disappointing.

What she said is reverberated in african-american barbershops all over the country.  The obstacles you have to overcome to be on a level playing field are on average greater.  Are their problems with the African-American community? Yes, there are and I'd be the first one to point them out.  But a lot of them are a result of the circumstances of the places they live.  Those jobs that left their areas never came back after the 70s....right when drugs hit...but that's anther subject.  The fact is you have to be of exceptional character to make it to a level-playing field.  And even then you will not have the same connects or structure to back you up.  But even further, if any of you ever took a sociology course it is explicity show and supported by facts and numbers that women and men who do the same job are not paid the same...even if their credentials are the same.  This holds true between races as well. 

The worst paid person is the African-American woman (ironically they get college degrees much more so than us men do...another problem we have to fix internally).  My parents came from West Africa and were college-educated there...and were more than competent.  They educated at a young age about how office politics work.  I grew up with and still have an immensely diverse groups of friends.  My parents and their parents love each other.  It didn't stop them from telling me at a young age..."Look if John gets an B+ then you need to get an A+...once you both get into the office..to move up faster than him or even at the same rate you're going to have to be undeniably better."  Every black kid is taught as a child.  There are numerous reasons...one of them is actual a reverse effect of affirmative action...people question whether or not you really deserved to sit there in the first place...I didn't mark my race when I applied to college (though I don't fault anyone who did) just for the sake of my own ego because of this.  Also, the belief that AA...QBs are given shorter leashes is also widely held amongst many people those of color and those whom are not.  This varies depending on the ownership.

The point is, what she said doesn't make her racist.  It doesn't even come close to it.  Is it race-baiting?  No, because it's merely an affirmation of what people of color all across this country feel...who did not grow up affluent or in upper middle class.  There are REAL black racists just like there are of any other race to worry about.  Ms. Hill (whose writing I don't enjoy...I mean this lady called Tim Tebow..Muhammad Ali) is not one of them. 

P.S.  The Boondocks draws criticism because some don't understand it's satire and social commentary.  It speaks to the behavior of black americans as much as it speaks about society in general.  I don't always agree with him, but I like a lot of what he does.  Huey..is the intellectual side of the community and his brother respects the raw aspects that sometimes are uncomfortable to talk about.  The fact that people misunderstand his underlying meanings and points such as when Riley attacks Santa Claus because he never delivered gifts to th hood are what make the show great.  MLK episode was powerful...but there's no way for a cultural movement like that to happen ever again.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : McNabb? Come on. Are you sure it wasn't tounge in cheek? McNabb in his hayday wasn't even top 3.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE] McNabb when he had TO was definitely top 3.  Only Brady ever did more with less receivers for an extended period of time.  In 2004 Brady, Manning and McNabb were the best in the league.  No not Brett. With that said, about selling their own people into slavery thing that the guy mentioned.  Black people do talk about it, but at the same time slavery in Africa did not equal slavery in the West.  Slaves in Africa were treated much more humanely.

I doubt it would've made a difference had they known what those people would be subjected too, but they didn't know to what extent it would be.  Further, often times they were forced to sell people basically at gun point and more were just straight up stolen.  But let's move forward...I don't believe that equality was ever promised in this country...but equality of opportunity was.  The media as a whole is tougher on African-Americans (have any of you taken communications or political science courses...I mean this is hard data...with the people who did it later admitting and not realizing their inherent bias or often some reasoned it is what the people wanted to see on the news...I can recommend books).  So the 2Live Stews do not compensate for the media as a whole and how issues are framed.  BTW, no one likes the bigger one of the two...he's an idiot. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]All right let me run in here and sets somethings straight.  I've been reading these forums for awhile now, but I never comment because well...I post on others and I'm lazy.  Draft info is always great though.  However, this sounds like the typical conversations from a bunch of white guys who know nothing about black people at all.  Its completely obvious from the way in which you're talking.  You make the assumption that black people actually have some affinity for the Sharptons and you keep referring to Cosby and others who talk down to black people as being some symbol of what needs to be said.  Essentially they are black mouthpieces that espouse the opinions of many whtie Americans.  Let this be said, Bill Cosby is held with disdain by African-Americans because he at the peak of his popularity wanted nothing to do with the issues of black Americans.  Then, he goes on TV and blasts them, meanwhile he never put anything in the context of society at large.  He is no representative of African-Americans and has never wanted to be.  Sharpton and Jackson have done much good in black communities as has Louis Farrakhan but the extent to which they are somehow "ringleaders" of the African-American community are greatly exaggerated...most view them as corrupt and advantageous.  Do all really have any black friends?  Educated black friends? I'll get back to that debate but first off let's start with the definitiona of racism.  " a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others"     OR " hatred or intolerance of another race or other races" Do you know why black people hate when someone mentions them using the "race card?"  You've effectively handicapped them.  Because now whenever they allude to the fact that race has an affect on something (which it usually does) someone throws out the "race card" phrase and then your entire point can be ignored that injecting race.  It's done all the time to ignore what someone is actually saying.  People hate to mention race in this country despite the fact that every measurable statistic shows that race has a large affect in everything from treatment from police to hiring practices.  Now, BBReign is obviously a guy who hates when people talks about race.  He posts as i he's a tough guy and I can see him as the type who would say "I don't care what your color is you can be black, red or green."  These people are the worst ones to discuss race with because they often don't realize their subconscious opinions and views that come about based on their race or experiences with different races.  I don't think you're a bad guy, but you like many BADLY misuse race and the term racist.  Hill doesn't think African-Americans are better than whites or anything like that.  She doesn't believe white are evil, etc.  Yet, you call her a racist because she says she believes that in order to succeed that African-Americans have to be twice as good?  THAT IS NOT RACIST.  Do you even know what the word means?  It's like you took what she said personally as an indictment on you because as many people do who are of the "majority race"...they take an indictment of American society as an indictment on them personally.  I find that disappointing. What she said is reverberated in african-american barbershops all over the country.  The obstacles you have to overcome to be on a level playing field are on average greater.  Are their problems with the African-American community? Yes, there are and I'd be the first one to point them out.  But a lot of them are a result of the circumstances of the places they live.  Those jobs that left their areas never came back after the 70s....right when drugs hit...but that's anther subject.  The fact is you have to be of exceptional character to make it to a level-playing field.  And even then you will not have the same connects or structure to back you up.  But even further, if any of you ever took a sociology course it is explicity show and supported by facts and numbers that women and men who do the same job are not paid the same...even if their credentials are the same.  This holds true between races as well.  The worst paid person is the African-American woman (ironically they get college degrees much more so than us men do...another problem we have to fix internally).  My parents came from West Africa and were college-educated there...and were more than competent.  They educated at a young age about how office politics work.  I grew up with and still have an immensely diverse groups of friends.  My parents and their parents love each other.  It didn't stop them from telling me at a young age..."Look if John gets an B+ then you need to get an A+...once you both get into the office..to move up faster than him or even at the same rate you're going to have to be undeniably better."  Every black kid is taught as a child.  There are numerous reasons...one of them is actual a reverse effect of affirmative action...people question whether or not you really deserved to sit there in the first place...I didn't mark my race when I applied to college (though I don't fault anyone who did) just for the sake of my own ego because of this. The point is, what she said doesn't make her racist.  It doesn't even come close to it.  Is it race-baiting?  No, because it's merely an affirmation of what people of color all across this country feel...who did not grow up affluent or in upper middle class.  There are REAL black racists just like there are of any other race to worry about.  Ms. Hill (whose writing I don't enjoy...I mean this lady called Tim Tebow..Muhammad Ali) is not one of them.  P.S.  The Boondocks draws criticism because some don't understand it's satire and social commentary.  It speaks to the behavior of black americans as much as it speaks about society in general.  I don't always agree with him, but I like a lot of what he does.  Huey..is the intellectual side of the community and his brother respects the raw aspects that sometimes are uncomfortable to talk about.  The fact that people misunderstand his underlying meanings and points such as when Riley attacks Santa Claus because he never delivered gifts to th hood are what make the show great.  MLK episode was powerful...but there's no way for a cultural movement like that to happen ever again.
    Posted by NonChalant1[/QUOTE]

It's absolutely racist.

Don't bother playing attorney and spinning it. She's like a serial killer with a history. She does this all the time, yet you expect us to believe she isn't?

You sure jump through hoops to try to explain why it's not racist.  She has an issue. Very clear.

If you read through this thread the majority feel she is absolutely racist.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Jamele Hill is a joke. But, to answer your question, one of the most over-looked, greatest pure passers of all time (ALL TIME, NFL/UFL/CFL/XFL, AnyFL) was, in fact, black: Warren Moon But, he is the ONLY one. I often wonder when hearing people say "Black Pride" how I would be received if I simply stated "White Pride". I'm fairly certain I'd immediately be labeled a racist, KKK member, ignorant, thoughtless...so, really, as a white person, I have to quantify it by saying I have pride in my Portuguese/Irish or Italian roots, I can't simply be proud of my "White" heritage. Not that I care either way, but it's quite hypocritical. I don't hear people quantifying their chants of "Black Pride" with mention of a tribe they have descended from, or a region, or part of Africa...it's ok to simply be proud of being "Black", but not "White".
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  The hypocrisy is incredbile.  Why is their black entertainment tv?   Can i watch it, too?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : You're not a racist? Since I don't do drugs, as I won't take anything made by non-professional chemists, I'm not high.  I'm also not dumb nor am I ultra-sensitive.  Some of US are sick of the non-activism that is going on in this country.  We're not ALL members of the ultra right wing.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

non professional chemist?really are you serious?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

you cant blame the white race for slavery, when only a small part of it took part in it. my ancestors came from italy and ireland after slavery, so my libage had no part in it what so ever, so dont lump all whites in with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : It's absolutely racist. Don't bother playing attorney and spinning it. She's like a serial killer with a history. She does this all the time, yet you expect us to believe she isn't? You sure jump through hoops to try to explain why it's not racist.  She has an issue. Very clear. If you read through this thread the majority feel she is absolutely racist.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]Well starting next year I'll be at one of this country's greatest universities studying to be an attorney so I can't help that.  I don't care what the majority of the people in this thread believe.  I just picked apart everything they said and because the majority of them believe it...is why I had to post.  Someone had to put this argument in context.  I thought the guy who once wrote the article about how white b-ball players are looked at (who was white) as being equally correct as Hill is.  They are basically the same article on different situations.  However, I won't talk anything but football with you again because you just showed what type of ignoramous you are.  Why is there a BET?  Why is there a BET (which I don't watch)?  The same reason there is a Telemundo, and Asian stations on the West Coast, etc.  Because the vast majority of what is on TV is cast in light of the majority and caters to the majority (perhaps justifiably).  To get commentary that may be marginal to the majority but pertinent to your community, then there is a BET to fill that schism.  BET used to have educational shows, and talk abut empowerment, etc.  I wouldn't expect ABC News to focus on the issues of the black community for 3 hours straight...and urge white guys from Iowa...hey let's all go empower the inner-city.  Furthermore, people of color are seldomly seen on TV unless they are in stereotypical roles.  The irony is that BET now also puts them in stereotypical roles.  BET has a monopoly that I think it shouldn't have either.  However, every culture is entitled to have programming that focuses on issues important to them.  Hell, you ever hear some conservative radio?  BET has never preached anything remotely racist.  Why would there need to be a "white entertainment television" when 95% of the people on TV are white and the programming is geared towards mainstream audiences which are....oh yeah that's right...WHITE. 

That doesn't mean someone has to be of a race or see someone of their race to enjoy programming.  However, people always enjoys characters they can identify with and African-Americans in general...given the history of their potrayal in the media and as far back as minstrel shows...would rather have characters that portray the most positive aspects of their community.  Stereotypes are often enforced through television....a large part of how black teens act today is because they are fulfillin the prophecy given to them on BET.     

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Also, as you pretty much explain "serfdom" or "slavery" are the same thing, and in reality, is how all countries or modern socities were built.

It's so true. Egypt, the Roman Empire, the English empires, the French, the Dutch, Spain, etc, all essentially built their empires once the concept of using ships for  trade and Imperialism took shape.

Not an excuse, by any stretch, but you could argue the US less involved in this kind of activity by comparison.

Again, not defending it all, but African-Americans, the Chinese, Eastern Europeans, the Irish, Meditrranean immigrants, etc, all helped build this country, much of it in slave labor conditions, which obviously varied in the differing environments.

I do agree the one lone difference is skin color, which made social reform slow to grow here, on that fact alone.  You could legislate against a group simply by seeing the skin color. 

Unfortunately.

Look at the 20th century alchohol and drug policies. All race based:

1914 Harrison Act was targeting Blacks, 1920 Prohibition targeted the Irish and the 1937 Marijuana Laws targeted Hispanics, with the perception they were taking away jobs from Whites in the Great Depression.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe "racists like this" will wake up when we no longer have people showing up with shotguns at black presidential candidates' rallies.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

How about the racist (Black Panthers)  military organisations showing up at poll stations to get black candidates elected?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]All right let me run in here and sets somethings straight.  I've been reading these forums for awhile now, but I never comment because well...I post on others and I'm lazy.  Draft info is always great though.  However, this sounds like the typical conversations from a bunch of white guys who know nothing about black people at all.  Its completely obvious from the way in which you're talking.  You make the assumption that black people actually have some affinity for the Sharptons and you keep referring to Cosby and others who talk down to black people as being some symbol of what needs to be said.  Essentially they are black mouthpieces that espouse the opinions of many whtie Americans.  Let this be said, Bill Cosby is held with disdain by African-Americans because he at the peak of his popularity wanted nothing to do with the issues of black Americans.  Then, he goes on TV and blasts them, meanwhile he never put anything in the context of society at large.  He is no representative of African-Americans and has never wanted to be.  Sharpton and Jackson have done much good in black communities as has Louis Farrakhan but the extent to which they are somehow "ringleaders" of the African-American community are greatly exaggerated...most view them as corrupt and advantageous.  Do all really have any black friends?  Educated black friends? I'll get back to that debate but first off let's start with the definitiona of racism.  " a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others"     OR " hatred or intolerance of another race or other races" Do you know why black people hate when someone mentions them using the "race card?"  You've effectively handicapped them.  Because now whenever they allude to the fact that race has an affect on something (which it usually does) someone throws out the "race card" phrase and then your entire point can be ignored that injecting race.  It's done all the time to ignore what someone is actually saying.  People hate to mention race in this country despite the fact that every measurable statistic shows that race has a large affect in everything from treatment from police to hiring practices.  Now, BBReign is obviously a guy who hates when people talks about race.  He posts as i he's a tough guy and I can see him as the type who would say "I don't care what your color is you can be black, red or green."  These people are the worst ones to discuss race with because they often don't realize their subconscious opinions and views that come about based on their race or experiences with different races.  I don't think you're a bad guy, but you like many BADLY misuse race and the term racist.  Hill doesn't think African-Americans are better than whites or anything like that.  She doesn't believe white are evil, etc.  Yet, you call her a racist because she says she believes that in order to succeed that African-Americans have to be twice as good?  THAT IS NOT RACIST.  Do you even know what the word means?  It's like you took what she said personally as an indictment on you because as many people do who are of the "majority race"...they take an indictment of American society as an indictment on them personally.  I find that disappointing. What she said is reverberated in african-american barbershops all over the country.  The obstacles you have to overcome to be on a level playing field are on average greater.  Are their problems with the African-American community? Yes, there are and I'd be the first one to point them out.  But a lot of them are a result of the circumstances of the places they live.  Those jobs that left their areas never came back after the 70s....right when drugs hit...but that's anther subject.  The fact is you have to be of exceptional character to make it to a level-playing field.  And even then you will not have the same connects or structure to back you up.  But even further, if any of you ever took a sociology course it is explicity show and supported by facts and numbers that women and men who do the same job are not paid the same...even if their credentials are the same.  This holds true between races as well.  The worst paid person is the African-American woman (ironically they get college degrees much more so than us men do...another problem we have to fix internally).  My parents came from West Africa and were college-educated there...and were more than competent.  They educated at a young age about how office politics work.  I grew up with and still have an immensely diverse groups of friends.  My parents and their parents love each other.  It didn't stop them from telling me at a young age..."Look if John gets an B+ then you need to get an A+...once you both get into the office..to move up faster than him or even at the same rate you're going to have to be undeniably better."  Every black kid is taught as a child.  There are numerous reasons...one of them is actual a reverse effect of affirmative action...people question whether or not you really deserved to sit there in the first place...I didn't mark my race when I applied to college (though I don't fault anyone who did) just for the sake of my own ego because of this.  Also, the belief that AA...QBs are given shorter leashes is also widely held amongst many people those of color and those whom are not.  This varies depending on the ownership. The point is, what she said doesn't make her racist.  It doesn't even come close to it.  Is it race-baiting?  No, because it's merely an affirmation of what people of color all across this country feel...who did not grow up affluent or in upper middle class.  There are REAL black racists just like there are of any other race to worry about.  Ms. Hill (whose writing I don't enjoy...I mean this lady called Tim Tebow..Muhammad Ali) is not one of them.  P.S.  The Boondocks draws criticism because some don't understand it's satire and social commentary.  It speaks to the behavior of black americans as much as it speaks about society in general.  I don't always agree with him, but I like a lot of what he does.  Huey..is the intellectual side of the community and his brother respects the raw aspects that sometimes are uncomfortable to talk about.  The fact that people misunderstand his underlying meanings and points such as when Riley attacks Santa Claus because he never delivered gifts to th hood are what make the show great.  MLK episode was powerful...but there's no way for a cultural movement like that to happen ever again.
    Posted by NonChalant1[/QUOTE]

Nonchalant, 
    First and foremost, welcome to the board. I hate to say this, but you're dealing with a great many posters who have a limited scope and aren't interested in HEARING or understanding any views that don't fit into their neat little picture of us. Among other things, I posted a link earlier to another fan (Brookline Rob) which I thought dealt with the word "racist" it's connotations and the perceptions of the author who is from all appearances Hispanic. To date only a few people have chimed in on the article - which gives varying opinions in the accompanying commentary. 
    I've said before, race is like the third rail discussion in this country. Some of us will highlight what we dislike about the other and when challenged on the view, or asked to clarify, give the same cookie cutter responses - making it painfully obvious their experiences or shall I say exposure is limited at best or they just can't answer the question. One last note, if time permits take a look at the Michael Vick and Terrell Suggs discussions. Thoughts are welcome.

In case you're interested, I've attached the link:http://humanrights.change.org/blog/view/can_black_people_be_racist

peace.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Nonchalant,  First and foremost, welcome to the board. I hate to say this, but you're dealing with a great many posters who have a limited scope and aren't interested in HEARING or understanding any views that don't fit into their neat little picture of us. Among other things, I posted a link earlier to another fan (Brookline Rob) which I thought dealt with the word "racist" it's connotations and the perceptions of the author who is from all appearances Hispanic. To date only a few people have chimed in on the article - which gives varying opinions in the accompanying commentary.  I've said before, race is like the third rail discussion in this country. Some of us will highlight what we dislike about the other and when challenged on the view, or asked to clarify, give the same cookie cutter responses - making it painfully obvious their experiences or shall I say exposure is limited at best or they just can't answer the question. One last note, if time permits take a look at the Michael Vick and Terrell Suggs discussions. Thoughts are welcome. In case you're interested, I've attached the link: http://humanrights.change.org/blog/view/can_black_people_be_racist peace.
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt, but you just did it again:

1. You just said "us", separating the fact you are black and I, and others are white.

This is my point. You claim racism and then use it try to talk down to people, pretending you yourself weren't racist right there with that comment.

I believe others called you for attacking me, and pointed out to you, that maybe it's YOU who have racial issue.  Hmm.

You called me a racist because I posted a thread about Terrell Suggs mouthing off.

I did not say one word about skin color or anything. He's a mouthy player.  That's why I posted it.

Is Tom Brady racist because he made fun of said mouthy, immature player?

2.   Splitting hairs about the consideration of the term "racist" or "bias" or whatever you want to call it, is completely irrelevant.  You sound like a half-baked lawyer down to his/her last bullet.

Forget it.

You see race as something at the forefront, almost exclusively, and you are a racist.  Not saying you are, but if a person does that, they are.

It's pretty simple.

You either take people as a person and their merits or you have an issue with what their race is and use it as an excuse.

Brookline gave a superb rundown of his perspective his background and his opinion and basically everyone here thinks it was very well stated.

May I ask what you mean by this?

"Some of us will highlight what we dislike about the other and when challenged on the view, or asked to clarify, give the same cookie cutter responses - making it painfully obvious their experiences or shall I say exposure is limited at best or they just can't answer the question."

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Acknowledging the existance of race and its significance in our culture doesn't make one a racist.  In fact, ignoring the significance of race in our culture might be the most insidious form of racism there is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Nonchalant,  First and foremost, welcome to the board. I hate to say this, but you're dealing with a great many posters who have a limited scope and aren't interested in HEARING or understanding any views that don't fit into their neat little picture of us. Among other things, I posted a link earlier to another fan (Brookline Rob) which I thought dealt with the word "racist" it's connotations and the perceptions of the author who is from all appearances Hispanic. To date only a few people have chimed in on the article - which gives varying opinions in the accompanying commentary.  I've said before, race is like the third rail discussion in this country. Some of us will highlight what we dislike about the other and when challenged on the view, or asked to clarify, give the same cookie cutter responses - making it painfully obvious their experiences or shall I say exposure is limited at best or they just can't answer the question. One last note, if time permits take a look at the Michael Vick and Terrell Suggs discussions. Thoughts are welcome. In case you're interested, I've attached the link: http://humanrights.change.org/blog/view/can_black_people_be_racist peace.
    Posted by paob[/QUOTE]
    I can't get past the part where the author states the definition of racism as a large group oppressing a smaller group.  That is not the definition of racism in any book or by anyone I've ever heard of.  It's a fictional definition, and yet it's the premise of the whole article.  That's probably the defintion of oppression. 

So, yeah- I guess white people cannot be oppressed in America.  The definition of racism however is just feeling a race is superior to another.  Obviously anyone, including blacks can feel their race is superior (and some do).  That would be racist.  It's really very, very simple.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I can't get past the part where the author states the definition of racism as a large group oppressing a smaller group.  That is not the definition of racism in any book or by anyone I've ever heard of.  It's a fictional definition, and yet it's the premise of the whole article.  That's probably the defintion of oppression.  So, yeah- I guess white people cannot be oppressed in America.  The definition of racism however is just feeling a race is superior to another.  Obviously anyone, including blacks can feel their race is superior (and some do).  That would be racist.  It's really very, very simple.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Shenanigan, "technically" you're right:

"

The term racism includes both the belief in racial differences, as well as associated discrimination.[1] Although the term racism usually denotes race-based prejudice, violence, dislike, discrimination, or oppression, the term can also have varying and contested definitions. Racialism is a related term, sometimes intended to avoid these negative meanings. According to the Oxford English Dictionary, racism is a belief or ideology that all members of each racial group possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially to distinguish it as being either superior or inferior to another racial group or racial groups. [4]

The Merriam-Webster's Dictionary defines racism as a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority or inferiority of a particular racial group, and that it is also the prejudice based on such a belief. The Macquarie Dictionary defines racism as: "the belief that human races have distinctive characteristics which determine their respective cultures, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule or dominate others."

"

I would agree that the size of one ethnic population over another is not explicitly stated.

That being said - would it be safe to assume that a higher percentage of racism incidents occur more often in situations/environment where one ethnic population is larger than the other?

For example 3 white guys beat up on 1 Mexican guy because he is Mexican or 3 Asian guys beat up a black guy because he's African American or 3 black guys beating up a white guy cuz he's white?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Posted by paob[/QUOTE]

I read the article, but disagree with the author. Any ethnic population can be racist. See my response to a poster who disagreed with your definition of racism.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I can't get past the part where the author states the definition of racism as a large group oppressing a smaller group.  That is not the definition of racism in any book or by anyone I've ever heard of.  It's a fictional definition, and yet it's the premise of the whole article.  That's probably the defintion of oppression.  So, yeah- I guess white people cannot be oppressed in America.  The definition of racism however is just feeling a race is superior to another.  Obviously anyone, including blacks can feel their race is superior (and some do).  That would be racist.  It's really very, very simple.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Shenanigan,
         First and foremost thanks for the response. I admit I sometimes confuse you with Raptor, anyway, my goal was to get people to look at the accompanying article and not be offended by what the author had to say but most important, have a response that shows they understood even if they disagreed with the view(s) expressed. 
    I identify myself as black and responded to a new poster (Nonchalant who incidentally has a similar history as mine) because they made some thorough observations of the atmosphere on this board. 

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Be Safe!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Acknowledging the existance of race and its significance in our culture doesn't make one a racist.  In fact, ignoring the significance of race in our culture might be the most insidious form of racism there is.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]
    Now that's putting it into perspective. Great job!!