Jamele Hill = Racist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: Jamele Hill = Racist

In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist:
    [QUOTE]No, I'm not okay in the sense that I don't buy any of the crap that whites tend to spout about these things.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Another stupid comment

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Her article in defense of white running backs and how they're treated, managed, perceived and, ultimately, judged should be coming any day now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

People, c'mon now- Let's get this straight once and for all...  Even bein' a white person, I Myself can easily understand the truth of the matter:  No, jesus African Americans do NOT have to be twice as good at something just to be considered equal with Whites...that's imbec!lic.  Black people simply have to usually have to go through twice as much in order to get to be once, or twice, or whatever as good at something than white people...  I mean, IF ya think growin' up in suburbia in New England, ya had to persevere in order to raise yourself up from the same slums, added crime, accesibility to drugs, far less safe recreational outlets, much worse living conditions, infinitely less employment opportunities, terribly worse assets thrown towards basic civic maintenance (education being a huge one), And then The broken families & peer pressures falling victim to these and thus heaping it's own broken & corrupted failed dreams and lives back on the persons in these areas, in order to start the process anew... 

Sure, ya gotta be ten-times the average person in order to raise yourself up from that type of freakin' cellar (and if you're a white person thinkin' you don't; Ya, good luck with that blindness)...  But to even say that An African American has to be TWICE as Good At Something, if and when they DO get there...well, that's just a b#llsh#t cop out. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

As if people don't concede Jordan is the best NBA player of all time because he is with two 3 Peats, mutliple MVPS, total domination, incredible clutch play, etc?

No one looks at Jordan over, say a Bird, and says "he did so much more, but he's black".

No!

It's for what he did as a player.

Good god.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]People, c'mon now- Let's get this straight once and for all...  Even bein' a white person, I Myself can easily understand the truth of the matter:  No, jesus African Americans do NOT have to be twice as good at something just to be considered equal with Whites...that's imbec!lic.  Black people simply have to usually have to go through twice as much in order to get to be once, or twice, or whatever as good at something than white people...  I mean, IF ya think growin' up in suburbia in New England, ya had to persevere in order to raise yourself up from the same slums, added crime, accesibility to drugs, far less safe recreational outlets, much worse living conditions, infinitely less employment opportunities, terribly worse assets thrown towards basic civic maintenance (education being a huge one), And then The broken families & peer pressures falling victim to these and thus heaping it's own broken & corrupted failed dreams and lives back on the persons in these areas, in order to start the process anew...  Sure, ya gotta be ten-times the average person in order to raise yourself up from that type of freakin' cellar (and if you're a white person thinkin' you don't; Ya, good luck with that blindness)...  But to even say that An African American has to be TWICE as Good At Something, if and when they DO get there...well, that's just a b#llsh#t cop out. 

Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Not much good can come from debating this stuff, especially on a football forum, but in my opinion a significant part of the problems you speak of for blacks in this country are self-inflicted.  Just one stat to chew on: In 1965, 25% of black children were born out of wedlock.  Today that number is more than 70%. Somebody needs to look in the mirror and stop blaming others.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist :   Am I black?  That's funny. It's great that you have an "MBA and a good job".  I have a Ph.D. and NO job.  That's great, too.  However, none of that has any bearing on how I feel about how MY racew treated blacks.  I don't care if it was 200 years ago.  We STILL have people treating blacks as sub-human.  I imagine if us whites were treated in a similar manner, we might put our feet in our mouths, too. The incident that I mentioned happenedat an Obama rally in 2008.  Some member of teh right wing showed up at a rally of his with a shotgun.  When whites quit acting like morons, then I will stop defending the actions of blacks.

Or, wouldn't you just call the guy with the shotgun a racist and a cuckoo?

And no, you don't have a PHd. Sorry. Not buying that one.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Acting like it's not "your fault" that there was slavery makes even less sense.

Please explain how being descended from people who made mistakes makes what they did "our fault."

Please.

I'm dying to know.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's not meant to be original.

It's meant to tell you don't have a PHd, because someone who does, couldn't be this daft.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Do you think you may be on the verge of a mental breakdown?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Are you a denier?

I'm just asking you to explain what you said.

All you're doing is throwing out blanket epithets -- "denier," "culturally illiterate" -- that have no context and do nothing to support what you claim to be defending.

I ask you to explain a very clear accusation that you made, and you come back with a buzzword.  You're nothing. You have no argument. You're a fool.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

I am feeling guilty about "stealing" land  (for beads/trinkets and such) from those kind folks who greeted us when we stepped on these shores, 500+ years ago.  Good thing I married one - allows me to make reparations (every time I get paid...)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Not much good can come from debating this stuff, especially on a football forum, but in my opinion a significant part of the problems you speak of for blacks in this country are self-inflicted.  Just one stat to chew on: In 1965, 25% of black children were born out of wedlock.  Today that number is more than 70%. Somebody needs to look in the mirror and stop blaming others.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

I'll underline the reciprocating part you should perhaps reflect on, at least somewhat:

"People, c'mon now- Let's get this straight once and for all...  Even bein' a white person, I Myself can easily understand the truth of the matter:  No, jesus African Americans do NOT have to be twice as good at something just to be considered equal with Whites...that's imbec!lic.  Black people simply have to usually have to go through twice as much in order to get to be once, or twice, or whatever as good at something than white people...  I mean, IF ya think growin' up in suburbia in New England, ya had to persevere in order to raise yourself up from the same slums, added crime, accesibility to drugs, far less safe recreational outlets, much worse living conditions, infinitely less employment opportunities, terribly worse assets thrown towards basic civic maintenance (education being a huge one), And then the broken families & peer pressures falling victim to these and thus heaping it's own broken & corrupted failed dreams and lives back on the persons in these areas, in order to start the process anew... 

Sure, ya gotta be ten-times the average person in order to raise yourself up from that type of freakin' cellar (and if you're a white person thinkin' you don't; Ya, good luck with that blindness)...  But to even say that An African American has to be TWICE as Good At Something, if and when they DO get there...well, that's just a b#llsh#t cop out
    ."

Love that most people growing up nowhere near affected to or subjected to any number of these things, believe almost with singular righteous conviction, That They themselves would have zero problem & the undoubtable strength to raise themselves up out of this situation...  And when 1 person doesn't (or very many), simply cannot get up from this, and those ill-affects come back hoome to roost, then these people are now subject to their very own ill-deeds from their very own people & problems, and thus entirely or even in the majority culpable for their own conditions...  good reasoning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The problem with some of the posters here and scribes like Jamele is that your perspectives are limited to the US and slavery, and you think the only people ever to suffer persecution were African slaves.  Not to downplay slavery in the US at all, for it was a terrible, terrible thing, and there is no doubt racism perseveres here even to this day.  But there are others out there that have suffered too. 

Look at the persecution of the Irish by the English, it went on for 800 years before the first African slave arrived in the US.  You can argue that it still exists today.  My grandparents were treated like animals when they moved to England from Ireland, so much so that they moved to Scotland only to face the same Anti-Fenian sentiment by loyalists and because of sectarianism.  

So yes, slavery was a terrible black eye on US and world history, but I get really tired of articles that suggest that no one else in the world has ever had to face a terrible injustice.  And what about Jews?  Hmong?  Kurds?  Should we stop there?  How about in modern day Sudan?

So could we please move on?    

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Exactly. As if any immigrant class here wasn't treated horribly?

Or Native Americans?

Where is her complaint about other races, if her premise is centered around the concept of race?

She focuses on one race as the victim.

Gee, I am confused.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Well....That journalistic Gem certainly deserves an award.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts