Jay Ratliff

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Jay Ratliff

Any interest in thie knucklehead if available? Pretty good NT considering how undersized he is.

Prior to this season, I don't remember any offseason issues with him. That being said, the Cowboys are switching to a 4-3 and Ratliff is due 7 million. Speculation is that there is a good chance that he may be a cap casualty.

Don't really know the contract he'd be seeking or if he can be effective in a 4-3, but I think it's definitely someone that should at least be looked into

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Jay Ratliff

Nope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

not a good fit for the Pats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8870962/jay-ratliff-dallas-cowboys-arrested-charged-dwi

No off-season problems?  And right after his fellow team mate was killed for the same problem.  WOW  NO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8870962/jay-ratliff-dallas-cowboys-arrested-charged-dwi

No off-season problems?  And right after his fellow team mate was killed for the same problem.  WOW  NO!

I said prior to this season. Well aware of what happened this season

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Yes, you did.  My bad!  Still a no.  Declining talent and his excuse for his drinking and hitting an 18 wheeler was just that.  He was depressed?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Yes, you did.  My bad!  Still a no.  Declining talent and his excuse for his drinking and hitting an 18 wheeler was just that.  He was depressed?

No idea what his issue was. Won the Ed Block Courage award in '07. Maybe he just needs a fresh start. He is getting up there in age, but people have been clamoring for a DT.

A lot of people like Melton...but the Pats may have trouble keeping two of their three big FA's (Vollmer, Talib, Welker). Melton will get a bigger contract than any of them. As much of a need DT is, WR and CB will be an even bigger need as Lloyd and Dennard are pretty much the only guys signed at those positions.

If you're going to fill CB and WR, you're not going to get an up and coming DT who is a good season. Going to have to settle with young players with limited upside, or older vets who have some baggage. He's made the pro bowl in his last 4 full seasons/

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Don't want him here but loved it when he was going to flatten Jerry Jones in the locker room.

Sections
Shortcuts