Jared Allen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Jared Allen

In Response to Re: Jared Allen:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Allen : Couldn't one say the same about OchoStinko?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Is that all you can think of? 3 years ago I would have said yes, but imo TO supplanting him as Cincy's top receiver last year took Chad out of the elite role. Anyone who thought he was going to come in here and put up Randy Moss-type numbers was dreaming

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

would it shock anyone if 1966 was really PhatRex in disguise trying to stir up trouble?

Notice how 1966 only comes around during the draft or during a stretch when the Jets aren't playing well. 1966 also seems to only criticize others opinions on this board without giving any informed opinion of his own, just mocking statements. Even people I typically get in arguments with on this board will present logical arguments and will see eye to eye with almost everyone on the board at least once but I have never seen 1966 do either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Allen : Would anyone with HALF A BRAIN give up possibly four players for this one guy who may not thrive in this system?  Wasn't Shawn Ellis a beast for the Jets? If so, what has he done here?

are you even reading what's written or just trying to be Mr. negative to what ever is posted?

No one is saying give up four for one, my point is with if either Carter and Anderson go down neighther Ellis or Cunningham have the speed off the edge not to give all four for Allen.

And no, last year Ellis was at best average through out the season and had one big game against the Pats in the playoffs.  He's 290lbs and does not have the speed to get around OTs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

Allen only plays well when he wants too..But with the Pats they would be winning most of the time and he would be into the game.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]I am pretty sure once you start a season and submit a player's salary onto the books, you can't restructure. I don't think the union allows that.  I could be wrong. Doesn't he make 9 million per year?  NE would be on the hook for just over 5 million bucks. They're paying Ellis that  kind of money, so.  I just dont' see this happening.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Not sure about that Russ. Didn't Curry restructure his contract when he got traded to Oakland?

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Allen : I think Thomas' best game was in the Super Bowl.  Other than that he didn't do much, except show up late for practice.
    For someone who has such a negitive attitude, I'm surprised you managed to type these sentences without going into depression. Emo anyone?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

[QUOTE]"Here's a logical argument: why waste money and players and draft choice on a player that may not live up to expectations?Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Because that's what you do in a trade...it's simple economics. If the potential reward (Allen's potential beastliness based on past performence) outweighs the potential risk (the output of whatever the Vikings would want in return in players/picks) then you do the trade. 

Allen is a beast! if it's a 1st or 2nd rounder they want for him, then I say do it. I'm guessing the Pats won't have a top 5-10 pick this draft, and it's unlikely that any pass rushing DE taken that late would be as productive as Allen, especially right away. So really the question for you is who do you think they'll draft and how productive will they be? 

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Allen : If Allen is "really" the beast everyone thinks, they are going to demand more than one or two draft picks for him. Get real, if you can.  I know it's hard, but try.
    How about you try to stop bothering people in this forum? I know its tought but just try!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Allen : If Allen is "really" the beast everyone thinks, they are going to demand more than one or two draft picks for him. Get real, if you can.  I know it's hard, but try.

You sound like such a condescending, immature little kid in every single post. Randy Moss for a 4th ring a bell? Doesn't matter how he was playing in Oakland, the man was the definition of beast. Wes Welker for a 2nd if that suits you better? Go fly a kite, you've been attacking fellow Pats fans for the last 7 hours non-stop

The funny part is no make no effort to add to the discussion. You make lame comments that you think are witty and intelligent

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmadmax82. Show bmadmax82's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jared Allen : You sound like such a condescending, immature little kid in every single post. Randy Moss for a 4th ring a bell? Doesn't matter how he was playing in Oakland, the man was the definition of beast. Wes Welker for a 2nd if that suits you better? Go fly a kite, you've been attacking fellow Pats fans for the last 7 hours non-stop The funny part is no make no effort to add to the discussion. You make lame comments that you think are witty and intelligent
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]
    You should add "go fly a kite in middle of I95" Seems like a beter option at this point. This dude is a like a parasite

Sections
Shortcuts