Jamie Collins is make me eat my words and other random thoughts...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Re: Jamie Collins is make me eat my words and other random thoughts...

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Belichick had some pretty high praise for Collins an hour ago on the radio...he said he was explosive, powerful, smart, fast, long...he said Collins can play on the line, behind the line, in space, in coverage by himself, on special teams, in blitz, take on block, tackle. He said the kid can do everything and he LOVES having him on the team. Anyone ever hear him say something like that about a rookie? Heck, anyone ever hear him say something like that about anyone on our team, aside from Brady? I haven't.

Just heard that.  He was very complementary and went on forever.  Talked about his teams losing season but was really impressed with his versatility and thought it might have hurt him in the draft because nobody knew where to play him.

Did you hear what he said about running the ball?  THE BW's will cry again.

"no body wants to be calling run plays when they're picking up a yard or two.  You might as well call a QB sneak"  LOL

Basically he said, it depends on game situation.   Weather was a factor, more so @the Bills.

If you're ahead by 14 you are going to be more balanced, as apposed to being 14 points behind.  Again that 4th quarter thing.

If you can run great. If you can pass great.  It all comes down to execution and scoring points.  That is all.

Collins will be a superstar and team captain one day not too far off. His atheltic skill and instincts are special. Dude is a born football player...a natural. Stays healthy and he will be THE GUY. I love him.....always have.

[/QUOTE]

You have always loved him? All these many years months games? Sorry. You may have been one of us who liked him from the start of his career.... THIS YEAR. When you say "always" it just seems a little odd.... like hearing a song for the second time and saying.. you know.. I've always liked that song.

[/QUOTE]

"Always" as in the first time I saw him play at Southern Miss, as in the first time I hear a 6'3" 230lb, now 250+ LB was jumping 40+ inches in high school. Always as in the first time I posted as such back in August of this year before you probably knew he was on the team. Always as in before you knew he would be doing this when I said so RIGHT HERE before he played his first real down on the team. ALWAYS 

[/QUOTE]

It would be almost like saying.. I have always thought this thread was stupid....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Belichick had some pretty high praise for Collins an hour ago on the radio...he said he was explosive, powerful, smart, fast, long...he said Collins can play on the line, behind the line, in space, in coverage by himself, on special teams, in blitz, take on block, tackle. He said the kid can do everything and he LOVES having him on the team. Anyone ever hear him say something like that about a rookie? Heck, anyone ever hear him say something like that about anyone on our team, aside from Brady? I haven't.

Just heard that.  He was very complementary and went on forever.  Talked about his teams losing season but was really impressed with his versatility and thought it might have hurt him in the draft because nobody knew where to play him.

"no body wants to be calling run plays when they're picking up a yard or two.  You might as well call a QB sneak"  LOL

Basically he said, it depends on game situation.   Weather was a factor, more so @the Bills.

If you're ahead by 14 you are going to be more balanced, as apposed to being 14 points behind.  Again that 4th quarter thing.

If you can run great. If you can pass great.  It all comes down to execution and scoring points.  That is all.

Collins will be a superstar and team captain one day not too far off. His atheltic skill and instincts are special. Dude is a born football player...a natural. Stays healthy and he will be THE GUY. I love him.....always have.

You have always loved him? All these many years months games? Sorry. You may have been one of us who liked him from the start of his career.... THIS YEAR. When you say "always" it just seems a little odd.... like hearing a song for the second time and saying.. you know.. I've always liked that song.

[/QUOTE]

"Always" as in the first time I saw him play at Southern Miss, as in the first time I hear a 6'3" 230lb, now 250+ LB was jumping 40+ inches in high school. Always as in the first time I posted as such back in August of this year before you probably knew he was on the team. Always as in before you knew he would be doing this when I said so RIGHT HERE before he played his first real down on the team. ALWAYS 

[/QUOTE]

It would be almost like saying.. I have always thought this thread was stupid....

[/QUOTE]

NO, its not. I know what I mean and don't owe you my perspective. "Always" is since the beginning of something to me. I followed him when he played HS ball in small town Miss. and then at S. Miss and could only hope the PATS got a shot at drafting the kid. So, go take your over analyzing BS somewhere else. You don't know me or what I meant, fool................Think before you key the mike! Lets see if you can whine to the MODS about this one, Waaaaaaa!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Lol! I did hear him say he'd rather quarterback sneak than just gain 1 or 2 yards on carries. Thought that was pretty funny.

He also said special backs can make it past the line of scrimmage and then make something out of a play to gain decent yardage (he was referring to Blount). He never said anything like that about BJGE, because let's face it, the guy was nothing close to special and if the play wasn't blocked perfectly he'd get little to no gain. In my opinion that's why we are running more now, than back then.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RogerLT. Show RogerLT's posts

BB always trys to put the muzzle on rooks as much as possible and when Collins first came in he said a few unBB like things so I think BB wanted him to eat his HUMBLE PIE early on.Now with all the injuries at LB JC is getting his shot and sure is making it count!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Oscarismydog. Show Oscarismydog's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

• Collins had a monster game vs Indy. PFF grade 7.4 (that's awesome). Graded positively in all 3 areas: pass rush, coverage, and run. I saw glimpses of his coverage ability late in the RS, but he wasn't on the field long enough to make an honest evaluation. That said, you don't have that kind of performance without talent. Barring injuries, Collins is in the starting lineup for good.
    • Chandler Jones still sucks. To illustrate my point, here are his stats vs Indy: Overall PFF Grade: -1.2. Pass Rush stats (PFF pass rush grade -1.5: 44 rushes 2 hits 4 hurries. To put that into perspective. Collins had a sack, 2 hits 2 hurries, IN 9 RUSHES!!! Despite getting plenty of sacks, Chandler has been mostly ineffective all season. I'm a 'Cuse fan an I've never been impressed by him. He always bull rushed his opponents and never did I see any spin moves, swim moves, etc. As I expected, that hasn't translated into NFL production.
    • Hightower, has been a model of productive consistency since Week 14. He's found his niche as a MLB. Since week 14, he hasn't has a PFF grade lower than 1.9. That's good. He still occasionally gets beat in coverage (what LB doesn't?), but has improved. His run D is great. His improvement, along with Collins emergence, makes the likely loss of Spikes tolerable.
    • Ninkovich has his worst game of the season. He was dominated by Cherilus. He'll need to do much better next week. That said, Nink is one of the best 4-3 DEs in the NFL.
    • Dennard was awesome. Yes he was beaten for a 38 yard TD, but here are his coverage stats vs Indy: Targets 10; Comp 2; YPA 5.4; INT 2; PD 2. It was by far, his best game of his career.
    • Mankins had his best game of the year. Pats RBs ran for 11 carries and 60 yards (5.5 YPC) for 2 TDs and one missed tackle, when running behind the LG. The sole missed tackle indicates that Mankins was getting the RBs through the gate for free.
    • He might not be the answer, but I wish stubborn Bill would start Harmon over Gregory. Gregory hasn't played well since Week 8. BB has nothing to lose at this point.
    • I expect the Broncos to put eight in the box and dare Brady to beat them. If that's the case and Brady struggles, he should consider retirement.

[/QUOTE]

So basically your too inept at analyzing a game yourself. So you go to PFF, copy what they wrote to try and sound smart? The internet is full of "people" like you. You take a peek at FO, PFF etc and think you sound smart.

Well you don't. You sound the complete opposite of smart.

It's shocking you were wrong on Collins. I'm sure you hated the DMC pick as well? For the life of me I don't understand why Kraft pays BB all that money when he can come on BDC for free and read expert write ups from Cuban Pete.

Rant over.

I loved the Collins pick. The kid has been getting better every game he plays. Every year, every draft, every single team in the league is looking for a player like him. Versatile, big, fast/quick, long frame that will allow him to put on weight and get stronger (knock on him coming out of college) and a very high ceiling. The kid had might have had the best game for a defensive player all weekend. Considering SF, Seattle and Carolina played that's a pretty decent accomplishment.

I have to say the thing about him that impressed me the most about him was how comfortable he looked out there. Especially in coverage. He looked the part. The game didn't look like it was too fast for him. When his body develops, the sky is the limit!

As for the Jones criticism, I really am split on this subject. I can't argue with people that say his play has dropped off the last two years. It has. Some people will point to his injury last year, but if your honest it fell before that.

I think we need to go back to draft day a few years ago when he was selected. If you followed him in college or did your homework it shouldn't be a surprise to you that he was considered a "project". That said 95 as become a very good player in a short time. The guy is versatile, effective, durable starter. Who has improved year to year. Like Collins he could afford to put on a little muscle. Like Collins his ceiling is very high!

As I've said he's a very, good player. And it's not like he has miles to go before being talked about as a top tier player. Imo he needs to work on his hands, add a little more muscle to his entire body and develop another move to attack the QB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to garytx's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your ignorance shows.  The talk on Jones is ludicrous.  Your past assessment of Collins in his rookie year was tasteless too.  But, thanks for manning up on it.  It's rare around here.

One thing on Jones.  He has to learn to turn those shoulders when he's being held.  It was painfully obvious but he continued straight on.  He does put pressure on the QB.  Lots of hurries.  But I think he could get to the QB more often or get that holding call if he were spinning more.

[/QUOTE]

Without reviewing any film, could it be that Jones was doing what the coaches wanted, that they didn't want him doing anything that would take him inside (spin moves, etc.) so as to keep Luck contained? Ordinarily Luck is good for two or three big runs per game and he didn't so any of that in this one. I think he had one short run for a first down, as far as I recall.

[/QUOTE]
    I think your assessment is spot on!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

no disrespect to Jones, but he needs some new tricks now that he is going to be part of the opponants game plan. he cannot simply get by with ability and athleticism, he needs to take that next step. this is his 2nd year, hopefully we see that next step next year.  thats not criticism, thats fact. very hard worker, very smart worker, he should be able to master some rush moves and debut them in his 3rd year.

I dont agree with the Nink comments. I thought the Dline was great in stopping the run, and they were getting to Luck with frequency. Other than Ben, does any other QB in the NFL make those pressure, contact throws?

Dennard-agree. He played a great game

Mankins-agree. He played a great game.

Harmon-I dont think the time to change is the AFCCCG. But next year, I expect to see Gregory at the 3rd S position at a lower salary

[/QUOTE]

Gregory saves you 3 million if you cut him. Why keep a Safety that's not good enough to play ST?

[/QUOTE]

because at the right price, Gergory is better as the 3rd S than anyone currently on the roster (TWilson/Ebner) and betyter than anyone that has to come in and learn the system.

there is no reason that Gregory cannot play ST. He can also play both S positions, and knows the defense inside and out. He can and will QB the back 4 in McCourtys abscence. Simpl;y put, Gregory has physical limitations to play the position, but has the smarts that BB loves

[/QUOTE]

Gregory is the least talented starting player in the secondary. He has smarts and doesn't make the big mistakes in coverage, but physically just isn't up to most challenges. We will need an upgrade soon. They can do better and will. His time is getting very very short here. "Barely adequate" describes him, "solid" overrates him.

[/QUOTE]

I agree......hey, put Collins back there! Can you imagine that? :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

no disrespect to Jones, but he needs some new tricks now that he is going to be part of the opponants game plan. he cannot simply get by with ability and athleticism, he needs to take that next step. this is his 2nd year, hopefully we see that next step next year.  thats not criticism, thats fact. very hard worker, very smart worker, he should be able to master some rush moves and debut them in his 3rd year.

I dont agree with the Nink comments. I thought the Dline was great in stopping the run, and they were getting to Luck with frequency. Other than Ben, does any other QB in the NFL make those pressure, contact throws?

Harmon-I dont think the time to change is the AFCCCG. But next year, I expect to see Gregory at the 3rd S position at a lower salary

[/QUOTE]

Gregory saves you 3 million if you cut him. Why keep a Safety that's not good enough to play ST?

[/QUOTE]

because at the right price, Gergory is better as the 3rd S than anyone currently on the roster (TWilson/Ebner) and betyter than anyone that has to come in and learn the system.

there is no reason that Gregory cannot play ST. He can also play both S positions, and knows the defense inside and out. He can and will QB the back 4 in McCourtys abscence. Simpl;y put, Gregory has physical limitations to play the position, but has the smarts that BB loves

[/QUOTE]

Gregory is the least talented starting player in the secondary. He has smarts and doesn't make the big mistakes in coverage, but physically just isn't up to most challenges. We will need an upgrade soon. They can do better and will. His time is getting very very short here. "Barely adequate" describes him, "solid" overrates him.

[/QUOTE]

but what have we learned watching this coach and GM operate this team?

1) the players that put the team in the best position to win, will play. Ebner and TWilson cannot get onto the field other than ST play (which they both do very well)

2) it is very hard for a S to play the way BB wants them to play. McCourty does that very well. Some love McCourty, some hate him. But he plays exactly as BB wants. Very, very few that have been in NE since Rodney left have been able to satisfy BB playing S. It seems that Gregory does play the way BB wants him to play, and BB will see past Gregory's limitations and play him.

3) I can see Harmon squeezing more snaps at the S position next year over Gregory, but I do not see BB using a draft choice on a S, nor do I see him dipping into the free agency pool for a S, if he can secure Gregory for a reasonable cost. I think he and Gregory can and will come to an agreement.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You've been exposed as a troll here for years. Why don't you go bump your "Draft Watcher" thread and embarrass yourself.

lol

No franchise has had better draft yields since 2010 than BB's Patriots. End of story. It's a HUGE reason why they are 12-4 this year, and didn't fall off the map like every other franchise has, or would.

BB is COTY and Executive of the Year w/Caserio.   Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

You're Imbecile and Moron of the Year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Though BB is far more complimentary in the later years than he was earlier in his tenure, he seldom throws that much praise at anybody.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Oscarismydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

• Collins had a monster game vs Indy. PFF grade 7.4 (that's awesome). Graded positively in all 3 areas: pass rush, coverage, and run. I saw glimpses of his coverage ability late in the RS, but he wasn't on the field long enough to make an honest evaluation. That said, you don't have that kind of performance without talent. Barring injuries, Collins is in the starting lineup for good.
    • Chandler Jones still sucks. To illustrate my point, here are his stats vs Indy: Overall PFF Grade: -1.2. Pass Rush stats (PFF pass rush grade -1.5: 44 rushes 2 hits 4 hurries. To put that into perspective. Collins had a sack, 2 hits 2 hurries, IN 9 RUSHES!!! Despite getting plenty of sacks, Chandler has been mostly ineffective all season. I'm a 'Cuse fan an I've never been impressed by him. He always bull rushed his opponents and never did I see any spin moves, swim moves, etc. As I expected, that hasn't translated into NFL production.
    • Hightower, has been a model of productive consistency since Week 14. He's found his niche as a MLB. Since week 14, he hasn't has a PFF grade lower than 1.9. That's good. He still occasionally gets beat in coverage (what LB doesn't?), but has improved. His run D is great. His improvement, along with Collins emergence, makes the likely loss of Spikes tolerable.
    • Ninkovich has his worst game of the season. He was dominated by Cherilus. He'll need to do much better next week. That said, Nink is one of the best 4-3 DEs in the NFL.
    • Dennard was awesome. Yes he was beaten for a 38 yard TD, but here are his coverage stats vs Indy: Targets 10; Comp 2; YPA 5.4; INT 2; PD 2. It was by far, his best game of his career.
    • Mankins had his best game of the year. Pats RBs ran for 11 carries and 60 yards (5.5 YPC) for 2 TDs and one missed tackle, when running behind the LG. The sole missed tackle indicates that Mankins was getting the RBs through the gate for free.
    • He might not be the answer, but I wish stubborn Bill would start Harmon over Gregory. Gregory hasn't played well since Week 8. BB has nothing to lose at this point.
    • I expect the Broncos to put eight in the box and dare Brady to beat them. If that's the case and Brady struggles, he should consider retirement.

[/QUOTE]

So basically your too inept at analyzing a game yourself. So you go to PFF, copy what they wrote to try and sound smart? The internet is full of "people" like you. You take a peek at FO, PFF etc and think you sound smart.

Well you don't. You sound the complete opposite of smart.

It's shocking you were wrong on Collins. I'm sure you hated the DMC pick as well? For the life of me I don't understand why Kraft pays BB all that money when he can come on BDC for free and read expert write ups from Cuban Pete.

Rant over.

I loved the Collins pick. The kid has been getting better every game he plays. Every year, every draft, every single team in the league is looking for a player like him. Versatile, big, fast/quick, long frame that will allow him to put on weight and get stronger (knock on him coming out of college) and a very high ceiling. The kid had might have had the best game for a defensive player all weekend. Considering SF, Seattle and Carolina played that's a pretty decent accomplishment.

I have to say the thing about him that impressed me the most about him was how comfortable he looked out there. Especially in coverage. He looked the part. The game didn't look like it was too fast for him. When his body develops, the sky is the limit!

As for the Jones criticism, I really am split on this subject. I can't argue with people that say his play has dropped off the last two years. It has. Some people will point to his injury last year, but if your honest it fell before that.

I think we need to go back to draft day a few years ago when he was selected. If you followed him in college or did your homework it shouldn't be a surprise to you that he was considered a "project". That said 95 as become a very good player in a short time. The guy is versatile, effective, durable starter. Who has improved year to year. Like Collins he could afford to put on a little muscle. Like Collins his ceiling is very high!

As I've said he's a very, good player. And it's not like he has miles to go before being talked about as a top tier player. Imo he needs to work on his hands, add a little more muscle to his entire body and develop another move to attack the QB.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, dry up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rkarp, I suspect you have more football knowledge than me, that said I'm going to question you :)

To take Muzwells thought a little further, do you thing that Chandler's lack of sacks compared to some other players at his position, (he's played more snaps that any other DE so you need to look at sacks per snap I think and he's been about overage in sack production) are a function of the patriots not allowing him to just rush with reckless abandon to the QB.  BB seems to be big on discipline and run stopping, I think thats why he likes Nink so much.  Chandler may be asked to either watch the edge for RB or hold his position to an extend especially for mobile qbs.  I can think of 2 plays where Jones did rush recklessly and those two plays killed us with qb runs one from luck last one and a worse one for newton on a 3rd and long. 

Another example could be if Cuban wanted to try to say that Chris JOnes is much better than VW because vince had 3 sacks in 2012 and Chris had 6 this year.  Granted that NT is as predicated on pass rushing but hopefully you get the point.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to garytx's comment:

Your ignorance shows.  The talk on Jones is ludicrous.  Your past assessment of Collins in his rookie year was tasteless too.  But, thanks for manning up on it.  It's rare around here.

One thing on Jones.  He has to learn to turn those shoulders when he's being held.  It was painfully obvious but he continued straight on.  He does put pressure on the QB.  Lots of hurries.  But I think he could get to the QB more often or get that holding call if he were spinning more.

Without reviewing any film, could it be that Jones was doing what the coaches wanted, that they didn't want him doing anything that would take him inside (spin moves, etc.) so as to keep Luck contained? Ordinarily Luck is good for two or three big runs per game and he didn't so any of that in this one. I think he had one short run for a first down, as far as I recall.

[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct ! especially if the DBs are in Man

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to quinzpatsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rkarp, I suspect you have more football knowledge than me, that said I'm going to question you :)

To take Muzwells thought a little further, do you thing that Chandler's lack of sacks compared to some other players at his position, (he's played more snaps that any other DE so you need to look at sacks per snap I think and he's been about overage in sack production) are a function of the patriots not allowing him to just rush with reckless abandon to the QB.  BB seems to be big on discipline and run stopping, I think thats why he likes Nink so much.  Chandler may be asked to either watch the edge for RB or hold his position to an extend especially for mobile qbs.  I can think of 2 plays where Jones did rush recklessly and those two plays killed us with qb runs one from luck last one and a worse one for newton on a 3rd and long. 

Another example could be if Cuban wanted to try to say that Chris JOnes is much better than VW because vince had 3 sacks in 2012 and Chris had 6 this year.  Granted that NT is as predicated on pass rushing but hopefully you get the point.

[/QUOTE]

I have been told by one here that I have no football knowledge

I agree Jones sack totals are a reflection of the defense BB wants to play. But there are many times where Jones does cut loose, but other than speed, qucikness and athleticism, does not have the technique to beat the OL to the QB. Dont get me wrong, I prefer speed, quickness and athleticism. Technique can be taught. I simply feel that Jones needs more time to learn some moves that will beat OL

I posted another link on edge rushers as graded by PFF a few minutes ago. check it out. it shows the top 10 pressure edge rushers in the NFL... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to quinzpatsfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have been told by one here that I have no football knowledge

I agree Jones sack totals are a reflection of the defense BB wants to play. But there are many times where Jones does cut loose, but other than speed, qucikness and athleticism, does not have the technique to beat the OL to the QB. Dont get me wrong, I prefer speed, quickness and athleticism. Technique can be taught. I simply feel that Jones needs more time to learn some moves that will beat OL

I posted another link on edge rushers as graded by PFF a few minutes ago. check it out. it shows the top 10 pressure edge rushers in the NFL... 

[/QUOTE]

I like that analysis.  I'm confident his technique will get better.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

but what have we learned watching this coach and GM operate this team?

1) the players that put the team in the best position to win, will play. Ebner and TWilson cannot get onto the field other than ST play (which they both do very well)

2) it is very hard for a S to play the way BB wants them to play. McCourty does that very well. Some love McCourty, some hate him. But he plays exactly as BB wants. Very, very few that have been in NE since Rodney left have been able to satisfy BB playing S. It seems that Gregory does play the way BB wants him to play, and BB will see past Gregory's limitations and play him.

3) I can see Harmon squeezing more snaps at the S position next year over Gregory, but I do not see BB using a draft choice on a S, nor do I see him dipping into the free agency pool for a S, if he can secure Gregory for a reasonable cost. I think he and Gregory can and will come to an agreement.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I too believe that the answer for replacing Gregory is already on this team. Fact is, the "weak" Safety position is the easiest position to play in the secondary and maybe even on the entire filed. In many coverages, it simply takes someon who doesn't make any huge mistakes on the reads and is assigned the deep third of the field. Harmon is absolutely the superior athlete, its just that right now, the PATS need stability at the back end and his lack of pure athleticism, speed, and again, his smarts, keep him honest and in position to make the safe, last line of defens plays. He is overmatched in most other scenarios including man coverage on a TE or back, run support, and closing speed on a breakaway running back. Very, very, replaceable.

Sections
Shortcuts