Javon Walker Offered Raiders Their Money Back

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Javon Walker Offered Raiders Their Money Back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/31/walker-recalls-offering-to-give-raiders-money-back/

1) I'd love to bring the guy in to camp at least and see what he's made of. He's at a point where he's hungry and motivated to prove himself pre-Raiders.

2) Just another reason why the Raiders are the Raiders. Shell out the big bucks for a good receiver with one great year. He offers to give money back and you still say no and make him play football.

3) I think it's cool as hell for Walker to offer his contract money back in any form. I don't think any player should have to do that because whether they perform well or not, they're risking serious, life-threatening injuries with each snap. It may be cliche and exaggeration but think about it, their earning windows are extremely limited so more often than not, they deserve to keep their guaranteed money. Plus, it's clear the true business minds are the suits that run the franchises so it should be their job description to evaluate talent and determine who's worth what.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Re: Javon Walker Offered Raiders Their Money Back

Dear God LMAO! 
    He was saying essentially, "Look, I LOVE the game of football, but I ain't worth this money, SO I'm offering to pay you ALL of my contract money back, so I can just get out of it and retire..." 
    Ha-haha ahhh... 
    Al Davis: "No deal. My Reasoning?  See, My team is so god-awful, that you ACTUALLY want to retire to get outta this he!!.  But little do you know the flip-side: You NOT being worth that hefty contract doesn't matter BECAUSE this team IS so awful...I mean, I know I could actually spend the money elsewhere, but you being miserable makes me more happy than actual success does."

Ha-hahaha ROFLMAO...oh man.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

That is too freakin funny. Laz, you couldn't have wrote anything this funny. LOL.  Only in Raider land!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Javon Walker Offered Raiders Their Money Back:
    I know I could actually spend the money elsewhere, but you being miserable makes me more happy than actual success does."
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

If I am Robert Kraft, I am seriously considering this line of reasoning as it relates to Adalius Thomas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

ROFLOL...god I am STILL in tears by this line of rationale.  I mean, boy ya got that right-Ya can't even fictionalize this brand of reasoning.  Uh, omg Al Davis is the end all (of what however, I'm far more unsure now). 
    Prairie- See that ain't bad in AD's case 1 single bit...  But see the nonrelation to this is even better, AD has been an underproducing and unapologetic in his poisonous personality...
         Haha, THIS dude goes, "Ya I haven't lived up to your expectations, sorry. Here's all your money back. I'm just gonna go away and never burden your team or even this sport again." 
         Davis: "No You're NOT. You're gonna sit here and r0t just like the rest of us, Including me and everything I touch. Here we ARE- 2 rotting corpses dead-smack in the cenetr a' Rottville, U.S.A.. You and me bud, In it til the apocalypse. Money, Success, Decency-These things matter nothing in Al Davis-Land. What does, you ask?  Witnessing a person's failed existance...and reveling in their pain. In fact, you're gonna come to my office EVERY day, just to tell me how much you hate your life and I'm gonna pay you extra."  HahaaOmg-ROF!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Easy on Uncle Al he has won more super bowls the Green New York...!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i generally think of walker as a guy who flamed out very early, and hasnt been a great guy on or off the field. but i heard him in an interview on Sirius NFL radio a few weeks ago and i was really surprised by how intelligent and mature he seemed. i mean i was really shocked. and it also sounded like he was very eager to show that he can still play and stick it too the raiders. and he actually specifically mentioned the patriots as a team he would love to play for. i personally would like to see the pats take a flier on this guy with one of those low money one year contracts that they have been so successful in giving vets over the past few years (stallworth, bodden). 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I said before this is something you could do with Adalius just deactivate him and eat his contract and let him wither away... he won't play a snap in 2010 then if there is a lockout in 2011 he is out then too and then if he comes back in 2012 he will not have anyone intrested in him. If I had Krafts Money and no salary cap like there is this year I think I would do it. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Walker is like Hart Lee Dykes remember him? I thought they both were decent guys... capable of being solid #2's in my opinion... but then life happens. Unfortunately Hart Lee busted his leg up Theisman style and was never the same.  As for Walker I don't know why he flamed out... but he is a stand up guy... unfortunately he was negotiating with a guy that needs to be proped up.

Patriots could give him a once over and I think it might be worth it if they got him on a vet minimum deal for a year.

Sections
Shortcuts