Jared Allen

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Jared Allen

In Response to Re: Jared Allen:
    In Response to Re: Jared Allen : A 1st? Maybe. I think it makes sense in the idea that BB likes veteran pass rushers and not draft picks. But, couldn't NE just try to give them one of our 2nds (higher of the two) and maybe a 3rd? I guess it depends on competition for Allen. 1st rders have way more value now than they did pre-lockout.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Well I don't think late 1st gain very much value as the rookie cap is basically the same as what late 1st were paid to begin with. But if they could get away with a 2nd and a 3rd I'd do it, but for a 6 time 10+ sack pass rusher it might take a 1st. I was just giving an example though of a pass rusher BB would be willing to spend a 1st on instead of trying to draft one late in the 1st

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : You think every "good player" on another team would be good on the Pats.  Someone that thinks that is the result of playing with a kite on 495!
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

You still talking? Don't get a hint that no one cares for your comments? Stop wasting 'bandwith'

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Posts from Patsfansince1966 are hidden

So much better, try it bmadmax82!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : I can remember Pats fans drooling over Adalius Thomas in the winter of 2006/07.  How did that one work out? 

I'm kind of surprised that people bash Thomas so much, when in fact he was a really good player for us for a couple of years. He played middle linebacker for us at first and did it really well. He may of been the best player on the field for us during the 07 Super Bowl. He was pretty steady for the most part until he quit on the team his last year here. Why did he do that? Who knows, but he certainly did if you wayched him play, but for the most part he was better than a lot of other free agent signings around the league.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : Which is my point-who's to say that Allen wouldn't pull the same thing if he was a Pat?  If one traded three or four players or draft picks to get a guy that could be another Thomas, is that a good thing?

Well honestly I think you have to look at it a few of ways. 1. How old is the player and what is his injury history. 2. What is the scheme he will be playing in?
    3. What do we have to give up?

I think Allen is 30 or close, so realistically he's not going to give you much more...although he is still beyond productive. If you look at the history of pass rushers (unless you are just a speed rusher) you still can produce. So there is a gamble there.

When looking at scheme, you have to ask yourself..are we going to put this guy in a 34? Because if you are, then you'd be setting him up for failure. Kind of like what happened to Thomas...they had him playing a different thing every single year.

Really it (along with everything in football) is a gamble, but guys like him don't grow on trees. If we're playing more of a 43 then he would do wonders for our defense. There is a very small window of opportunity here with Brady and just like the Thomas acquisition, if it goes wrong it won't derail your franchise. I'd be tempted to give up a first for him, only because we've seen what some higher picks turn out like...Maroney, Merrieweather, Butler, Brace, Wheatly...you can even look at guys that may turn out ok, but aren't helping you right now..Vareen, Rasi-Dowling, Cunningham, Vollmer. A sure thing is better than the alternative sometimes, even it only lasts a couple of seasons.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : So you can post your innanity but no one else can? MORON.

This dude has an IQ of an ant. In one post, he critizes people for posting and in this post, he endorses freedom of speech!
    He must be very 'special'

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : I don't see it as a gamble worth taking.  They got burned with Colvin and with Thomas.  Do they need to get burned again with Allen-because I think they'd get burned. Regardless of what others have said, I think Shawn Ellis was very good last year with the Jets and he's come here and done nothing.  We basically let Ty Warren go because of Ellis coming in.  I wish they had Ty Warren back. So Moss worked, so Welker worked.  I think it's easier for offensive players to fit in to a team than defensive players, because they have to work together more as a team than the offense has to. 

By asking for Warren, it tells us how little you know about football in general. Ty was signed by Denver and he was immediately put in IR due to triceps tear without playing a down. You want him playing for us? Bravo!
    Atleast do some research before you open your ignorant mouth. Go and play in traffic like someone else suggested

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Posts from Patsfansince1966 are hidden So much better, try it bmadmax82!
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Good call Buddy! He is like a small chicuaua yapping all the time!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

To think that I worked all day and missed 1966's posts....  : (

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : I don't see it as a gamble worth taking.  They got burned with Colvin and with Thomas.  Do they need to get burned again with Allen-because I think they'd get burned. Regardless of what others have said, I think Shawn Ellis was very good last year with the Jets and he's come here and done nothing.  We basically let Ty Warren go because of Ellis coming in.  I wish they had Ty Warren back. So Moss worked, so Welker worked.  I think it's easier for offensive players to fit in to a team than defensive players, because they have to work together more as a team than the offense has to. 

Yeah again, they didn't get "burned" with the signing of Colvin and/or Thomas...both played at pretty high levels for a number of years. In fact if you added both to this defense right now, we'd be better off - right away - as in now.

Ty Warren being released had nothing to do with Ellis coming in a month later. This was a guy that decided to take an off season off so he could get his degree, when he was injured and should of had surgury - followed by rehab. Instead he decided to do this on our time and dime, leaving the team without it's highly paid defensive end for a season.

As far as offensive players coming in and doing better with this team....why don't you look at Ocho Cinco, Galloway, and Fred Taylor.

Jarred Allen may not be a gamble worth taking, but he's a rare talent that would improve your defense right now. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : You don't know that he would in practice.

I'm sorry....what?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : Exactly.

Because I'm not really sure who/what I'm dealing with, would you mind completing this exam to verify proof of brain waves?

Fill in the blank with most likely number.    1234_67
    True or False: Water has more moisture than sand___
    Fill in the blank: Rock, Paper, _________
    True or False: It's generally acceptable to punch yourself in the face at parent teacher conferences. ___

Let me know if you need the assistance of a word bank or study guide..use of a calculator. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Mike Sims-Walker was just cut. Would the Pats be interested ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Who care what you think, you are acting like GM now, the same aspect of the forum that you were giving grief to other members.
    Idiot!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : Because I'm not really sure who/what I'm dealing with, would you mind completing this exam to verify proof of brain waves? Fill in the blank with most likely number.    1234_67 True or False: Water has more moisture than sand___ Fill in the blank: Rock, Paper, _________ True or False: It's generally acceptable to punch yourself in the face at parent teacher conferences. ___ Let me know if you need the assistance of a word bank or study guide..use of a calculator. 
    Posted by mthurl

Don't you have something simpler? This is advanced calculus for this idiot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Jared Allen for our first in a HEATBEAT.

Not going to happen but I can dream, can't I?

Sections
Shortcuts