Jared Allen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

Jared Allen

The Vikings are going nowhere.  Should Pats look into Jared Allen.  Allen with Pats, I think that would be awesome.  Go Pats!!!!!!!!!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Jared Allen

No need to be so harsh there Patsfan, Allen certainly warrants a look.  The fact is, he's disruptive, and one of the best D-Linemen in the game.  Can you imagine a front four of Carter, Wilfork, Haynesworth, and Allen?  Scary!  If we can get him for a 3rd, or maybe even a 2nd, I would be happy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

me too

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Pats can't afford him... 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Seems like there is some sort of Allen to Pats rumor going on:

08:20 AM ET 10.16 | One trade possibility for the Vikings would seem to be aging cornerback Antoine Winfield, 34, for a late-round draft pick if not for his injured neck. There's also been chatter that the New England Patriots (4-1), who dumped receiver Randy Moss on the Vikings last year, would be interested in Vikings defensive end Jared Allen, 29, for a first-round draft pick.

St. Paul Pioneer Press

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Btw patsfan1996, stop acting like duck and let people make their opinion. You're not some 'hall monitor' who needs to bark at every posts and state that what you say is right. Your complete disdain for any posts here makes you sound like one of those crazy, irrational Jets fan. Show some class!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Are you paying for everyone's bandwidth in this forum? Is your life anyway being affected by anything written here? Geez, grow up. It's a public forum and people are entitled their opinion. That's what forums are for!! To discuss and debate.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen:
    In Response to Re: Jared Allen : Replace "your life" with "the New England Patriots roster".
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Keep barking buddy, keep barking!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Allen's a great player and probably worth a first but I doubt the Vikes have any interest in moving him. Every year this idea comes up that a struggling team will for some reason sell off all their good players since they won't win anyway. It's absurd, Carolina wasn't getting rid of Steve Smith last year just because they stunk, and Fitzgerald wasn't leaving cause the Cardinals stunk, or I think we heard Steven Jackson a couple years ago too. These teams are trying to get better in the long term, unless they publicly announce they want to trade Allen I wouldn't put any stock in the rumor.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : Someday someone will hire you as peanut vendor.

That's the best you can come up with? I am sure you'll still be unemployed and trolling at that point, looking for attention. Maybe it's time you get out og your momma's basement and start meeting people who live in 3D world.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Patsfan038, don't waste your time with 1966. He never has anything relevant to contribute to the conversations. He watches this forum like a hawk ready to prey on anybody suggesting or discussing possible moves that the Pats would make. One would think we're committing blasphemy instead of actually having friendly, civil conversations about what we want our favorite team to do. Honestly 66, is there anything wrong with that? If you don't approve of the chat, don't bring your disrespectful banter here claiming people don't have a life because they're playing 'closet' GM. Lighten up, old man.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Allen would be one of the few players I would say would be worth a 1st.

I actually put more stock into this then Lloyd trade talk. The reason is that BB is reluctant to use a 1st on a pass rushing DE that doesn't have top 10 talent and given neither the Pats or NO's pick is going to produce a top 10 talent in the draft Allen gives you good value in a position of need. It also gives BB something he desperately desires a vet DL that he can just let lose without coaching up.

I doubt it would happen based on BB's history of 1st round pick use or Vikings be willing to trade him unless they don't think they can retain him but if it did imagine a front 7 of:

Allen      Haynesworth          Wilfork          Carter

Mayo                         Spikes                              Nin

Now that's scary

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Why not his base salary and cap hit are great for 2011 and beyond...

Base SalaryS. BonusMisc. BonusCap Hit
    2008750,0002,583,333- 3,333,333
    20118,979,4382,583,333- 11,562,771
    201211,619,8502,583,333- 14,203,183
    201314,280,6122,583,333- 16,863,945

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Why not his base salary and cap hit are great for 2011 and beyond...   Base Salary S. Bonus Misc. Bonus Cap Hit 2008 750,000 2,583,333 -   3,333,333 2009 7,750,000 2,583,333 4,000,000 14,333,333 2010 6,380,000 2,583,333 4,000,000 12,963,333 2011 8,979,438 2,583,333 -   11,562,771 2012 11,619,850 2,583,333 -   14,203,183 2013 14,280,612 2,583,333 -   16,863,945
    Posted by tompenny

maybe if it was for a 2nd and we get him to restructure those numbers to under 7million per year and extend him for 3-4 more years. while he is a great player and i would love to see him here i doubt it would happen. if BB wanted to pay a DE 10million + per year we would have kept seymore

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : Tell me what's fun about speculating and maybe I won't tell YOU to "lighten up" since we all know that really means "shut up". You clain that I'm being disrespectful, well, what about you?  What are YOU being? Why don't you speculate about something that is in YOUR control?

Lol,
    I totally believe when you say that you don't live in your parent's basement! Afterall, you've been the personification of pure mental health! Talk about needing help, you need a big one! Daddy/mommy issues? Never held as a child? Abandoned by everyone and never had a girl friend? It all makes sense, why you're always bitter and trolling this forum. I actually have sympathy for you now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Patsfan038, don't waste your time with 1966. He never has anything relevant to contribute to the conversations. He watches this forum like a hawk ready to prey on anybody suggesting or discussing possible moves that the Pats would make. One would think we're committing blasphemy instead of actually having friendly, civil conversations about what we want our favorite team to do. Honestly 66, is there anything wrong with that? If you don't approve of the chat, don't bring your disrespectful banter here claiming people don't have a life because they're playing 'closet' GM. Lighten up, old man.
    Posted by IrishMob7

You're right buddy! This dude needs serious help. He has nothing interesting to say apart from blasting people for their opinion. He would be a good dictator in one of those African nations! I guess we don't have to waste our time on him anymore!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Jared Allen : maybe if it was for a 2nd and we get him to restructure those numbers to under 7million per year and extend him for 3-4 more years. while he is a great player and i would love to see him here i doubt it would happen. if BB wanted to pay a DE 10million + per year we would have kept seymore
    Posted by natesubs

Although I agree, we also have the cap space this year to front load a restructure and to get a premier pass rusher it's going to cost you some big money. Honestly who on the DL deserves a contract that size (other then Wilfork), so it's not like they couldn't justify it to help an area they refuse to address in the draft. A couple games now we see how a pass rush affects the entire team so having a premier pass rusher who can consistently provide pressure every game is paramount to the success of the D

But, I digress because I doubt it would happen. Not in BB's mo

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Why not his base salary and cap hit are great for 2011 and beyond...   Base Salary S. Bonus Misc. Bonus Cap Hit 2008 750,000 2,583,333 -   3,333,333 2009 7,750,000 2,583,333 4,000,000 14,333,333 2010 6,380,000 2,583,333 4,000,000 12,963,333 2011 8,979,438 2,583,333 -   11,562,771 2012 11,619,850 2,583,333 -   14,203,183 2013 14,280,612 2,583,333 -   16,863,945
    Posted by tompenny

These numbers are high but they are commensurate with the pay of a top DE. I don't think salary is a reason this trade couldn't happen. I remember at one time Seymour was making 15mil per year and was the highest paid player in the NFL so BB is not against paying top money for top talent. The first thing to remember though is that this proposal came about as a pipe dream of a writer, as far as we know Min has no interest in moving him and there is really no reason to trade him. What could they possibly hope to gain? You could use two or three first rounders and not hit on a top 5 DE so why trade one away for some magic beans. The next thing is that when you start talking about 15 million dollar contracts and 1st round plus more type trades they are rare. There is a tremendous amount of risk involved for both teams and whoever is determined to be the loser of this trade will likely lose their job. Coaches and GMs stick their neck out pretty far on a deal like this. Mcdaniels traded away Cutler, and after Cutler had a good season and Orton didn't (along with their picks) he was gone.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts