Jbolt - Response please

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Jbolt - Response please

Chargers QB Philip Rivers was sacked four times in his first seven drop backs against the Cardinals Saturday night.

Should the Chargers be worried about their offensive line?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Jbolt - Response please

In Response to Jbolt - Response please:
    [QUOTE]Chargers QB Philip Rivers was sacked four times in his first seven drop backs against the Cardinals Saturday night. Should the Chargers be worried about their offensive line?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

They should be worried about having Norv at the helm.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Have to give them credit though; besides the four sacks they seems to have played pretty well against a good cardinals team. 
    http://www.chargers.com/news/article-1/chargers-soar-past-cards-17-6/061a18d7-66b8-4308-8ea3-14a826a896d4

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

[QUOTE]Chargers QB Philip Rivers was sacked four times in his first seven drop backs against the Cardinals Saturday night. Should the Chargers be worried about their offensive line?

Well, in my dynasty league I'm going to be slotted into Rivers or Romo  unless I make a move for Rodgers/Peyton or trade down for Ryan. Lots of R-named QBs...  To be fair, I naturally assumed Rivers was going to have a slight drop-off this seasoin with the Chargers D probably being a bit better, as with everyone in their division slighttly improving (I do think Denver looks like a team with 'long drive ending ina FG' written all over them).. Everyone seems a bit down on him and Romo, really. I dunno. To me, both look about the same... e.g., solid TE, solid running game, good but not overtwhelming WRs... I tend to think one of the two, Romor or Rivers, will have a better year than Peyton, just not sure which.

I tend to think this favors Rivers in some sens:

1) Weaker division teams meaning easier matchups
    2) Teams will still respect LT until otherwise proven

whereas Dallas:
    1) Tougher division, but could be playing from behind
    2) Most teams will probably make Romo beat them

An O-line issue might be a difference maker... e.g., I'm already leary about Peyton for similar reasons...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

5 of 7 for 116 - Rivers
    6 of 7 for 66 - Volek
    5 of 9 for 52 - Whitehurst
    aLL 3 QBs played great behind rookies starting on the Oline
    No turnovers - didnt see 5 int's
    The D played outstanding, holding AZ to 6 points with key Int's
    Not worried in the slightest
    Its nice to have good backups at QB, guys capable of winning playoff games on the road
    Colts suuck

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to Re: Jbolt - Response please:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Jbolt - Response please : 5 of 7 for 116 - Rivers

aLL 3 QBs played great behind rookies starting on the Oline No turnovers - didnt see 5 int's Not worried in the slightest
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Troll fight!  Why am I refereeing two trolls, neither of which wants to face certain realities?  One reality:  this is a Patriots board. 

underdogg:  I think Rivers actually dropped back 11 times.  7 were passes and 4 were sacks.

JBolt:  I think in saying Rivers was 5 for 7 with no mention of 4 sacks, you're implying to the casual reader that Rivers wasn't sacked 4 times, because there were only 2 passes not completed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

All - I am not making Rivers responsible for the sacks - although he may be.  I honestly don't know. 

As confident as Jbolt is with the other stats, I am sure opponents are pleased to see that they may be able to get to the SD QB.  Did I read that it was 4 different players that sacked Rivers?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Jbolt - Response please : They should be worried about having Norv at the helm.....
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Couldnt have said it any better, Norv's teams get weaker as the season progresses before they finally implode in the first round of the playoffs.  Norv is softer than charmin tissue on his teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jbolt - Response please : Couldnt have said it any better, Norv's teams get weaker as the season progresses before they finally implode in the first round of the playoffs.  Norv is softer than charmin tissue on his teams.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Yeah, good OC, bad HC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jbolt - Response please : Troll fight!  Why am I refereeing two trolls, neither of which wants to face certain realities?  One reality:  this is a Patriots board.  underdogg:  I think Rivers actually dropped back 11 times.  7 were passes and 4 were sacks. JBolt:  I think in saying Rivers was 5 for 7 with no mention of 4 sacks, you're implying to the casual reader that Rivers wasn't sacked 4 times, because there were only 2 passes not completed.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]
     whatever, the whole team had 0 turnovers. i'd rather have a guy take a sack with no turnovers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]All - I am not making Rivers responsible for the sacks - although he may be.  I honestly don't know.  As confident as Jbolt is with the other stats, I am sure opponents are pleased to see that they may be able to get to the SD QB.  Did I read that it was 4 different players that sacked Rivers?
    As stated previously, one rookie played the entire game and another for 3 qtrs on the Oline & still won in convincing fashion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Can we talk about the Patriots on this board, or is it just for Colts' and Chargers' fans? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jbolt - Response please : As stated previously, one rookie played the entire game and another for 3 qtrs on the Oline & still won in convincing fashion.
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE] this should cheer you up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/24/philip-rivers-gets-his-big-contract/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Jbolt - Response please : this should cheer you up. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/24/philip-rivers-gets-his-big-contract/
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]
    Do you think the deal was so big because he didn't fumble on any of those sacks? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

whats bad with the big contracts is when the great QB,s contracts are up,there gonna want,or exspect more.rivers is good.eli manning is ok,but there contracts just raised the bar for brady,s.

Sections
Shortcuts