Jason Tayor to Sign with the Fish

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

Jason Tayor to Sign with the Fish

looks like Taylor is no longer an option at OLB, according to PFT.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/13/jason-taylor-to-re-sign-with-fins/

personally, i'm fine with it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fredfredfred. Show Fredfredfred's posts

Re: Jason Tayor to Sign with the Fish

I hope there is a plan B because Tully and Woods will provide zero pressure

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

i think plan B is Crable (possibly Redd)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Word is Jason Taylor will sign for the league minimum.  I guess Jason doesn't care about getting a ring.  Wouldn't it be funny if the phins revert back to 1-15 with Jason back.  Not that far fetched.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Well, at least this will stop all these threads about him signing with NE.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

The Patriots are fine with the players they have on the roster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

OK they didn't draft an OLB, JT is a Dolphin, Peppers is way to expensive, so what are the options now???????
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

Excellent question!  And I certainly don't have the answer.  The Pats need a pass rush and I still believe Peppers is way to expensive.  Either Peppers lowers his price or the Pats may have to look for a trade.  If that option is even available, which I have no idea if it is.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jc686. Show jc686's posts

He will be pancaked by our superior O-line this year once again

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

LOL!  Wow, Taylor is a loser...he would rather have less pay and playing time on Miami where he wasn't wanted....than to come to a real football team with more playing time, more money and where he is really wanted.

Guess he doesn't mind sitting on the bench.

He is now as dumb as his ex-teammate Zachary Thomas.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Finally.

I am glad the Taylor obsession can come to an end here.

I expect the Peppers talk to get fired up now though, but the only tendered player I would want them to sacrifice selections for is Terrel Suggs.

The Pats will get more sacks out of their ROLB spot than the Dolphins will get out of Taylor. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Where are the sacks/pass rush going to come from, Crable? Guyton? Redd? Tully?
    Posted by Harleyroadking111

People have been high on Crable....he has been compared to Willie in size and speed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

Jason Taylor signs a below market deal to spend more time with his family = LOSER (are all players not signing with the Pats automatically losers?).

TBC had 5.5 sacks as a part time player for the Pats in 2006.
    P Woods should be strong and agile enough to set the edge on running downs.
    S Crable was brought the NE to be a pass rushing OLB with size and speed.
    V Redd also has good size and excellent speed (although lacks superior LB agility)

Rosevelt Colvin is still only 31 years old and has been productive in the Pats D system. If healthy, I would bring Colvin back for 1 more year and let him compete for playing time with the above mentioned 4 OLBs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

It's Colvin time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Thank God it's over.  Now where the h_ell is our pass rush coming from?  A Couple of 2nd year players who basically showed nothing last year?

At this point, without something major happening (signing Peppers),  We have done nothing to improve the pass rush from last year.  There is absolutely no reason to feel good about this Defense that was 31st in Red Zone Defense and that could not get off the field on 3rd down.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

enjoy him Dolphins.........he lacks fire

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

In terms of the overall pass rush, others will have to step in to replace Vrabel at the ROLB positon.

A healthy AD Thomas should be good for 8-10 sacks this year.  AD was showing his true potential in the first half last year, so a full, productive and healthy season would go a long way.

Althought Seymore showed what he's about when healthy (8 sacks), Ty Warren and Jarvis Green both had sub-par seasons in terms of rushing the passer.  Last year they combined for just 4 sacks total.  They teamed up for 25.5 sacks in the previous 2 seasons (2006-2007).  They're both in their primes and should be good for at least 4-5 sacks each.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southie77. Show southie77's posts

I had not been in love of the hot pursuit of Jason Taylor , so I am not upset at all with the news of him signing with Miami.

I think the expectation some had in him becoming a force in NE may not have panned out anyway. The Redskins cut him, the Dolphins, after dargging their feet for a long time, only offered him an one year contract at more or less the veteran minimum. Do they know more than fans who only go by past glories? He is 34 years old, caming off injuries that kept him out for major portion of last season. He is a warm weather player. He may  have trouble adjusting to the cold weathersplaying  in NE.

I think more of letting young and upcoming players play and get game experience in the OLB position.  Cassel did not come into his own until he got his playing time. Fans were clamouring for Casel's head in the 2008 preseason.  The upside in developing our young prospects could be more than getting a name player at the tail end of his career(and who was not that interested in getting with the program anyway).

And there will be other players available come time of roster trimming tome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Jason Taylor signs a below market deal to spend more time with his family = LOSER (are all players not signing with the Pats automatically losers?). TBC had 5.5 sacks as a part time player for the Pats in 2006. P Woods should be strong and agile enough to set the edge on running downs. S Crable was brought the NE to be a pass rushing OLB with size and speed. V Redd also has good size and excellent speed (although lacks superior LB agility) Rosevelt Colvin is still only 31 years old and has been productive in the Pats D system. If healthy, I would bring Colvin back for 1 more year and let him compete for playing time with the above mentioned 4 OLBs.
    Posted by bobomul

DUH!  You act like you don't know.....LOL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Not surprised he stayed in Miami just surprised he decided this soon.

But I'm glad he made up his mind so soon so BB can explore other options

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

It appears that his decision had more to do with logistics than football.  When I read about him wanting to play near his South Florida home, I was glad the Pats did not acquire him.  Now, that he'll be trying to sack TB, I could care less about him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

It doesn't appear that Taylor is interested in playing winning football anymore. In that case let him stay home and play with his kids. It will be ironic if he and Porter can't play at the same time since neither can play SOLB, This is what happened 2 years ago. Don't discount the possibility of either gettting cut to make room for Wake whom they got from the CFL

Sections
Shortcuts