Jeff Demps won the men's 100m at the Ponce Grand Prix in a time of 10.27 seconds, what does it mean? could we not have worked with him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

the man clearly still has elite talent. y couldnt we make him the bo jackson of this era? there always 2 or 3 folks to sacrfce for. didnt we do this for roman phifer for instance. he used to miss practices routinely to go to the west coast to spend time with his family. now someone else has this elite talent. i bet tampa will figure out how to accomodate this elite talent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

haha, there's a pink hat revolution going on!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

it means he's a wuss and doesn't want to get hit!! thank you buc s!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

but can u hit what u can't catch?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

but can u hit what u can't catch?

sorry for the double!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

No, we couldn't have worked with him.

Playing football in the NFL is NOT a part-time job. To compare him to Bo Jackson is painfully laughable. To compare him to Phifer is insulting. He doesn't have near the physical tools or measurables that Bo did, not even close. He was not an established, productive veteran like Phifer...in fact, he's yet to set foot on the field for a regular season game. He is NOTHING 'special'. He's fast. Can Usain Bolt play WR or RB? Speed does NOT equate talent or success. Bethel Johnson? Chad Jackson?

What i said I feel is enough...but then pile on that Demps, HIMSELF, said football wasn't important to him. Seriously? You want to cater to someone with an attitude like that towards football? It's like buying a girl things to stay with you...does that EVER work out in the end? She gets all the stuff, and still moves on. My prediction is that Demps gets less than 100 carries for his CAREER.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to ImagydSportsBos' comment:

the man clearly still has elite talent. y couldnt we make him the bo jackson of this era? there always 2 or 3 folks to sacrfce for. didnt we do this for roman phifer for instance. he used to miss practices routinely to go to the west coast to spend time with his family. now someone else has this elite talent. i bet tampa will figure out how to accomodate this elite talent.

Winning the 100 meters in Track does not translate to a great football player--see Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson--see I already forgot their names.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Winning the 100 meters in Track does not translate to a great football player--see Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson--see I already forgot their names.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

as an aside, did u guys watch nfl network today when they had lolo jones and nehemiah judging the form of guys hurdling over tacklers.. the #1 guy in that area is one BLOUNT. i can this board lighting up the first time he does it and goes for 60 yards on a key 4th and 1 with 3 minutes left as he once did in tampa.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ImagydSportsBos. Show ImagydSportsBos's posts

as an aside, did u guys watch nfl network today when they had lolo jones and nehemiah judging the form of guys hurdling over tacklers.. the #1 guy in that area is one BLOUNT. i can this board lighting up the first time he does it and goes for 60 yards on a key 4th and 1 with 3 minutes left as he once did in tampa.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

So...when is he going to play?  Good trade in my opinion.  They were able to dump him which I thought amazing.  Fools.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

So...when is he going to play?  Good trade in my opinion.  They were able to dump him which I thought amazing.  Fools. 

Might end up a double post.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to leatherhelmet's comment:

"Skeets" Nehemiah was fast too............

...didn't end so well for him on the football field either........

that is true too-small and fast is great but when u do get hit solidly...

also, unlike smaller football players ie: welker, chrebet come right to mind-who are built with muscle and used to the pounding, a track guy is never going to be able to absorb many football hits

again tho u can't hit what u can't catch so their best best is avoidance and if they can do that they can be very dangerous and frustrating as hell for the opposing D

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.