Jason Taylor on Tom Brady:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Jason Taylor on Tom Brady:

I still can't figure out why he chose NY. I know they offered more money, but he's not playing for money now.

I bet he felt he'd play more in NY and maybe he's right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

Like I said - They wouldn't admit to it but I bet half the Jets team would like to throw old Rex a good old fashioned blanket party. I feel bad for Sanchez. He had nothing but respect for Brady in his last press conference.

That gas bag Rex Ryan is just protecting his job with the fans. Could care less if his antics cause his team to lose. I know as a player I'd be ticked!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In Response to Re: Jason Taylor on Tom Brady::
    [QUOTE]Like I said - They wouldn't admit to it but I bet half the Jets team would like to throw old Rex a good old fashioned blanket party. I feel bad for Sanchez. He had nothing but respect for Brady in his last press conference. That gas bag Rex Ryan is just protecting his job with the fans. Could care less if his antics cause his team to lose. I know as a player I'd be ticked!
    Posted by pymus1[/QUOTE]

good post. I totally agree.Rex's act can only last so long before he is tuned out by everyone. What's he going to say this time when the Jets lose? I was outcoached...AGAIN by Belichick.That would be twice in a month that he's been outcoached by Belichick. In Bill We Trust!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Jason Taylor on Tom Brady::
    [QUOTE]"I know people talk about him celebrating or whatever, pointing at the sideline, I've heard things about that. He was pretty demonstrative up there when we played him up there last time when they scored a touchdown," he said. "I come from a school of thought that if you don't want someone to celebrate or be excited, say something to you, or do something that you might perceive to be offensive, then don't let them score and they won't do that. "I respect Brady as a competitor, and as a person No. 1. I think the things he's done on the field this year have been nothing short of amazing. He's a guy who plays with a lot of passion. As an athlete, you can appreciate it. If he's not on your team, it will obviously tick you off. But again, keep him out of the end zone and you won't be offended by it." Class act. I bet he regrets not taking the deal with New England.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]
    After games you do see these two talk a while, you can see the mutual respect they have for each other.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

he got caught up in the hype...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]Like I said - They wouldn't admit to it but I bet half the Jets team would like to throw old Rex a good old fashioned blanket party. I feel bad for Sanchez. He had nothing but respect for Brady in his last press conference. That gas bag Rex Ryan is just protecting his job with the fans. Could care less if his antics cause his team to lose. I know as a player I'd be ticked!
    Posted by pymus1[/QUOTE]

I was talking to some Packer fans last week and the subject came up as to which quarterback (then) in the playoffs was under the most pressure to win. Of course, Packer fan likes to think it's Aaron Rodgers, because the talk around here -- where Viking fan and Packer fan glare at each other across the river -- was (then) that for all his hype, Rodgers had yet to win a playoff game or a division title. Some people said it was Michael Vick, in his pursuit of free agent money (or a franchise tag); others brought up Cutler, because of the ludicrous price Chicago paid to get him.

I was roundly hooted for chiming in that I thought it was Sanchez, but I still think it is. This kid is in his second year and -- despite a growing (if highly questionable) reputation as as a clutch guy -- he has shown himself over time to be, at most, average . . .  and the pressure Ryan is putting on him by telling everyone and anyone who will listen that New Jersey is this unstoppable juggernaut may crash Sanchez psychologically when the Jests ultimately fail . . .

And they will.

New Jersey's "all-in" attitude this season has put The Sanchize in kind of an untenable position, it seems to me. When he goes out Sunday night and does what he does in Foxoboro -- which is to scatter wild throws and interceptions all over the place -- it seems reasonable to expect people to start taking a long, hard look at this kid's future in the context of a team with many, many key personnel decisions to make in the coming off-season.

It's all well and good to say that Sanchez manages games well enough to let the Jests squeak by . . .  and you can't argue with 11 - 5, but this is a quarterback league, and New Jersey made a big move to get this kid. It's not enough that he "doesn't lose."  At some point, Sanchez is going to have to become the kind of quarterback who leads teams to victory, rather than the kind who tags along for the ride . . .   or the natives are going to start getting restless . . .

If they haven't already.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I'd rate it as Cutler 1, Sanchez 2.   Rodgers 3.

Ryan 4.

Flacco 5.

Cutler was traded for 2 1st rd picks, a 3rd and a pretty darn good everyday QB in Orton.

I read somewhere where it is now deemed a success because Cutlie has led the Bears to the playoffs, but I ain't buying it until I see it for myself. He's Sanchez, but better.  That's not a good thing. He just has a better arm and looks more natural, but he's still a bonehead and overconfident.

Sanchez is Sanchez.  NY, ultra-hype, etc. But, to be fair, this is only his second year.

Next is Rodgers. The high expectations, how impressive he is, replacing Favre, etc.

Matt Ryan was a top 10 pick, is in his 3rd year now and is a #1 seed.  His running game is top notch and it's a balanced team. Now is his chance.

Flacco is not a top 10 pick has done well progressing and leading, but probably isn't expected to walk into Pitt and possibly NE and then win a SB this year. Would be nice, but the pressure isn't as high as the others, in my opinion.

The irony is, of these bottom 3, QBs on the "who has the most pressure" list, this is how I'd rank them as the best of the young crops right now in the NFL.

That's the thing with Cutler and now Sanchez.  The jig is up. Fans won't and shouldn't continue to pretend like they are in training, especially for Cutler. 

This is it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Although the Cutler trade had high draft picks involved the Bears have forgotten to get any OL help for him.  I can't blame somebody running for his life every game.  Cutler does a lot.  The few Bear fans down here see it the same way.  Why trade for a guy only to get him killed?  It is more about the front office than Cutler.

Sanchez is my #1 guy.  All the toys are there and it was the Jets that were a QB away from taking it all.  Instead of learning the game he was automatically expected to bring the championship to NY.

Flacco would be my #2.  He came in and did well but he didn't have the WRs.  Well, they went out and got those WRs and there is no improvement.  It's all about the defense in Baltimore anyway or he'd be my #1. 

Rodgers carries GB.  The defense has improved but there still isn't a running game.  They were short a RB and didn't go after one this past year.  The OL is suspect too.  The only pressure on Rodgers is the one he puts on himself.

My #3 guy is Romo.  He gets knocked out, the coach fired and the team starts winning some.  That had to hurt.  Dallas fans are sick of Jerry Jones and want a QB to challenge Romo.  Romo failed and should be shown the door.  He ain't the future for Dallas.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Right, but Angelo made that deal for Cutler. So, I am just going off of why he made that deal when he had Orton sit behind Grossman that long.

Orton was 10-2 at one point in a Bears uni.

Is Cutler that much better than Orton? No.

Cutler has a good arm, is athletic and can throw on the run.

He's Jeff George with mobility. 

Also, I think Bears fans are in denial.    They never really had good QBs there, so they are now brainwashed to think Cutler is the guy. Very similar to the Jets/Sanchez recipe.

Angelo is horrendous. He must have photos on the McCaskeys. I hope they enjoyed this season's run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from calchu7. Show calchu7's posts

To be honest with you, probably the player on the Jets team that has the most class is Sanchez.  The guy carries himself well and doesn't partake in the pre-grame banter like his classless teamates do.  He doesn't seem arrogant at all.

I really don't have problem with Sanchez.  It's too bad he's with the Jets.

Posted by pymus1[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

There are many classy jets players besides sanchez. Shonn Green, tony Richardson, brandon moore, david harris, jim leonhard, jason taylor. It would be much easier to root for them if they didnt play for NY

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rex is self destructing and Jason Taylor, Revis and other players are distancing themsevles from his truly outlandish buffoonery.  When young guys like Cromartie and Ellis are his only visible supporters, it shows that Rex is on the wrong side of what it is to be professional. The Jets won't fire him after Sunday, but he's done; his schtick seems to be getting warn out in his own locker room. And, why the Commissioner of the most corporate of all leagues, the NFL, hasn't called this guy and told him to show a modacum of class is, frankly, also unprofessional. Thier is a line where New York brashness becomes tawdry and Rex crossed that line a long time ago -- this ain't toe in the water stuff, he's all in, and way over his head (I've mixed as many metaphors as I can for one post).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]Right, but Angelo made that deal for Cutler. So, I am just going off of why he made that deal when he had Orton sit behind Grossman that long. Orton was 10-2 at one point in a Bears uni. Is Cutler that much better than Orton? No. Cutler has a good arm, is athletic and can throw on the run. He's Jeff George with mobility.  Also, I think Bears fans are in denial.    They never really had good QBs there, so they are now brainwashed to think Cutler is the guy. Very similar to the Jets/Sanchez recipe. Angelo is horrendous. He must have photos on the McCaskeys. I hope they enjoyed this season's run.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I never understood the Grossman thing either.  I liked Orton when he came out.  All he did was win in Chicago even with that OL.  I agree with you on the Cutler comparision with George.  All the tools but brain dead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I watch Jason Taylor play golf at a celebrity golf tournament, he was teamed up with Lawrence Taylor.  Two very scary guys in person.

Good comments by him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoAd. Show NoAd's posts

[QUOTE]Rex is self destructing and Jason Taylor, Revis and other players are distancing themsevles from his truly outlandish buffoonery.  When young guys like Cromartie and Ellis are his only visible supporters, it shows that Rex is on the wrong side of what it is to be professional. The Jets won't fire him after Sunday, but he's done; his schtick seems to be getting warn out in his own locker room. And, why the Commissioner of the most corporate of all leagues, the NFL, hasn't called this guy and told him to show a modacum of class is, frankly, also unprofessional. Thier is a line where New York brashness becomes tawdry and Rex crossed that line a long time ago -- this ain't toe in the water stuff, he's all in, and way over his head (I've mixed as many metaphors as I can for one post).
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoAd. Show NoAd's posts

Mixing metaphors!!  I love it.  As well, The Jets are Fox at its worst, the Jets are peanut butter and catsup on Ritz Crackers,  the Jets are Tom DeLay and Brittany Spears, short white socks and black polyester.   The jets are funky embarrassing fetishes.                                                                                    The Patriots, ...Brady's kids know who their father is.

Yccchhhh pretty much sums up the Jets.

I am really looking forward to this game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

I always liked Taylor and Zach Thomas...oh well

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Jason Taylor on Tom Brady::
    [QUOTE "I come from a school of thought that if you don't want someone to celebrate or be excited, say something to you, or do something that you might perceive to be offensive, then don't let them score and they won't do that.Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

pretty simple philosophy. i personally don't have a problem if TB dogs them like he did. we all know the patriots don't trash talk to the media, but they can do a good job of it on the field

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Cutler is under a great deal of  pressure. By comparison, Rodgers, is known quality player. It is still nearly impossible for me to believe that the Bears actually went to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman, however, anyone that thinks that expectations aren't sky in Chicago would be deluded. Ryan has been surrounded with exceptional offensive talent (White, Turner, Gonzalez) that allowed him to develop confidence to the point that I am not surprised by the progress he has made and ex-pat Dimitroff should be commended. Regardless of what we on this board think, there is a huge expectation of Rodgers that extends far beyond where and when he was drafted. I like Rodgers more than Cutler and believe Rodgers has grown more as a player and a leader in the last two years. Cutler has that arrogance streak where he perceives himself as better than the talent that surrounds him.

Great fun watching these young QBs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Cutler is under a great deal of  pressure. By comparison, Rodgers, is known quality player. It is still nearly impossible for me to believe that the Bears actually went to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman, however, anyone that thinks that expectations aren't sky in Chicago would be deluded. Ryan has been surrounded with exceptional offensive talent (White, Turner, Gonzalez) that allowed him to develop confidence to the point that I am not surprised by the progress he has made and ex-pat Dimitroff should be commended. Regardless of what we on this board think, there is a huge expectation of Rodgers that extends far beyond where and when he was drafted. I like Rodgers more than Cutler and believe Rodgers has grown more as a player and a leader in the last two years. Cutler has that arrogance streak where he perceives himself as better than the talent that surrounds him.

Great fun watching these young QBs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

With TB, what happens in the game, stays in the game.  That is the time to be expressive and most competitive.  Why waste the energy outside the lines?  As all the Patriots players have commented..  it is about preparation now and let the play on the field be their words!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Maybe Taylor wants to finish his career here next year just like Ricky Williams does

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoLongHarryTruman. Show SoLongHarryTruman's posts

[QUOTE]Sanchez is my #1 guy.  All the toys are there and it was the Jets that were a QB away from taking it all.  Instead of learning the game he was automatically expected to bring the championship to NY. [/QUOTE]

I've said it before. I think Rex is misusing the talent he has. Most particularly Sanchez. There are plenty of toys, but the offense is probably too vertical for him at this point in his career. Rex could learn something by looking at how BB brought TB along.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Why didn't he come to N.E.?  He thought the Jets would win the division.  Lots of people did.  Analyst after analyst said so.  So he thought they would do it, and he went with his "best" shot at a championship. Say what you want about what a magnificent person he is and all that, but he spent his career IN MIAMI.  So, he obviously doesn't know how to pick a winner.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]I still can't figure out why he chose NY. I know they offered more money, but he's not playing for money now. I bet he felt he'd play more in NY and maybe he's right.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]He went to NY, because at the time he thought they had the best chance to win the Super Bowl not the Pats. He also leveraged the Phins for more money 2 years ago acting like he was interested in playing for the Pats. If the Pats win, it will accomplish 3 things 1. We move on to the AFC Championship 2. Tomlinson No Ring 3. Taylor no Ring. That will be sweet.