Jared Allen will be traded.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Jared Allen will be traded.

Vikings re-signed DE Justin Trattou.

TE Chase Ford was waived in a corresponding roster move. Trattou was waived just three days ago. The obvious takeaway from his return is that the Vikings are getting ready to trade RE Jared Allen, but it's quite possible the move is just a coincidence. Either way, Trattou is mere depth.   I guess Seattle's not playing around...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Jared Allen will be traded.

Adam Schefter ā€@AdamSchefter 1m

Seahawks not expected to trade for Vikings DE Jared Allen now. One source said the Seahawks have decided to not actively pursue him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Mallet and a 4th?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seahawks not expected to trade for Vikings DE Jared Allen now. One source said the Seahawks have decided to not actively pursue him.

[/QUOTE]

Just saw that... oh, this can get interesting...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

While all CAP numbers are fluid and approximates, I believe Allens cap hit this year is $17M. with the season at the half way point, he is due approximately $8.5M. I dont think the Pats can sign him with out cuts from the current roster that lower their own cap number

That speaks to only the dollars and cents, not the compensation for Allen...do the PAts surrender a #2 for an 8 game rental?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While all CAP numbers are fluid and approximates, I believe Allens cap hit this year is $17M. with the season at the half way point, he is due approximately $8.5M. I dont think the Pats can sign him with out cuts from the current roster that lower their own cap number

That speaks to only the dollars and cents, not the compensation for Allen...do the PAts surrender a #2 for an 8 game rental?

[/QUOTE]

A conditional 3, and I heard Jared will restructure for a contedner to lower the cap hit, and I would hope he'd sign up for two more years at a reasonable extension... I'm dreaming here I know...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Vikings wouldnā€™t get a third-round compensatory pick for Jared Allen

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/29/vikings-wouldnt-get-a-third-round-compensatory-pick-for-jared-allen/

Despite widespread reports and speculation that the Vikings would get a third-round compensatory pick in 2015 if Allen leaves as a free agent in 2014, a source with knowledge of the formula tells PFT that the Vikings would be limited to a fifth-round compensatory pick for Allen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'm hearing two teams are still interested. Seattle is not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All that means is the Vikings starting point was too high so Seattle is working the media...they want Allen badly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Would love to have, kick Nink back to linebacker in place of Mayo and Chandler to LDE.

Run D will be better, pass rush better and Chandler will see less double coverages...but that cap hit is scary.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Oh, no....

NFL.com's Gil Brandt reports the Broncos are "attempting to trade" for Vikings RE Jared Allen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, no....

NFL.com's Gil Brandt reports the Broncos are "attempting to trade" for Vikings RE Jared Allen.

[/QUOTE]

If they want to make a move, we should as well. I mean, their cap is smaller than ours.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, no....

[/QUOTE]

If they want to make a move, we should as well. I mean, their cap is smaller than ours.

[/QUOTE]

I hope BB at least called... if nothing else... Jones and Allen ends... wow.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Perhaps the Broncos are trying to rattle us and draw us away from someone of a mutual interest......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perhaps the Broncos are trying to rattle us and draw us away from someone of a mutual interest......

[/QUOTE]

Their biggest need is pass rush, it has been ever since faxing replaced email.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Their biggest need is pass rush, it has been ever since faxing replaced email.

LMAO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Minn is asking a second or a high 3rd (top half of 3rd)

Too much for 8 games and Minn is stuck with him if they don't lower their demands.

He's walking after the season to go to a contender so Minn will get nothing but a low 5th cond.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't see BB aggressively pursuing this guy.  Float a trial balloon perhaps but I don't really think so.  Besides, is this really an area of need for the Pats right now?  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I'd be surprised if we bring in Allen.  I don't think he will take the kind of pay cut that would make it worthwhile for us or any other team for that matter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think if I remember right only 14.2 is base so you only count the base which means 7.5mil cost to the cap. I wouldn't want to do it. Allen would be great but to high of a cost in terms of using cap space moving forward for the extra edge rusher. If he was a DT I'd be interested but if I had to spend that kind of cash I'd target WR and a DT before an extra edge rusher. Though it would improve the run game and moving Nink back to OLB with Hightower as MLB would also help improve the D too

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see BB aggressively pursuing this guy.  Float a trial balloon perhaps but I don't really think so.  Besides, is this really an area of need for the Pats right now?  

[/QUOTE]

If Denver is all that's in our way this year then you can't let Horse Neck pass the football or you won't win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree, If anything, Allen makes the run defense worse! I also think the days of Nink playing OLB are over with...Pats made their decision and signed Carter, knowing very well Allen would hit the market 1 week later

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Schefter just tweeted that Denver is not getting Allen.  I don't think he is going to get moved.  It wouldn't surprise me if it was because he won't take a pay cut.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Schefter just tweeted that Denver is not getting Allen.  I don't think he is going to get moved.  It wouldn't surprise me if it was because he won't take a pay cut.

[/QUOTE]

he cant take a pay cut. he can sign a new contract with the balance of this years money changed to a signing bonus, easing the cap hit into future years, but would you want to sign him for 3-4 years at big money? I mean he made $17M dollars this year. even signing a new contract for 4/$24 with $15 guaranteed is too much for him imo 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

he cant take a pay cut. he can sign a new contract with the balance of this years money changed to a signing bonus, easing the cap hit into future years, but would you want to sign him for 3-4 years at big money? I mean he made $17M dollars this year. even signing a new contract for 4/$24 with $15 guaranteed is too much for him imo 

EDIT: I forgot about the vested veteran thing.  So yes a restructuring/extension would be required.  The point is he would have to take a pay cut in future years to make his hit this year tenable.  I don't think he'd do that.