JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS:

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: JASON TAYLOR YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS:

Yes, good players make teams better. Also when you get into the end zone you get a TD.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS:

Saying the same thing i've been saying since pre-season.

a back with break away speed (ridley) will open up the pass.
    an outside the numbers receiver (price)will open the middle of the field.

and indirectly saying similar to what ive said on dbacks - coaching.

check my related observations in my posts (by clicking my monikers bredbru and brdbreu).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: JASON TAYLOR YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS:

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS::
    Yes, good players make teams better. Also when you get into the end zone you get a TD.
    Posted by shenanigan

this has nothing to do with my post or jasons points.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS:

ridley does not have breakaway speed. breakaway speed means outrunning corners. we passed on a ton of rbs with breakaway speed in the draft, including my preferred choice, demarco Murray, who broke the cowboys franchise single game rushing record in his first start 2 weeks ago, and followed it up by averaging 10 UPC last week. he was also the best receiver out of the backfield in the draft. we also passed on some versatile receivers with breakaway speed, like Cobb. hopefully next year we draft a true homerun threat that needs to be accounted for on every play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

there are going to be games where this staff is outcoached. there are going to be players this staff misses in the draft. the coach/management team has also been picked over the past 5 years with numerous departures. yet this team is always in the playoffs, and usually in the SB hunt. Unfortunately, this team has suffered 3 playoff games to get out coached over the past few years.
    I am a big proponant of "change is good". I thought it was time for Francona to move on. I am not upset that Theo is leaving as well. Change is good. Yet, I cannot imagine this team being in better position wihout BB as the coach.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

No question about it, there are quite a few posters on this forum who would clearly do a much better job of evaluating talent and drafting players than BB.  I've just emailed Robert Kraft and instructed him to dismiss BB at once.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS::
    ridley does not have breakaway speed. breakaway speed means outrunning corners. we passed on a ton of rbs with breakaway speed in the draft, including my preferred choice, demarco Murray, who broke the cowboys franchise single game rushing record in his first start 2 weeks ago, and followed it up by averaging 10 UPC last week. he was also the best receiver out of the backfield in the draft. we also passed on some versatile receivers with breakaway speed, like Cobb. hopefully next year we draft a true homerun threat that needs to be accounted for on every play.
    Posted by arodrambone

Do not count out Vereen in the long run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS: : Do not count out Vereen in the long run.
    Posted by portfolio1

I'm not counting out vereen and he should be a very solid back, but he doesn't have breakaway speed. nor do woodhead, Welker, or anybody else on the offense.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It doesn't matter which back we have, ot whether or not we signed Barry Sanders. You can't see break away speed without any of these options in the game. We don't run the ball unless we are up by double digits, and then maybe(Buffalo)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Price might have speed but what he doesn't have is good route running ability, go up and get the ball ability or making good catches ability.  Need more then speed to be considered a deep threat!

BTW, Moss catches that under thrown Brady ball from Sunday!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS: : I'm not counting out vereen and he should be a very solid back, but he doesn't have breakaway speed. nor do woodhead, Welker, or anybody else on the offense.
    Posted by arodrambone

Price was the 2nd fastest WR at the combine with 4.40, Woodhead's 4.33 at his Pro Day (no combine invite) would make him the second fastest at the combine. In fact it would make him one of the fastest players ever (20th all time). Fastest time ever is 4.24 Rondel Melendez.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS: : Price was the 2nd fastest WR at the combine with 4.40, Woodhead's 4.33 at his Pro Day (no combine invite) would make him the second fastest at the combine. In fact it would make him one of the fastest players ever (20th all time). Fastest time ever is 4.24 Rondel Melendez.
    Posted by shenanigan

woe, I had no idea Woodhead has that kind of speed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

No question about it, there are quite a few posters on this forum who would clearly do a much better job of evaluating talent and drafting players than BB.  I've just emailed Robert Kraft and instructed him to dismiss BB at once.
    Posted by ATJ

despite yoru sarcasm, there hace been many people on this board who have picked players we passed on who were much better than the players we picked and who filled holes we did not. because he is bb, does not mean he is the best gm in the league. bb the gm has hurt bb the coach. anyone with a football mind has observed that. bb is a great coach. brady is a great qb tht iswhy we still have winning seasons despite the mediocre drafting on the whole.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

Jason Taylor or Jason Cole? 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

sorry thank for cathing that yes jason cole

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS: : despite yoru sarcasm, there hace been many people on this board who have picked players we passed on who were much better than the players we picked and who filled holes we did not. because he is bb, does not mean he is the best gm in the league. bb the gm has hurt bb the coach. anyone with a football mind has observed that. bb is a great coach. brady is a great qb tht iswhy we still have winning seasons despite the mediocre drafting on the whole.
    Posted by brdbreu

Sarcasm aside, is your post an assertion that you or anyone else who posts on this board is a better judge of NFL level talent than BB?  If so, then with all due respect, that is just plain silly.  Has BB passed on some talent that could have helpd the team? I'm sure he has; not sure every GM in the league bats a 1.000.  Has BB selected players that haven't worked out?  Of course; only someone who is not paying attention would assert otherwise.

Now speaking directly to your point with respect to 'mediocre drafting' I'm wondering what BB's record is as compared to the rest of the league.  For example, it would appear that Bill Polian in Indy hasn't done such an altogether smashing job since his team without Peyton Manning isn't what anyone would call competitive at 0-7.

Fans get to make outrageous statements; it's part of being a fan. But let's get serious shall we?  By all means, take your shots at BB but repetitive second guessing to the point where fans are implying they actually know better than BB?  Come on.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS: : Sarcasm aside, is your post an assertion that you or anyone else who posts on this board is a better judge of NFL level talent than BB?  If so, then with all due respect, that is just plain silly.  Has BB passed on some talent that could have helpd the team? I'm sure he has; not sure every GM in the league bats a 1.000.  Has BB selected players that haven't worked out?  Of course; only someone who is not paying attention would assert otherwise. Now speaking directly to your point with respect to 'mediocre drafting' I'm wondering what BB's record is as compared to the rest of the league.  For example, it would appear that Bill Polian in Indy hasn't done such an altogether smashing job since his team without Peyton Manning isn't what anyone would call competitive at 0-7. Fans get to make outrageous statements; it's part of being a fan. But let's get serious shall we?  By all means, take your shots at BB but repetitive second guessing to the point where fans are implying they actually know better than BB?  Come on.
    Posted by ATJ

I LIKE BB AS A Coach, but i'm sorry i dont share your reverence or yoru opinion. i stand by mine.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I think I might have a hard time getting way into the draft this year. and not for lack of love for the process. eh, who am I kidding, lol.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS: : Sarcasm aside, is your post an assertion that you or anyone else who posts on this board is a better judge of NFL level talent than BB?  If so, then with all due respect, that is just plain silly.  Has BB passed on some talent that could have helpd the team? I'm sure he has; not sure every GM in the league bats a 1.000.  Has BB selected players that haven't worked out?  Of course; only someone who is not paying attention would assert otherwise. Now speaking directly to your point with respect to 'mediocre drafting' I'm wondering what BB's record is as compared to the rest of the league.  For example, it would appear that Bill Polian in Indy hasn't done such an altogether smashing job since his team without Peyton Manning isn't what anyone would call competitive at 0-7. Fans get to make outrageous statements; it's part of being a fan. But let's get serious shall we?  By all means, take your shots at BB but repetitive second guessing to the point where fans are implying they actually know better than BB?  Come on.
    Posted by ATJ

This is a tired old argument. It's like saying nobody should criticize Obama because they don't have the political acumen he has.

The bottom line is that the job is not getting done. And that means something has to change. We all know where the buck stops.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS: : This is a tired old argument. It's like saying nobody should criticize Obama because they don't have the political acumen he has. The bottom line is that the job is not getting done. And that means something has to change. We all know where the buck stops.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Try as I might, I simply am unable to locate anywhere in any post where I have said that BB is above criticism.  I'm baffled by his release of James Sanders, for example, and I didn't think it was a good move at the time.  As I stated previously, fans get to say anything they like.  Fire away at BB, by all means, but let's get real shall we?  Criticism is one thing; asserting that anyone posting on this forum knows better than he how to run a team is ridiculous.  That's my point, tired argument though it may be. 

And for purposes of clarity, I have never asserted nor would I ever that BB is above criticism. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from koft. Show koft's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS: :     woe, I had no idea Woodhead has that kind of speed.
    Posted by passfirst

it`s pretty clear that danny woodhead has great speed, to go along with some nifty juke moves. as for how he measures up statistically, i wouldn`t know. what i do know is that he`s really really fast.   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS: : This is a tired old argument. It's like saying nobody should criticize Obama because they don't have the political acumen he has. The bottom line is that the job is not getting done. And that means something has to change. We all know where the buck stops.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Fortunate for Bill I guess that he doesn't have an obstructionist Congress on top of everything else....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS: : Try as I might, I simply am unable to locate anywhere in any post where I have said that BB is above criticism.  I'm baffled by his release of James Sanders, for example, and I didn't think it was a good move at the time.  As I stated previously, fans get to say anything they like.  Fire away at BB, by all means, but let's get real shall we?  Criticism is one thing; asserting that anyone posting on this forum knows better than he how to run a team is ridiculous.  That's my point, tired argument though it may be.  And for purposes of clarity, I have never asserted nor would I ever that BB is above criticism. 
    Posted by ATJ

re:
    "  Criticism is one thing; asserting that anyone posting on this forum knows better than he how to run a team is ridiculous. "

peacefully, i disagree. there are better gm's for the patriots than bb. and people on this board have given input in differeing situaltions that would have better served the pats.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: JASON TAYLOR - YAHOO SPORTS ON PATS: : re: "  Criticism is one thing; asserting that anyone posting on this forum knows better than he how to run a team is ridiculous. " peacefully, i disagree. there are better gm's for the patriots than bb. and people on this board have given input in differeing situaltions that would have better served the pats.
    Posted by brdbreu

Better GMs in the NFL than BB; perhaps.  A poster on this board who could better serve the Pats; patently absurd.  You can't possibly be serious.

Sections
Shortcuts