Jared Allen Signs with..... Chicago!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Jared Allen Signs with..... Chicago!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-jared-allen-signs-four-year-deal-20140326,0,4637847.story

4 year deal worth 32 million.

Whats with all these teams swapping players?

San Fran dumps Whitner for Bethea.

Now Chicago dumps Peppers and signs Allen?  I dont get it. Is it just teams wanted a new face and to see if the new player is a better fit?

Usually you adress needs in free agency and to me, you stick with the familiar player unless there is a chemistry issue. Maybe its the coaching change. Either way, Glad the Pats didnt pay him for 4 years, esp. when he was talking retirement. Sounds like he just wanted a payday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Jared Allen Signs with..... Chicago!

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-jared-allen-signs-four-year-deal-20140326,0,4637847.story

Now Chicago dumps Peppers and signs Allen?  I dont get it. Is it just teams wanted a new face and to see if the new player is a better fit?

Usually you adress needs in free agency and to me, you stick with the familiar player unless there is a chemistry issue. Maybe its the coaching change. Either way, Glad the Pats didnt pay him for 4 years, esp. when he was talking retirement. Sounds like he just wanted a payday.

[/QUOTE]

he is 2 years younger and Peppers hasn't been the same last couple years so it is an upgrade but 4 years is excessive

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yea Pep hasnt had double digit sacks in a while but I wonder if his effort tailed off due to not winning. In Contrast, Allen has still produced in pass rush department but doesnt always fulfill his "run" responsibilities and cheats on contain to get some of his sacks so we shall see. Its more of a lateral move overall IMO only because neither Allen or Peppers can solve their issues which go beyond pass rush. They passed Dallas last year as being one of the most pathetic Run Defenses Ive seen in some time. Good luck with that facing A.P. twice a year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

A lot of money, thats for sure. Will Smith for situational Pass Rusher?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A lot of money, thats for sure. Will Smith for situational Pass Rusher?

[/QUOTE]

whatever we can get at this point. All the options that are left should atleast be cheap so now the question is....  Does BB feel the need to sign someone?  I hope so but I aint holding my breath. Maybe we see Tully back again?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

too much for too little IMRHO ... and he goes to a team of no consequence to the Pats - WIN!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

if only pats had wrapped up their little vince issue, source says he was holding out but just ran outta time.. i knew it definitely wasnt seachickens.. bb didnt execute correctly. its all dead money 4 years at 32m is actually a steal considering jabro ware got 3 years and 30m.. al about the guarantee. if its 12m or so, spread over 3 or 4 years, thats pretty good

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if only pats had wrapped up their little vince issue, source says he was holding out but just ran outta time.. i knew it definitely wasnt seachickens.. bb didnt execute correctly. its all dead money 4 years at 32m is actually a steal considering jabro ware got 3 years and 30m.. al about the guarantee. if its 12m or so, spread over 3 or 4 years, thats pretty good

[/QUOTE]

For once I agree with you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For once I agree with you.

[/QUOTE]

Except for the part of him walking thru these doors. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Why would anyone want to play in Chicago?  If you have to play in bad weather, you should play for a good team.  If the team sucks, seek the sun!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

He's getting paid and must think he can win something In Chi-town...he knows they have a pro QB at least.....And he gets to pound both Minn and Green Bay.....good move for him but I doubt he plays more than 1 or 2 years...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's getting paid and must think he can win something In Chi-town...he knows they have a pro QB at least.....And he gets to pound both Minn and Green Bay.....good move for him but I doubt he plays more than 1 or 2 years...

[/QUOTE]

Why would he want to pound Minnesota? They gave him (and more importantly, let him play out) what was at the time the biggest deal for a defensive player in NFL history.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I guess a lot of Pats fans were pinched and woke up from the dream to get Allen, huh?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I guess a lot of Pats fans were pinched and woke up from the dream to get Allen, huh?

[/QUOTE]

They never had a shot...they would never spend that kind of cash on a guy his age for a position they feel they are adequate at...I just don't think they saw him as that big a difference maker where they think Revis IS!

They do need additional pass rush ability, however...where and how they get it, I have no idea....I  doubt they feel like paying any other available vet that kind of $$ and the draft might provide some young talent but it takes a while to learn how to do it unless you're a sack machine...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They never had a shot...they would never spend that kind of cash on a guy his age for a position they feel they are adequate at...I just don't think they saw him as that big a difference maker where they think Revis IS!

They do need additional pass rush ability, however...where and how they get it, I have no idea....I  doubt they feel like paying any other available vet that kind of $$ and the draft might provide some young talent but it takes a while to learn how to do it unless you're a sack machine...

[/QUOTE]

Yep...  At least he went to a team with some playoff aspirations and not just to get paid.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

maybe change is good?  The Patriots could use a positive change in player quality. Revis and Browner is a start. Now we have to improve the OL, DL, and TE position. Most importantly, the Patriots need to address the pass rush woes this year.  There should be a sense of urgency - as Brady is in his twilight years - and the BB/Brady era is going to come to an end sooner rather than later.  

The post-Brady era will be different....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thank God we still have Dink.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought Chicago was in salary cap hell and wouldn't be able to do such a thing?? They dump the expensive Peppers and sign another expensive, but younger, pass rusher. Salary Cap Hell sure is scary...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought Chicago was in salary cap hell and wouldn't be able to do such a thing?? They dump the expensive Peppers and sign another expensive, but younger, pass rusher. Salary Cap Hell sure is scary...

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad the Pats have avoided it.  I'd hate to see them signing a guy like Allen.  I prefer not being in cap hell and running a long term player out of town because of a cap number.