Jason Campbell to the Browns. I guess Mallet won't go there. Now where?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Jason Campbell to the Browns. I guess Mallet won't go there. Now where?

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

That has no bearing on anything.   Someone has to back up Mallett once Lombardi deals Weeden off.

What is he going to get for Weeden? A first? Doubtful, that would mean Lombardi would probably get a second max - doesn't matter if he drafted the guy or not - first year GMs aren't suppossed to trade first round picks for second rounders a year later. Then what does he give up for our third round guy Mallett? A second? I mean he could do that, but he'd look like a damn fool doing it and be run out of town a year from now. 

I could see us getting a third from Cleveland, with a conditional 4th the following season based off performance/playing time, etc. Lombardi could then let the two battle it out for the starting job and then go on to trade Weeden next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

That has no bearing on anything.   Someone has to back up Mallett once Lombardi deals Weeden off.

What is he going to get for Weeden? A first? Doubtful, that would mean Lombardi would probably get a second max - doesn't matter if he drafted the guy or not - first year GMs aren't suppossed to trade first round picks for second rounders a year later. Then what does he give up for our third round guy Mallett? A second? I mean he could do that, but he'd look like a damn fool doing it and be run out of town a year from now. 

I could see us getting a third from Cleveland, with a conditional 4th the following season based off performance/playing time, etc. Lombardi could then let the two battle it out for the starting job and then go on to trade Weeden next year.

It was dumb for cleveland to draft a 28 Yr old QB in the first round anyways. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

In response to makonikyman's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Phil Taylor salary 2013-$2.2m. 2014-$2.6m

Ryan Mallette salary 2013-$800k. 2014-900k

Pats backup QB-$1m?

Pats would need to clear a good amount of cap space to consummate this deal. 

Why is that? They still have 8/10 m in space. I don't see cap space as being an issue if this deal went down. Though...I think if any deal with Mallet happens it will be for picks anyway. Somethinglike a 4th this yr and a 2nd or 3rd Nxt yr as BB looks to add picks to 2014....

Speculation is they have approx $10M, but not knowing specifics on Vollmer, hard to say for sure.

assuming the number is $10M, if the Pats keep the current draft choice slots, they will need approx $3.3M to sign them. Pats have also historically "carry over" approx $5-7M to sign players in season. 

According to PFT.com they have 13mil left.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Seriously, Jason Campbell is terrible. Does anybody think Lombardi (or anyone else) would stake the future on that guy? I would hope he's got more on the ball than that. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Maybe the Browns can fight the Jets for Carson Palmer.  I hear he is probably gone from Oak.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Maybe the Browns can fight the Jets for Carson Palmer.  I hear he is probably gone from Oak.

I read somewhere az was looking at Palmer.  

7. This post has been removed.