james sanders for greg olsen sounds great lets take it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

james sanders for greg olsen sounds great lets take it?

I say go for it

sanders or springs for greg olsen

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hayes/2111372,CST-SPT-neil19.article

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: james sanders for greg olsen sounds great lets take it?

please post the article...I can't get into the site.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

HERES a link that references the article :

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

from the article

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hayes/2111372,CST-SPT-neil19.article

Angelo insists he isn't shopping tight end Greg Olsen. He will listen to offers, however, and he shouldn't be surprised if New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick shows interest. The Patriots don't have a reliable tight end, but they do have three second-round picks, which Angelo surely has noticed.

Pats cornerback Shawn Springs is likely available via a trade. The 14-year veteran is slowing, but he could add veteran depth at an important position as a throw-in. New England safety James Sanders, a fourth-round pick in 2005, also may be expendable now that Belichick is convinced that ex-Bear Brandon McGowan will be a long-term contributor.

Sanders hasn't been a huge playmaker, but he's suited to playing safety in the cover-2 style. Like Grant, he's a heady player who can can add consistency, which the Bears desperately need in the secondary even if Peppers exceeds everybody's expectations.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

LIke most "trade rumours " ...its mostly speculation

Obviously OLSON 4 Sanders , on paper , is a no-brainer ...

Personally , I'd rather cut bait with Brandon U-TURN Meriweather
     ( His pattern of allowing many more HUGE plays than he makes is now officially a pattern )

We could probably fleece a 1st rounder from somebody for the "Pro Bowler " ***

*** - See watered down '09 Pro Bowl (where even David Garrard was somehow considered a PBer )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

That is interesting....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: james sanders for greg olsen sounds great lets take it?:
     LIke most "trade rumours " ...its mostly speculation Obviously OLSON 4 Sanders , on paper , is a no-brainer ...  Personally , I'd rather cut bait with Brandon U-TURN Meriweather  ( His pattern of allowing many more HUGE plays than he makes is now officially a pattern )  We could probably fleece a 1st rounder from somebody for the "Pro Bowler " *** *** - See watered down '09 Pro Bowl (where even David Garrard was somehow considered a PBer )  
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

Merriweather has been working out in the offseason with Ed Reed......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I love the line "New England safety James Sanders, a fourth-round pick in 2005, also may be expendable now that Belichick is convinced that ex-Bear Brandon McGowan will be a long-term contributor." 

Like this person know's BB's thoughts on McGowan.

If I'm not mistaken, McGowan saw his playing time decrease in the second half of the year in favor of Sanders and his intelligence, on field leadership and ability to make the secondary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I would think about it.  I am sure Chung and McGowan can man the SS position, and Sanders makes a lot of money for someone who didn't play a lot last year.  But Sanders is versatile and that would be missed.  Not sure if the Sanders/Olsen trade would be straight up or would require picks.  Crumpler is a good blocker and can catch, Olsen would be a complement to Alge's role as a blocker.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

RE : Merriweather has been working out in the offseason with Ed Reed.

I remember when we drafted Meriweather and they kept showing the video of him running onto the field and throwing a sucker shot to the back of an opposing players head ( I believe he was suspended for it ) , Anyway ,I recall thinkin' BB must have lowered his standards as to what constitutes "Patriot material " .
       As Brandon " The U 's " Pats career has unfolded , I've been pleasantly surprised with his attitude , on and off the field . I think it's great that he's reaching out to a mentor. My problem with "the U " is that he just doesn't seem to have " it " .
      The great Safetys in NFL history ( REED is a perfect example ) seem to have a 6th sense for when to make a play ( and when to play it "safe" )
      ALL SAFETYS GET BEAT ... but they also counteract the crush of giving up those momentum changing plays with the occasional Monster Play of their own
    ( apart from U-Turns awesome special team fumble causing hit vs BUF on MNF last season ...I can't recall a single defensive "game changer " the guy has ever made )

I JUST FEEL HE JUST ISNT A PLAYMAKER .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

RE : Merriweather has been working out in the offseason with Ed Reed.  I remember when we drafted Meriweather and they kept showing the video of him running onto the field and throwing a sucker shot to the back of an opposing players head ( I believe he was suspended for it ) , Anyway ,I recall thinkin' BB must have lowered his standards as to what constitutes "Patriot material " .    As Brandon " The U 's " Pats career has unfolded , I've been pleasantly surprised with his attitude , on and off the field . I think it's great that he's reaching out to a mentor. My problem with "the U " is that he just doesn't seem to have " it " .   The great Safetys in NFL history ( REED is a perfect example ) seem to have a 6th sense for when to make a play ( and when to play it "safe" )   ALL SAFETYS GET BEAT ... but they also counteract the crush of giving up those momentum changing plays with the occasional Monster Play of their own ( apart from U-Turns awesome special team fumble causing hit vs BUF on MNF last season ...I can't recall a single defensive "game changer " the guy has ever made )  I JUST FEEL HE JUST ISNT A PLAYMAKER .
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

So what do you want? Him to BE Ed Reed?

Merriweather graded out as the 7th best safety in the NFL last season according to Pro Football Focus. That's out of ALL safeties both SS and FS. That's 7th overall grading and also 7th in coverage grading. That was also while playing more snaps than any of the players grading out higher than him.

You can check it yourself here if you like.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I rather trade McGowan and AD who would provide them with depth at LB and pass rush which they still need even with Peppers.  McGowan is not Sanders and I might be in the minority who thinks sanders should be the starting FS until a better option is available.

I hope we start sanders at FS, Chung at SS and move Meri to nickle CB. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Sanders for Olsen might be the only way I like us getting him... I am biased I know (UMaine Alum) but I have said all along McGowan would replace Sanders this year. McGowan would have never been available for us to get if it wernt for bad luck on his part (injuries) and a bit of reckless play (he use to abuse his body with some of the angles he took etc) but he is older and smarter now and has changed the way he plays and still does a really nice job.  Sanders is even more expendable if you look at Chung being a piece (I think he will be) of the long term puzzle.

As for Merriweather he has shown signs he can be a very good Safety in the NFL but is inconsistant.... I like what I am hearing about his watching film of his bad games and working out with Reed etc. I look forward to an improvement there... I am not willing to part ways with him...yet. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

please send springs also.but no 2nd rd pick.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4190

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

please send springs also.but no 2nd rd pick. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4190
    Posted by mosseffect43

McGowan, Springs, AD for Olsen even trade nothing back from the bears.  they get secondary help and another LB which they need, win win for the Pats.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: james sanders for greg olsen sounds great lets take it? : Are you on acid? Mover Meriweather to nickel? NO WAY. He's way too big for that role.  Move Wilhite to Nickel. 
    Posted by russgriswold

not acid actually know a bit about football and do my homework before throwing scenarios out.  He is a better slot CB than he is a safety.  Yeah he's huge 5'11" 200, wow huge safety isn't he.

He played CB in college and has the speed to still play the position.  Do your homework jack before throwing those comments out, you sound like an idiot

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Olsen for a B- safety????  in a heart beat.  But they are going to need a pick to go along with that.  Olsen was first rounder who has lived up to the hype, a late second may be what they are holding out for but after getting Martz and his TE blocking only scheme they lost their leverage.  Maybe they will take sanders and our 4th rounder.  
    Smells like a second day trade to me....  Can't wait for April 22nd.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Do this trade in a heartbeat.  And Merriweather is a player. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

why would the bears trade for Mcgowan who they cut two years ago...mcgowan IS the best hitter at safety the pats have.... sanders is slow to the point of attack and to the edge...but probably set the defense better than mcgowan...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

why would the bears trade for Mcgowan who they cut two years ago...mcgowan IS the best hitter at safety the pats have.... sanders is slow to the point of attack and to the edge...but probably set the defense better than mcgowan...
    Posted by jcour382

Because he is better than what they have now and they also can't do much in the draft because they do not pick until the 3rd round.  They also need a tackle probably more urgently than they need a safety if they want to keep cutler healthy so in the 3rd they almost have to pick an OL.  Some mocks have the bears taking OL with every pick but two that's how much they need OL help.

What I would want to know is will they take Light for Olson and to me I think we could get a late draft pick back.  He would be an upgrade and would start for them at LT for a few years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Hey pats7393, Meri is the same size as Ed reed 5'11 200lbs and reed plays free safety(altough he did play SS for a couple years) but hes more suited to FS as i think Meri would be also as it more of a free roaming type position that i think would suit meri better as hes not a great tackler. i think if Meri moved to FS you would notice less how not great he is at tackling.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Hey pats7393, Meri is the same size as Ed reed 5'11 200lbs and reed plays free safety(altough he did play SS for a couple years) but hes more suited to FS as i think Meri would be also as it more of a free roaming type position that i think would suit meri better as hes not a great tackler. i think if Meri moved to FS you would notice less how not great he is at tackling.
    Posted by R3S1N20

I'm not saying he's not big enought to play safety what I'm making a point to is russ saying is too big to play CB.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

it sounded to me like the article was suggesting a second rounder plus either sanders or springs for olsen. i think it would actually be a decent trade if it was the last of our three second rounders. but while we're throwing stuff out there...why not offer matt light for olsen straight up? i dont know too much about the bears situation but they released orlando pace so i assume they are desperate for a tackle. and its hard to find a decent starting tackle. and personally i would rather see seabass out there than light. just a thought....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Think they will take Wilhite,  and Wheatly for Olsen

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

maybe they will take crable for peppers. he's younger!

Sections
Shortcuts