Jamele Hill = Racist

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Jamele Hill = Racist

In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I still don't understand why one is offended by this article. If the identical article is written by a white person - it's still the same thing - just a lousy article. Others have characterized the type of article to be "yellow" journalism. If this is true - and it's merely in there to sell newspapers - then  she basically just did her job; regardless of her color. And, since she was just doing the job  - then that makes her "racist"?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

She's written MANY columns like this and it's always about being black and a victim.

I am not offended. I think she's a JERK and a race baiter like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. I don't think it's prodcutive or in any way beneficial to society to play that role.

Yes, she's clearly a racist because she only sees color as the basis of her columns.

Go read her other columns. I am pretty sure I made it very clear she has done this before.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]"I work with people from all walks of life and treat all with respect because that is how I was raised." I am def. not going to comment on the racist aspect, as I didnt read that article, but I can say this is a lie Russ.  YOu have disrespected many a people on here by brining name calling into the discussion when others have just voiced their opinion.  You call people idiots and tools left and right, yet to prove your current point, you want us to believe you are some sort of mormom....Gimme a break Russ....Why post this crap anyway....When someone called a white person a racist last week, everyone jumped on him and said "this isnt the place" so why is everyone chiming in when its the other foot?
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Umm, I don't care for annoying tools on a messagebaord. Yes, that is correct.

But, in person, with people who are respectiful and nice, pleasant, good people, I treat them the same way as I would like to be treated.

How old are you again?

This is messageboard where we deal with dweebs from other fanbases, etc, constantly spamming the board or posing as Pats fans to troll.

I am pretty sure this is a little different than real life.  Good god.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't read all the posts yest but this was the same woman who called rooting for the Celtics rooting for Hitler during the 08 playoffs.
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Yes, that was one of her racist columns as well that I believe was either altered or taken down to people complaining.

She is a disgrace.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I'm a big subscriber to the Culture of Poverty theory, and not just for blacks but for any racial group.  If poverty is all you see and no one is showing you anything else, how do you ever know that there is more to life than what's in your immediate surroundings?  I took a group of kids to meet a USAF Brigadier General at a speaking engagement who also happened to be black.  Some of these kids didn't even know who Colin Powell is.  Ask them who LeBron James is, yes, everyone knew.   
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

In your opinion, is that because Powell is considered an "uncle tom" by black parents in  a poor community?

I can see that being a reason why Powell isn;t seen as a role model and why LeBron James would be.

I think it's great you are trying to connect with younger people and trying to break that chain and way of thinking.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I think Hill raises an interesting question.  I'm not sure I believe that racism is really involved in these black QB benchings (there are a lot of other factors at work too), but I wouldn't totally dismiss the possibility that even coaches who really don't want to be racist have some subconcious doubts about black QB's being able to perform based on "old tapes" about blacks not being fit for the role.  Sometimes subconscious perceptions affect the way we think and act even if consciously we believe something else.  Reading some of the posts here makes me think that Hill actually does a service asking the question.  Blacks weren't allowed to vote in many places in this country when I was a child.  Racism was alive and kicking well into the 1970s and still lives on in corners of our nation today (for evidence, see certain posters above--I won't call out their names--we all know who they are).  Even those of us who don't want to be racist (and that includes most, if not all, NFL coaches) need to stay vigilant that old stereotypes aren't influencing us even as we consciously reject them and even are replused by them.  BrookineRob says some good things--but Rob, I bet you wouldn't have to do what you do with young black kids if racism wasn't still at least a subliminal factor in our society today, would you?  And you certainly wouldn't have to argue with people like [I'll leave names out--again we know who they are] who say all sorts of scientifically unproven things about the genetics of black people and how those genetics predispose blacks to certain talents and limitations (despite the extraordinary diversity of African genomes, by the way--Africans are far more genetically diverse than people from any other continent, which means stereotypes about their genetic disposition are almost certainly unsupportable).  So, yes, this whole thread seems to prove that there is indeed still some vestige of anti-black racism alive today, even if (for the most part) it is not only subliminal. Of course, the amount of protest when some black person suggests racism still exists (despite it clearly existing just 40 years ago) makes me think that many whites doth protest too much . . . And for the record, I'm white and my ancestors were slave owners.  I even have the photographs of them and their slaves. In fact, I have a picture of my father with one of his great grandfathers ex slaves. So slavery wasn't that far off.  My father (who's still very much alive) actually knew some of his family's (my own family's) ex slaves. The history is way more recent than we think.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Prolate,

Did you say something? 

I guess you can thank those slaves for your fancy pants education, and the legacy that you inherited.

As far as your line about Africans having the most genetic diversity, it is true to an extent.  There is a wide degree of physical diversity in Africa.  In fact, you can find modern day sculls that look just like pilt down man.  Maybe you should define "genetic diversity" for us.  I'll simplify it for the laymen in here.  There are dozens of genes that can be comprised of thousands upon thousands of different sequences of proteins which all result in black skin of one tone or another.  There are the same number of genes which determine white skin color, but there are many fewer combinations of protien sequences found in our genome.  Blah Blah Blah. 

Ok Mr. Snooty pants.  I have a question for you.  Why the hell is Africa the most f#cked up continent in the world?  Do you think any of your family's slaves would like to live there?  They are killing each other by the freaking millions over there.  They can't organize decent governments.  It's been Chaos over there for all of recorded history and before.  The two greatest civilizations on that continent were Egypt which had many slaves, and South Africa which had appartied.  Other than that it has been nothing but thousands of years of murder and chaos.  Remember Kunta Kinte and those peaceful villages we saw in the movies?  Never happened.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I'm not sure if you can really say you were discriminated against by black people   because of your conservative views - people gave you alot of grief for it, but what did they actually take away from you from their position of power?
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

If a white person called me those things it would be called Heinous  discrimination and is reffered to as that anytime you see it on the news.
     What did they take away? My quality of life for a short time and my pride.  It's no different from any other type of discrimination. Don't take this wrong way because I'm not taking a shot at you but you seem to have developed your own definition for discrimination and you could apply your argument to most people who are called racists on a daily basis. This is why I say racism for the most part is a lie that people use when it is most convenient. I don't get into that or the name calling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This thread isn't as good as the infamous "Dungy" thread of a couple of years ago, but it has potential.  I thought we solved world hunger, decided when life begins, and figured out if God exists in that thread.  

Of course, the Dungy thread was discussed in the offseason while there was no football being played.  We'll probably have a looooong offseason next year if a lockout occurs.  Try not to solve every problem now, because we'll need something to discuss.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Very well said Rerun. Your post wins the thread. anonymis - to start I am white and have definitely had racism towards me and my family so I can say without a doubt that it exist on both sides. I have 2 stories so bear with me. When I first started going to college I couldn't afford the college housing (it was like $900 a month) so I got a place in Roxbury within a half mile walk to the T for much cheaper. The neighborhood was almost all black and it never really bothered me but everyday I walked by to get to school I would here all types of stuff and names being called my way by the younger black adults/teenagers. It's funny the older generation that actually went through the 50's and 60's all liked me esp since I helped out this one older lady with her trash and groceries every time I saw her. Well one day I came home from school and my car had a tire popped and keyed up and down, I was pissed. The guy who lived in the basement apt of my building (oddly enough a drug dealer, maybe why something was done?) was angry too saying I didn't deserve this and said he'd have some words and take care of it. After that day nothing happened. I always heard words mumbled under peoples breath but nothing happened. I moved out as soon as my lease was over to a mainly Brazilian community in Everett and haven't had a single issue since. Ok that was story one the second one happened to my sister. She was filling out college forms and accidentally checked off African American on a form. I know "accidentally" but trust me after filling out so many college forms in a row you are bound to make a stupid mistake. Well she got all excited because they informed her that she qualified for 3 additional scholarships. Now my families not rich so an extra 10k a year was huge for her. She went into the offices to sign off on the paper work and they stopped her and yelled at her for checking off African American and told her that those scholarships were being taken away and she would have to account for the mistake in checking the box. Funny thing is my Grandfather is 1/8 African America so I and her are 1/32 but that isn't enough to help someone out and give them a little extra help paying for an education apparently. Now me and my sister might be the rarer exception but it isn't uncommon. Not only that but my family being almost pure Irish could actually trace our roots to being slaves for English nobles so I tend to get really pissed off at race baiters who say I will never understand because my family never had to deal with slavery. Frankly no one in my family owned slaves ever, my parents grew up in Roxbury, I grew up in Peabody and Danvers, we've never really been rich but my family made the best of the situation and even though we've been denied scholarships because of our race we still never cried foul and earned our degrees so that we could improve our lives and our children's lives. I have a black friend from Roxbury who went to college and earned his degree so that one day when he had kids they wouldn't have to live in Roxbury and get a leg up. Even he hates the damn race baiting and in his words, not mine (though I sure there will be some that won't believe me) "Sometimes racism and stereotypes exist for a reason. Even I get scared walking down the street and I pass by a bunch of rapper wanna be gangsta's. I don't feel that same fear when I just walk by a group of white kids"
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

And what you've expressed is fairly consistent with my opinion racism in general.

Keep in mind that I never said white people born and raised in this country never experience racism, but I still stand by my opinion that the percentage of white people who are born and raised here in the united states experience far less incidents of racism than minority races.

However, based on your experiences - I think it's much easier for you to empathize with those who experience racism throughout their lives.

Here's the thing though....and I'm not sure if anyone has actually answered it in this thread yet.

If a white person wrote the same article, isn't it still "race-baiting"?
    And, if we assume that the article was written for the intended purpose of selling papers; as several posters have suggested - does that actually mean that the author is racist? Race-baiting, yes. Racist by default? - I doubt it.

The other point I was trying to make by asking what people's race is and if they've been discriminated against is because it's much harder for that person to truly understand what if feels like......unless it has actually happened to them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

She is a racist *****

The % of black QB's in NFL is much higher than overall % of blacks in the U.S.
    Why doesn't anyone complain that there is not one white cornerback in the league? Why are there so few white running backs?

While we are at it, lets also remember that the NBA is 80% black in a country where the blacks make up only 12% of population.

Whites can never complain about anything, because they will be portrayed as racists.  I guess soon they will make a "black QB rule", which will demand the black QBs be given a starting position.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : THis is just dumb.  I once made the mistake of stopping into a Red Lobster (yes, I know the place s*cks) in DC while driving through, desperate for something to eat. I was with a couple of friends. Everyone in there was black because apparently it was a black neighborhood.  Didn't faze us in terms of thinking much of it, but we got about a dozen holes each stared right through us, and what appeared to be very obvious and purposely bad service. Needless to say, that was uncomfortable. So, you can't just be that ignorant and pretend it on ly goes one way. What planet do you live on? And no, I am not comparing a blatant example of hatred over skin color in my direction to what minorities deal with more frequently. It's amazing to read some people's deluded comments here.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

OMG,  a white boy and his friends get stared at by black people in a black neighborhood once in his life and that makes you an expert on racism. Wow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : And what you've expressed is fairly consistent with my opinion racism in general. Keep in mind that I never said white people born and raised in this country never experience racism, but I still stand by my opinion that the percentage of white people who are born and raised here in the united states experience far less incidents of racism than minority races. However, based on your experiences - I think it's much easier for you to empathize with those who experience racism throughout their lives. Here's the thing though....and I'm not sure if anyone has actually answered it in this thread yet. If a white person wrote the same article, isn't it still "race-baiting"? And, if we assume that the article was written for the intended purpose of selling papers; as several posters have suggested - does that actually mean that the author is racist? Race-baiting, yes. Racist by default? - I doubt it. The other point I was trying to make by asking what people's race is and if they've been discriminated against is because it's much harder for that person to truly understand what if feels like......unless it has actually happened to them.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

1. It's unlikely a non-black writer would take that angle.
    2. But, yes, any time your premise or focus is centered around race, absolutely it's race baiting, black, white, yellow or green.

We aren't discussing History or aspects of soceity or in taking Socio-Economics here.

These guys get paid millions of dollars as a chip to make millions more for the owners.  Everyone is under the gun at that position.

It's about winning and SBs. Doug Williams gets credit for catching fire and winning a SB. It was great, but he didn't have a great career.

McNabb has had a GREAT career but has failed to the deliver the hardware. He also has technical flaws in his throws and hasn't shown to be the best leader.

So be it.

Can we just call it like it is on face value and judge people in this context on their merit?

How hard is this?  If you're racist, apparently it's very hard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : OMG,  a white boy and his friends get stared at by black people in a black neighborhood once in his life and that makes you an expert on racism. Wow.

An expert?

No, it's an anecdote explaining that some black people really hate people like me because I am white.

Are you this obtuse?

How old are you?   Seriously.   20?

You're the one who stated blacks can't be racist and hate whites.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"Ok Mr. Snooty pants.  I have a question for you.  Why the hell is Africa the most f#cked up continent in the world?  Do you think any of your family's slaves would like to live there?  They are killing each other by the freaking millions over there.  They can't organize decent governments.  It's been Chaos over there for all of recorded history and before." 

Ah no...Actually, Africa had some fantastic and highly successful Civilizations, culturally, economically, military-From the very beginnings of Ancient Egypt on up past Carthage, during the times of The Romans...  See, I don't know if ya know this, but the world and everythhing in it, has sorta sped up just a tad bit throughout the past couple millenia, With each passing century it gets infinitely faster.  From information, to any & ALL inventions, from political systems to weapons of warfare...faster, and faster, and faster.  The end result being, as trade and information get shared and things get developed, there sometimes (*gasp), Are people who want to secure these resources and developments for themselves and for those they perceive are like themselves, The end result being, certain people get exploited due to the quickening circumstances within the development and use of these inventions, resources, etc., And in many aspects as 1 culture who happens to be around and in many cases, "lucks" into the very best & most successful uses of these things, They end up skyrocketting miles ahead of other people & cultures...  This has happened INFINITELY more within the past 2000 years, and infinitely more within the past 200 years.  In 1 sense, as the world has become a smaller place through exploration, better trade, and greater population, when 1 culture is able to make some leap forward, Extremely soon-It ends up being a MONUMENTAL leap forward when they can fully exploit the people who didn't initiially get that "break." 

I mean, you've thought about simple stuff like this, right?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"I am no racist by any stretch of the imagination, but, one thing I notice the most.. of all the ethnicities in the world, the African-American group uses the race card the most to whine about their plight."
         ~agcsbill

agcs
    , Gotta ask ya...To come upon this conclusion did you ask all your multi-ethnic and minority friends here & abroad, currently living as a minority group within some country, Or Did you just go to the local library (or town hall), in order to pick up that famous list of largescale & underprivledged (now or just historically) National minority groups... 
         Ya see, in order to conclude the same, I did BOTH things I outlined above...but, I'm usually pretty thorough all-around.  Yet, I hear now that you don't neccessarily HAVE to do both...  But, the rule-of-thumb is, That ya gotta do 1.  But that's IF you're a Democrat...Republican, and it's 2 still (Independant? 1 & 1/2)  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]If a white person wrote the same article, isn't it still "race-baiting"? And, if we assume that the article was written for the intended purpose of selling papers; as several posters have suggested - does that actually mean that the author is racist? Race-baiting, yes. Racist by default? - I doubt it.

I understand anonymis but I was coming off your question as a general answer to those who only think that racism comes from one direction. It seemed like a good quote to use as a general statement piece not directed completely at you. Personally I truly believe that now a days if race was emphasized less there would be less racism. Of course it would still exist but columns like this just keep bringing it up and making it a point. Up until the earlier 90's I'd say it needed to be addressed and should have been a focus but now a days with the next generation taking over I feel that stuff like this only serves to create further divides to the races not to unite them.

To answer your question though if a white person had written the article I think you would see a number of black people complaining they had no right to comment on the situation and that they wouldn't know what it's like being black and working harder to get the same respect as white people. All in all I think this article does nothing but promote racism regardless of whoever wrote it.

As for her being racist, well if she wrote 1 maybe 2 columns like this to sell papers I could understand and only call her a race baiter but after reading a number of her columns it's obvious that she has a grudge against white people and feel that black society it always being oppressed. I don't know what happened to her to feel like that but I'd like to ask if a white writer wrote an article like this about white point guards in the NBA how would they be treated? All I ask for regardless of race is equal treatment. No one should be given special consideration based on race.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Funny how some people try to engage you around here and think that their subtle condecending undertones will go right over your head like you're an f-ing idiot.  Their superiority complex makes them think their clever words shroud the fact that they hold you in such low regard.  You know who you are. 

Some (very few) of you here might just as well come out and say what you really think.  Don't pu$sy foot, you're anonymous.  Just say that you think minorities (blacks in particular) are mentally inferior.  And you justify this belief with some whack theories about honey bees and athleticism.  

Believe me, I've read more on this one subject than some of you have read in your entire lives.  This thread alone proves racism still exists, except today people are more cautious about what they say because their beliefs are not as widely held as they once were and your own race would tell you that you're a hate mongering neo-KKK reject.  

Thanks to everyone who legitimately tried to have a real discussion.  For the record, I think people who go through life saying complaining how bad their luck is are doomed to realize an unfulfilled life.            

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : An expert? No, it's an anecdote explaining that some black people really hate people like me because I am white. Are you this obtuse? How old are you?   Seriously.   20? You're the one who stated blacks can't be racist and hate whites.

Really? I said that? I don't think so. Please show me where I wrote that.

So, this woman's employer hires her as a writer. They say - we want you to write an article about sports and race issues - that should sell some papers.  After the article is published - the newspaper makes more money.  A few months later she's asked by the employer to do the same thing. And she does  because her paycheck comes from the company. This isn't any different from a cookie manufacturer making another darned oreo cookie.

Here, you declare this black woman as racist because she has produced another cookie-cutter article involving race. You don't know this woman, you've never had a conversation with her and yet you declare her as a racist. She can't even defend herself in this forum.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I understand anonymis but I was coming off your question as a general answer to those who only think that racism comes from one direction. It seemed like a good quote to use as a general statement piece not directed completely at you. Personally I truly believe that now a days if race was emphasized less there would be less racism. Of course it would still exist but columns like this just keep bringing it up and making it a point. Up until the earlier 90's I'd say it needed to be addressed and should have been a focus but now a days with the next generation taking over I feel that stuff like this only serves to create further divides to the races not to unite them. To answer your question though if a white person had written the article I think you would see a number of black people complaining they had no right to comment on the situation and that they wouldn't know what it's like being black and working harder to get the same respect as white people. All in all I think this article does nothing but promote racism regardless of whoever wrote it. As for her being racist, well if she wrote 1 maybe 2 columns like this to sell papers I could understand and only call her a race baiter but after reading a number of her columns it's obvious that she has a grudge against white people and feel that black society it always being oppressed. I don't know what happened to her to feel like that but I'd like to ask if a white writer wrote an article like this about white point guards in the NBA how would they be treated? All I ask for regardless of race is equal treatment. No one should be given special consideration based on race.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

I hear ya.  But here's the kicker - she gets paid to do what she does because it makes money for her and her employer. That doesn't make her a racist because she uses the same template and theme for her articles.

Why does Victoria Secret produce the same kind of articles of clothing and produces the same type of commercials using beautiful women? Because sex sells their product.  If they change their recipe and start producing undergarments that look like kitchen bags....I don't think they would be as successful.

I agree that people should be treated equally regardless of race. I guess that would be possible if racism didn't exist. Since it does, I'm okay with affirmative action. Are those policies perfect? Nope.

When it comes to things like unemployment benefits or welfare or other social service programs - do I like them? Not when they're abused - but I understand the needs for those programs. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Funny how some people try to engage you around here and think that their subtle condecending undertones will go right over your head like you're an f-ing idiot.  Their superiority complex makes them think their clever words shroud the fact that they hold you in such low regard.  You know who you are.  Some (very few) of you here might just as well come out and say what you really think.  Don't pu$sy foot, you're anonymous.  Just say that you think minorities (blacks in particular) are mentally inferior.  And you justify this belief with some whack theories about honey bees and athleticism.   Believe me, I've read more on this one subject than some of you have read in your entire lives.  This thread alone proves racism still exists, except today people are more cautious about what they say because their beliefs are not as widely held as they once were and your own race would tell you that you're a hate mongering neo-KKK reject.   Thanks to everyone who legitimately tried to have a real discussion.  For the record, I think people who go through life saying complaining how bad their luck is are doomed to realize an unfulfilled life.            
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

I'll say this, Rob.

I opted out of this discussion around page 2, because it quickly escalated into an entirely different debate, but I freely admit that I do believe Jamele Hill -- as an individual -- is, indeed, mentally inferior. My beef with her is purely a journalistic one. As a publisher, I would never have printed certain parts of what she wrote in this particular article, and having read a portion of her work and seen her periodically on television, I have come to the simple conclusion that she is not particularly bright. If it makes me a racist and/or a sexist to suggest that the reason she is able to succeed in her profession despite her apparent stupidity is because she is both black and a woman, then I guess a racist and a sexist is what I am.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

[QUOTE]" Ok Mr. Snooty pants.  I have a question for you.  Why the hell is Africa the most f#cked up continent in the world?  Do you think any of your family's slaves would like to live there?  They are killing each other by the freaking millions over there.  They can't organize decent governments.  It's been Chaos over there for all of recorded history and before ."  Ah no...Actually, Africa had some fantastic and highly successful Civilizations, culturally, economically, military-From the very beginnings of Ancient Egypt on up past Carthage, during the times of The Romans...  See, I don't know if ya know this, but the world and everythhing in it, has sorta sped up just a tad bit throughout the past couple millenia, With each passing century it gets infinitely faster.  From information, to any & ALL inventions, from political systems to weapons of warfare...faster, and faster, and faster.  The end result being, as trade and information get shared and things get developed, there sometimes (*gasp), Are people who want to secure these resources and developments for themselves and for those they perceive are like themselves, The end result being, certain people get exploited due to the quickening circumstances within the development and use of these inventions, resources, etc., And in many aspects as 1 culture who happens to be around and in many cases, "lucks" into the very best & most successful uses of these things, They end up skyrocketting miles ahead of other people & cultures...  This has happened INFINITELY more within the past 2000 years, and infinitely more within the past 200 years.  In 1 sense, as the world has become a smaller place through exploration, better trade, and greater population, when 1 culture is able to make some leap forward, Extremely soon-It ends up being a MONUMENTAL leap forward when they can fully exploit the people who didn't initiially get that "break."  I mean, you've thought about simple stuff like this, right?  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Ever heard of Rhodesia?   A former 1st world country with a superb economy, military and society.   What has happened to Zimbabwe since 1980? In 30 years of majority rule, the locals have turned Rhodesia into a disease infested filthy toilet bowl. Now there is cannibalism, starvation, extinction of animals, destruction of farms, everything you could imagine!  Just proves Africans cannot run anything.

The same goes for South Africa.  The last bright light on the whole continent, with the best economy, military, currency, infastructure, schools, universities in Africa!  It is now becoming a dirty garbage dumb since 1994 because the Africans took over!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I hear ya.  But here's the kicker - she gets paid to do what she does because it makes money for her and her employer. That doesn't make her a racist because she uses the same template and theme for her articles. Why does Victoria Secret produce the same kind of articles of clothing and produces the same type of commercials using beautiful women? Because sex sells their product.  If they change their recipe and start producing undergarments that look like kitchen bags....I don't think they would be as successful.

Ironic you defend her, yet the QBs that coaches use in the NFL, yellow, blue, white or black are intended to make the the owner money by winning.

If they don't; win, it has no bearing on what color the skin is, it's because they didn't win.

And, didn't you say you'd be interested to know what people's race is who responded in this thread?

Why?

You seem to imply that only whites are racist and blacks could not be.

It baffles me that you defend here for using race, a topic that is at the center of the struggles of minorites, including blacks, yet that is what she is really complaining about when she points about blacks not getting a fair shake as a QB, compared to whites.

The hypocrisy is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

So I am black, for example, realize I hadn't been represented by the Constitution, the government, etc, and now I am looking at the very reason why I wasn't, as to why black QBs don';t get a fair shake?

You don't see the hypocrisy in a black person making this claim?

It's not like they are on a different pay scale.   Does Willie Mays get less respect because he's black?  I don't think so. Not by baseball fans.

I already used the Jordan reference.   It's about the merit, not the skin color.

If Malcolm X or David Farrakhan could throw 40 TDs per year, he'd be in the NFL doing  it.  They'd be black and be racist, but they'd still be a great QB.

If they failed or weren't that good, they;d be criticized like Ryan Leaf was, or Jore Harrington, or David Carr, or.....You get the point.

Maybe these particular QBs never advanced to the Manning or Brady stage for a reason other than playing the victim role?

Here's the real kicker and someone mentioned it above:

This kind of junk apparently sells.   It does. Just like sex scandals, reality tv, claims of cheating, and everything else.

It doesn't mean I respect the people that sell off their integrity to sell it.

Your claim is she is not a racist and is forced to write these columns? I am not buying that spin job deluxe by you.

She writes this all the time.   This is her.  She also is constantly using that angle on the show she shows up on during the day on ESPN. Skip Bayless, etc.

Howard Bryant does the same thing. He acts like the only place on earth where he ran into racist situations was in Boston or Plymouth, MA.

So old. So very old.

Phony.

Also, calling Jamele HIll successful as a race baiting columnist is like saying David Duke sold a lot of strong extremist white supremacy material to racist whites.

Super!

Congratulations!  What a career!   Mucho respect!   Pulitzer prize coming up!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I'll say this, Rob. I opted out of this discussion around page 2, because it quickly escalated into an entirely different debate, but I freely admit that I do believe Jamele Hill -- as an individual -- is, indeed, mentally inferior. My beef with her is purely a journalistic one. As a publisher, I would never have printed certain parts of what she wrote in this particular article, and having read a portion of her work and seen her periodically on television, I have come to the simple conclusion that she is not particularly bright. If it makes me a racist and/or a sexist to suggest that the reason she is able to succeed in her profession despite her apparent stupidity is because she is both black and a woman, then I guess a raccist and a sexist is what I am.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

P-mike, agreed on Jamele.  You don't strike me as one who has written off an entire race, and the comments weren't aimed at you or those critcizing her shoddy work. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

She is a racist *****

Sorry *wags finger*  theres 4 letters in ****

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : I hear ya.  But here's the kicker - she gets paid to do what she does because it makes money for her and her employer. That doesn't make her a racist because she uses the same template and theme for her articles. Why does Victoria Secret produce the same kind of articles of clothing and produces the same type of commercials using beautiful women? Because sex sells their product.  If they change their recipe and start producing undergarments that look like kitchen bags....I don't think they would be as successful.

Yes she gets paid to do it but, imo at leas,t if you don't agree with what you are doing then you don't do it. Some of you know I'm an engineer, if a company gives me a paycheck and tells me to sign off on a design that has a fatal flaw and might result in injury then isn't it my duty to quit the company and report them for unsafe practices? It's the same thing in my mind, if she didn't believe what she was writing then she shouldn't have to written it. And if a company tells her to write something to bait racist based solely on the fact that it sells copies then wouldn't they in fact be inciting racism? So to me you are either trying to fix the problem or you're only promoting the problem which makes you part of the problem.

I guess the best analogy I can give are priests. It pays very little (opposite of her actually) but it's their job to spread the word so I wouldn't expect to see someone who didn't believe in what they were preaching becoming a priest just for a pay check

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jamele Hill = Racist : Ironic you defend her, yet the QBs that coaches use in the NFL, yellow, blue, white or black are intended to make the the owner money by winning. If they don't; win, it has no bearing on what color the skin is, it's because they didn't win. And, didn't you say you'd be interested to know what people's race is who responded in this thread? Why? You seem to imply that only whites are racist and blacks could not be. It baffles me that you defend here for using race, a topic that is at the center of the struggles of minorites, including blacks, yet that is what she is really complaining about when she points about blacks not getting a fair shake as a QB, compared to whites. The hypocrisy is incredible. Absolutely incredible. So I am black, for example, realize I hadn't been represented by the Constitution, the government, etc, and now I am looking at the very reason why I wasn't, as to why black QBs don';t get a fair shake? You don't see the hypocrisy in a black person making this claim? If Malcolm X or David Farrakhan could throw 40 TDs per year, he'd be in the NFL doing  it. if they failed or weren't that good, they;d be criticized like Ryan Leaf was, or Jore Harrington, or David Carr, or.....You get the point. Maybe these particular QBs never advanced to the Manning or Brady stage for a reason other than playing the victim role?

No, I didn't imply any such thing. I've already explicity stated why I asked both the background and experiences of discrimination. Go back and read.

In addition, I am not defending her article. It's crap.  However, you've declared her as being a racist - and all that you have to support that is the fact that she has published numerous race-baiting articles. She is paid to write the crap, it doesn't make her racist.  She writes it cuz it  pays da bills. Now, if you told me that you had a chance to speak with her in person - and she got hostile with you and told you to get your cracker-azz out of her office....then you'd have a point.

Sections
Shortcuts