Jarvis Green Has Knee Surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Jarvis Green Has Knee Surgery

Its' been repoorted that Patriots' starting DE, Jarvis Green, will likely be out at least a month due to some sort of knee surgery: 
    http://csnne.com/pages/landing?Jarvis-Green-Has-Knee-Surgery=1&blockID=86334&feedID=3352

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully45. Show RTSully45's posts

Re: Jarvis Green Has Knee Surgery

I guess this means we'll find out if Ron Brace can play now.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Thats not good. He is a good pass rusher so it shouldnt hurt to bad this week against the Phins. But against the Saints and Colts it may hurt us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Ouch.

Let's hope Warren will be OK.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Ron Brace is a NT or DT and by no means is he a DE so this does not effect Brace at all. Mike Wright will see more time and Pryer will get some more playing time. Warren has already come out and said he is fine. This is a blow to the team but lets not forget, the Pats never get through the season healthy, they are b anged up every year and in fact in the years we won it all we were b anged up so bad that no gave us a shot so dont stress out we will be fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully45. Show RTSully45's posts

This does effect Brace Killa.   He has been innactive the past 4-5 weeks.  He may not be innactive this week with Green out.   Which means he may get some reps in sub packages.   Didn't mean to say he would directly replace Green on the line, just that he might get some action because of Green's absence. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Oh well in that case yes it will effect him as he will be on the active roster but i dont know if he will effect this team at all he might not even play. I know that right now they are much higher on Myron Pryer then they are on Ron Brace, But I am rooting for Brace to be a good player. He is a Massachusetts boy so of course i want to see him do well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Jarvis Green Has Knee Surgery:
    [QUOTE]Oh well in that case yes it will effect him as he will be on the active roster but i dont know if he will effect this team at all he might not even play. I know that right now they are much higher on Myron Pryer then they are on Ron Brace, But I am rooting for Brace to be a good player. He is a Massachusetts boy so of course i want to see him do well.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

And Wes did not go under the knee cartilage knife so we do not know what was wrong with him but at least it was not the cartilage (good thing).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Seriously, when's the last time Jarvis Green has made a play??  2007??  Don't mean to be a hater but Jarvis has been invisible for a full season and a half now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously, when's the last time Jarvis Green has made a play??  2007??  Don't mean to be a hater but Jarvis has been invisible for a full season and a half now.
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

Greens playing time has been down for sure. Mike Wright is picking up where Green left off. Pryor,Warren and Burgess are good at the DE position. Brace is in the development stage it looks like anyway! Hope Green is ok for later in the season he is a vet!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

The reason he is having the surgery now is so that he can come back healthy probably around mid December and help us down the stretch.  It seems more strategic thean anything else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously, when's the last time Jarvis Green has made a play??  2007??  Don't mean to be a hater but Jarvis has been invisible for a full season and a half now.

When was the last time you seen him f up?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MudCityManglers. Show MudCityManglers's posts

OKAY, this is a pointless discussion and I want it stopped!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]Oh well in that case yes it will effect him as he will be on the active roster but i dont know if he will effect this team at all he might not even play. I know that right now they are much higher on Myron Pryer then they are on Ron Brace, But I am rooting for Brace to be a good player. He is a Massachusetts boy so of course i want to see him do well.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

Pryor is at his best when he plays defensive tackle in the 4-3, but when we play 3-4 jarvis green played two-gap d-end, thats what seymour used to play. I remember reading during training camp that Ron Brace was not only gettin reps at nose tackle but defensive end in the 3-4 as well, so we might see Brace play some end this sunday depending on what the pats play 3-4 or 4-3.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

I think it's remarkable how the Patriots have managed to train all employees with regard to in-season injury reporting. No one says anything (I know nothing, I hear nothing, I see nothing) and I'm wondering if Ty Warren will be fined for saying he's "...good to go."

Beyond that the three minutes I spent reading this thread is lost forever. Hence I type these words: ...wow, some who post here (like me) add nothing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We seem to be running more 3/4 and 2/4/5 packages this season with Burgess and TBCain as defensive ends.  Green used to get a lot of play in the 4/3 with Seymour moving inside and Green rushing from the end.  With Sey gone Green is the odd man out, he was never overly talented and more of an effort guy, a lot of his sacks came from being fresh late in games when his opponents were worn down.

If Green is out I would expect Wright to move over to one end, mixed in with Pryor and we should see some Brace..?  The Dolphins have a potent running game so if we don't see Ron Brace than perhaps his growth is stunted for some reason..?