Jason Taylor on Tom Brady:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Re: Jason Taylor on Tom Brady:

Jason Taylor is the ultimate class act and knows how the game should be played. Really wish that he would have chosen the Pats over the Jests but I'm sure he'll realize that on Sunday evening. One of the kids that played on my high school football team is Jason Taylor's nephew. Pretty cool stuff

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The Pats didn't make Taylor an offer.  I think he had burned that bridge the year before.  He's probably thinking about that bridge more and more as the season goes by.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

Nobody mentions the fact that Taylor and Brady are documented as being not good friends but best friends? Of course the guy does have some class, but he loves Brady, he is not going to rip him apart. This isnt the "Oh Manning and Brady are friends" because they are nice to each other and show respect. According to sources over the last decade Taylor and Brady are rather close outside of football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In Response to Re: Jason Taylor on Tom Brady::
    The Pats didn't make Taylor an offer.  I think he had burned that bridge the year before.  He's probably thinking about that bridge more and more as the season goes by.
    Posted by shenanigan

Totaly agree. There is the assumption Taylor turned the Patriots down when in fact the Patriots probably did not want him. I have a lot less respect for Taylor for going to the Jets, I don't think he thought they were that close to a Super Bowl, he wanted to stick it to Miami for not keeping him on the team. I feel the same about Adam Vinatieri. Why did he go to the Colts same reason -- to get back at Belichick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

its like vrable here... he outlived his usefulness and they were planning on going younger and cheaper... look cameron wake is an all pro

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Jason Taylor on Tom Brady: : Totaly agree. There is the assumption Taylor turned the Patriots down when in fact the Patriots probably did not want him. I have a lot less respect for Taylor for going to the Jets, I don't think he thought they were that close to a Super Bowl, he wanted to stick it to Miami for not keeping him on the team. I feel the same about Adam Vinatieri. Why did he go to the Colts same reason -- to get back at Belichick.
    Posted by NEGAME2

I could have sworn they spoke to him at some point before he signed with NY.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Always thought Taylor was the type of opponent that NE fans should respect.  His comments have cemented that feeling.  Why he chose to play for an obnoxious team like NY, who knows.  I always thought he would be a very good Patriot.  

You'll notice that the teams that complain about Brady celebrating are the ones that a) he continually beats and b) can't wait to open their mouths and talk about how Brady and the Pats are overrated, etc.  Turnabout is fair play.  If you want to run your mouth in the media, then don't be surprised when Brady rubs your face in it on the field. 

All of the guys that hate Brady would absolutely love to have him as their starting QB, especially a team like NY.   

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

I still can't figure out why he chose NY. I know they offered more money, but he's not playing for money now. I bet he felt he'd play more in NY and maybe he's right.
    Posted by BBReigns

REALLY???

Homeboy is late for every practice!

BB would not be able to stick up for this DIVA

I understand he is a loyal guy but Parcells outed him for all the right reasons because he is a loner, he trains, dances and prepares on his own...

He is not the type of guy you want on a young team.

I think the Pats made an offer to keep him away from the Jets and if we had WON the bid he would have come here but he would be on his way out if he was late to every practice like he was on Hard Knocks

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

I like no Jet player...none, zero, nada. I dont care if they bring gifts to the Salvation Army, help Old Ladies across the street. This week they are the enemy, and should be treated like that. They give no respect, they get none. Hope the Pats send them home crying like little kids that they are. Total Destruction, No Mercy.
    Posted by bobbysu

Ditto.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

"I respect Brady as a competitor"  with a picture of Jason Taylor acting gentlemanly.

For some reason, I don't see that on the back of the New York Post anytime soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

"I respect Brady as a competitor"  with a picture of Jason Taylor acting gentlemanly. For some reason, I don't see that on the back of the New York Post anytime soon.
    Posted by pauldeba

You'd have to think that there are guys who play in the NFL (read: potential free agents) that probably wouldn't like when guys like Cromartie go off despite having a pretty spotty track record as both a competitor and a human being.  That guy should feel entitled to speak for the team?  I've read that players like playing for Ryan.  I can't imagine everyone in the Jets locker room likes it when he empowers guys like Edwards, Cromartie and Holmes to say things that taint the whole team.  

In my opinion there is nothing worse than a guy who is a sore sport, whether he is on your team or is an opponent.  Whatever happened to speak softly and carry a big stick in pro sports?  I'm glad we have a team that carries itself professionally off the field.  Call me old fashioned I guess.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I'm glad we have a team that carries itself professionally off the field.  Call me old fashioned I guess

I'm all over that. It makes the wins that much sweeter.

Sections
Shortcuts