Jamie Collins's Childhood

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Jamie Collins's Childhood

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Anyone else catch that he lost both parents at age 6?  That has to be incredibly traumatic and I think it's pretty incredible he didn't go in a bad direction, because he had reason to.

Anyway, I like how BB really looks at the element of character and maturity early in the draft because it seems to work in terms of the locker room element and coachability.

I remember Tavon Wilson having a tought go of it (not sure on details there), but Kraft made a point of bringing it up on draft day when they call the draftees and speak with them personally.

Kind of hard not to be rooting even harder for the guy.

yeah and if he was a jet ur conditional compassion would be lacking

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Ya I heard that--- I think he was the youngest of 5 or 6 and was raised by his oldest sister?

I'm a little confused by what I was reading about him right after the pick; with some saying he is a high character guy and some saying he quit on his 0-12 team, although with 20 TFL's and 10 sacks that doesn't really ring true

anyway I'll be rooting for the guy--(I'm thankful every day I still have both my parents)

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Anyone else catch that he lost both parents at age 6?  That has to be incredibly traumatic and I think it's pretty incredible he didn't go in a bad direction, because he had reason to.

Anyway, I like how BB really looks at the element of character and maturity early in the draft because it seems to work in terms of the locker room element and coachability.

I remember Tavon Wilson having a tought go of it (not sure on details there), but Kraft made a point of bringing it up on draft day when they call the draftees and speak with them personally.

You're not terribly bright are you? Or at the very least, not terribly thoughtful.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The Jets don't draft character guys like him so your point is moot.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

"wahhh scrw al u haters I add so much objectivy to the forum and u all knw it yes i have to give rusty a reality check but i am an honest football fan who contributes to the forum just as much as anybody else if u dont agree with me then u are a typical pats fan who the whole country hates"

Good job, jints!  Keep adding valuable commentary to every discussion!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Anyway, I read that too and immediately was rooting even harder for the guy.  Seems like a high character/ high impact player who was lost on an awful team.  Hopefully he comes in on Day 1 and can contribute.

Here's a quick segment I found online about the tragedy:

Per ClarionLedger,

Southern Miss defensive end Jamie Collins knows a thing or two about adversity. 

After his parents died by the time he was age 6, Collins was raised by his sister Lisa, who was only in her early 20s. 

"It was pretty tough, man," Collins said. "It's not like I grew up spoiled or anything like that. I'm the baby of five. It was real rough, me coming up. 

"I had so much adversity coming up so adversity is nothing to me. I've fought and fought. I sort of like adversity. I believe that's what really wakes me up." 

I’m sure football was a nice escape from reality when he was a young buck.  It’s always nice to see it work out for a kid.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts