James Harrison.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

James Harrison.....

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports the Steelers have reached an impasse in contract restructuring talks with James Harrison.

Per the Post-Gazette, "the chance has increased that the star linebacker could be released soon." Added beat reporter Ed Bouchette on ESPN Thursday, "They've been talking all day and they've gotten nowhere. ... Neither side has come to any kind of agreement on this." The Steelers want Harrison to take a pay cut off his $6.57 million base salary. So far, Harrison's camp is balking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: James Harrison.....

What's his health looking like?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

No way any pats fans would want this "gangbanging thug"  Atleast thats what fans were saying 2 years ago. Lets see if they flip now..  lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Not sure if it means anything but caught this on a Steelers blog...............................

The Steelers were under the NFL’s salary cap last week, but signing William Gay likely brought them back up to or above the cap. And the Steelers have restricted free agents such as Isaac Redman and Emmanuel Sanders to resign; they undoubtedly like bring back some of their unrestricted free agents such as Larry Foote or perhaps Plaxico Burress.

To do that they need money. They can restructure LaMarr Woodley’s contract, but they don’t want to do that.

• They can gain 5 million and change by cutting James Harrison outright.

The Steelers don’t want to do that because James Harrison still has something left, and he’s still better than Jason Worilds.

The two sides are still talking, but the clock is ticking….

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Might be a good ...one/two year pickup ...if that option is available....still averaging double digit sacks I think.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

this is what the preseason is for..........wild replacement options......we all know BB won't but it makes it fun...till the season starts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Absolutely not! Dirty player ..maybe the Jets.will be dumb enough to.find some money for this perp..perfect Rex Ryan player...washed up!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL. C'mon man. No thanks

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Well, he will be released today according to NFL network...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

If it is a questipn of whether or not he adds value on the field ... well... he does. Clearly. If it is a question of overpaying for what he brings, I am not sure but I expect if Pitt does not want to pay his asking price neitehr will we. But I do think he would make the D better - if he was on the field.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Never liked the guy or his game, but I thought Rodney Harrison was a cheap SOB when he played for the Chargers too.  Unlike R. Harrison though, I think J. Harrison's best days are past.  Not to say he can't still play, but I think some desperate team will overpay him a bit.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

If can still play, which i think so BB will make it happen

and I wish we could stop calling players who play the game hard/tough "thugs" that kind of play made the game a lot of money..so sick and tired of hearing that...I dont want to pull the race card out BUT the "thug" reference always comes up when it is a black player...how ironic

But anyways BB knows whats best

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

James Harrison  changes  tune on Patriots  

Posted  24 min ago   (Jeff Howe Boston Herald)

Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison has thrown more than a few verbal haymakers at the Patriots during his career. Now, he's angling for a handshake.

Harrison was released by the Steelers today and was asked by ESPN about potentially playing for the Pats. His response was telling.

"Of course it would be nice to play with Tom Brady," Harrison said. "I mean, who wouldn't want to?"

Harrison also said he isn't opposed to playing with anyone.

Harrison, who turns 35 in May, has played outside linebacker in the Steelers' 3-4, but the Pats played with more four-man fronts in the last two seasons. Yet, they used both Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich in stand-up roles in 2012, so there's no doubt Bill Belichick could use Harrison in an edge-rushing capacity if the interest happens to be mutual.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

He brings the toughness an attitude that is sorely lacking on the Patriots D. Does he have anything left is the question. But you won't know if you don't give him a shot.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to Rocky's comment:

James Harrison  changes  tune on Patriots  

Posted  24 min ago   (Jeff Howe Boston Herald)

Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison has thrown more than a few verbal haymakers at the Patriots during his career. Now, he's angling for a handshake.

Harrison was released by the Steelers today and was asked by ESPN about potentially playing for the Pats. His response was telling.

"Of course it would be nice to play with Tom Brady," Harrison said. "I mean, who wouldn't want to?"

Harrison also said he isn't opposed to playing with anyone.

Harrison, who turns 35 in May, has played outside linebacker in the Steelers' 3-4, but the Pats played with more four-man fronts in the last two seasons. Yet, they used both Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich in stand-up roles in 2012, so there's no doubt Bill Belichick could use Harrison in an edge-rushing capacity if the interest happens to be mutual.

Yeah, but Suggs says everyone hates the Pats, so this quotation must be false!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

If he will take a 1 year 2-3 Mil why not.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

for vet minimum and depth, sure, why not. But let's not waste a roster spot for a position where we still need some signficant help.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

I would take Freeney over Harrison

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Past his prime on the 17th hole of the back nine... That woud be a pass for me.

Agreed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

They'd only sign him on the cheap . . . I expect he'll be on a market for awhile (a least until after the draft) as I do not see a big rush to sign a guy who on the way out the door. 

Sections
Shortcuts