Jared Allen = Too much Money?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

Jared Allen = Too much Money?

I think he might cost too much depending on what this article says.  Can someone translate this?

Allen nevertheless authorized Harris to explain that they “have been amazed” by the fact that “many people apparently believe” Allen rejected a $30 million offer during the negotiating period.

The full article is here-

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/17/agent-says-jared-allen-is-talking-to-several-teams/#comments

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thomas_Paine. Show Thomas_Paine's posts

Re: Jared Allen = Too much Money?

That is too bad.  I wouldn't figure him to be someone who sets an ultimatum like - pay me big $$$ or else I will retire.  But I guess you never can tell.

I would love to have seen him with the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

He's not good at controlling the edge against the run either. He would be a situational pass rusher, but likely wants paid like a full time player

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In response to Thomas_Paine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That is too bad.  I wouldn't figure him to be someone who sets an ultimatum like - pay me big $$$ or else I will retire.  But I guess you never can tell.

I would love to have seen him with the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

From what I read Denver put Allen on hold and picked up Ware because they perferred him more for some reason.  Age?  But in the same breath Allen did say he wanted to get paid and admired Barry Sanders for leaving the game the way he did.  So money is an issue that comes ahead of the ring.  I expect that he will be retiring.

I might add that Sanders situation was very different.  There was no FA.  Allen is getting told by a number of teams he ain't worth it.  If Sanders was on the market he would have been scooped up in a heart beat.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He's not coming here unless he takes a paycut.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

His agent called the 30 million 3 year offer as false -would he be willing to take 12 million for two years?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I would say what we have seen out of the pats secondary in recent years is a product of no pressure and some talent issues on the backend. The pats significantly upgraded their secondary. For this to have optimal results, I would think a good pass rusher and a another DT is required To make the whole thing go. 

Allen I think is not worth what he wants. My preference would be to get the vw thing squared away before the draft, and depending upon how that goes, use the draft to address the DL, both de and DT. i would use the remainder of FA to add some depth to the OL, look for Wendell/Connolly replacement, and grab another FA WR. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

I would say what we have seen out of the pats secondary in recent years is a product of no pressure and some talent issues on the backend. The pats significantly upgraded their secondary. For this to have optimal results, I would think a good pass rusher and a another DT is required To make the whole thing go. 

Allen I think is not worth what he wants. My preference would be to get the vw thing squared away before the draft, and depending upon how that goes, use the draft to address the DL, both de and DT. i would use the remainder of FA to add some depth to the OL, look for Wendell/Connolly replacement, and grab another FA WR. 

lifer,

saying the same thign about defense perspective but for years cryin abotu it. id be fine with your choices, but i think one de legit pass rsuher in hand is better than 2 in the bush (or maybe pass rsuhers who you dont knowif can do the job inthe nfl).                                  peace

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We have pass rushers already...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

looked awful in playoffs last year. need one more legit pass rusher at least imo. 

minds may differ.

peace

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We have pass rushers already...

[/QUOTE]

Nink and jones? We need depth behind them. I don't see bequette making the cut this year and buchannon is still developing. Nink and jones played way too many snaps last year to be consistently effective rushing the passer. We need a guy or two to give them a breather. I also want a DT who can rush from inside. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Nink and jones? We need depth behind them. I don't see bequette making the cut this year and buchannon is still developing. Nink and jones played way too many snaps last year to be consistently effective rushing the passer. We need a guy or two to give them a breather. I also want a DT who can rush from inside. 

[/QUOTE]

We need some bulls in the middle of that D line, but speed off the edges we have in abundance.  Nink, Jones, Buchanon at end, I haven't completely written off Bequette who played a role in special teams, Collins, Mayo, Arrington and Browner will all bring the heat. 

Sure we may sign a vet at the minimum to rush the passer, not sure Allen is that guy or at that money.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

... so this leads one to believe that for Allen it is about getting paid more than joining a winning team.  Whoever pays his price wins his services it appears.

He ain't coming to the Pats, that for certain.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We need some bulls in the middle of that D line, but speed off the edges we have in abundance.  Nink, Jones, Buchanon at end, I haven't completely written off Bequette who played a role in special teams, Collins, Mayo, Arrington and Browner will all bring the heat. 

Sure we may sign a vet at the minimum to rush the passer, not sure Allen is that guy or at that money.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with both of you here.  Not sure which position I would choose to add to first.  I see good arguments for both positions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with both of you here.  Not sure which position I would choose to add to first.  I see good arguments for both positions.

[/QUOTE]

Pressure up the middle has been missing for years until Kelly showed up, but then he went down...

As far as the edge goes, Nink is a one trick pony for the most part when it comes to pass rushing.  He uses speed off the edge and displays a great motor, and sometimes throws in a bull rush and spin move. 

Jones has more skills for getting back there, but still has to learn more technique. 

In short these guys get tired at the end of games, and it would be nice to compliment them with a Jared Allen - or use Nink as the complimentary piece to get the others some breathing time.  They need to play less and stay fresh. 

As far as I am concerned we need a DT, and DE that can get to the QB.  I hope Wilfork stays as we could use him and Siliga as the run stuffers.  Chris Jones can give us some inside pass-rush, but I hope Kelly stays in that starting role.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Without question the only needs on this team are DT and maybe a center/guard, a lot of which has to do with Vince's situation.  I do agree we'll add a speed rusher but it will be a value vet that gets all the moaners around here in a tizzy. 

If Allen values winning over getting paid, he will sign here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    Pressure up the middle has been missing for years until Kelly showed up, but then he went down...

As far as the edge goes, Nink is a one trick pony for the most part when it comes to pass rushing.  He uses speed off the edge and displays a great motor, and sometimes throws in a bull rush and spin move. 

Jones has more skills for getting back there, but still has to learn more technique. 

In short these guys get tired at the end of games, and it would be nice to compliment them with a Jared Allen - or use Nink as the complimentary piece to get the others some breathing time.  They need to play less and stay fresh. 

As far as I am concerned we need a DT, and DE that can get to the QB.  I hope Wilfork stays as we could use him and Siliga as the run stuffers.  Chris Jones can give us some inside pass-rush, but I hope Kelly stays in that starting role.  

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. I'd like to see Ninkovich in more of a support role rather than the featured guy opposite Jones.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Looks like the Allen possibility is evaporating if it ever had any chance of materializing:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000335013/article/jared-allen-to-mull-options-after-meeting-with-cowboys?campaign=Twitter_atl

Sections
Shortcuts