Jamie Collins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Jamie Collins

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I hope you're right, and I admit it's a promising start for a guy who some "experts" said was a late first rounder talent-wise.  All I'm saying is that until he does it week in and week out he's just a supremely talented kid with zero NFL track record.  He seems versatile.  I can't wait to see how he plays and fits in this D.

And, yes, I was kidding about the muscles comment.  I was poking fun at some guys here who love to declare guys who look the part in the Street and Smith draft guide as "Studs", "Beasts" or other superlatives that declare the guy the bestest ever before he even goes to training camp.  Not trying to make fun of your post.  Believe me, I hope he is everything you think he is. 

OK, cool, because if it was just about muscles.....

Nice to meet y'all! I played the game, I'm 50+ and I've been around long enough to know what I'm talking about......

50 plus? You're in great shape for your age rally c.

THANKS, MTHURL. I never stopped hitting the gym even after I stopped playing, man. when I miss a workout, I cant sleep that night  

I'm the same way, I can't take more than a day off even if I'm on vacation. It's an addiction I guess.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I'm the same way, I can't take more than a day off even if I'm on vacation. It's an addiction I guess.

Good for you, man. Better than having some other addiction! It helps that my wife is 17-yrs younger too. it keeps the motivation constant and puts the pressure on!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I hope you're right, and I admit it's a promising start for a guy who some "experts" said was a late first rounder talent-wise.  All I'm saying is that until he does it week in and week out he's just a supremely talented kid with zero NFL track record.  He seems versatile.  I can't wait to see how he plays and fits in this D.

And, yes, I was kidding about the muscles comment.  I was poking fun at some guys here who love to declare guys who look the part in the Street and Smith draft guide as "Studs", "Beasts" or other superlatives that declare the guy the bestest ever before he even goes to training camp.  Not trying to make fun of your post.  Believe me, I hope he is everything you think he is. 

Nice to meet y'all! I played the game, I'm 50+ and I've been around long enough to know what I'm talking about......

oh Yea, I can see where your muscles used to be.....lol, j/k bro.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No barbers in your neck of the woods?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

LOL! Ya know, OG, I hear ya. Nearly 30-yrs ago, when I was 6'1"/225lb. and bench pressing 465lbs as a CB, I was actually much closer to how Jamie Collins is built. But, when you get to OUR age at 50+, its hard to carry that kinda weight around and the joints just don't want you to push the heavy stuff anymore. Thats why I had to let myself go and drop down to 205lbs and only bench press 365lbs. now. Yeah it hurts to get old, but still damned good for a CB even today, nevermind a grandfather at 50+, if I may say so. Now then, I can only imagine why you're called "TripleOG". Is it because you use to be SingleOG, then DoubleOG, now....well, You get the picture....lol, j/k bro!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No barbers in your neck of the woods?

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, the Fed Gov job doesn't have a problem with it, and being 50+ and having all of my hair still, I figure why cut it? I'm sure there are plenty of fellas here who understand me. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

LOL! Ya know, OG, I hear ya. Nearly 30-yrs ago, when I was 6'1"/225lb. and bench pressing 465lbs as a CB, I was actually much closer to how Jamie Collins is built. But, when you get to OUR age at 50+, its hard to carry that kinda weight around and the joints just don't want you to push the heavy stuff anymore. Thats why I had to let myself go and drop down to 205lbs and only bench press 365lbs. now. Yeah it hurts to get old, but still damned good for a CB even today, nevermind a grandfather at 50+, if I may say so. Now then, I can only imagine why you're called "TripleOG". Is it because you use to be SingleOG, then DoubleOG, now....well, You get the picture....lol, j/k bro!

Im just messing,. Im actually impressed. Looking good for 50. Im coming up on 38 and I dont lift weights anymore but I do stay actice and still play a few sports. You have to keep at it, or you will feel old. With your younger g/f, you have to keep up with those young boys! lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Im just messing,. Im actually impressed. Looking good for 50. Im coming up on 38 and I dont lift weights anymore but I do stay actice and still play a few sports. You have to keep at it, or you will feel old. With your younger g/f, you have to keep up with those young boys! lol

Me too OG, seriously. Thanks! Ya know, I find it extremely theraputic, both mentally and physically. I can tell ya, for staying young or even recapturing some youth, there is NOTHING like resistance strength training. I preach it constantly and see lots of guys and women go from being in their 30's and looking 50+ to turning it around and by the time they are 40, to looking like they are in their 20's again. But, I digress........One last thing...Actually, OG, she's my wife, and she stays at it in the gym with me. If I shared a Pic of her body, you'd see exactly why I gotta stay in shape!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Rally you look Samoan, am I wrong?

On Collins, he was my pick at OLB for the Pats on my draft thread so I'm pretty pumped to see him play, the guy is athletic as they come and should be an every down linebacker.  If Spikes leaves next year then it's highly likely Hightower will move inside and Collins will man the edge.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If Collins can cover....it will be interesting to see how BB uses him. In Zone vs. TE or 1:1? At 250 lbs, don't know if he is both quick/fast enough to cover a WR who ends up in his area. If athletic enought, prolly wouldn't have problems w/ a TE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

On Collins, he was my pick at OLB for the Pats on my draft thread so I'm pretty pumped to see him play, the guy is athletic as they come and should be an every down linebacker.  If Spikes leaves next year then it's highly likely Hightower will move inside and Collins will man the edge.

the tat might be samoan-like, but I don't think he's Samoan. On that note, they grow'em big out there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Wozz, if I told ya, you might be able to narrow it down to a few guys and I could potentially give myself away! Lets just say, I could be, but I will say I have lived on pleanty of Islands throughout my life. Now tell the truth, any chance you still think I'm Rusty? I was hoping this might help with that assumption too..........As for Jamie, I truly do believe that he only went in the 2nd because he played for a 0-12 Southern Miss team. Again, if he stays healthy, he is gonna be a bigtime play maker.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think his strenght is coverage which is good because neither of our backers were really good at it. The question is wether or not he can help in the pass rush and if he can keep from being run at while on the field as I dont think he is adept to "setting the edge"

I think he will make an impact early if BB carves out a situational role for him until he learns other aspects of the defense.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

If Collins can cover....it will be interesting to see how BB uses him. In Zone vs. TE or 1:1? At 250 lbs, don't know if he is both quick/fast enough to cover a WR who ends up in his area. If athletic enought, prolly wouldn't have problems w/ a TE.

We have Adrian Wilson to cover tightends over the top now so we can drop linebackers back into zone coverage and we'll be substantially better in the middle of the field.  This kid is a physical marvel and can do it all, he was the most complete linebacker on my draft board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Collins will be our 2nd and 15+, 3rd and long cover LB. The guy is supremely athletic and is known for cover skills. We hit the jackpot with him as this was a huge weakness for the PATs during the last 3-season. I can't wait to see him fly into the backfield and punish those backs on last second flares and swing passes. He brings a whole new dimension to our D.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wozz, if I told ya, you might be able to narrow it down to a few guys and I could potentially give myself away! Lets just say, I could be, but I will say I have lived on pleanty of Islands throughout my life. Now tell the truth, any chance you still think I'm Rusty? I was hoping this might help with that assumption too..........As for Jamie, I truly do believe that he only went in the 2nd because he played for a 0-12 Southern Miss team. Again, if he stays healthy, he is gonna be a bigtime play maker.....

Lol, you couldn't be Rusty, there's only one...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

the tat might be samoan-like, but I don't think he's Samoan. On that note, they grow'em big out there.

[/QUOTE]
    Hold on now, don't forget my boy Troy! He's Samoan, and coincidentally, a long haired DB.........So it ain't outta the question....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Did Jimmy Superfly Snuka every play football?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Lol...I don't think Rally is Samoan. Can you narrow it down for us perhaps?

Btw...I found a picture of Rusty...the antithesis of Rally!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

Did Jimmy Superfly Snuka every play football?

[/QUOTE]
    Dude, I was in a gym on Venice Beach one time last year and an oder guy approached me there and asked for my autograph. I signed it, and he looked at it, and looked at me and said, DAMN! I thought you were Jimmy Superfly Snooka! Was that you! LOL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Lol...I don't think Rally is Samoan. Can you narrow it down for us perhaps?

Btw...I found a picture of Rusty...the antithesis of Rally!

PatsLifer, I can't man. I've already shared too much here. I'd love too but there are reasons why I gotta be careful, not the least of which is my present employment. I will say this, though.....My mother is a blonde haired, blue eyed, German, French, Irish, Italian from East Boston! My Dad's ethnicity, I'll let him remain the mystery!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

When I fiirst seen the picture, Snuka came to mind.  Take that as a compliment.  Snuka was my favorite wrestler when I was a Kid. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

When I fiirst seen the picture, Snuka came to mind.  Take that as a compliment.  Snuka was my favorite wrestler when I was a Kid. 

The truth is, I have actually met and socialized with some of those guys, Flair, Snuka, Macho Man, El Gigante, etc. at one of my old gyms 
    pretty regularly back in the 90's. They even invited to be a part of one of thier "matches", ya know how that works.....Small world.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Hold on now, don't forget my boy Troy! He's Samoan, and coincidentally, a long haired DB.........So it ain't outta the question....

Makes no dif to me, but....I've spent some time in American Samoa....and, this is not to offend, but your skin tone isn't right (at least based on the pic). Troy is da bomb, wish we had a Troy during his prime on the Patriots...

never mind...just read ur post....lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yep! Flying off the top rope!  That was my Dude. Him and Macho Man were my favorites, but I had many....lol. Once I found out it was fake, I havent been able to ever watch any wrestling...