Jared Allen To Sign With Seahawks??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Jared Allen To Sign With Seahawks??

The Seahawks reportedly are putting the finishing touches on a deal with Allen: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/20/seahawks-close-to-a-deal-with-jared-allen/ 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Jared Allen To Sign With Seahawks??

Curious to see what the final numbers are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

The Seahawks reportedly are putting the finishing touches on a deal with Allen: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/20/seahawks-close-to-a-deal-with-jared-allen/ 

look for the seahaks to repeat. sf and n.o. will be tough too though.

if e were to make it, drops our chances even more of winning

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think we will have a defense to stop their offense. With this defense we will win low scoring games aka against hawks. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heard its going to be a "fake" contract similar to Revis. Net result 1/$10m with some of the $10m in dead money year 2

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

He'll probably wear his cowboy hat and boots on the field while he's playing....

YEEEHAWWWWWWW!!!!!

Don't worry...they won't repeat!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfanmaine72. Show patsfanmaine72's posts

He left with no contract per espn. Has to review his offers. Meaning pay more for me.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heard its going to be a "fake" contract similar to Revis. Net result 1/$10m with some of the $10m in dead money year 2

[/QUOTE]

I could definitely see that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to patsfanmaine72's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He left with no contract per espn. Has to review his offers. Meaning pay more for me.

[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what that means!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If we have to worry about facing the Sehawks this year, that's a good problem to have.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If we have to worry about facing the Sehawks this year, that's a good problem to have.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I also don't want to pay an aging and delusional DE 10 mil per to pretend he can play 3 downs for 16 games at a high level. Sounds like it's a done deal.

Very unlikely Seattle repeats.

[/QUOTE]

It just said on NESN.Com in the headlines ,he left Seattle with out a deal and will think about his NFL future this weekend.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

Guys a space needle. Doesn't seem like his head and heart are in the game any ore. Can't blame him. Hard on the body.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If he left Seattle without a deal and is mulling offers... appears he still wants more money and will pit one offer against another.  Also, it appears the Pats are not in the mix.  With that said, unless the Pats are in the mix, I'd say let's can discussion of Allen and where he goes for now unless the Pats are in the mix.  Otherwise, do we really care where he lands?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If he left Seattle without a deal and is mulling offers... appears he still wants more money and will pit one offer against another.  Also, it appears the Pats are not in the mix.  With that said, unless the Pats are in the mix, I'd say let's can discussion of Allen and where he goes for now unless the Pats are in the mix.  Otherwise, do we really care where he lands?

[/QUOTE]

I don't.

[/QUOTE]

I concur.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sam0377's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think we will have a defense to stop their offense. With this defense we will win low scoring games aka against hawks. 

[/QUOTE]

hi sam,
    so our offense will do better agssint their defense than thirs ill agaisnt ours? even ithout a pass rush (that cna rsuh agaisnt even denvers o line last year)?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

to me, nto if we lose..... ho many of those does a team need (sb losses)?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i comented because it occcurred to my brain if e were to make it there to face them. sports forum right? ok to discuss thoguhts that occur..?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i comented because it occcurred to my brain if e were to make it there to face them. sports forum right? ok to discuss thoguhts that occur..?

[/QUOTE]

So, are you saying we should discuss every FA move being made in the league regardless of team?  My point is to focus on the Pats and what moves they are doing. There have been discussions about Allen possibly coming here and at this point it does not appear to be the case.  Move on to players who are still in the mix and forget those who aren't even interested in the Pats.  As I said, why should we concern ourselves with them?  Just a lot of wishful thinking posts and discussions?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, are you saying we should discuss every FA move being made in the league regardless of team?  My point is to focus on the Pats and what moves they are doing. There have been discussions about Allen possibly coming here and at this point it does not appear to be the case.  Move on to players who are still in the mix and forget those who aren't even interested in the Pats.  As I said, why should we concern ourselves with them?  Just a lot of wishful thinking posts and discussions?

[/QUOTE]

i dotn think you shold discuss everything. but people should nto need to walk lockstep with any expectation of what any other thinks "must be discussed" or must not be discussed" ie everythignis open forum for what anyone wishes to discuss (or not). i hope i convey what i intend.  my post actually was not about him coming here (though theres nothing wrong with discussing that and i have previously), its about how tough seattle might be for us to beat with all their additions(compared to what we have currently). again i dont believe anyone should decide what everyone shouldnt or should discuss. that's me...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the point AGCS is that the numbers reported on Ware, Allen or Peppers are all BS. In reviewing contracts, all 3 are signing in essence 1 years contracts for $10M or less, with cap space managed pushing dead money to what will be a non existent 2nd year, same as Revis. Theoretically, all 3 are on a better term contract than Vince if Vince doesn't restructure...

would the team have been better off with an edge rusher and with out Vince? 

My opinion is no, but makes interesting debate. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think the point AGCS is that the numbers reported on Ware, Allen or Peppers are all BS. In reviewing contracts, all 3 are signing in essence 1 years contracts for $10M or less, with cap space managed pushing dead money to what will be a non existent 2nd year, same as Revis. Theoretically, all 3 are on a better term contract than Vince if Vince doesn't restructure...

would the team have been better off with an edge rusher and with out Vince? 

My opinion is no, but makes interesting debate. 

[/QUOTE]

agreed that it's interesting debate. 

intersting take on "lets can the discussion..."

peace

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I'd say let's can discussion of Allen and where he goes for now unless the Pats are in the mix.  Otherwise, do we really care where he lands?"

We talk about other teams in here all the time, for example you continually bring up which ones are in cap hell. So you're saying it's fine for you to talk about other team's cap problems but player acquisition on other teams is off-limits?

In other words, in your world we can talk about how other teams are getting worse through cap mismanagement but we can't talk about which teams are getting better one way or the other? 

Call me crazy but I see the Pats as one of the Super Bowl contenders this year in the AFC. I see Seattle as the same in the NFC. That means we could face them in a very high stakes game. So, I'm kind of interested in that. 

Oh, and we ran their coach ra-ra-Pete out of the town on a stick, convinced he could never win anything, and now he is a champion, which is kind of interesting in it own right. 

As for this: 

"If we have to worry about facing the Seahawks this year, that's a good problem to have."

I would have agreed with you a few years ago but right now it appears the top NFC teams are the class of the league. If you're happy just getting into a big game with them you're going to get creamed. You have to look at how you match up with them and try to match what they are doing in your own way. 

Fortunately, I think that's what we're doing. 

Anyone who thinks what the Seahawks are doing isn't relevant to the Pats championship aspirations is nuts.

Sections
Shortcuts