Jamie Collins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: Jamie Collins

If he does have an impact as a rookie, it would be icing on the cake.  Would not be disappointed if he didn't.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

TCal calls Nink "Dink", Nink isn't a good source to be making comments on another defensive player.

So, TCal thinks you are wrong.

TCal is right. Ninkodink is Captain average.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

TCal calls Nink "Dink", Nink isn't a good source to be making comments on another defensive player.

The guy did not even post and you seem to think that everyone is actually interested in your denegration of the guy. Is this a Monty Python Argument sketch but with only one person?!

As to comments about Nink: he is not Vrabel but he is a solid player who contributes. For all you fantasy football fans who chime in you should understand that good football teams need solid players other than their "stars". The Jets have been a good example of a team that did not have enough Nink types and so they fielded some REAL so so players who could be targeted by opponenets.

Nink wont be a headliner (except for maybe 1-2 regular season games) but he will hold up his end of the D allowing more dynamic players to make more dynamic plays.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Learn the game.  BB loves the guy, jack of all trades type player, gamer, clutch and had more sacks than JPP last year.

[/QUOTE]

More like Jack of NO trades

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Learn the game.  BB loves the guy, jack of all trades player, gamer, clutch and had more sacks than JPP last year.

[/QUOTE]

And I'd take JPP at his worst versus Ninkodink at his best.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I see Rusty is trying to ruin yet another good thread.  I'm stoked about what I'm reading on Collins and our young WR's and TE.

Collins - Jones - Hightower could be a Dominate force for years to come.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

What is with the hating on Ninkovich. This goes to the idea that fans want an all-pro at every position. He only lead the team in sacks last season. He has not missed a game in three season and has missed just one in his four years in New England.

Of any problems with Patriots team last season, he was certainly not one of them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Collins draws notice from Ninkovich August, 7, 2013 Aug 7 1:45 PM ET By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com

PHILADELPHIA -- One of the intriguing new defensive players for the Patriots entering the 2013 season is top draft choice Jamie Collins, a hybrid player in college who might be asked to adopt a similar role in the pros. During his productive career at Southern Mississippi, Collins worked both off the line as a linebacker and on the edge as a defensive end, things we've seen him do thus far with the Patriots as well.

Collins has a veteran group of front-seven players to learn from in New England, Rob Ninkovich among them. Ninkovich has some similarities to Collins in that he's played multiple roles with the Patriots, working as both an end-of-the-line player and dropping into coverage on occasion.

Following Wednesday's joint practice with the Eagles, Ninkovich dissected some of the challenges of platooning between two different roles, noting that not every NFL linebacker is capable of handling both duties.

"You have to have more of a defensive end skill set mentality to move from linebacker," he said. "It's much harder to go from off the ball to right on the ball -- because everything happens much quicker -- than it is to start on the ball and back up. I think that first and foremost, playing defensive line helps you take guys on, have better technique, use your hands well, and then when you convert to linebacker it just kind of works together."

Throughout the course of a game, there are instances when a player is moved from linebacker to defensive end -- and back -- on a play-to-play basis. Ninkovich said making the adjustment becomes second nature for a player.

"It's kind of subconscious, because you hear the play, you know what your technique is and what your responsibilities are, so it's just you hear the play [and think instantly], this is what I'm doing, it's not really like -- you know when you're a D-end and when you're a linebacker, let's put it that way," he said.

He stressed the importance of patience in moving from a hand-in-the-dirt alignment to playing off the line of scrimmage and in coverage.

"It takes a little bit to get used to coverage," he said. "As a defender, when you're a defensive end, you're always taught get to the ball, get to the ball, chase, chase. When you're a linebacker, you have to be more patient, wait for things to develop. Routes don't just happen instantly, you've got to be patient, so I think that's the hardest part, is learning to not be so aggressive and let things develop, be patient. The receiver will tell you where the ball's going with their routes."

Just how prominent of a role Collins plays this season remains to be seen. While it's still early in training camp, Ninkovich likes what the rookie has shown so far.

"Been impressed with Jamie," Ninkovich continued. "Great athlete, runs well, I'm excited to see him get more involved in the defense."     http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4746307/collins-draws-notice-from-ninkovich    I'm excited to see this kid play. Nink knows his stuff, if he's impressed with Collins then watch out! I think he's gonna be a stud but that's just the homer in me talking.

YOU'RE NOT being just a HOMER AP, he is for real. Dude is a bonifide star. He has all the tools and will knock your dik in the dirt. Lots of speed and agility and great insticts. Excellent in coverage. If he can stay healthy, he will be our next great defensive player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Dude is a bonifide star. He has all the tools and will knock your dik in the dirt. Lots of speed and agility and great insticts. Excellent in coverage. If he can stay healthy, he will be our next great defensive player.

It may be a bit early for him to be a star, or excellent or anything else.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

This goes to the idea that fans want an all-pro at every position.

That is the idea of TexPat, Babe & a few others. Most people are more sane....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

This goes to the idea that fans want an all-pro at every position.

That is the idea of TexPat, Babe & a few others. Most people are more sane....

I don't think people are looking for all pros, just guys that don't masquerade as starters because we have no one better, then spend draft pick after draft pick trying to upgrade them (because they shouldn't be starting)...then watch them quietly leave to go on to do nothing. See - - Chung, Merriweather, Dowling, Brace, Cunningham, Wheatley, T. Wilson (why wait?), Butler, Maroney, Tate, Price...and don't forget them free agent busts! Haynesworth, Gregory, Fenene, who was that d lineman they had to have from the jets who cost us 4 million and did nothing? Can't remember his name, Springs, Bodden (remember that guy?), Fred Taylor (my my he was good for a quarter, wasn't he?),  Ocho, Galloway. All but one of the free agents we signed over the last two seasons are long gone (and they should be). We had 40 million combined to spend over the last two off seasons and we came away with Steven Gregory?

You could of grabbed a guy out of Burger King and had him throw darts at board with player's names on it and he would of done no worse than that. That's the absolute truth. 

Maybe this off season will be better? I hope so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Collins draws notice from Ninkovich August, 7, 2013 Aug 7 1:45 PM ET By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com PHILADELPHIA -- One of the intriguing new defensive players for the Patriots entering the 2013 season is top draft choice Jamie Collins, a hybrid player in college who might be asked to adopt a similar role in the pros. During his productive career at Southern Mississippi, Collins worked both off the line as a linebacker and on the edge as a defensive end, things we've seen him do thus far with the Patriots as well.

Collins has a veteran group of front-seven players to learn from in New England, Rob Ninkovich among them. Ninkovich has some similarities to Collins in that he's played multiple roles with the Patriots, working as both an end-of-the-line player and dropping into coverage on occasion.

Following Wednesday's joint practice with the Eagles, Ninkovich dissected some of the challenges of platooning between two different roles, noting that not every NFL linebacker is capable of handling both duties.

"You have to have more of a defensive end skill set mentality to move from linebacker," he said. "It's much harder to go from off the ball to right on the ball -- because everything happens much quicker -- than it is to start on the ball and back up. I think that first and foremost, playing defensive line helps you take guys on, have better technique, use your hands well, and then when you convert to linebacker it just kind of works together."

Throughout the course of a game, there are instances when a player is moved from linebacker to defensive end -- and back -- on a play-to-play basis. Ninkovich said making the adjustment becomes second nature for a player.

"It's kind of subconscious, because you hear the play, you know what your technique is and what your responsibilities are, so it's just you hear the play [and think instantly], this is what I'm doing, it's not really like -- you know when you're a D-end and when you're a linebacker, let's put it that way," he said.

He stressed the importance of patience in moving from a hand-in-the-dirt alignment to playing off the line of scrimmage and in coverage.

"It takes a little bit to get used to coverage," he said. "As a defender, when you're a defensive end, you're always taught get to the ball, get to the ball, chase, chase. When you're a linebacker, you have to be more patient, wait for things to develop. Routes don't just happen instantly, you've got to be patient, so I think that's the hardest part, is learning to not be so aggressive and let things develop, be patient. The receiver will tell you where the ball's going with their routes."

Just how prominent of a role Collins plays this season remains to be seen. While it's still early in training camp, Ninkovich likes what the rookie has shown so far.

"Been impressed with Jamie," Ninkovich continued. "Great athlete, runs well, I'm excited to see him get more involved in the defense."     http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4746307/collins-draws-notice-from-ninkovich     I'm excited to see this kid play. Nink knows his stuff, if he's impressed with Collins then watch out! I think he's gonna be a stud but that's just the homer in me talking.

Wait till they tell them its HIS playing time the Rook is gonna be taking....lol.

I like the kid too. Looked very lean and athletic in camp. Cant remember ever seeing a player his build. He is gonna have a big impact I think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Dude is a bonifide star. He has all the tools and will knock your dik in the dirt. Lots of speed and agility and great insticts. Excellent in coverage. If he can stay healthy, he will be our next great defensive player.

It may be a bit early for him to be a star, or excellent or anything else.

It is only too early for those who don't have the ability to evaluate a player's skillset, have experience or vision to understand how those skills translate to the pro level, or understand what it takes to be a "star" in any football league. So, I understand where you are coming from. No offense intended. The guy was a standout HS QB, turned Safety, turned 6'3, 250lb LB with sick athleticism. He comes from an 0-12 team where he lead all of Conference USA in tackles 2nd in fumbels caused. Smart, can run, and is lieky the athletic freak of the draft. Me, I say if the guy stays healthy, you will hear the "experts" gush about this kid for as long as he is in the league. What they are saying now is only the beginning.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

I see Rusty is trying to ruin yet another good thread.  I'm stoked about what I'm reading on Collins and our young WR's and TE.

Collins - Jones - Hightower could be a Dominate force for years to come.

now, if only the DC gets more aggressive w/ defensive play calling Laughing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Collins draws notice from Ninkovich August, 7, 2013 Aug 7 1:45 PM ET By Field Yates | ESPNBoston.com

PHILADELPHIA -- One of the intriguing new defensive players for the Patriots entering the 2013 season is top draft choice Jamie Collins, a hybrid player in college who might be asked to adopt a similar role in the pros. During his productive career at Southern Mississippi, Collins worked both off the line as a linebacker and on the edge as a defensive end, things we've seen him do thus far with the Patriots as well.

"Been impressed with Jamie," Ninkovich continued. "Great athlete, runs well, I'm excited to see him get more involved in the defense."     http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4746307/collins-draws-notice-from-ninkovich    I'm excited to see this kid play. Nink knows his stuff, if he's impressed with Collins then watch out! I think he's gonna be a stud but that's just the homer in me talking.

YOU'RE NOT being just a HOMER AP, he is for real. Dude is a bonifide star. He has all the tools and will knock your dik in the dirt. Lots of speed and agility and great insticts. Excellent in coverage. If he can stay healthy, he will be our next great defensive player.

Ooh look at those muscles!  A star in the making!  Honestly, he looks to be having a decent camp as a rookie.  But can we say anything else other than he seems to have been a good 2nd round pick?  Showing something in camp is better than riding the excercise bike but I'll hold off on the "real deal" proclamations for now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

Ooh look at those muscles!  A star in the making!  Honestly, he looks to be having a decent camp as a rookie.  But can we say anything else other than he seems to have been a good 2nd round pick?  Showing something in camp is better than riding the excercise bike but I'll hold off on the "real deal" proclamations for now. 

Dude it ain't about the muscles, I've got more than enoug of my own to flaunt......Its about putting the name to a face. This kid is rare. He is already in the kind of physical condition that most NFL veterans shoot for and he is just a rook. I'll say it again......It is only too early for those who don't have the ability to evaluate a player's skillset, experience or vision to understand how those skills translate to the pro level, or understand what it takes to be a "star" in any football league. So, I understand where you are coming from. No offense intended. The guy was a standout HS QB, turned Safety, turned 6'3, 250lb LB with sick athleticism. He flew under the radar for most as he comes from an 0-12 USM team where he lead all of Conference USA in tackles 2nd in fumbels caused. Smart, can run, and is likely the athletic freak of the draft. Me, I say if the guy stays healthy, you will hear the "experts" gush about this kid for as long as he is in the league. What they are saying now is only the beginning.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

BUMPED

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Dude it ain't about the muscles, I've got more than enoug of my own to flaunt......Its about putting the name to a face. This kid is rare. He is already in the kind of physical condition that most NFL veterans shoot for and he is just a rook. I'll say it again......It is only too early for those who don't have the ability to evaluate a player's skillset, experience or vision to understand how those skills translate to the pro level, or understand what it takes to be a "star" in any football league. So, I understand where you are coming from. No offense intended. The guy was a standout HS QB, turned Safety, turned 6'3, 250lb LB with sick athleticism. He flew under the radar for most as he comes from an 0-12 USM team where he lead all of Conference USA in tackles 2nd in fumbels caused. Smart, can run, and is likely the athletic freak of the draft. Me, I say if the guy stays healthy, you will hear the "experts" gush about this kid for as long as he is in the league. What they are saying now is only the beginning.....

I hope you're right, and I admit it's a promising start for a guy who some "experts" said was a late first rounder talent-wise.  All I'm saying is that until he does it week in and week out he's just a supremely talented kid with zero NFL track record.  He seems versatile.  I can't wait to see how he plays and fits in this D.

And, yes, I was kidding about the muscles comment.  I was poking fun at some guys here who love to declare guys who look the part in the Street and Smith draft guide as "Studs", "Beasts" or other superlatives that declare the guy the bestest ever before he even goes to training camp.  Not trying to make fun of your post.  Believe me, I hope he is everything you think he is. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

I hope you're right, and I admit it's a promising start for a guy who some "experts" said was a late first rounder talent-wise.  All I'm saying is that until he does it week in and week out he's just a supremely talented kid with zero NFL track record.  He seems versatile.  I can't wait to see how he plays and fits in this D.

And, yes, I was kidding about the muscles comment.  I was poking fun at some guys here who love to declare guys who look the part in the Street and Smith draft guide as "Studs", "Beasts" or other superlatives that declare the guy the bestest ever before he even goes to training camp.  Not trying to make fun of your post.  Believe me, I hope he is everything you think he is. 

OK, cool, because if it was just about muscles.....

Nice to meet y'all! I played the game, I'm 50+ and I've been around long enough to know what I'm talking about......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

some nice complements on the rookie

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/08/big_play_jamie_collins_makes_impact

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice to meet y'all! I played the game, I'm 50+ and I've been around long enough to know what I'm talking about......

That cell gets a good amount of natural light.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

That cell gets a good amount of natural light.

HA! Nawww maaaan...its a MAC desktop! But the I-phone 5 does a good job too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

50 plus? You're in great shape for your age rally c.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

50 plus? You're in great shape for your age rally c.

THANKS, MTHURL. I never stopped hitting the gym even after I stopped playing, man. when I miss a workout, I cant sleep that night