Jason Taylor- Good player and a better guy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Jason Taylor- Good player and a better guy

I'm disappointed that Taylor didn't sign with the Pats but in a different way I'm glad  he took  significantly  less money to go with  his heart and stay with the Dolphins. In today's sport's world, that is worthy of admiration.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: Jason Taylor- Good player and a better guy

I knew he would do a freindly contract,but i didnt think it would be that low.i beleive come pre-season,or even training camp.a lot of players that are still free agents will be offering the same thing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

John Madden was a good player and is a better guy.  That doesn't mean Madden can play in 2009. 

Taylor is pretty old.  3.5 sacks in 2008, and his 12th year in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm disappointed about Taylor not signing with the Pats.  But the fact that he was willing to sign with the Phins for the league minimum, just shows me he cares more about staying in south florida than winning a superbowl title.  And if Taylor heart wasn't playing for the Pats, then it's better that he stay in Miami.  But Taylor better forget about a ring, because it won't happen with the phins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]John Madden was a good player and is a better guy.  That doesn't mean Madden can play in 2009.  Taylor is pretty old.  3.5 sacks in 2008, and his 12th year in the league.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

He was injured and playing in a different defense....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]He was injured and playing in a different defense....
    Posted by m1020us[/QUOTE]

And why won't he be injured this year too?  34 year old linebackers get them.  Only quarterbacks and kickers go beyond 34.  Maybe someone in the Patriots organization saw a permanent, very long term injury on the film or on the MRI.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]And why won't he be injured this year too?  34 year old linebackers get them.  Only quarterbacks and kickers go beyond 34.  Maybe someone in the Patriots organization saw a permanent, very long term injury on the film or on the MRI.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

What???  Well he is healed from his injury and you can't predict if someone is going to get hurt.

The Patriots wanted him and offered him more money than Miami did....He chose to stay closer to his family for less money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

wasnt he dpoy in 07?  who's to say he has no gas left - pure biased speculation. 

Funny how the arguement conveniently turns to "he's not that good", "he's too old", now that he is no longer an option for the pats. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]wasnt he dpoy in 07?  who's to say he has no gas left - pure biased speculation.  Funny how the arguement conveniently turns to "he's not that good", "he's too old", now that he is no longer an option for the pats. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

To be fair, there were people actually saying that when he was speculated to be signing with the Pats....

I don't get it....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

I would be a lot more impressed if Taylor took less money to sign with a legit Superbowl contender. Instead, he signed with a team because he is familiar with them and likes the area.
    To me, winning a championship (especially at his age) should be a little higher on his priority list. If winning a ring isn't that important to you why not just retire?

Sections
Shortcuts